The Scandinavian Shankly: From paupers to kings.

withnail316

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

europaleaguelogo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UEFA Europa League- Last 32

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 0-1 Valencia

A really tight first leg, but in the end their quality finally told. We lost Ahmed Farouk to a red card 10 minutes from time, and Valencia capitalised on the extra man in stoppage time.

2nd Leg: Valencia 2-2 FC Nordsjælland

Well I can't say we didn't at least have a go in Spain, but ultimately the best side went through. Casper Skov ended his drought with his 19th of the season early on, but two quick Valencia goals put them in charge before half time. Troels Pedersen levelled on the night with 15 to play, but we just couldn't snatch the goal that would have taken us through. Still, a decent European campaign.

February & March

SL: AGF 1-6 FC Nordsjælland

An incredible way to get back down to domestic duties after the long winter break. New signing Wictor Persson was the star, bagging a hat-trick on his debut. Loan striker Thor Fremo bagged a couple, while Heine Sorensen scored the goal of the game with a rocket from 30 yards.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-1 Esbjerg

We made harder work of this than the score suggested, but I'm happy with the points. Sorensen, Fremo and a first-ever goal from winger Simon Dalgaard secured the victory.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-1 Viborg

Another decent display puts the title within touching distance. Farouk, Aleksander Simmons and Casper Skov's 20th of the season secured the points.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 5-1 SønderjyskE

A magical display, only soured by a season-ending injury for Skov. Sorensen bagged a couple, Persson got his first at home, Fremo scored a screamer and Farouk bagged the goal of the season in stoppage time.

SL: Vejle-Kolding Boldklub 2-2 FC Nordsjælland

This could have gone either way, so I'm happy with a point in the end. We missed an early penalty before falling behind, only for Fremo to level on 10 minutes. We fell behind a second time a couple of minutes later, but Robert Jorgensen powered home a header from a corner to secure a point in the second half.

SL: Brøndby IF 1-2 FC Nordsjælland

A woeful first half display, but we were back to our best in the second half. Fremo grabbed his 6th goal in five games to level things up, and Niels Sorensen found the net three minutes later and we hung on to secure a great win at the club Andersen supported as a boy.

March_2032.png

April

SL: FC Nordsjælland 1-0 FC Midtjylland

Not a classic, but a Niels Sorensen drive halfway through the first half was enough for the points.

SL: FC København 1-1 FC Nordsjælland

A difficult trip to the national stadium, but I'm delighted to come away with a point. Anders Lundgaard made his debut from the bench in the 66th minute, and four minutes later he had levelled the scores.

Youngest_scorer_32.png

Champions_32.png

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-1 OB

A celebration of a day as we show off the trophy to the home fans. Thor Fremo bagged a couple in one of his best displays for us, and Niels Sorensen scored a peach from 18 yards.

SL: AC Horsens 2-3 FC Nordsjælland

This was a good result, but it came at a cost. Both Robertinho and Athonasioas Psomadis picked up injuries which could see them out until the start of next season. Horsens are fighting for their lives, and they led twice here. Still, Simmons, Perrson and Psomadis secured the victory.

May_32.png

May

SL: AaB 1-1 FC Nordsjælland

An entertaining affair at the home of our closest challengers, and in the end I'm happy with a point. Thor Fremo secured it from the penalty spot.

SL: Esbjerg 0-5 FC Nordsjælland

Probably our strongest away performance of the season. Full back Andre Serritslev was forced to play as a winger due to injuries and suspensions, but he had us in front with his first goal for the club after less than 2 minutes, and Farouk made it two soon after. Wictor Persson then took over, bagging his second hat-trick for the club.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-2 AGF

The visitors were fighting for their lives and put on a great display, but in the end we did more than enough. Persson bagged two more, taking his tally to 10 in 12 games, and Simmons and Valentini also found the net to see the season out in style.

