The Scandinavian Shankly: From paupers to kings.

withnail316

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done! Now I just hope my beloved SønderjyskE will be back up next season. ;)

How are your finances looking? I have found that European success (i.e. getting to the group stage) will do wonders for you when trying to dominate the Danish league.

Well done! Now I just hope my beloved SønderjyskE will be back up next season. ;)

How are your finances looking? I have found that European success (i.e. getting to the group stage) will do wonders for you when trying to dominate the Danish league.

Yeah, money from Europe certainly helps. I tend to like playing in "smaller" leagues simply because there isn't ridiculous amounts of money simply for being in the league. While there is currently about £7m in total on offer if you are top for all three 'periods' (after 11 games, 22 games and at the end of the season) it's still not as lucrative as European football can be.

We've got about £13m in the bank, although we have another stadium expansion coming. I'm hoping that will take us up to around 50,000, which will be perfect.

May

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-1 Vejle-Kolding Boldklub

The home fans were in jubilant mood after winning the title last week, and we really turned on the style to add to the carnival atmosphere. Robert Jorgensen put us in front inside 15 minutes, and Stayko Krastev and Dan Steen had us three in front by half time. Just the one goal from Maki Langa in the second half, but a great performance all in all.

SL: AaB 0-3 FC Nordsjælland

We'll be meeting Aalborg in the cup final in a few weeks, so it was good to get the better of them in our penultimate league match. Miran Suljic scored his first for the club inside three minutes, and Porebski and Skov put the game to bed in the second half.

SL: Esbjerg 3-3 FC Nordsjælland

Our only defeat had come at Esbjerg, and they found themselves in a position of needing to avoid defeat to stay up, so it was always going to be a tough visit. Indeed, they led three times here, but Krastev (2) and Skov ensured we picked up a point on the last day.

Final_table_33.png

The Landspokalturneringen Final

Thursday 26th May 2033

AaB v FC Nordsjælland

Parken Stadion, Copenhagen

Parken.jpg

So my first cup final in Denmark, and a chance for us to complete a league and cup double. AaB had had a decent season, finishing in 3rd and qualifying for the Europa League, and they were also chasing a 4th Danish Cup triumph. However, we had beaten them every time we'd played this season, and with everybody fit I fancied our chances of some more silverware.

I decided to stick with my customary 4-4-2 system, and my only big decision was whether to pick Casper Skov or Wictor Persson to partner Stayko Krastev in attack. In the end, I decided to go with Skov simply because he is our club captain, and it would seem wrong to leave the skipper out on cup-final day.

First half

It was an even opening to the game with both goalkeepers being forced into action, but after 11 minutes the deadlock was broken. Casper Skov won the ball deep in AaB's half and fed Athonasioas Psomadis on the right. He picked out a perfect far-post cross to Stayko Krastev, who powered home a header for 1-0. Things got even better after 22 minutes, and after a 1-2 with Langa, Casper Skov hammered an effort from the edge of the area which went straight through their keeper, and our fans were jubilant. We didn't have things all our own way though, and after half an hour we failed to clear a corner, and Mikkel Sorensen took advantage for 2-1. On the stroke of half time, we restored our two goal lead though, with Suljic's corner not being dealt with, and the unfortunate Konig bundled the ball over his own line.

Second half

I told the lads I was really pleased with their performance, and to go out and enjoy the second half. Chances were few and far between, but with 10 minutes to go, Zitkovic put a wonderful free kick in our top corner to really unnerve us, but we responded brilliantly, and grabbed another goal. This time, substitute Wictor Persson won the ball on the right and headed to the corner flag, only to pick out a peach of a cross to Stayko Krastev, who volleyed home from 10 yards. (By this point I was on my feet in my front room, although I did resist the temptation to suit up...) The referee's whistle was a joy to behold, and we had another cup to our name, the fifth in the club's history.

