Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

Currently £5.5m in the red, projected to go £12.34m. The board have just put my Wage Budget down another 26k (this is the 2nd time in 6 months) which now means i have to try and reduce the Wages by 39.8k, i am currently trying to offload our best Greek player just because he has teams interested and i may be able to get £3m for him. I am into November 2017 (my 4th Season at the Club and 3rd in the top flight, 10th, 6th and this season predicted 5th and would hate to disappoint).

Ouch! How come the massive decline?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The League

Started off well. Was even getting my hopes up of chances of qualifying for Europe during the first third of the season.

We then hit a rough patch and were pretty inconsistent for the rest of the season.

Eventually finished in 12th place. Two places and four points higher than last season, but it was very frustrating progress.

Every manager in the league has been complaining about the state of our pitch.

The Cups

Finally made a run in a cup. Finished 2nd in our group of the League Cup, making the quarter finals before getting narrowly defeated (1-1 away, 0-1 at home) to Hungarian giants, Újpest.

The Players

Have been keeping an eye on Denys Bulakh since I first saw him. Tried to sign him a couple of times in the past, unsuccessfully. It seems our club has now reached a level to meet his ambitions and we’re pleased to finally sign him up as the clubs highest earner.

Suryanto Lesmana is another gem that an agent offered me. We took him on trial, he looked the business, so signed him up permanently.

Being an Indonesian International does sometimes cause issues as he is constantly off travelling for Under 21s, Asian and WC qualifiers and even part of the Indonesian Olympic squad. But when he’s with the team, he joins Bulakh in tearing the left flank to bits.

Finances and infrastructure

Sponsorship increased to around 500k per season in total. Board have agreed to improve training and youth facilities and relay the pitch.

We've been given 65k as a transfer budget, with wage budget increased to 13k per week.

All looking good for the future.

Season    League        Position    Hungarian Cup    League Cup        Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Division II     6th       5th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2015/16	  Division II    12th       3rd round     4th in group stage    N/A
2016/17   Division II     6th       4th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2017/18   Division II     1st       5th round     4th in group stage    N/A
2018/19   Division I     14th       4th round     4th in group stage    N/A
2019/20   Division I     12th       5th round     Quarterfinals         N/A 

Ouch! How come the massive decline?

I am not great at understanding the Finances, we are losing money monthly is all i know. I just try to keep Budgets within what they are set at and leave the rest to the Chairman, i'm a footballing man not a bean counter...

Nice bit of progress Fastbasher, shame your good start didn't last. Looks a big gap in class to the top 6.

Here is some Finances pics... Anything wrong!?

Ouch, that's some serious projections.

Well, wages looks the only area you can really save much. But if you do that then you probably can't get the players you need to progress. Catch 22.

Guess you need a good run in a cup, some prize money, or a takeover to bail you out.

Nice bit of progress Fastbasher, shame your good start didn't last. Looks a big gap in class to the top 6.

Yeah, there is a bit of a mini league going on up there. Those teams also end up with all the talent coming into the league. The players sign one or two season contracts then if they're any good, they move to one of the top 6.

I pretty much expect a loss against them and if I get anything it's a bonus.

Currently £5.5m in the red, projected to go £12.34m. The board have just put my Wage Budget down another 26k (this is the 2nd time in 6 months) which now means i have to try and reduce the Wages by 39.8k, i am currently trying to offload our best Greek player just because he has teams interested and i may be able to get £3m for him. I am into November 2017 (my 4th Season at the Club and 3rd in the top flight, 10th, 6th and this season predicted 5th and would hate to disappoint).

It's difficult with the financial side of things hampering you. I always feel obliged in trying to assist, whether it be spending less of my budget or offloading players for a fee. Suppose ultimately you're the manager of the football club, not the finance manager nor the chairman.

Steady progression so far then. What are their training and youth facilities like?

The League

Started off well. Was even getting my hopes up of chances of qualifying for Europe during the first third of the season.

We then hit a rough patch and were pretty inconsistent for the rest of the season.

Eventually finished in 12th place. Two places and four points higher than last season, but it was very frustrating progress.

Every manager in the league has been complaining about the state of our pitch.

The Cups

Finally made a run in a cup. Finished 2nd in our group of the League Cup, making the quarter finals before getting narrowly defeated (1-1 away, 0-1 at home) to Hungarian giants, Újpest.