Final_table_32.png

529px-FC_Nordsjaelland.svg.png

FC Nordsjælland - season summary 2031/32

League (Superliga)

Media prediction: 3rd (of 12)

Full_table_32.png

Cups

Europa League: 1st knock-out round (last 32)

Landspokalturneringen (Danish Cup): 3rd round

Transfers

Transfers_end_of_32.png

Top scorers

Casper Skov: 35 appearances (34 starts): 20 goals (12 in the league)

Thor Fremo: 29 appearances (24 starts): 15 goals (all in the league)

Wictor Persson: 12 appearances (all starts): 10 goals (all in the league)

Positives

Really happy with my first season in Denmark. I didn't expect us to be strong enough to win the league in our first season, but we've won it at a canter in the end. Losing just one of 33 games is fantastic, so I can't have any complaints at all about our league campaign. We've made some solid signings, giving us a good Scandinavian base and with the players coming in next year I think we'll be well equipped to defend the title, and maybe have a good crack at the other trophies too. I've been particularly happy with the loan signing of Thor Fremo, who has been excellent for us. He's still on loan for another season, and I'll be trying to get him permanently if we can agree a deal at a reasonable price. I was happy to make it out of the Europa League group stage, and maybe we can do a little better next time.

Negatives

I'm a little worried about money, especially with the stadium being expanded next year. Other than that, I'm not too concerned. I'd also like to be able to move on a bit of deadwood, but there isn't a great deal of interest in any of them. Fingers crossed that changes in the summer. Oh, and remember the new midfielder Darko Kovac I was so excited about? He's facing six months out with injury, so I probably won't get to play him until after the winter break...

Ambitions

I'm not going anywhere, so I'm aiming for another title and maybe to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, although we'll need to get through three qualifying rounds to do so.

Surprise of the season

Taking the title by 22 points.

Player of the Year

Robert Jorgensen

Attendances

Lowest attendance: 32,890 v Viborg

Highest attendance: 34,564 (sell-out) numerous games

Average attendance: 33,681 (33,405 in the league)

Finances

£10,675,870

Well done on the title and hopefully the expansion will work in your favour long term

Cheers, Dexter. Long-term it's a good idea, but it applies the pressure a little for European football this year. I'd love to qualify for the Champions League, obviously, as that would remove any worry over money. We MUST qualify for at least the Europa now though, I think.

FC Nordsjælland - season preview 2032/33

Media expectation: 1st

Board expectation: Title challenge

Transfer budget (remaining): £1,100,000

Wage budget: £248,000p/w (£57,000p/w under budget)

So the new season has come around, although we don't feel anywhere near ready for it thanks to the European Championships this summer. The Danish season starts ridiculously early as it is the second weekend in July, and as most of my players didn't get back to the club until July 1st, it's not the easiest of tasks getting them ready. Still, we are where are, and I shall do my best. The board are keen for more of the same from last season, and I'm pretty sure we're a stronger side with the new additions, so I think we should be there or there abouts.

They also expect the play off round of the Champions League, which I must admit is my expectation too - we do need to be playing European football with our precarious finances, but the Champions League itself may just be beyond us at this stage. We meet Finnish champions FC Inter in the second qualifying round, who have won 15 of the last 17 Finnish titles and are completely transformed as a club. They built a new stadium in 2024 with a capacity of more than 27,000, and usually qualify for the Europa League group stage at least every season. I'm also expected to do much better in the cup, which I heartily agree with.

Transfers

As you can see, there's still a fair amount of leeway with the budget situation, but with only £2.5m in the bank, I'm not going to be bringing any more players in during this window. My outward spending as a result is just £1m this summer, but my Bosman deals earlier in the year mean we're not missing out too much. I have however secured two more signings to the three you can see above. They are the permanent arrival of Thor%20Fremo%2032_33.png"]Thor Fremo[/url], who did so well for us last year on loan that I had to take up the £1m clause I'd agreed with Rosenborg, and Portuguese striker Jamie_Jorge_32.png"]Jaime Jorge[/url] on a free. I now have four strikers I'm really pleased with, as well as youngster Anders Lundgaard as back up, so we're quite well equipped up there.

