Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a go at this in Hungary and can confirm the reset date on FM14 is 20th June.

I'm having problems creating a screenshot. It doesn't seem to recognise the PrtSc command on FM, just takes a screenshot of whatever is behind it. Anyone else had this and solved it?

Alright, hopefully I have it.

I've taken on the rather difficult task of Monori SE

The team has just turned semi professional after moving into a professional league. All the existing players are still on amateur contracts. Basically a free set of backup players.

The good news is the only person collecting a wage at the club is........ ME!!!!!!

No staff either. This is pretty much a blank canvass to start with.

Unbelievably they are actually predicted to finish 15th out of 16 teams. Ahead of an existing professional team.

It will be a miracle if the challenge lasts more than one season at this club.

Quick Update;

End of Season Report - 2017: Årdal FK

Season Summary: I wasn't able to sign any top strikers again, due to very few players being interested in joining us, I signed 1 37 year old, but he only stayed for a few months. I introduced a few of our youth players into the first team and it seemed to work well. 19 Year old Hans Anders Pedersen had struggled to fit in last season when I kept playing him as a winger... I stuck him up front and he starting banging them in. His stats made him look more of a winger than a striker, but his pace and determination proved enough to make him a competent goal scorer at this level.

We were finally not involved in a relegation scrap and were now in mid/top table positions all season. Never looked like title challengers, but not too far away now.

Major issue now is that 4 of my best players from this season: Pedersen, Solheim (GK), Starndas (AMC) and Uaeland (DC) will not sign new contracts, not even negotiating them I have opened a thread in the Bugs forum and will be waiting on this before continuing for now...

Final Position: 6th

Aims for next season: Top half, retain key players and better defence.

League Table

Best XI - To come

Positions

Career So far...

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014      Norwegian 2nd Division   10th        
2015	  Norwegian 2nd Division   10th
2016      Norwegian 2nd Division   9th
2017      Norwegian 2nd Division   6th

I've always wanted to give this challenge a real go but I always end up getting sacked half way through the first season before I even post in the thread :D Going to properly try and stick with it this time though and have started in Slovakia with Moldava (or FK Bodva Moldava nad Bodvou as I'm sure they're known in Slovakia).

Andrew Haines Comfortably stayed up there hopefully you can push on next year.

Anti Spiral Well done surviving again considering you lost 2 of your best players, hopefully you can replace them properly and push a bit higher this year.

brettney1980 Cheers mate, it's obvious we will compare a little being at the same club :D I found finances meant I couldn't get a few players I wanted in the summer and had to let Cordero go to fund a few signings but for £1.8M I feel I got a good deal out of it, especially as he won't be going to China until January so I get a few months of him and his replacement (coming in January) is probably a little better

Well, I ended up with a bit of a nightmare situation. In November quite a few players were leaving on free transfers, I had arranged new players to replace them, mainly free transfers from other clubs. My players left massively reducing my wage bill, the new players were not due to arrive till January. In the mean time my board reduced my wage budget for the new season to match the current level which was half the previous level, the new signing came in taking me massively over this budget! All my best players are out of contract at the end of the season, the majority wanted to sign new contracts but because I was over my budget the board would not allow me to offer them contracts.

Because of this and a bit of dissatisfaction with my tactics I spent most of today tinkering around to get a tactic I'm happy with and now I'm going to start over.

Same club, FC Jazz, as a lot of people noted, very cool name, this can mean a lot :)

I've noted that since 14.1.3 there are some issues with the tactical engine with regards to marking (pretty well documented in the tactics forum) so I reckon the next patch will have some fairly major changes to the tactics which might de-rail this game for me, but we shall see. Maybe also some rebalancing with the players interested in small clubs which could mean serious impact on this challenge.

brettney1980 Cheers mate, it's obvious we will compare a little being at the same club :D I found finances meant I couldn't get a few players I wanted in the summer and had to let Cordero go to fund a few signings but for £1.8M I feel I got a good deal out of it, especially as he won't be going to China until January so I get a few months of him and his replacement (coming in January) is probably a little better

You got a much better deal than me then, i only got £775k for him :(

Good luck in Hungary Fastbasher. I look forward to hearing how well you do with those 'Seniors' ... :).