The Players

Have been keeping an eye on Denys Bulakh since I first saw him. Tried to sign him a couple of times in the past, unsuccessfully. It seems our club has now reached a level to meet his ambitions and we’re pleased to finally sign him up as the clubs highest earner.

Suryanto Lesmana is another gem that an agent offered me. We took him on trial, he looked the business, so signed him up permanently.

Being an Indonesian International does sometimes cause issues as he is constantly off travelling for Under 21s, Asian and WC qualifiers and even part of the Indonesian Olympic squad. But when he’s with the team, he joins Bulakh in tearing the left flank to bits.

Finances and infrastructure

Sponsorship increased to around 500k per season in total. Board have agreed to improve training and youth facilities and relay the pitch.

We've been given 65k as a transfer budget, with wage budget increased to 13k per week.

All looking good for the future.

Season    League        Position    Hungarian Cup    League Cup        Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Division II     6th       5th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2015/16	  Division II    12th       3rd round     4th in group stage    N/A
2016/17   Division II     6th       4th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2017/18   Division II     1st       5th round     4th in group stage    N/A
2018/19   Division I     14th       4th round     4th in group stage    N/A
2019/20   Division I     12th       5th round     Quarterfinals         N/A 

A shame about the dip in form/inconsistency, although it is another season of progression in the league and the cups. Those 2 players look quality and should form a formidable partnership on the left. I presume you play with a LB and a LM/LW.

What standard will your facilities be at once completed?

Ouch, that's some serious projections.

Well, wages looks the only area you can really save much. But if you do that then you probably can't get the players you need to progress. Catch 22.

Guess you need a good run in a cup, some prize money, or a takeover to bail you out.

I try to stay enough under my Budget to give me room to bring in a player or two in January as well as for contract extensions.. But every Season so far at the club the Board gives me a Budget i stay a grand or so below it, then they drop the Budget mid season, not by small amounts either this Season we have had a budget drop of 26K as well as the Budget drop right at the start of the season that saw me drop into the Red in the first place (i think that was for maybe 10k!? I'd gone slightly into the Red on my Budget because a player i thought was leaving changed his mind last minute costing us 14k wages), hence the 39k overspend.

It's difficult with the financial side of things hampering you. I always feel obliged in trying to assist, whether it be spending less of my budget or offloading players for a fee. Suppose ultimately you're the manager of the football club, not the finance manager nor the chairman.

Steady progression so far then. What are their training and youth facilities like?

First Post with Facilities Info.

A shame about the dip in form/inconsistency, although it is another season of progression in the league and the cups. Those 2 players look quality and should form a formidable partnership on the left. I presume you play with a LB and a LM/LW.

What standard will your facilities be at once completed?

Facilities are currently all basic, poor or minimum. I'm quite sure ours are the worst in the division. Not sure what they will be when finished, but not getting my hopes up for much.

Lesmana is being used at Left Back, Bulakh as an AM L. Lesmana used to play AM L before Bulakh came in and still gets moved there if something happens to Bulakh.

Our own youth product, Jószef Lázár, is now playing in the Hungarian under 19s team.

We have a problem that the Hungarian League doesn't stop for these internationals and several of my talented young players are now in International age group teams. Leaves us a bit short at times.

Facilities are currently all basic, poor or minimum. I'm quite sure ours are the worst in the division. Not sure what they will be when finished, but not getting my hopes up for much.

Lesmana is being used at Left Back, Bulakh as an AM L. Lesmana used to play AM L before Bulakh came in and still gets moved there if something happens to Bulakh.

Our own youth product, Jószef Lázár, is now playing in the Hungarian under 19s team.

We have a problem that the Hungarian League doesn't stop for these internationals and several of my talented young players are now in International age group teams. Leaves us a bit short at times.

Yes I'm sure it does. You'd imagine that the top tier of the country would have a break for that reason.

Well, kids in bed and now it's time for some hardcore FM'ing

Question; are updates only required once the players season has ended? Are mid season updates required/recommended/liked?

Entirely up to you.

End of season reviews are normal. Any other updates are optional. I usually only do it if I have something I feel worth sharing. A great January signing, youth player coming through the ranks, making the later stages of a cup, etc.

Great Stuff.

I just signed a 35yr old ex Everton striker, Nikica Jelovic as a player/scout.

