Why are there never enough good youngsters?

I think it goes back to FM2009 when the last time that there were enough good youngsters that come through in the game. You get to a point after about 5 seasons where the level of players available in the game is of a much lower quality than when you started the game. Why is that? Surely the makers should have got it right by now? So with every season the player quality diminishes.

Always seems to be no good English youngsters either in my games. When the game starts for example you have the choice of at least two top quality players per position for the England team. After about 5 seasons you struggle to fill a starting 11 with good, let alone very good players!!

I honestly find the exact opposite problem. I have a team just now with one of the world's best ever players in it, and generally very good all-raound newgens.

I find that in fact the real players diminish in quality so rapidly that very swiftly it is only the in my opinion over-powered-if-anything newgens that are worth signing.

I honestly find the exact opposite problem. I have a team just now with one of the world's best ever players in it, and generally very good all-raound newgens.

I find that in fact the real players diminish in quality so rapidly that very swiftly it is only the in my opinion over-powered-if-anything newgens that are worth signing.

what he said

OP: you are not spending enough time looking for those players if you cant find any good once

I agree with this to an extent, I do find however that there are a lot of similar positions appearing, like AMR/S or DC/DM etc. A lot of regen DMs appear with very poor strength/natural fitness attributes, which can be annoying at times. The main issue is that a lot of these talents just don't develop with the AI which diminishes the game long term at times.

I find that the regens coming through on the last couple of versions of FM have been insane. You need to either extensively look through the search list or your scouting reports, or if it is a case of youngsters coming through your yanks, improve your facilities, coaching & youth recruitment etc.

I agree with this to an extent, I do find however that there are a lot of similar positions appearing, like AMR/S or DC/DM etc. A lot of regen DMs appear with very poor strength/natural fitness attributes, which can be annoying at times. The main issue is that a lot of these talents just don't develop with the AI which diminishes the game long term at times.

I agree that the game diminishes long-term through lack of efficient AI, where any human with money should be winning straight titles before too long. But there is no shortage of taltented younsters than you personally can buy up and train yousrelf.

There is almost no point buying existing youngsters in this game. It is better waiting until March to see what comes through. The fun really starts in season 4/5 when the first generation of newgens start making an impact on the game world. At that point, the existing youngsters will be proven duds (with a few occasional exceptions) and only the younger superstars remain at Barca, Real and City etc. The rest of the clubs will have fallen in quality and most will remain there for at least five more years, until they have gotten rid of all those duds and replaced them with newgens.

5 seasons isn't enough, in other words. Play five more and see what you think of the regen quality then.

I have found and coached a lot of good/great players in my current 12 year (and ongoing) game.

Granted, I scout every u17 in the country I manage in after every youth intake, so I kinda find all the good kiddies before they break out.

Archived