What's the most unique league to play?

for some LLM'ing, try turkish second division (tier 3). most enjoyable promotion is there.

in the beginning, there are 5 groups of 12 teams. everybody plays twice in the first half of the season (22 games). then, the top 2 teams of each group form a "playoff group" for the second half of the season. those 10 teams start from 0 points, and play with each other twice (18 games). Meanwhile the remaining 50 teams in 5 groups play with each other (in the same group of course) again (18 games) but the points they got in the first half carries on (they do not start from 0 points again).

When the league is finished (40 games for every team), top 2 teams of the playoff group get promoted. 3rd, 4th and 5th teams of the playoff group plus the winner of the each 5 groups (8 teams total) go to playoffs (knockout stage) on neutral ground for the last promotion place. one game, if draw extra time, if draw penalties.

The bottom 2 teams of each normal group (10 teams) get relegated.

the excitement never ends :D

I like the sound of this. I think I looked at the Turkish leagues once, and you cannot have ANY foreign players on your team?? Or am I mistaken?

i like the welsh premier league.

little money, poor reputation but easy to qualify for europe and then you get down to a real challenge.

i beat leverkusen 3-1 with my lowly port talbot team. finished 3rd in the group before getting signed as manager for arsenal.

I had an excellant career game in Mexico, it has an opening and closing stage, I think 17 games each 'season' and 2 league champions, and a playoff at the end of each season, along with average points deciding relegation.

There is money to spend as Mexico is fairly affluent, with some big clubs and good players and there is the bonus of compteting in all the South and North American continental competitions, such as the Libatadores.

I've got Mexico running in my current career game in 2033, and will be moving over there to manage in the enxt couple of seasons. Great fun!

Brazil

We have both state and national leagues and a national cup.

Brazilian teams aren't as rich a Euro ones and the foreign players limit on the pitch is 3, so you have to develop players if you want to succeed.

Yeah, Its good to sign free transfers, cause Fluminense board have only given me 400k to spend.

But im in the Rio State final so im doing well.

Premier League is the best league, how can you people play in any other league?

Best league for what? Money grabbing morons who don't even like football or bigger morons who want to play football under the sea or in antartica?

Best league for what? Money grabbing morons who don't even like football or bigger morons who want to play football under the sea or in antartica?

Hey! That's harsh! I enjoy playing in the Premier League! I may be money-grabbing and a moron but... oh.

The football league is where the real football is played!

Real football? A bunch of oafs hoofing the ball about and kicking lumps from each other? It may be more honest, but it sure ain't real football.

Real football is playing for the love of the game, no matter how talented, or talentless, you are. Not playing for money. And at least there are very few diving fairies, like Ronaldo, down here:D

Hear Hear! Finally a true fan of football.

Argentina's league is pretty fun, you play for half a season, a champion is announced, then it's reset and you play another half season. Pretty much 2 seasons in 1. I can't remember as it was a while ago but I'm guessing the winners play each other for something.

The State and the National Leagues are different pyramids. So, in real life you can be in the state league's 2nd division and at the national league first division, as one league does not affect your status in the other league.

Each state has its own league with lower levels too (which aren't in FM). The best teams from each state qualify for the next year's Brazilian Cup.

The National League is played by the best teams from the whole country. The 4 best teams from the national league qualify for Copa Libertadores along with the Brazilian Cup winners.

The national league is more prized, but the state leagues are very important in some states, as their teams aren't good enough to reach the top levels of the national pyramid. Also, the state leagues are very traditional as they started to be played long ago (ex: The São Paulo State League started in 1902, the Rio de Janeiro one in 1906, etc...) while th National League started in 1971.

Excellent info; thanks! I think I shall be adventuring in South America in my next game...

Argentina's league is pretty fun, you play for half a season, a champion is announced, then it's reset and you play another half season. Pretty much 2 seasons in 1. I can't remember as it was a while ago but I'm guessing the winners play each other for something.

In Argentina they don't play against each other but they do so in Uruguay.

I did manage Olimpo in Argentina at one time for about four seasons. Fun game, but it's really hard to be able to compete with the big teams in short/mid term.

Now, thanks to PMLF, I HAVE to start a game in Brazil :) There goes my Scandinavian career. [/sigh]

I'm currently managing Paraisio in Brazil. Started as a newly promoted team in Division 3 and just managed to get them promoted into Div 2 after 2 seasons. The 3rd Division is ridiculous with its 4 stages but good fun! Though i dont really understand the other tournament...i've won it the past 2 seasons and my prize...a place in the brazilian cup...whooooop!!!

Geez.. I didn't want to be taken so seriously on this. I often go and watch my local non-league team (Southport) and I wouldn't keep going back if I didn't enjoy it.

As for FM, I genuinely do like playing in the Premier League. But one of my favourite games I've ever had will be on from FM05 or 06 (I forget which) in which I managed Morecambe in the Conference (as it was back then). I couldn't get them out of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

On FM 2006 I played with Icelandic team

Competition in Iceland starts in january or february.

First competition, before any other is Icelandic league cup...several games...few in group, then 1/4 final, semi-finals and finals.

Then came Icelandic league. The reason why I choose Iceland club is cause there are 8 (or 10, but I think it's 8) teams in league, playing 2 times each other. So...16 games...every game very important.

During the league I played cup, but can't remember format.

I won triple...cause I resigned best players with full-time contracts, cause players are half-professional.

Then came real challenge...CL qualifications...

Even I was outsider from 1st round...I managed to progress to final, 3rd round where I have to face Liverpool. They destroyed me on first leg at home (3:0 I think), but I managed to play 1:1 on Enfield...

...it was very enjoyable experiment.

Had a time in Brazil myself. A verrrry different experience.

Little transfer budget, chairman who are more inclined to sell off a player if a good offer comes in, league splits and so many competitions. And you play an insane amount of games.

Essentially you have to take care of your squad and be ready to cover for players that may get sold to balance the books.

One tip, look for aging south american stars from the Japanese and arab leagues. You can get them cheap or free.

Oh and another one, tie up your young starlets so that you get the bigger bids from clubs.

A good league, but a mad ride like a roller coaster!

Archived