He's getting on a bit, but he took the role on for only 400 quid per week. I guess my Croatian scouting just got a boost too.

Entirely up to you.

End of season reviews are normal. Any other updates are optional. I usually only do it if I have something I feel worth sharing. A great January signing, youth player coming through the ranks, making the later stages of a cup, etc.

Ok sound. I'll keep it to end of season updates. Just approaching the end of preseason now. Squad sorted-ish. Let's see how the first season goes

nmd9.png

Going to give this a try with ROC Charleroi in Belgium, mainly because they are professional so no contract based ****ery, and also because the dog looks cool.

Manager Profile

Squad

Club

Ideally I am looking to build a team of African and Asian youngsters, In the past I have always played in the English leagues, so these players have been largely out of reach.

nmd9.png

Going to give this a try with ROC Charleroi in Belgium, mainly because they are professional so no contract based ****ery, and also because the dog looks cool.

Manager Profile

Squad

Club

Ideally I am looking to build a team of African and Asian youngsters, In the past I have always played in the English leagues, so these players have been largely out of reach.

Best of luck Mingus. I had a good adventure in Belgium last year. Are you familiar with how the lower leagues work?

5cn7TRF.png

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - Icelandic 1st Division

Unknown Icelandic manager-wannabe Krummi Samuelsson has taken over freshly promoted HK in the Icelandic 1st Division, hoping to return the club back to the glory days of 2007 when it was playing in the Icelandic Premier League.

Overview | Information | 1st Team

I figure that no-one is venturing into Iceland, possibly because of the long words, odd playing schedule and crazy names, so I will bravely go where no man has gone before. I think it'll be an achievement for me to make it back to the Premier League, let alone qualify (or even win) the champions league. This'll be a bit of torturous fun for me alongside my Dafuge challenge attempt. I should point out that the start date in FM14 for Iceland is early January 2013, and the first reset is in November 2013, which is why my start date is still in 2013. Also setting my reputation to 'Sunday League Footballer' still gives me a regional reputation... that tells you something about Iceland.

The name of the club translates to 'Handball Club of Kópavogur', and Kópavogur is a suburb of Reykjavík, the capital city of Iceland. They share their stadium Kópavogsvöllur with Premier League outfit Breiðablik. Kópavogur is locally famous for its mall Smáralind which looks like a giant penis. The name of the town translates to 'seal pup bay', the population of Kópavogur is around 30,000, the town logo is a seal pup laying in front of a church, and the town motto is að er gott að búa í Kópavogi translating to it is good to live in Kópavogur. I haven't lived there, but it is one of the nicer suburbs, so I believe their motto.

Wish me luck!

Hi Foot. Intereste to see how you're getting on? I am also managing the same team. Approaching the end of preseason after putting together quite a decent squad.

Best of luck

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Update: April 2015

Well, that was a busy month. Couldn't have gone much better either, with only 2 defeats in the 8 games we played putting us firmly in mid table, with no real shot of promotion or relegation to bother ourselves about in the 4 games remaining. All a matter of beginning to prepare for next season now, where hopefully we will be able to improve the squad enough to be able to challenge closer to the top. The defence seems to have been sorted out, conceding 8 in 8, which is a manageable amount to work with, considering the attacking talent at my disposal.

SV Mattersburg 0-1 FAC

Klemen (15)

FC Admira 0-1 FAC

Maritschnegg (14)

Kapfenberger SV 1919 2-0 FAC

Casanova (39) OG (68)

FAC 0-1 TSV Hartberg

Bajrami (61)

SV Horn 2-3 FAC

Dilic (14, 48) - Klemen (29) Hieblinger (37) Dogan (70)

FAC 1-1 FC Liefering

Grubeck (43) - Fröschl (38)

FAC 2-1 SKN St. Pölten

Aschauer (60, 64) - Salkic (14)

FAC 1-1 Austria Lustenau

Aschauer (9) - De Lima Silva (60)

League Table

Starting to trim the wage budget for next season will be essential with being so far into the red this season. We're starting to make a monthly profit but clearing out a few of the less used squad members and using youth players to pad the ranks might be necessary, especially if we bring in higher quality players which will no doubt require higher wages.