Cheers. Most of them have been at the club a long time. There was a testimonial for one of them saying '.. he spent his whole career at Monor (13 season) and made 3 appearances...'

Not sure that guy deserves a testimonial.

Cheers. Most of them have been at the club a long time. There was a testimonial for one of them saying '.. he spent his whole career at Monor (13 season) and made 3 appearances...'

Not sure that guy deserves a testimonial.

The best that can be said is he was patient...

So, three days on the job and I get information that we were going through a takeover. After a two day transfer embargo the takeover collapsed. Time to hit the job centre. Managed to hire 8 staff with various degrees of competency and set about scouring the amateur leagues for anyone that wasn't hungover and wanted to play football.

Managed to find =33053058&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]15 able bodies that were up to the challenge, while four of my amatuers got knicked by other clubs. I'd even offered one of them a contract to stay.

I even signed a 39yr old, which at the time may have even lowered to average age of my 1st eleven.

So, we now have a massive 41 players, but only 13 are actually being paid a wage. The rest are useful as cheap backup.

=33053058&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1"]Pre season got off to a predictable rough start. But after the team started to gel, things picked up. We finished preseason with 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. Although that doesn't really mean much.

The highlight was a 4-1 thumping of Karcag. The team I completed this challenge with on FM07.

So, we look to be on good form heading into the season proper, with an opening fixture of a cup game against a team even worse than us.

And I just have to play that 48yr old. How long will that club record stand?

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivscyna - Season review - 2014/15 - Ukrainan 1. division

League: 9th (Positions)

To start in Ukraine gives you an advantage quality wise because the club is professional. But still, the competition is fierce. And there was no staff at all employed at the club. So the goal for the first season was survival and to be familiar with Ukrainan football.

It went much better than expected. We were mid-table most of the season, and after the winter break we went ten games in a row undefeated, and that brought us within three points from promotion. But we didn't manage to hold on to the good form, and slipped to ninth eventually. But all in all, I am happy with this as a first season. I think in a couple of seasons we should be able to go up.

Best player: Danny Koevermans. This is the sort of players you can get in Ukraine. He has played for both PSV and AZ, and we signed him after the winter break. Scored some great goals, and the team improved when he came. Old but still good.

Top scorer: Denys Katryuk. Had to play second fiddle after Koevermans came, but a good striker and chipped in with ten goals.

Youth prospect: Dmytro Batalsky. The best prospect after our first youth intake.

Economy:Very bad. Were are the furniture company when you need them?

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 1515 (n/a)

Next season: Build on this season and hopefully fight in the top end of the table.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk (10) 

wke_emmen.jpg

I thought I would give this challenge a go as I haven't attempted it in a good few years, mainly due to trying the Big Euro Challenge, but having already failed in my first effort on this year's FM I decided that I wanted a change of available leagues.

WKE stands for Woonwagonkamp Emmen or Emmen Trailer Park in English and as the name suggests the club were formed by residents of the local trailer park. Apparently most players that play for WKE have some sort of previous history with FC Emmen but that hasn't helped the club achieve anything of note.

The club have average training and youth facilities as well as a 2500 capacity stadium.

Manager Overview

Manager Information

Club Overview

Club Information

Squad

Good luck Flashman. Nice little backstory too.

Nice form Taunton. That little winning streak will happen again at some point, but without the fall afterwards. Looks like a good player you signed there. Was it your intention to look for players from your own country?

Nice form Taunton. That little winning streak will happen again at some point, but without the fall afterwards. Looks like a good player you signed there. Was it your intention to look for players from your own country?

