VP's Stadium Backgrounds

VP.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean about it being a pain getting the stadium codes. And then having to work out if there is more than one club using the stadium so you don't duplicate...

...thinking about it I could send you my list of stadium codes (I keep a spreadsheet). Although it wouldn't be comprehensive as I haven't completed as many leagues as you have it would be a start.

I would say yes, but like you said i would probably still need to sort through them though it would save some time, but thanks a lot for offering :)

Used to make a few years ago (07/08 i think) and im certain it was a lot simpler?

EDIT: Actually, still send it if you don't mind so i can at least have a look thanks.

Used to make a few years ago (07/08 i think) and im certain it was a lot simpler?

They changed the tag format with FM2013. Now there are three places to put background images, one on the club screen, one on the team screen and one on the stadium screen. There doesn't seem to be a guide anywhere on any of those sort of things so I only found out about the club screen by trial and error. It is a bit of a pain and the stadiums only show up in the one place, I used to like having the stadium in the background when playing a match because it gave a feel for the opposition when playing away from home.

They changed the tag format with FM2013. Now there are three places to put background images, one on the club screen, one on the team screen and one on the stadium screen. There doesn't seem to be a guide anywhere on any of those sort of things so I only found out about the club screen by trial and error. It is a bit of a pain and the stadiums only show up in the one place, I used to like having the stadium in the background when playing a match because it gave a feel for the opposition when playing away from home.

Yeah its ridiculous now, i get a lot of people asking for them to show on matchdays but they don't realise just how long it takes going through every single stadium in the editor to get its ID. England isn't too bad as its only the newer stadiums that are different, but from what i've seen most if not all other leagues have separate ID numbers and its just far too time consuming to look them all up.

I use FM Graphics Configurator to make the 'team' configs as providing you name the pics the correct ID it auto makes the config for you (though it don't recognise png files), it also does 'stadium' too but as their configs are usually separate now there's no point using it! Someone needs to make a new one so we can at least make 'team' and 'club' backgrounds easier/quicker. But as for the stadiums, its just a case of spending hours going through the editor, which i just don't wanna do! Took me most of today just doing the UK pack ffs!

do these include the mini-stadium pictures included in the skin at the start of the match?

These will only show on team screens, and the newer ones ive put up will also show on club screens too, when i get chance i'll redo all the config files so they work on both. Its too time consuming making them for the mini-stadium view, but there are other packs about that will do that for you though.

The UK Megapack i've made works on all screens but i've just found out my Dropbox account has been disabled due to too much traffic :rolleyes: So until i can upload large files to Sortitoutsi that may not be available...

These look fantastic, great work!

Thanks mate :thup:

great stuff and thanks...do you know what skins these work with, once again thanks for the great work

Cheers mate. I make them for the Steklo X4 skin as it has a transparency setting so the in-game text is easier to read, but there are a few others that also show backgrounds.

Where do I put these files?

Once downloaded, open the files (you may need a program called 7zip) then place the folders here > C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\backgrounds

You may need to make the graphics and backgrounds folders yourself. Then go to in game preferences>Interface, then click clear cache and then reload skin.

all these goes inside the folder graphics in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 ???? I have a folder with stadium superpack inside the folder graphics and these VP Background aren't working here. I'm using the alavanja pervection skin

Have you opened the files and copied just the folders over?

Megapack of everything not just UK out of the question?

Quality work bud.

I'm not so sure, the only reason i made the UK pack was so the backgrounds would also show on matchdays. But after realising just how time consuming the stadium/matchday side of things now are i very much doubt i'll be doing it again im afreid.

Guadalajara's ground is niceee

Indeed it is!

whats the link for the mini stadium pic m8,as my fm looks **** without it now

If you mean my ones then the megapack link is down for now and the only way around it is to put all the UK packs into one and use the config file i uploaded in the first post. There is a separate pack about somewhere that has mini stadiums for all teams but you'd have to search for that yourself.

Have you opened the files and copied just the folders over?

I'm not so sure, the only reason i made the UK pack was so the backgrounds would also show on matchdays. But after realising just how time consuming the stadium/matchday side of things now are i very much doubt i'll be doing it again im afreid.

Indeed it is!

Yes, I've downloaded the Portuguese League pack. I'm not sure where the put the files: inside graphics folder ? backgrounds ? inside a folder that's inside the skin I'm using ?

Hey VP., simply love your photos/backgrounds. Really pro pictures there!

Could you please tell me if your backgrounds will work with "Alavanja 14 Pervection" Skin. It's the skin im using.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks a lot

Thanks mate, i have to honest and say that i've not tried any other skin than Steklo X4 and thats the one i prefer to use due to the transparency setting in it. But these will work with any skin that allows the backgrounds to show, hopefully someone else can answer your question for you :thup:

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\backgrounds :thup:

So, the problem is that with this skin the only backgrounds working are the ones at the folder backgrounds inside the folder graphics that is inside the skin. I have another folder backgrounds located at C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\ and it has lots of files.

So, the problem is that with this skin the only backgrounds working are the ones at the folder backgrounds inside the folder graphics that is inside the skin. I have another folder backgrounds located at C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\ and it has lots of files.

All downloaded graphics should go into C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics, then when playing the game go to Preferences>Interface and click 'clear cache' and then 'reload skin'.

you beast! will you be doing any of the other countries which need data updates like faroes or latvia?

Possibly, but the problem with the smaller leagues is that it can be very hard finding decent pics, i don't mind a couple but would rather not bother if all the backgrounds will be poor quality. I tried to do the South African league but got stuck on the first team African Warriors, as there was just nothing available :(

Archived