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

End of Season 2014/15

League:

A midtable finish in our debut season is nothing to be sniffed at. We never troubled the higher reaches of the division, but with a stronger end to the season we could have ended up around the top 3, which would have been almost miraculous. As it was, we spent the entire season looking down, but thankfully our rivals in SV Horn were much worse than us and we didn't really have a lot of issue. Strongly midtable was more than I expected after our start, to be honest.

Best player: Jan Riegel, the ageing Czech midfielder probably won't be able to compete at this level for another season, but he was pulling all the strings for us in midfield, even managing to score 5 times despite often playing a deeper role where his complete lack of pace wasn't too exposed. His €48k per annum wage could probably be spent on at least one better player than him, so if possible I'll have to offload him. Wouldn't mind keeping him around for experience though.

Top scorer: Ingo Klemen, on loan from SV Mattersburg, notched 10 league goals from his loan striker position. He will be joining on a free in the summer, and should keep his place as first choice striker when we're using a target man.

Youth prospect: Pedro Goncalves, a 17 year old Portuguese winger signed on a free. He spent most of the season in the U-18 squad, but should see a lot of work behind first choice Simon Pavel next season. With decent crossing ability, and a bit of pace, plus having already shown towards the end of the season that he can beat a man for fun, he could be a good player.

Finances: We nosedived sharply into the red due to a lot of contract terminations early on. Finances are starting to recover slowly as we are making a small profit each month. The board has massively increased our wage budget for this year, but whether or not it would be prudent to spend a large proportion of it remains to be seen.

Av. attendance: 1351, of a 3000 capacity

Next season: Hopefully a top half finish, if not pushing the promotion chasers closer than this year.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup            |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga |   5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2nd Round (SK Sturm Graz |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)

That's why Dads go to...Iceland

Season Preview

The Chairman's expectations are clear - stay clear of relegation. The media are predicting a 10th place finish for us, in a league which consists of 12 teams. After reviewing the squad, I targeted the areas which needed improving and began to scout for players in those positions. In short I felt that I almost needed a new set of players to make up my squad. I'm quite confident that I can at least meet the expectations of the Chairman based on the players that I have been able to bring into the club.

Transfers:

A nice mix of youth and experience. I have highlighted 3 players who I have brought in, who I feel will contribute massively to the team

Javi Zurbano: Javi will be my target man in my 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Im hoping that with his experience his signing will prove to be beneficial

Aran Nganpanya: 19 year old LB with good speed and good defensive attributes

Ólafur Hrannar Kristjánsson: A tricky striker with decent speed. His finishing, composure and technique instantly appealed to me and has proved this with 2 good goals against Vikingur.

I am very happy with the squad that I have built and have good, quality options all over the pitch, including a couple decent looking youngsters in my U19 team.

Pre-Season has been completed, a total of 9 friendlies played. All but one of them were against weaker opposition. The odd one out was a friendly against local rivals and favourites for promotion, Vikingur Reykjavik. We won all 9 friendlies, including a 4-3 victory against our rivals, only pre season I know but still pleasing all the same.

A couple days until the season starts, 7 fixtures in the Upper League Cup starting 15/02/2014 to 13/04/2014 and my first League fixture on 11/05/2014

Not too sure when my next update will be. Maybe midseason, maybe end of season. Lets see how I get on.

Cheers,

ng8red

Maybe, flew through preseason last night, will start the season later.

Good luck on your quest. :thup:

Cheers. Got through the 7 Upper League Cup games, W3 D1 L3. Only conceded 6 goals I think considering there are teams from the Prem. But finished 4th so end of the road there. Hoping to get stuck into some league action later

What a season as we won the league in our 2nd season back in the top flight and defied the odds to beat some strong teams to win the Europa league. We made quite a few signings in both windows that transformed the team. Highlight of the season has to be the entire European run, we beat Kyiv and Marseille in the CL qualifiers and then to get out of the CL group in 3rd was pretty good going but to go on and win the Europa was remarkable. My favourite game had to be beating the holders Spurs 5-3 on aggregate.

As I said earlier a more detailed version of my career is in this thread so obviously that takes up a lot of time and it's hard work doing 2 full reviews.