No intention of looking for any particular players. I am not dutch, though, but an agent offered Koevermans and I offer him a trial. He accepted, and then he looked good and I signed him. I got lots of offers for players from around Europe. There is lots of strict registration rules in Ukraine though, so you have to be very careful about who you sign.

Nice to see the thread picking up some pace.

I haven't been able to play much lately, and frankly, I got a bit fed up when I played this saturday due to my inability to get the fullbacks play like I wanted them to. As a result our team conceded a couple of really silly goals that cost us vital points in the beginning of the second season. Will try to find a cure to that desease and hopefully get the joy back soon.

Playing > Doing write ups.

End of Season Report - 2018:

Årdal FK

150px-%C3%85rdalFK.jpg

Season Summary: With 3 of my best players leaving the club I wasn't too optimistic of improving our 6th place finish from last time. I was still finding it difficult to sign good players at this level due to our clubs reputation still being so low. maybe I needed a cup run to help, but the cup is something I don't wish to prioritise at this point.

I signed a goalkeeper as soon as I could and gave his as long a contract as I was allowed, it's been frustrating losing my keepers to the same problem twice, so I needed to keep him around. I decided not to sign any experienced players and bought a couple of pacey youngsters, as this had helped me last season.

Pre-season went very well and we remained unbeaten. The season started fantastically and we won our first 5 matches and never looked back. We were always in the top few places and even after a minor blip when both keepers were out for 4 weeks we only fell 5 points behind the league leaders.

A strong finish lifted us up into 1st before the final game of the season. A home game against a team with nothing to play for, surely we could finish the job!

As this was such an important game I spent quite a while preparing the team, making sure everyone was motivated and how I should approach the game. But at half-time we were 0-1 down and not looking good! Our biggest crowd in history surely wouldn't settle for defeat. We came back strong and one of my youngsters netted a second half hat-trick and it history had been made, we were champions and promoted. :cool:

I hadn't expected promotion this season, we had improved on or equaled our position every season, but I was preparing for a couple more seasons at this level. It's now going to be quite a fight to stay in the First Division, but I'm up for the challenge.

Again I'm losing some of my better players on free transfers, Melbye, who is the only player from the original squad left refuses to sign a new deal (maybe once the league is reset this will change) and a few others also refuse to discuss. Annoyingly, Pedersen, my star player from last season has been unattached all season and still won't negotiate a contract with us. I was hoping he would after being unattached for so long...

Finances are not great, so it will be interesting to see what my wage budget is for the season.

Key Player: For the 3rd season running I managed to get a player to bang in the goals, this time it was Halonen who has been at the club for a little while, but has usually been the second striker. He will be here next season.

Final Position: 1st

Aims for next season: Survival, bring in some players hopefully!!!

League Table

Best XI - To come

Positions

Career So far...

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014      Norwegian 2nd Division   10th        
2015	  Norwegian 2nd Division   10th
2016      Norwegian 2nd Division   9th
2017      Norwegian 2nd Division   6th
2018      Norwegian 2nd Division   1st         Promotion!

Congrats, Anti Spiral. Well done to get out of that tough group. The norwegian first division isn't that good, so I think you have a good chance in staying up.

Gotlandskommun: That was close. Hope you will nail promotion next season. You get to keep your top scorer?

Wow, I have about 20 old boys retiring at the end of the season. Surprisingly, not the now 49yr old winger.

One amusing article about the guy that had the testimonial after 3 games in 13yrs is that he said he wants to wind down career and only play semi professionally. Funny really, as he is currently on an amateur contract and there is no sign that he ever played professionally. Just got splinters from sitting on the bench for 13yrs.

Wow, I have about 20 old boys retiring at the end of the season. Surprisingly, not the now 49yr old winger.

One amusing article about the guy that had the testimonial after 3 games in 13yrs is that he said he wants to wind down career and only play semi professionally. Funny really, as he is currently on an amateur contract and there is no sign that he ever played professionally. Just got splinters from sitting on the bench for 13yrs.

