Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AEK_zps85130811.jpeg

AEK Athens 2015/16;

Super League Table|Graph

A season of two halfs, first we introduced ourselves back into the top flight with some impressive performances climbing up into 4th place and looking comfortable other than in the big games, your Panaithanikos' Olympiakos' etc. We were looking that good the first half of the season i even won Manager of the Year But things were going well .. Then came the dreaded message that we were struggling financially and the Chairman demanded that i sell some players, i decided i would accept any loan offers and with a couple of players (first teamers no less) unhappy at the financial problems they went out on Loan .. That saw us struggle, we went 11 games without a win at one point and it took the battling of player coaches Heskey and McCulloch and YP0 Sokratis Maxakoulis to finally get us the win we needed and get us back on track, but with only a couple of games left to go we just scraped a mid table finiash - Highlight of the season though was second to last game where we beat Champions and huge rivals Olympiakos 2-1. The Cup

Facilities Downgraded|Facilities now!

Finances|Transfers - The Wage Budget was reduced by January and so we had o let a lot of players go out on loan, some were first team regulars which affected our form.

The Squad|Best XI

I tried to persuade Roy Carroll to call off his retirement and stay for another season, but he refused. But he does agree to play in the Euro's.

Venta Retires|Hadouir Retires

Youth Candidates;

Odysseas Skentzos YP2 Coach Report

Stathis Dionysopoulos YP1

Sokratis Maxakoulis YP0

Current Clubs Reputation!

Season    League                   Position    Greek Cup    Achievements     Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    National B (South)     Champions     Q-Final     Promoted         N/A
2015/16	   Super League             10th        3rd rd    Beat Olympiakos    N/A

I think that was a good first season in the top flight, brettney1980. But your finances is like the rest of Greece's economy:). How is the tv- and prize money in the league? Hoping you will push for a place higher up the table next year, maybe get a sniff of the european places.

It took me a while, but I think finally found our "Stadium" on Google Maps. The main issue being that the satellite pictures were awful and didn't really help.

This is about as close as you can get. Seems a nice little town though. :)

That really does look like a tranquil place to live.

On the side of realism, it's amazing how well SI modelled the Greek economy there Brettney.

Wage budget at Monor is 6k per week. Currently spending 2.9k. Well under.

now is my 4 season over and wee took the win and now are we advancing to second highest league in sweden. i dont really understand how well we played this year, we picked up our striker on a free transfer after him leaving the higest league from malmo ff... http://feedr.se/upload/Petter_Thelin__Overview_Profile.png and the table http://feedr.se/upload/1-Swedish_First_Division_North__Overview_Stages.png i won also manager of the year award http://feedr.se/upload/Swedish_First_Division_North__Awards_Award_Winners.png

FC Øreslund

52643.jpg

Manager Profile

Been a while since I did this challenge, and having spent all my FM14 time so far on the youth challenge I feel the need to start scouting and signing players again!

Decided to give it a go in Denmark, for absolutely no reason other than I have had a few good Danish players in my teams in the last few FM's

I picked FC Øresund who appear to be a pretty small team, only in existence for the last 4 years. Somewhat randomly, the "information" page list Brian Laudrup as a club icon. No idea why, as I can find no link between the 2 and he was long since retired by the time this club was formed.......rogue researcher?

THe club appears to pride itself on youth (going by the translated wiki page!), there for suitable that my first signing is a 39yr old midfielder.....

Start off with no staff, semi-pro status and no money. This could be a struggle.....

The League

It was a season of two halves. We struggled in the first half of the season, pretty much just camping out in 15th spot. But always in touch of safety.

The second half of the season brought some spectacular upsets against the top teams, but losses to our relegation competitors.

Safety was assured with two games to spare, but we finished in style with a 6-3 thumping of bottom placed Vészprem in our final game.

The Cups

Awful performance in both of them. We entered the Hungarian Cup in the 2nd round and exited in the 3rd round. Finished 4th in a group of four in the League Cup with two draws and six losses.

The Players

Péter Berki. Managers player of the season.

Bálint Gaál. Top scorer in all competitions.

Youth Player from first season that has started living up to coaches predictions.

Finances

We're loaded. Managed to sell off a few of the players we signed for free. Sponsorship increased from 53k to 75k per annum, and we stayed around 3k under our wage budget of 6k.

The board have now reduced the wage budget to 4.2k, but agreed to spend 110k on upgrading youth facilities.

Season    League        Position    Hungarian Cup    League Cup        Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Division II     6th       5th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2015/16	  Division II    12th       3rd round     4th in group stage    N/A

My second signing is none other than ex Man Utd Legend (in a very loose sense of the word......) Mads Timm. He has had a bit of a chequered career to say the least, between a big club move, time in prison, national team call ups, and retiring because he couldn't be arsed, then coming back.......

Ok, take two! I'm in Northern Ireland with Dromara. Profile.

This is going to be tough :D I have a wage budget of just over £1kp/w and there's only two players at the club who actually earn a wage. We do have a decent-looking 16 year old striker but he's on amateur terms, doesn't want to sign a contract and is wanted by two teams from the level above :(

Well I started in Belgium with RFC Liege, and I've missed out on promotion (on away goals) and the playoffs (by one point) in my first two seasons. I promised the board promotion this season, and it isn't looking too likely, so if I don't get sacked I'll post up my info tonight.

Somewhat randomly, the "information" page list Brian Laudrup as a club icon. No idea why, as I can find no link between the 2 and he was long since retired by the time this club was formed.......rogue researcher?