Season  |  Club           | League                  |  Position  |  Cup          |  Europe          |  Achievement              |  Top Scorer

2014/15 |  AEK Athens     | Greek B Division South  |  1st       |  2nd  Round   |  N/A             |  Promotion via Playoff    |Brecevic (22)
2015/16 |  AEK Athens     | Greek Superleague       |  4th       |  Semi Final   |  N/A             | CL Qualification          |Bahoken (26)  
2016/17 |  AEK Athens     | Greek Superleague       |  1st       |  3rd Round    | 3rd CL Group F   | Europa League Winners     |Bahoken (33)

Here comes Dexter_Morgan to show just how badly i am doing with AEK... :o ... Very good Season to win the league that quickly is just superb work. The money from the Champions league must of been good i take it!? Nice double as well, was not an easy Europa league run at all.

Cheers mate, having a natural goalscorer like Bahoken certainly helped but I felt both transfer windows were very good to us and we added some real quality to the squad.

Van Putten, Renato, Caynoso, Lisovskiy and Romulo Leandro (in previous post) are quality for this division and the 3 south Americans made a huge difference when they came in the winter.

The finances aren't that great tbh, we have just over £8M in the bank after our summer spending and it's now costing treble on Van Putten's wages almost just to keep him. One thing I really hope we've improved on this season is the defence, i've let Hutar go out on loan as I felt having a foreign keeper wasn't helping so i've replaced him with Kapino on a free from Panathinaikos and added an excellent regen from Omonoia Nicosia has also come in to the defence. Added a £8M striker from Atletico Madrid and I think we have enough to do well again.

AEK_zps85130811.jpeg

AEK Athens 2017/18;

Super League Table|Graph|Euro Stage

Our best season on the pitch since our return to the top flight, but off the field was a disaster .. We were losing money, the board were cutting my Budgets (twice) and i decided to pretty much start again with the squad in November, i offered out most of our players, anyone we could get cash for/was on too much wages we sold or let leave, we lost out in the short term due to the lowered Transfer fees but in the long term the clubs finances are starting to look better and even though i was left with a squad of 15 players (plus our Youth Squad to fill it out) we had a great Season. Heskey had the season of his life scoring 8 goals in 16 starts and new signing Lucas Piazon was outstanding and ended up our top scorer on 13. Other stand out players were Kanga who also came to the club in the Summer, GK Peristeridis and CB Klaisaris. Finishing the season in 4th saw us head into the Euro Stage facing Panathanikos, PAOK and Xanthi, an hammering by Panathanikos 8-1 saw us stumble but all we needed to do was not finish bottom of the 4 team group for European Football next season and going into the final games (us at Home vs PAOK and Panathanikos vs Xanthi) we needed a draw minimum, with Xanthi needing to win to overtake us ... We got hammered 3-0 with a very depleted squad (Heskey Injured and a few other unfit) Xanthi though could only draw and we go into the Europa League.

Finances|Transfers - Sold a huge bunch of my first team squad/anyone we could clear off the Wage bill from December onwards, hopefully this is the last of our money woes.

The Squad

A couple of broken records...

Most PotM and Oldest Player.

Youth Candidates;

Tasos Gouveros YP4a - Coach Report

Pantos Georgakakos YP4b - Coach Report

It's a shame we couldn't register these new Academy lads as they would of played straight away.

Panagiotis Roussos YP3

Odysseas Skentzos YP2

Stathis Dionysopoulos YP1

Sokratis Maxakoulis YP0 - Sold to Celtic £2.1m. On Loan at Panathanikos played 41 games.

Season    League                   Position    Greek Cup    Achievements     Europe
2014/15    National B (South)     Champions     Q-Final     Promoted         N/A
2015/16	   Super League             10th        3rd rd    Beat Olympiakos    N/A
2016/17    Super League             6th         3rd rd  close to Euro P'offs N/A
2017/18    Super League             4th         3rd rd   Europa League Qual. N/A

Dromara Village - Championship 1 - Season 2016/2017

Competitions

League Table

In the end it was a very good first season at a higher level, losing only 4 games which was the joint lowest in the division and having the best defensive record in the league. It really could have been even better though, 14 draws in 26 games prevented us from pushing for another promotion. As you can see it's a really right league with every team being evenly matched, everyone has a chance of going up.

Steel Cup

The cups were awful this year and we went out in the first round of almost all of them, this one a 2-1 defeat at non-league Ards Rangers.

Irish League Cup

We at least made it through the first round of this one before Glebe knocked us out.

Intermediate Cup

Another first round knockout at the hands of non-league opposition.

Irish Cup

Two exciting games, but we eventually lost out to Premiership Cliftonville.