Normally I'd post an image showing all of my transfer activity, but with two months of the window left there will still be quite a few going out of the club so I won't bother. At this stage though we have sold three first team players: defender Javier Guerrero for £400,000 to AaB, striker Martin Jens Blomberg for £500,000 to OB and forward Nicola Valentini for £775,000 + 50% sell-on to French club Caen. Also out the door was youngster Patrick Davidsen for £250,000 + 50% sell-on to St Pauli, while Mikkel Bechmann will go for the same fee in August to Swedes Kalmar FF. I've also received around £750,000 in sell-on clauses, so we're very much in the black on transfers.

I have one more central midfielder than I need though, so will probably look to move one on in the coming weeks (although I have no idea which one yet!) and young central defender Younes Tran will go out on loan as I have one more than I need with the unplanned arrival of Pontus Martensson.

I've only been able to play two friendlies, both of which were against very weak sides so we recorded two comfortable wins, so I'm expecting us to be very undercooked when the league starts. Hopefully Silkeborg have the same problem...

So remember me saying I wouldn't be bringing in anybody else this window? Scratch that. We spent £1m on this lad from Brøndby IF:

Jonathan_Killerich_32.png

However, we have had a few others leave the club, which gave us the funds to make this deal. Midfielder Kim Jensen joined Israeli club Maccabi Haifa for £2.1m + 50% sell-on, and winger Heine Sorensen went for £3m + 50% sell-on to Rosenborg. This has certainly helped to shore up our finances, but European football will complete the job.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- 2nd qualifying round

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 5-2 FC Inter Turku

For some reason this game was played at the national stadium, but we certainly made ourselves at home with a comfortable win. Wictor Persson put us in front after just two minutes, but Inter equalised instantly. Farouk had us back in front on 25 minutes with a rocket, and then 3 minutes later Skov smashed home from the spot. He had his second early in the second half before Inter got back into it by bundling home from a corner, but Persson should have secured our place in the next round with his second late on.

2nd Leg: FC Inter Turku 1-1 FC Nordsjælland

Very ordinary performance, but the job was done in the first leg. Casper Skov capitalised on a goalkeeping error after just three minutes, and although we went through the motions for the rest of the game, I'm happy enough.

We'll play Czech side Viktoria Plzen in the third round.

July

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-0 Silkeborg IF

A really comfortable win against the promoted side, much to my relief considering how unfit the squad seemed to be. Wictor Persson continued his form from last season with a double, while Skov and Fremo grabbed the others.

SL: AGF 0-2 FC Nordsjælland

Decent but not great is my assessment of this display. Defender Linus Moller smashed home from a corner and Dan Steen celebrated signing a new deal with a 25 yard strike to seal it.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Brøndby IF

I'd made plenty of changes for this game ahead of the tie with Plzen, and one of those took his chance with a double. Simon Dalgaard has been asking about a loan move for a while, but he keeps proving he's good enough to play for us when I start him, so he needs more games. This was his best display yet with two goals, and he could have had even more.

July_32.png

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- 3rd qualifying round

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 4-0 Viktoria Plzen

Well considering I thought Plzen may be too tough for us, we were frankly excellent in this first leg. Ahmed Farouk put us in front after 23 minutes with a George Weah-esque dribble from his own area, before smashing into the top corner, and Persson bundled in a second soon after. Before the break it was three, Dan Steen scoring a trademark rocket, and Persson grabbed his second after the break. Pretty much perfect.

2nd Leg: Viktoria Plzen 2-4 FC Nordsjælland

Anohter excellent display here, although I was unhappy with our second half performance when we took our foot off the gas. Persson (2) and Skov had us on Easy Street by half time, and just after Adrian Poreborski grabbed his first for the club with another smart finish. Plzen rallied, but we're into the play offs.

We'll meet Rapid Wien in those, with the first leg in Austria.

• 6 months later...

Guess which thread is back from the dead? Yep, I've decided to resurrect this career one more time. I've really struggled to get into any FM game since this one, so I'm just going to put up with the slow laptop and get on with it...

Stand by.