Final score: AaB 2-4 FC Nordsjælland

529px-FC_Nordsjaelland.svg.png

FC Nordsjælland - season summary 2032/33

League (Superliga)

Media prediction: 1st (of 12)

Finished: 1st (Champions)

Cups

Champions League: 1st knock-out round (last 16)

Landspokalturneringen (Danish Cup): Winners

Top scorers

Casper Skov: 30 appearances (22 starts): 22 goals (13 in the league)

Wictor Persson: 35 appearances (29 starts): 22 goals (12 in the league)

Stayko Krastev: 18 appearances: 15 goals (8 in the league)

Thor Fremo: 31 appearances (14 starts): 12 goals (7 in the league)

Positives

Lots to be happy about in my second season. Of course, winning two trophies should never be sniffed at, but getting beyond the Champions League group stages is also welcome. I think it has probably come a little early (and in truth, I wanted us to finish third in the group and have a good crack at the Europa League) I'm really happy with most of my signings, especially Stayko Krastev. If he stays fit, I'd like to think he'll get 30+ next year, and with Skov and Persson assisting him, we look really potent up top. I've also got a few youngsters knocking on the door, so I'll have a decision to make over Thor Fremo next year. We're also looking pretty good defensively and in midfield, so I'm expecting a very quiet summer window, at least with regards to players coming in.

Negatives

Not a lot to worry about here, other than a limited option of Danish players. I'm hoping that we can help change that by bringing some youngsters through.

Ambitions

My target for next year is the same again, although if we end up finishing third in the Champions League group stages, I won't grumble too much...

Surprise of the season

Getting through the group stages with a mere 7 points, or beating Barcelona in the home leg of the last 16 tie.

Player of the Year

Pontus Martensson

Attendances

Lowest attendance: 29,276 v Silkeborg IF

Highest attendance: 41,064 (sell-out) numerous games

Average attendance: 37,445 (36,652 in the league)

Finances

£17,221,706

Decided to dump the French, Spanish, German and Portuguese leagues, as well as the bottom two from Italy. Now running with Belarus, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Russia and Serie A & B.

No plans on leaving yet, but always nice to have options.

Finances are all relative in this part of the world. We finished the season with £17m in the bank, which is a small fortune. I'm always within budget and so I have another £50,000p/w I can spend on wages, and £4m on transfers. There is more to come in ticket sales plus any European prize money too, so I'm not worried about our bank balance.

There was enough cash for the board to approve £10m in stadium & training ground developments too, so we can't be doing too badly...

EDIT: this post no longer makes sense after a post was deleted, but I'll leave it here anyway...

Getting quite frustrated that all my Champions League games are being played at the national stadium, despite our home ground being bigger. When we've dropped into the Europa, we've played at home, so I can't quite understand why...

Weird. Several Danish clubs will have alternative stadiums for European games from the start. I know Nordsjælland have used Parken IRL, but that should change as soon as their own stadium became big enough...

529px-FC_Nordsjaelland.svg.png

FC Nordsjælland - season preview 2033/34

Media expectation: 1st

Board expectation: Win the title

Transfer budget (remaining): £750,000

Wage budget: £311,000p/w (£40,000p/w under budget)

After a very solid second season, I've had a few questions to ask myself over this transfer window. For a while, I must admit I thought about resigning and looking for a new challenge. The addition of the Russian and Ukrainian leagues both piqued my interest, while I also felt a little aggrieved that we'd be playing our European games at a neutral stadium. I know it is only a little thing, but if I'd known that would have been the case no matter how much we developed our stadium, I'd probably have saved about £15m in stadium fees. 35,000 would have been plenty big enough for domestic matches, although we're now only a few months away from having a capacity of 46,186.

Anyway, this feeling of looking for a new challenge was short-lived, and I quickly settled down into shaping my squad for the new season. Normally here I'd post a screen shot of my transfer activity, but this summer doesn't really warrant that. I've already shown you two of my three additions in Martinez and Vidal, and the only other new arrival is this lad:

Maher_Chemmam.png

Chemmam arrives from Serbian side Hadjuk Kula for a fee of £2.5m, and provides even more depth in our midfield.

There has been a little activity out of the club, although nothing major to report, just a few youngsters released while young striker Anders Lundgaard was loaned out for first team football at Viborg, striker Jaime Jorge was sold for £1m to Cesena, and midfielder Troels Perderson will joing Malmo for £875,000.

I've approached my old club Bodø/Glimt about taking a couple of players in on long-term loans, although at this stage it would appear we're too much of a step down for them, but I will keep trying. There was one piece of good news as far as reputation is concerned though, with the Danish Superliga climbing to 26th from 33rd, albeit that is still behind the Norwegian second tier. However, that means one fewer qualifying rounds for next year's Champions League, while it will also now open a spot for the side who finish 2nd.