County Antrim Shield

A new one, but we didn't last long as we slipped to undeserved 1-0 defeat at Carrick.

Players

Squad

There's still a lot of youth in the squad as we kept most of the team together. Unfortunately our prize asset Daniel Beattie walked away after 51 goals in 61 games, he's now retired at 19 after failing to find a club, even though I tried everything to get him back :(

Key Players

Aaron Brunt - He's probably too good to be playing amateur football, but he seems happy enough. I think he's my only player to be capped at any level.

Eamon Quigley - The versatile midfielder had a good year, performing well on the wing or in the middle.

Jarlath Cowan - He had the unenviable task of replacing Beattie but he did well, contributed some important goals.

Jeff Morrison - We also lost our best centre back last season but Morrison proved to be a capable replacement. If he's still here next season he will be club captain.

Phillip McAllister - Fresh out the academy, the 16 year old became a regular in the team. I have high hopes for him.

This season has given me hope that we can definitely fight for promotion next season, that has to be the aim.

Solid progression there Brettney, with the added bonus of European football. The youth prospects look good, presuming you will unleash them for next season? Hopefully will work out as a good move for the long term in regards to selling the first team players

A very even league dudge7, 11 points separate 2nd to 12th. Makes it a bit more difficult with only the one promotion spot. You must be confident though? Especially if you can convert some of those draws into victories next season

A very even league dudge7, 11 points separate 2nd to 12th. Makes it a bit more difficult with only the one promotion spot. You must be confident though? Especially if you can convert some of those draws into victories next season

There's actually two possible promotion spots, if you come 2nd you go into a playoff with the team who finished second bottom in the Premiership. Normally it's the Premiership team who wins it though. I'm definitely confident for next season, I realised that if we had won just 2 of those drawn games we'd have finished 2nd!

There's actually two possible promotion spots, if you come 2nd you go into a playoff with the team who finished second bottom in the Premiership. Normally it's the Premiership team who wins it though. I'm definitely confident for next season, I realised that if we had won just 2 of those drawn games we'd have finished 2nd!

Ah ok, not too bad then. A really good chance of pushing for promotion next season. Do you find the teams from the prem snap up the better players? Or do teams from Eng and Scot try and poach them?

12 games in and we are 5th, but a few difficult games coming up next. Could sneak a playoff place by the end though. I have far too many players now though, almost at my limit of 30 whereas I like to have less than 20 (not including youth).

A good start Anti Spiral a good chance to push for promotion this year? I too have found that I have signed a couple too many players BUT I am well under my budgets and a few of them are on a non contract/pay as you play basis. I had a disastrous start to the season! 3 points (3 draws) from the first 8 games, change of formation and things have changed for the best, unbeaten in 5 since the first 8, just glad there are a couple teams who aren't very good. Hoping to compete the season tonight/tomorrow and will provide a full report.

Thats a crazy amount of draws dudge7, sad to see Beattie retire .. He must be getting paid more to be an electrician .. Or whatever the hell he is.

Thanks ng8red, the 2 news academy kids will almost certainly get plenty of games i am signing some new first teamers now that i have around 28k Wage Budget to play with but i'm going to leave a gap of around 8-10k just incase the board go crazy again amd reduce it. I actually tried to get Heskey to reconsider his retirement also .. But at 40 he decided not too.

Ah ok, not too bad then. A really good chance of pushing for promotion next season. Do you find the teams from the prem snap up the better players? Or do teams from Eng and Scot try and poach them?

I haven't noticed any of that really. It seems a lot of the players at this level are happy just playing as amateurs as very few of them (in my team anyway) are willing to discuss part-time deals. I've had interest from bigger teams but nothing ever comes of it.

Thats a crazy amount of draws dudge7, sad to see Beattie retire .. He must be getting paid more to be an electrician .. Or whatever the hell he is.

Thanks ng8red, the 2 news academy kids will almost certainly get plenty of games i am signing some new first teamers now that i have around 28k Wage Budget to play with but i'm going to leave a gap of around 8-10k just incase the board go crazy again amd reduce it. I actually tried to get Heskey to reconsider his retirement also .. But at 40 he decided not too.

Super Heskey ay. Was he a player/coach for you or am I mixing that up with someone else? They may have no need to seeing as you have helped to rescue the financial situation. Well, you would hope so

Archived