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- Play Off

1st leg: SK Rapid Wien 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

I was quietly confident of going through here, and we were more than a match for the Austrians. Right back Maki Langa put us in front half way through the first half, and a goal apiece from strikers Casper Skov and Wictor Persson put the tie all but out of reach of Rapid. We conceded a sloppy goal late on, but I'm confident with three away goals.

2nd leg: FC Nordsjælland 1-1 Rapid Wien

We looked a little over-confident in the second leg and started sloppily, falling behind after 25 minutes. However, an improved second half was capped off by a Casper Skov leveller 15 minutes from time, so we're through relatively comfortably.

In the group stages we'll meet Marseille, Roma and Manchester United. *gulp*.

Fair point, but this career has kind of ruined me for other FM saves. I've not been able to get properly stuck into a new one, no matter what I try.

I know that feeling. One great career can be a tough milestone for all careers that follow.

September

SL: AaB 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

This wasn't a classic, but it was lit up by a spectacular goal from Wictor Persson, smashing home from the edge of the area.

Champions League Group F: Manchester United 3-0 FC Nordsjælland

Even my Bodo sides at their best could have problems at Old Trafford, so I won't be throwing any tea-cups over this performance. United were just too good.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-0 Vejle-Kolding Boldklub

It was good to see that there was no Champions League hangover, and we simply tore Vejle to pieces. Wictor Persson continued his bright start to the season with two more, while Steen and Psomiadis got the others from distance.

SL: Randers 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

I had to make changes in order to keep the squad fresh for our next Champions League game, and thankfully we had enough to get the points thanks to another Persson strike.

SL: Esbjerg 1-0 FC Nordsjælland

This was just one game too far for us, and so I had to name a massively weakened XI in order to have a strong side in the Champions League two days later. It was a good run out for th fringe players, but it also let me know I need to strengthen when I can.

September_32.png

Champions League Group F: FC Nordsjælland 1-0 OM

Really happy with this display, and a towering Ahmed Farouk header was enough for us to pick up the win at the national stadium. I'm hoping the other home games will be played at our own stadium when the upgrade has gone through.

I know that feeling. One great career can be a tough milestone for all careers that follow.

Yep, definitely. I've even tried starting different versions of FM to try and kick it, but no joy. I think I'm going to strip some of the leagues out and keep my fingers crossed I can live with the slower pace.

October

SL: Silkeborg 1-2 FC Nordsjælland

Not the best of displays, but a double from Wictor Persson gave us the win, despite falling behind early on.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 3-0 AGF

The first game with our stadium expansion complete brought in a bumper crowd of over 39,000. We were magnificent on the day, with goals from Killerich, Fremo and Niels Sorensen.

Champions League Group F: Roma 4-1 FC Nordsjælland

This was really disappointing, especially as we led after half an hour through Casper Skov. Roma equalised on the stroke of half time, and then tore us to shreds in the second half.

SL: Brøndby 1-2 FC Nordsjælland

I had to play a "second XI" game for this one as it came hot on the heels on the trip to Italy, but we still had enough for the win. Dan Steen levelled for us after an hour before Thor Fremo won it with 10 minutes to play.

Landspokalturneringen 3rd Round: Fremad Amager 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

Happy enough with this win against a second tier side, but we played within ourselves. Joakim Hansen, Thor Fremo and and a first goal for Jaime Jorge secured our progress.

Landspokalturneringen 4th Round: Lyngby 0-1 FC Nordsjælland

The next round brought about the North Zealand derby against our bitter rivals, and Wictor Persson showed his quality to grab the win.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-1 Viborg

I had to change my shape thanks to a shortage of strikers, but the change worked a treat. Robert Jorgensen levelled for us after 10 minutes, and a double for Psomiadis and one for Fremo meant we'd end October with a little daylight between ourselves and FC København at the top of the table.