Right then, on we go.

I have literally signed up to these forums just to say what an epic career you've had. I have booted up FM14 and I am trying to replicate what you are doing in Scandinavia.

Welcome along to the forum, Mastah. Good to have you here. Really appreciate your kind words, hope you enjoy your new career. It's a really rewarding challenge, IMO. Let us know where you start off.

This is amazing mate. Love careers played in obscure regions, just so happens this is superbly written as well.

Glad you've enjoyed it, fella. I generally tend to have more fun playing in smaller football nations, although I do often feel a pining for Italy, which is probably FM heaven to me. Thanks for the comment about my writing too, much appreciated.

Glad you've enjoyed it, fella. I generally tend to have more fun playing in smaller football nations, although I do often feel a pining for Italy, which is probably FM heaven to me. Thanks for the comment about my writing too, much appreciated.

If you head to Italy, will you again take a smaller club?

If you head to Italy' date=' will you again take a smaller club?[/quote']

Can't see me going to Italy in this career, tbh. However, Italy is generally something of an exception to my small club rule - I can turn down almost any of the world's elite clubs when they come calling, unless the offer comes from one of the Milan clubs.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UEFA Champions League- 2nd qualifying round

1st Leg: FC Inter Turku 0-4 FC Nordsjælland

A dream of a first leg in a repeat of last year's second qualifying round tie. The first half was fairly even, but Casper Skov bundled us in front of the stroke of half time, and Stayko Krastev doubled our lead from the spot after five minutes of the second half. We were in complete control when Linus Moller nodded home a corner on the hour, and Maher Chemmam grabbed his first for the club with 10 minutes to go to put the tie out of sight.

2nd Leg: FC Nordsjælland 4-0 FC Inter Turku

I told the players that the tie wasn't over, so go and put it to bed early on, and we were in front after three minutes. Stayko Krastev combined with Skov, and the Bulgarian smashed home from 12 yards. Skov made it two soon after, pouncing on a defensive error to slot home, and defender Moller again showed his prowess in the air to thump home a header for three. Substitute Thor Fremo grabbed a fourth late on to see us comfortably through.

We'll meet APOEL Nicosia of Cyprus in the next round.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- 3rd qualifying round

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 3-0 APOEL Nicosia

A comprehensive first leg display, although in truth we should have had even more. Casper Skov got us on our way after 14 minutes, playing a 1-2 on the edge of the box and then curling home exquisitely from just inside the area. Two bullet headers from Krastev secured a very healthy advantage for the second leg.

2nd Leg: APOEL Nicosia 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

This was a lot tighter, but the damage was done from the home leg. In the end, the only goal was an OG from the keeper, who failed to deal with a Farouk cross.

The board are delighted we've qualified for the play off, so we'll be playing Europa League football at the very least this season.

July

SL: Esbjerg 0-2 FC Nordsjælland

The season started with an entire second XI, with the Champions League tie just around the corner. No matter, we were far superior on the day, and Thor Fremo double was enough for the points.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-1 AGF

A magnificent display, again with the vast majority of my usual side rested for Europe. Fremo again led the line brilliantly alongside Persson, and they both bagged a goal here, while wingers Suljic and Psomiadis getting the others.

SL: Viborg 1-4 FC Nordsjælland

We’re not shy at finding the back of the net at the moment! Maki Langa had us on our way with a 30 yard fluke, and Rodrigo Martinez grabbed his first for the club soon after from 20 yards. Another double from Fremo sealed it.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 1-2 FC Midtjylland

Where this result came from I’ll never know, although playing for 80 minutes with 10 men didn’t help. Wictor Persson was dismissed for violent conduct, but still had enough time to put us in front. Disappointing day.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- Play Off

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 1-0 Helsingborg

I fancied our chances of rolling the Swedish champions over, but this was much tighter than I could ever expect, although we weren't helped by Darko Kovac getting himself sent off in the first half. In the end, Casper Skov's goal was the only advantage we'd take into the second leg.

2nd Leg: Helsingborg 0-3 FC Nordsjælland

This was a much better performance, and from the moment Stayko Krastev put us in front on four minutes, I was pretty sure we'd be through. Linus Moller made it two just nine minutes later, and a Maher Chemmam rocket sealed it just after the hour.

