New Career Game After January Patch

@Ben Kenny: As I have stated many, many times, I have carried out literally dozens of tests spanning decades of game time and not once been offered a job. You either have an incredibly lucky save or you have happened upon a particular configuration that allows you to get a job. I am literally unable to find a job - even secure an interview - if I start without a club. There are dozens and dozens of people that I know of who have reported similar problems. This is a bug that absolutely needs to be resolved ASAP.

ME issues I can accept; this I can't.

I joined this forum just because of this bug. That says a lot about the quality product SI delivers as I've been playing iterations this game for 100s of hours a year since 2010. That said, I literally can't get a job starting the game as a Sunday Leaguer and I barely got one on Automatic since 14.2.0 update. From the outside looking in I find it hard to imagine this escaping qa, but it did. Oh well. No need to cry over spilled milk, but the game is very broken for a growing number of users, myself included. I'm sure y'all are getting plenty of saves and that you will continue to. I'm just contributing my voice to the growing choir of disappointed users.

#firstworldproblems

From the outside looking in I find it hard to imagine this escaping qa, but it did.

My feelings exactly.

It is incredibly frustrating as the match engine is actually very good. Apart from the odd little thing I'm very happy with how football games play out, and I could see myself getting right into a save once this career-crusher has been fixed.

• SI Staff
@Ben Kenny: As I have stated many, many times, I have carried out literally dozens of tests spanning decades of game time and not once been offered a job. You either have an incredibly lucky save or you have happened upon a particular configuration that allows you to get a job. I am literally unable to find a job - even secure an interview - if I start without a club. There are dozens and dozens of people that I know of who have reported similar problems. This is a bug that absolutely needs to be resolved ASAP.

ME issues I can accept; this I can't.

Yes I have seen your posts and would be very interested to look at your saves. Would you mind uploading a save to the FTP?

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

From the outside looking in I find it hard to imagine this escaping qa

This was working fine before, there would probably have been little reason to test that aspect of the game with all the other stuff needing fixed. I imagine few of the testers would have started a new game unemployed, instead picking a team manually to get the save started quicker to test everything else.

Also, bear in mind that it was a number of days after the update before anyone here noticed it either, and that's with thousands playing.

It's an annoying bug, gamebreaking for some who play the game a certain way, but I can understand how it was missed.

Also, bear in mind that it was a number of days after the update before anyone here noticed it either, and that's with thousands playing.

Not really. I noticed it on the day after patch release and on the same day opened the thread on bugs area.

And i am pretty sure that many people noticed it even sooner.

The reason i didn't report it immediately was that i of course wanted to do some testing, to make sure that it wasn't my own mistake somehow.

I take it you have tried activating it in the editor then?

Of course, and while you can it wont go past the first season due to the reconstruction of the Italian Leagues. Funnily enough if you add Serie D but don't activate it the league reconstruction takes place ok. Activate it and it league reconstruction is messed up.

Annoying for me as I always play as a lower league team in Italy (well for as long as the editor has lets us add lower leagues).

How is it rubbish? I found that bug in five minutes.
The SI do not test the game as they should and "If I locked half a dozen people in a room the bug would not have seen light of day" is also rubbish. You do realise each patch is tested before release and fixing one bug can lead to knock on effects or create another bug, its not as easy as fix a bug and release.

I've the same problem with starting unemployed since update 14.2. Yesterday I started a new game as a sunday league footballer (unemployed like always), go on holidays indefinitly and applied to every job. In my profile as in real life I'm from germany and played with several european leagues also the lower leagues of england, scottland and ireland. After two years I stopped playing because I even never had a job interview.

Before 14.2 I didn't have any problems with getting a job.

The SI do not test the game as they should and "If I locked half a dozen people in a room the bug would not have seen light of day" is also rubbish. You do realise each patch is tested before release and fixing one bug can lead to knock on effects or create another bug, its not as easy as fix a bug and release.

Wow I must be an amazing tester then, because I spotted that bug the moment Stockport laughed off my interest. When I then got turned down by Chimney Corner a few minutes later I knew it was a stinker of a bug. Some of the more obscure bugs I would imagine are very hard to spot and probably affect only a small percentage of players...but not this. This is a big fat hairy bug that rears it's head virtually the moment you start the game. It's a very generic, bog standard setup scenario (Sunday League, Unemployed) and absolutely should have been spotted - there is no question about that, and to say otherwise is ludicrous. if you think otherwise, then it is you who are talking rubbish I'm afraid.

I run my own business and have a lot of work to do over the Xmas period anyway, so maybe it is a good thing for me. For many others, however, it will not be a good thing. Not at all.

Just to make a comment on the job issue, I agree with Golden Boot. I think this bug is very very important, and needs a hotfix ASAP!

SI should have discovered this, as we may presume, that they test a game being unemployed, as well as a lot of other things.?

Also I see that you, Ben Kenney, says that you actually found a issue, that could cause the bug, so why don't you give us a date on when this would be fixed.???

I have tried 8 games now. Different leagues and reps. And applied all jobs available, but have not got even one job offer. Deleted the saves i frustration, and started up a Barca game, but that is just boring, because the way I play FM is ALWAYS starting as unemployed.

With this patch my passion playing Fm is actually gone, because it seems SI is taking this issue kinda lightly.

Just because you, Ben Kenney, have a game, where et works okay, well, lucky you.. Try and look in all the different fora on the internet, the talks about this joboffer bug is massive, so IT IS a huge problem, and it needs to be solved out. Untill then, FM14 goes in the drawer....

"Making a mountain of a molehill" springs to mind. My save is also on hold as I'm unemployed and can't get a job. What did I do? Create a new save and started at a randomly picked lower league club. Problem solved until SI release a fix.

I see we're going down the personal attacks route now. In which case: You've got an answer from SI about, who will no doubt look into sort it as soon as possible, but obviously there is no time scale since they, you know, need to fix it first.

Anyone with specific examples should follow up with Post 46.

Also I see that you, Ben Kenney, says that you actually found a issue, that could cause the bug, so why don't you give us a date on when this would be fixed.???

Because its not as simple as we will fix the bug and release in a few hours, days, fixing a bug can throw up other issues plus any fix needs to be tested before release, hence why SI never give release dates on patches.

Archived