October_32.png

November & December

Champions League Group F: FC Nordsjælland 3-0 Roma

A superb display, which was made even sweeter as it was hot on the heels of our dismantling in Italy. Wictor Persson continued his fine form with a goal, while Thor Fremo grabbed a double, which keeps alive our hopes of European football after Christmas.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Randers

The same two players found the net here, and their good form is keeping Casper Skov on the sidelines right now.

SL: FC København 0-2 FC Nordsjælland

I put out a weakened side for this game despite it being a battle of the top two, yet we still came away with the points. Casper Skov came on as a late substitute and found the net 10 minutes from time, before a thumping Fremo header secured it.

Champions League Group F: FC Nordsjælland 1-1 Manchester United

Any hopes of playing in Europe after Christmas depended on us avoiding defeat in this game, so I was delighted with a point. Wictor Persson's goal meant it was all to play for in the final game.

SL: OB 1-1 FC Nordsjælland

Not the greatest of performances, but happy with another point. Casper Skov the goalscorer, making his case to get back in the side.

Landspokalturneringen Quarter Final: Viborg 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

Our most fluent display for a few weeks, and we tore Viborg apart in the process. Dan Steen played just behind a loan striker and he capped off his immense display with two goals, while Fremo grabbed his 10th of the season late on to put us in the semi.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 AC Horsens

With the big game against Marseille to follow, I had to rest several key players, but it didn't matter in the end. Fremo and a first of the season for Troels Pedersen saw us pick up another comfortable win.

Champions League Group F: OM 2-0 FC Nordsjælland

Gah. We were awful on the day, so got exactly what we deserved. Even more disappointing than the result was an injury to Thor Fremo though, which will see him out until March at the earliest. As a result, I'm going to have to enter the transfer market for another striker in the winter. However, every cloud...

CL_final_group_32.png

SL: Vejle-Kolding Boldklub 0-2 FC Nordsjælland

We go into the long winter break in fine style, with Killerich and Persson's 20th of the season ensuring we have a lovely gap opening up at the top of the Superliga.

Winter_32_table.png

FC Nordsjælland

2032/33 mid season report

As I mentioned the other day, I'm really glad to be back to back to this career. I finally have my FM mojo back, and even the game taking that little bit longer than I'd like isn't putting me off. All in all, I've been quite happy with the first half of the season. We're flying in the league, and although we were very fortunate to get into the knock out stage of the CL, I couldn't really care less. I'd been hoping we could challenge for 3rd in the group, but I'm realistic to know that we're unlikely to progress any further.

Still, the extra cash has come in handy. The board seem quite sensible with funds, so even though there is around £18m in the bank, my budget is relatively tiny. Not a problem, although I may see if I can sell a few players for a ridiculous sum of money in the next couple of windows. I've also lined up a couple of deals for the next two windows. First to come in is this fella:

Miran_Suljic.png

Suljic arrives for his buy-out clause of £1.4m, and really strengthens us on the left. I may take advantage of interest in 29 year old Ahmed Farouk to pay for the deal, but I'm also considering loaning out young winger Simon Dalgaard for a season, and then sell Farouk at a later date.

Rodrigo_Martinez.png

Rodrigo Martinez will join us in the summer for around £2m, which leaves me with a decision over Athonasioas Psomadis. Still, a good arrival.

Also arriving on a permanent deal is left back Robertinho, who has been on loan at the club for 18 months. He'll cost us a mere £800,000, which is good business. As it is only December 5th, I'm now going to scour my scouting reports to see if I can add in a little more quality to bolster the squad for Europe. I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed we avoid a certain Norwegian club in the CL draw...

A little more transfer activity to tell you about. Firstly the incoming:

Stayko_Krastev.png

Krastev arrives for a fee of £3.7m from Mlada Boleslav, and hugely strengthens us up top.

Cafe.png

Next in is goalkeeper Cafe for £825,000. He'll come in as our number 2, and hopefully with some game time will develop into a top drawer number 1

julian_Vidal.png

Finally, Julian Vidal comes in on a free in the summer. A beast of a defender who should get better and better over time.