However, the draw has not been kind to us. We'll meet FC Barcelona, Lyon and Shakhtar Donetsk.

One other piece of news to tell you about. With Julian Vidal's arrival on a free, we now had five central defenders, one more than I needed. I'm trying to bring two young Danes through, so that meant one of my Swedish internationals was standing in their way, and both of whom had made a little bit of a noise about moving on to bigger and better things. I decided to sell the older of the two, Pontus Martensson, who had arrived on a free the summer before. I put a speculative £10m price tag on him, with a request for 50% of his next transfer, and when Ascoli offered me the 50% plus £6.5m, I gladly accepted. That deal was more than double this club's previous record transfer, and made me feel a little better about spending £3.7m on Krastev. If I'm to get anywhere near to matching my achievements with Bodo, I suspect I need to make a profit in the transfer market, not leave myself with a deficit.

The board have now agreed to use £5.25m of that money to upgrade our youth facilities again, which I hope will allow me to bring even more youth prospects through. I'm now scratching around through my scout reports to find quality youth prospects I can bring in, too.

A question for those of you who are reading - would you prefer to see me stay in Denmark and try to match my Bodø/Glimt achievements in Europe, or should I move on to a more "difficult" league? I hasten to add, if I moved on I'd be going somewhere like Russia, Ukraine or the Netherlands as opposed to England or Spain. My project would also mean I'd be starting at a smaller club, rather than a monster like Zenit, Shakhtar or Ajax.

I'm quite happy in Denmark, especially as Europe is such a difficult challenge, but I fear we may leave the rest of the Superliga trailing in our wake before too long.

A question for those of you who are reading - would you prefer to see me stay in Denmark and try to match my Bodø/Glimt achievements in Europe, or should I move on to a more "difficult" league? I hasten to add, if I moved on I'd be going somewhere like Russia, Ukraine or the Netherlands as opposed to England or Spain. My project would also mean I'd be starting at a smaller club, rather than a monster like Zenit, Shakhtar or Ajax.

I'm quite happy in Denmark, especially as Europe is such a difficult challenge, but I fear we may leave the rest of the Superliga trailing in our wake before too long.

I'd quite like you to stay in Denmark/Scandinavia mate but if you do decide to move then I'd like to see you in Russia or the Ukraine as opposed to Holland or Belgium or somewhere like that. It's perhaps not quite the same challenge, but have you ever fancied Serbia or Croatia or somewhere like that? Partizan, Red Star or Dinamo?

August

SL: FC Nordsjælland 8-2 Vejle-Kolding Boldklub

An utterly ridiculous game of football, but a great way to bounce back from our previous league defeat. We have a very healthy habit of scoring early, and today it was Adrian Poreski who got us on our way after four minutes, before two quick goals at the other end saw us fall behind. No matter, my players almost took that as an insult and so simply ripped them to shreds. Krastev levelled on the half hour, and Martensson put us in front just after half time - his first goal for the club in his last game before moving to Ascoli. Skov extended our lead soon after and Suljic made it five with 10 to go. Krastev then scored two more, his first a rocket from 30 yards, before Skov grabbed his second in stoppage time.

SL: FC København 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

This game came between the Helsingborg tie, so I was worried our second string might struggle. Not so, Dan Steen had been a target for our rivals and he showed why in a dominant performance from midfield. He scored a rocket and made two more for Thor Fremo.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 5-2 AC Horsens

The final game of the month brought a second hat-trick of the season for Krastev, all of which was scored in the first 20 minutes. Skov and Persson grabbed the other two.

August_33.png

I'd quite like you to stay in Denmark/Scandinavia mate but if you do decide to move then I'd like to see you in Russia or the Ukraine as opposed to Holland or Belgium or somewhere like that. It's perhaps not quite the same challenge, but have you ever fancied Serbia or Croatia or somewhere like that? Partizan, Red Star or Dinamo?

Cheers for the input, fella. All good choices of clubs, but I'd want to overthrow them rather than be one of them, and at this stage, moving to one of those leagues would be a step down, I think. Overthrowing Zenit/Spartak, Shakhtar/Dynamo Kyiv, or Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord would all be a challenge, and the leagues would be a step up.

Cheers for the input, fella. All good choices of clubs, but I'd want to overthrow them rather than be one of them, and at this stage, moving to one of those leagues would be a step down, I think. Overthrowing Zenit/Spartak, Shakhtar/Dynamo Kyiv, or Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord would all be a challenge, and the leagues would be a step up.