Haha. I like the sound of this guy, i think he should be given some meaningless position on your staff when he finally hangs up his cushion ...

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Update: November 2014

So, the end of the first half of my debut season, as Austria's long winter break begins. Necessitated somewhat, admittedly, by the fact that in most parts of Austria you won't see grass on the ground from the start of December until the end of February because of the snow. That's no consolation for someone who's finally getting his team to perform though.

An unbeaten month for us at FAC, albeit with 3 draws and only the single win. What we did succeed in was pulling further away from the automatic relegation place occupied by our hapless rivals SV Horn. A 6 point gap to the playout place could result in things getting a little twitchy as we move into the spring season, but that being said, we are in fact only 9 points away from the promotion spot. Couldn't be any more mid-table if we tried, I think. A few less draws and a few more wins would be nice though.

TSV Hartberg 0-0 FAC

FAC 2-1 SV Horn

Klemen (6, 32) - Gerner (75)

FAC 1-1 SV Mattersburg

Maritschnegg (25) - Correa (82 pen)

FAC 0-0 FC Admira

League Table

No games until the end of February now, so the next update will only be a transfers one, of which I can't see a massive amount. So it might be a March update, really. We face 7 games between now and the end of March, so the division will likely be starting to take shape before the final 10 games, the future for FAC will be looking clearer then.

Haha. I like the sound of this guy, i think he should be given some meaningless position on your staff when he finally hangs up his cushion ...

Under 21s assistant orange cutters, knife sharpener perhaps.

Competitions

The League

We started off with four straight losses. Then I signed a goalkeeper. Amazing what a difference someone between the sticks makes. Went on a rampaging run to reach 4th place at one point. After a rough patch we eventually settled for a very creditable 6th place and only 7 points off promotion.

Had a good run in the Hungarian Cup, reaching the round of 16, beating top division Honvéd and drawing the first leg 1-1 against one of Hungary's top teams, Újpest.

The league cup brought another good performance. 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses, finishing 3rd in the group and only missing the knockout rounds on tie break.

Players

Zoltán Kajli. Well past his best, but a club legend and has the record of oldest player at 49yrs, 237 days.

Hungarian International. Ok, clutching at straws on that one, but I'll take what I can get.

Bamba Fousseni. The only amatuer player from when I took over to keep a regular first team place.

Top Youth Prospect. Can't remember his real name. Coaching staff are raving about him though. They think he has the potential to play in the top division.

Finances

Was getting a bit worried about these. All the players and staff I signed had clause that they would get a bonus for not getting relegated. This lead to concerns that achieving safety may actually bankrupt the club. Thankfully 53k of sponsorship money came in at the right time.

The club eventually did go through the takeover. In January. January is usually the month my teams collapse. Hungary is tailor made for me in this regard. They have a winter break from December to February ;)

Next season, with a bit of stability and a few more key signings promotion definitely seems like a realistic goal. At least it was until I just jinxed it.

A wonderful season of us. We were never close to losing our first place .. But now the work starts before the division one! So the hope is to stay in Division 1 next season! we are in need to find one defensive central midfelder for the starting lineup and some backups. Here are some screens from the season.http://feedr.se/upload/2-Swedish_Second_Division_South_Svealand__Overview_Stages.png

A wonderful season of us. We were never close to losing our first place .. But now the work starts before the division one! So the hope is to stay in Division 1 next season! we are in need to find one defensive central midfelder for the starting lineup and some backups. Here are some screens from the season.http://feedr.se/upload/2-Swedish_Second_Division_South_Svealand__Overview_Stages.png

Nice one. Totally destroyed the field. A long offseason ahead I guess.

Great to finally see Kajli Fastbasher, the guy is clearly a star, also after the guy who invented the rubix cube Kajli is my 2nd favorite Hungarian... Nice first season.

In real life, according to http://www.focikatalogus.hu/kajli-zoltan-golok, his last goal came on May 13 2012 in a 0-2 loss to Máko. Yes, it was an own goal.

Archived