This window has also seen goalkeeper Alex leave for £975,000 + a 50% sell on - a great deal for an unhappy player who arrived for nothing. Also leaving is Jaime Jorge, who hasn't settled in Denmark and has had major injury problems. He joins Mallorca on loan initially, and they have an agreed price of £725,000 if they want to take him on permanently.

Now we have the small matter of Barcelona in the Champions League to look forward to...

logochampionsleaguek.jpg

UEFA Champions League- Last 16

1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 2-1 Barcelona

A wonderful home performance leaves us with a chance in Spain next week. New signing Stayko Krastev hammered home a double, although an away goal from former Bodø/Glimt defender Leleco takes some of the shine from the win.

2nd Leg: Barcelona 5-0 FC Nordsjælland

Urgh. I knew we'd need to be at the top of our game to stand a chance of going through, but we were nothing short of rotten. Still, it's been a good run.

Youth candidates

Youth_candidates_2033.png

Only one of this year's graduates looks like he could make it at the club, but he looks like a real talent

Jakob_Eskildsen.png

I don't use DM's, so I'm thinking of training him to become a right back. He'd also make a good BWM too, though

The chance faded fast.

Yep, but it was no great shock. I think progression into the knock out stages came a couple of years earlier than I thought it would, so I can't complain.

Shame about the Champions League but it looks like you have made some good signings for the future.

I am especially interested in whether or not you will get good service from Café :p:D

:rolleyes: Terrible. But thanks :D

I've played quite a few games tonight without writing my update, so here comes a long one:

February

SL: FC Nordsjælland 4-2 AaB

A mixed display in between the two Barcelona games, where we raced into a two goal lead only to be pegged back, then found our stride again. Psomiadis and Dan Steen put us in charge, and Casper Skov and Niels Sorensen sealed the points.

March

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 Esbjerg

This was routine, and a good way to respond after our hammering in Spain. Headers from Joakim Hansen and Dan Steen were more than enough for the points.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-1 Silkeborg IF

This was a very average performance, but once again we got the job done. Hansen again powered home a header from a corner, and a rocket from Killerich sealed it.

SL: AGF 0-2 FC Nordsjælland

Wictor Persson found his shooting boots again, and he had us in control inside five minutes here. A late free kick from Ahmed Farouk added the icing to the cake.

SL: Viborg 0-3 FC Nordsjælland

This was our best domestic performance since the winter break, and Viborg simply couldn't cope with us. Persson and a double from Krastev put the title within touching distance.

April

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-1 Brøndby IF

This was a real battle, and we had to come from behind to win it. Adrian Porebski levelled things up after 25 minutes, drilling home from a corner, and Jonathan Killerich scored after a mazy second half run against his old club.

Landspokalturneringen Semi Final 1st Leg: FC Nordsjælland 3-1 FC København

The two best sides in the country met in the semi final, and it was a very even game, but we took the chances which came our way. Stayko Krastev put us in front after half an hour from the spot, and on the stroke of half time Kovac made it two. The club from the capital got back into it in the second half, but a late Thor Fremo header gives us a decent lead going into the second leg.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 0-0 FC København

Just days later we met again in the league, but the score doesn't tell the story. We had to play 25 minutes with NINE men after both of our central midfielders were sent off, but fortunately we clung on for a brilliant point. We could even have won it, but an offside flag denied Thor Fremo in stoppage time.

SL: Randers 0-0 FC Nordsjælland

We were much better here, with Casper Skov back to his best. He grabbed a double, and his free kick also met the forehead of Linus Moller to seal the points.

SL: AC Horsens 0-0 FC Nordsjælland

Not much to write home about here, but another game without a defeat can't be grumbled at.

Landspokalturneringen Semi Final 2nd Leg: FC København 1-3 FC Nordsjælland

Another really good display against København, and a cup final at the end of it is not to be sniffed at. Stayko Krastev grabbed two more, and a goal from Skov with 10 minutes to play gives us a great chance at another trophy.

SL: FC Nordsjælland 2-0 OB

This was as routine as it gets, and two more from Stayko Krastev takes him to 10 for the season, and...

April_33.png

Champions_33.png

Archived