True enough. ;)

I'd definitely like to see you try that in Eastern Europe mate, rather than in one of the more mainstream leagues. :)

True enough. ;)

I'd definitely like to see you try that in Eastern Europe mate, rather than in one of the more mainstream leagues. :)

I'm certainly tempted, but as I've only just loaded those leagues, I'll give them a little time to settle down first if I do decide to move on. I do have a little experience in that part of the world, too:

Naturally I'd prefer you to stay. ;)

P.S.: Russia or Holland would of course be a step up vis-a-vis possible European success, but I fail to see how the ex-Yugoslav leagues are better than the Nordic ones...

Naturally I'd prefer you to stay. ;)

P.S.: Russia or Holland would of course be a step up vis-a-vis possible European success, but I fail to see how the ex-Yugoslav leagues are better than the Nordic ones...

I agree, I think they'd be a step down, actually. Hence me looking at Russia/Ukraine or the Netherlands.

Try and emulate what you did with Bodo in Denmark. It would be nice to get a few updates to see how Bodo are fairing without you. Are they in a decline since their mastermind of a manger has departed or have you provided enough stability and finances for them to continue dominating?

Gah. I allowed my young winger Simon Dalgaard to go out on loan to a feeder club, thinking that I could recall him at any time and slot him back into the squad if needed, as I could in Norway. Unfortunately, that's not the case. He's now 21 so he has to be registered, which he wasn't because he was in Ukraine. He's now unavailable for me, and he can't go back on loan until January, either. School boy error.

Try and emulate what you did with Bodo in Denmark. It would be nice to get a few updates to see how Bodo are fairing without you. Are they in a decline since their mastermind of a manger has departed or have you provided enough stability and finances for them to continue dominating?

Cheers for the input, fella. Bodø/Glimt have continued where I left off, they won the league and cup last year (their 17th title in a row) and have won 21 out of 22 games this season. They've also made the semi-final and quarter final respectively in the Champions League, and have the second highest co-efficient in Europe. They replaced me with Uruguayan Diego Rodriguez, who left AC Milan to sign for them. However, there has been quite a change in personnel. Key midfielder Kazuaki Egawa joined Man City for £15m, and City paid £44.5m for Matiej Luketic. They also sold Tord Eliassen for £20m to Barcelona. The core of their side though is still based around my old players.

September

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-0 Brøndby IF

We put a second XI out for this game with the mighty Barcelona to come in midweek, but we were excellent from start to finish. Dan Steen thumped us in front after 6 minutes, before a flicked header from Wictor Persson made it two 10 minutes later. Thor Fremo continued his fine start to the season with a powerful drive before half time, and that was enough for the points.

Champions League Group C: FC Nordsjælland 1-1 Barcelona

We were excellent here, and really unfortunate not to get the points. Julian Vidal's free kick put us in front just after half time, his first goal for the club, and it stayed that way until 10 minutes from time. Inevitably, my former goal machine Tord Eliassen scored the leveller for them. Still, a decent result.

SL: AaB 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

A tense encounter between the top two, and we had something of an injury crisis for it. My director of football had brought 20 year old Spanish striker Antonio Jesus Ortega in on a free from Castilla, and he was the difference maker in his first start.

SL: SønderjyskE 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

Not the strongest of displays, but another win isn't to be sniffed at. A double from Stayko Krastev either side of half time had us on our way, and a long range rocket from Suljich secured the points.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-1 OB

Odense sacked their coach after this defeat, which left them rock bottom of the league. Two more for Fremo and one for Persson, as we rested our key players ahead of a trip to Ukraine to take on Shakhtar.

Champions League Group C: Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 FC Nordsjælland

Desperately disappointing. We missed a plethora of chances, despite Krastev putting us in front just before half time from the spot. On the other hand, Shakhtar made two chances and scored them both, the second a rocket of a free kick five minutes from time.

September_33.png

I'd go and take over one of the southern sides in Russia - Alania, Rotor, Terek, Krasnodar, Kuban - to try and wrest the title from Moscow and St Petersburg. but then I'm Russia-obsessed, so...

Cheers, Dave. My ideal club if I left would be Dinamo Moscow, I think. It's almost 60 years (in game) since they last won a league title....

