This weekends real life Prem Results VS FM 14 results

cfcx

Some of the match stats for my teams on the saves i have had so far (mainly Chelsea save) have been driving me crazy!!! Lots of possesion, shots etc and drawing or losing against so called lesser sides.

So i come on this forum to see if i can't find some advice to get my team to put 3,4,5 goals past these teams as the statistics from the game suggest i should, and of course i find many many more guy's having the same issue's and slating the ME and cursing the abolition of sliders (which i agree with) etc etc.

I give you some of the main stats and result of a recent game i had at home to saints of FM 14

Chelsea:

Shots: 32

On Target: 14

Possession: 64%

Saints:

Shots: 6

On target: 4

Possession: 36%

Final score: Chelsea 2-2 Southampton

And now the main stats from the Chelsea vs WBA game in the Prem yesterday (9/11/2013)

Chelsea:

Shots:16

On Target:7

Possession:68%

WBA:

Shots:10

On target:3

Possession:31%

Final score Chelsea 2- 2 WBA

And there have been many many many more examples like this both on FM and in reality, for instance as i am writing this i have just seen the stats from the Spurs vs Newcastle game

Spurs:

Shots:24

On target:14

Possession:65%

Newcastle:

Shots:7

On target:4

Possession:35%

Final score Spurs 0-1 Newcastle

How many times have you been on the wrong end of a result like the Spurs one in FM and screamed at the screen as you notice your own match statistics confirm your belief you have just dominated your opp and bloody lost AGAIN!! How can this be possible? This ME is awful!! This game is cheating me!!!

The reality of course is none of those, whilst i think everybody knows there are some issues with the engine which will soon be sorted out, its just easier to assume the above excuses are the reason why we struggle. Its unlikely your first instinct to why its happened again is because you are doing something wrong! But you (and i) are! What that is i (and i assume you) are still trying to work out. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME blaming the ME and waiting for a patch for everything to work out for you.

The twelve point guide is where you need to look, and if you already have and still struggling then LOOK AGAIN :).

I know only too well how hard it is to accept the tactic you built thats averaging around 58-62% each game with plenty of shots on goal etc is still failing consistently to get results you expect. Sure you can beat likes of Arsenal, Spurs, City and UTD and thats great, you have a tactic that is great for taking on the big guys around you (im aiming this at people managing top 6 sides i guess) but it is not right against the lesser sides.

If this sounds familiar then i think it would be great to start a discussion not on how do you beat City's narrow 4-2-3-1 (like there was last year) but how in gods name do we turn superior stats in shots on and possession into goals against weaker opp's. Thats what i want to do here, i dont want to come across like im saying the majority of us are crap at this game so just give up! Lets put our heads together and work out the best approaches to counter these kind of results becoming so regular, they will always happen mind, the key is we want to limit them to 1-2 a season which shouldn't effect your top four/title aspirations.

I hope what i have said makes some sense, i will stop now because i am border line rambling!! :)

And as i posted this i looked up to notice the Sunderland vs City game. As it stands its 1-0 to Sunderland yet all the stats point towards City dominating.

If City lose its another example of the point i am trying to make above

As it happens it ended 1-0 and sums up my point :)

Man City had 24 shots on goal, yet lost to a Sunderland side who scored with one of their only two shots on target.

This real life ME is broken. FIX IT!!!!

Lets club together and show Pellegrini, AVB, Jose et al how to overcome these pain in the a**e results 9 times out of 10

Man City had 24 shots on goal, yet lost to a Sunderland side who scored with one of their only two shots on target.

This real life ME is broken. FIX IT!!!!

How many times do you want to write this nonsense?

Nobody has a problem if these things happen from time to time. In FM 14 it happens way too often. This is really not difficult to understand to be honest.

PSG 1-1 Ac Ajaccio (18/8/13)

PSG shots; 35 with 14 on target

AC shots; 1 with 1 on target

It happens quite a bit.

Lol, I knew someone was going to bring up that game, people talk about it as it is such a rare event given the stats for that game, also typing "it happens quite a bit" after the stats for that game is total nonsense, it did make me laugh though.

It may happen every week in a couple of matches but it certainly is not the majority of matches and it certainly does not happen to the same team every week. :D

That's because the managers in real life, despite the proclamations of armchair fans, actually know what they're doing and actively combat it.

Incidentally, in one season (a good few years back now) Arsenal dominated 18 matches and drew or lost. That's an entire half season of it for just one team.

i was 99 % sure that someone will come up with this weekends epl results to justify the ME, this EPL season is special from this point of view, but its a rarity, usually the team who dominates the game from start to finish will win it eventually

Lol, I knew someone was going to bring up that game, people talk about it as it is such a rare event given the stats for that game, also typing "it happens quite a bit" after the stats for that game is total nonsense, it did make me laugh though.

Seriously, go look up the stats yourself. It's much, much more frequent than people think.

The reason it keeps happening in-game to the extent it does is because the human managers are too stubborn to look into the causes of it.

i was 99 % sure that someone will come up with this weekends epl results to justify the ME, this EPL season is special from this point of view, but its a rarity, usually the team who dominates the game from start to finish will win it eventually

No it's not and no they don't.

Again, go do some research on it.

Thread is now being closed.

If any of you would like help to combat this situation, the tactics forum is there for you - but a warning, you actually have to be willing to listen their advice. Going in there and dismissing everything they say will not be accepted.

Archived