FC Øresund is a merger of 3 clubs (Hørsholm-Usserød Idrætsforening (HUI), Nivå Gymnastikforening (NG) and Kokkedal Idrætsklub (KIK)), and Brian Laudrup ended his career as an amateur player for one of them (HUI), playing 28 games and scoring 13 goals in the lower Danish leagues :)

5cn7TRF.png

Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs - Icelandic 1st Division

Unknown Icelandic manager-wannabe Krummi Samuelsson has taken over freshly promoted HK in the Icelandic 1st Division, hoping to return the club back to the glory days of 2007 when it was playing in the Icelandic Premier League.

Overview | Information | 1st Team

I figure that no-one is venturing into Iceland, possibly because of the long words, odd playing schedule and crazy names, so I will bravely go where no man has gone before. I think it'll be an achievement for me to make it back to the Premier League, let alone qualify (or even win) the champions league. This'll be a bit of torturous fun for me alongside my Dafuge challenge attempt. I should point out that the start date in FM14 for Iceland is early January 2013, and the first reset is in November 2013, which is why my start date is still in 2013. Also setting my reputation to 'Sunday League Footballer' still gives me a regional reputation... that tells you something about Iceland.

The name of the club translates to 'Handball Club of Kópavogur', and Kópavogur is a suburb of Reykjavík, the capital city of Iceland. They share their stadium Kópavogsvöllur with Premier League outfit Breiðablik. Kópavogur is locally famous for its mall Smáralind which looks like a giant penis. The name of the town translates to 'seal pup bay', the population of Kópavogur is around 30,000, the town logo is a seal pup laying in front of a church, and the town motto is að er gott að búa í Kópavogi translating to it is good to live in Kópavogur. I haven't lived there, but it is one of the nicer suburbs, so I believe their motto.

Wish me luck!

End of Season Report - 2019:

Årdal FK

150px-%C3%85rdalFK.jpg

Season Summary: Although we were very strong in our promotion campaign last year, I knew that surviving in the First Division would be tough!

We started well, with some big wins and strong performances. This ultimately saved us from relegation, as we only won one of our last 10 games (an amazing 6-0 win away on the last day of the season!). I mainly stuck with the same squad, as players were hard to sign, though our key player this season Martin 'Seth' Andersen was a new signing and an immediate impact.

We were lucky it was so tight at the bottom, else we could have easily been relegated. Although 33 points has always been enough for survival...

Final Position: 10th

Aims for next season: Survival again, strengthen our awful defence. Attack seems fine though.

League Table

Best XI - To come

Positions

Career So far...

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014      Norwegian 2nd Division   10th        
2015	  Norwegian 2nd Division   10th
2016      Norwegian 2nd Division   9th
2017      Norwegian 2nd Division   6th
2018      Norwegian 2nd Division   1st         Promotion!
2019      Norwegian 1st Division   10th

Onwards.

How have people found losing players because they won't sign new contracts? I've lost my star winger in my first pre-season because of this, was thinking it's maybe down your low/unproven reputation when starting out? or is it a problem that persists seasons in.

The League

It was looking like this might be the season. We were in a promotion spot with just seven games to go. One point from the next three games dropped us out of contention and without enough games to recover. Still finished 6th, which was not a bad finish.

The Cups

Nothing impressive. 4th round of Hungarian Cup and knocked out of the league cup at the group stage third in our group.

The Players

Moved Péter Berki from right wing to advanced forward and he returned 26 goals from 32 games to be our top scorer.

Berki was assisted by Soma Lőrinczy, who returned a not too shabby 22 goals himself.

Season    League        Position    Hungarian Cup    League Cup        Europe
2014/15   Division II     6th       5th round     3rd in group stage    N/A
2015/16	  Division II    12th       3rd round     4th in group stage    N/A
2016/17   Division II     6th       4th round     3rd in group stage    N/A

Think my save might be screwed then for the time being. Started a youth only type save, so I'm not allowing myself to sign players/replacements. So essentially makes my save 10 times more difficult.:confused:

It's a save within the guidelines of this challenge, I just wasn't planning on posting up until I had settled and progressed maybe a season or two.

Good luck with take two dudge7, Northern Island is always fun.

gotladskommun you are having a very good time it seems in Sweden so far.. Keep up the good work.

Good luck in Iceland Foot.

Nice work on the survival Anti Spiral, hopefully you can stop leaking goals next season... Or score even more.

Unlucky on the poor run Fastbasher, players got too excited near the top.. And wow, this season looks tiiiight.

I'm enjoying my effort with Dromara but I feel like there's way too many goals at this level and there's not a lot you can do about it. My results so far go 2-3, 3-3, 3-2, 4-4, 3-2, 3-2, 2-1 ( :eek: ), 3-3. If I was losing more I reckon I'd be a lot more frustrated with it :D

The 16 year old striker I mentioned is still here and banging them in, 12 goals in 10 games. He's still on amateur terms though and I'm just praying no bigger club tries to nick him :(

I'm enjoying my effort with Dromara but I feel like there's way too many goals at this level and there's not a lot you can do about it. My results so far go 2-3, 3-3, 3-2, 4-4, 3-2, 3-2, 2-1 ( :eek: ), 3-3. If I was losing more I reckon I'd be a lot more frustrated with it :D

The 16 year old striker I mentioned is still here and banging them in, 12 goals in 10 games. He's still on amateur terms though and I'm just praying no bigger club tries to nick him :(

I think some leagues are like that with the crazy amount of goals, i have found the Portuguese lower leagues the same. Shame you can't get the kid signed...

Archived