October

1000_games.png

That's 33 cup wins... for some reason it has forgotten about my 18 league titles! Still nice to reach 1,000 games though.

SL: AGF 1-1 FC Nordsjælland

This game was hot on the heels of our loss in Ukraine, and we had a few tired bodies and minds. We played really well without taking our chances, and just when it looked like another loss, Thor Fremo stepped up two minutes into stoppage time to rifle us level.

Landspokalturneringen 3rd Round: FC Nordsjælland 5-0 Brøndby IF

A dream performance in the cup sees us safely through. Maher Chemmam put us in front with just 11 minutes gone, and Suljic doubled our lead just after half time. A powerful Persson header put the game out of sight, and a late Fremo double really rubbed the result in against our rivals.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 1-1 Esbjerg

We played really well here and had two goals disallowed, but in the end we had to settle for another point. Thor Fremo again with the goal.

Champions League Group C: Lyon 0-5 FC Nordsjælland

This was simply incredible. Lyon's new ground holds more than 60,000 people, but we weren't intimidated and ran riot. All five goals were scored in the second half after a tepid first 45 minutes, but a double from Skov, one from Killerich, Kovac and a late Krastev rocket sealed the best win of my career in Denmark.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 7-1 Viborg

We're really finding form at the moment, and Viborg had no answer against what was largely my second XI. Thor Fremo continued his extraordinary first half of the season with a hat-trick, while Suljic scored two beauties. Maki Langa and Wictor Persson grabbed the others.

Landspokalturneringen 4th Round: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Viborg

A second meeting in four days, and although we weren't convincing, it was a solid win. Stayko Krastev grabbed both, taking his tally to 17 for the season, and 32 in his short time at the club.

SL: FC Midtjylland 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

This was a mediocre game lit up by a wonder goal from Dan Steen, who has been outstanding this season.

October%20_33.png

Two new arrivals for the winter, and for a mere £1.5m.

Joachim_Wurtz.png

While I'm a little worried about Wurtz's low determination, he'll be a good back up right back for a couple of years. That means I'll also be able to sell my want-away back up right back Maki Langa.

Luis_Miguel.png

Luis Miguel is a snip at £725,000, and he'll also allow us to sell Adrian Porebski, who has been bugging me about leaving since the summer.

November & December

Champions League Group C: FC Nordsjælland 3-0 Lyon

I knew a win here would pretty much guarantee European football after Christmas, and we were magnificent on the night. Stayko Krastev scored a goal at the start of both halves, while a close range header from captain Casper Skov made it safe.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 1-0 SønderjyskE

This wasn't very convincing, but a rocket from Thor Fremo was enough to beat the newly-promoted side.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 1-0 FC København

Another really tight game, and once again Krastev was the hero. He nodded home a Suljic corner 20 minutes from time, and the visitors couldn't respond. A big win, albeit by a very slender margin.

Champions League Group C: Barcelona 4-1 FC Nordsjælland

I played a second XI here as I ranked the København game as more important, and I had no surprises that the Champions League holders were too strong for us. Thor Fremo had us level after 10 minutes of the second half, but three individual errors ensured we walked away with nothing.

SL: AC Horsens 2-1 FC Nordsjælland

Once again I played a second XI here, and we just weren't good enough on the day. Athonasioas Psomadis brought us back into the game at 2-1 after an hour, but we deservedly got nothing from this game.

Champions League Group C: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Shakhtar Donetsk

Our European fate came down to the final game, and we rose to the occasion. Maher Chemmam's 13th minute drive from 25 yards had us on our way, and three minutes later Krastev made it two. From there we were in complete control, and while we never looked like scoring again, we weren't bothered at the other end either. Delighted.

CL_final_group_33.png

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-0 AaB

The final game of 2033 was the Casper Skov show. The skipper bagged all four here, taking his tally to a respectable 14 for the season. It also opened a very healthy gap at the top of the Superliga table.

Winter_table_33.png

That sound like a heck of a lot in 'just' 1000 matches, I guess you have relatively short seasons in both Norway and Denmark.

Yeah, 30 league games a season in Norway plus half a dozen cup ties if you make the final. 33 league games and 7 (I think) cup ties in Denmark.

It was only 50-odd games a season getting all the way to the CL final, and with the club world cup. Very different to England!

Archived