The QA Team is Hiring!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 months... sounds great guys. Would it be possible if picked to come home end of july weekend for girlfriends birthday?

Also... would it stretch over Aguest 22nd as i'm away to Florida for 2 weeks... just thinking if i can attend before wasting your time.

Well.. Admire the wor what Risto done for SG...

I'm 27 who's on the i-net whole day

and able to make up safe connection with Sports Interactive Office.

Communiticating with UK office isn't a problem. And I'm able to work whole day long, depends what is necessary.

And always done my work even it needs to do some overtime....

always loved manager games and played all EHM's and FM's since CM 93/93

I'm comfortable to use PC, but have learned to use Linux and Mac.

Played manager games since luague soccer manager on c-64. I'm a perfectionist

Written english is good if you demand it, but normally it's jus a fast writing if I spam on SC.

Originally posted by unionjackboy:

3 months... sounds great guys. Would it be possible if picked to come home end of july weekend for girlfriends birthday?

Also... would it stretch over Aguest 22nd as i'm away to Florida for 2 weeks... just thinking if i can attend before wasting your time.

Going home for a weekend wouldn't be a problem and there is also potential for testing to go beyond August. Generally providing we know your holiday dates and intentions in advance, we can find ways to work around that.

Originally posted by Jarkko Anttilainen:

Well.. Admire the wor what Risto done for SG...

I'm 27 who's on the i-net whole day

and able to make up safe connection with Sports Interactive Office.

Communiticating with UK office isn't a problem. And I'm able to work whole day long, depends what is necessary.

And always done my work even it needs to do some overtime....

always loved manager games and played all EHM's and FM's since CM 93/93

I'm comfortable to use PC, but have learned to use Linux and Mac.

Played manager games since luague soccer manager on c-64. I'm a perfectionist

Written english is good if you demand it, but normally it's jus a fast writing if I spam on SC.

The role is based on-site at our office in London, so you would need to be here and unfortunately we don't offer external based testing positions.

Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

I hope, that as part of your recruitment, you are also looking for a computer expert to put some input into your Support for PC Users forum??

every time we look in that forum you've already replied to the threads icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tell me that you will look after the forum and I will happily back out- I was away from the forums for 5 days at the start of April and there was one reply from SI in my absence. I respond in that forum to help others who have not been getting any help in there for months.

If you confirm that SI will cover that forum, I will stop today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FrazT, going forward, this is something we will be looking at improving and we agree it's something we need to do better with. That falls outside of these testing positions though.

We will however always welcome additional assistance, so thank you for the time you've put in there and hopefully you will continue to do so, even when we do make improvements here. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by r0x0r:

Yeah I was only 17 or 18 when i did my time in the test lab...

Shame there's no way I could get 3 months off my job. It's only in Hoxton though, think i could take really long "toilet breaks" both places and hold down both jobs?

If not, you could just come down and watch us through the window icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gudge:

I hope, that as part of your recruitment, you are also looking for a computer expert to put some input into your Support for PC Users forum??

every time we look in that forum you've already replied to the threads icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tell me that you will look after the forum and I will happily back out- I was away from the forums for 5 days at the start of April and there was one reply from SI in my absence. I respond in that forum to help others who have not been getting any help in there for months.

If you confirm that SI will cover that forum, I will stop today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FrazT, going forward, this is something we will be looking at improving and we agree it's something we need to do better with. That falls outside of these testing positions though.

We will however always welcome additional assistance, so thank you for the time you've put in there and hopefully you will continue to do so, even when we do make improvements here. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil- thanks for the reply and I was aware that my original post was a bit tongue in cheek about my pet concern. When I contacted Steve Cox early in February, he advised that SI were looking for a dedicated person to monitor the Support forum and my question was asked because of hearing no other news or input in the forum.

I am happy to help up to a point but feel strongly that people who have just got the game and cant get it to work, for whatever reason, are much more deserving of SI support than they currently get.

I therefore look forward with interest to seeing what your plans are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

We will however always welcome additional assistance, so thank you for the time you've put in there and hopefully you will continue to do so, even when we do make improvements here. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil- thanks for the reply and I was aware that my original post was a bit tongue in cheek about my pet concern. When I contacted Steve Cox early in February, he advised that SI were looking for a dedicated person to monitor the Support forum and my question was asked because of hearing no other news or input in the forum.

I am happy to help up to a point but feel strongly that people who have just got the game and cant get it to work, for whatever reason, are much more deserving of SI support than they currently get.

I therefore look forward with interest to seeing what your plans are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's still the case and it will become more obvious over a period of time. The important thing from our side is that we take our time to get the infrastructure right.

It also ties in with our desire to work closer with the community and improve the general atmosphere and vibe across these forums as well as the experience. For example, we will be moving to new forum software over the coming months but these things do take some time to plan properly and put into place.

This has been hinted at since the "These Forums " thread was opened in GQ about 7 months ago ( it is still opened and should now be closed ) so we are all awaiting developmenst with some anticipation. I will watch this space!

Originally posted by chargreaves:

Do you need any experience in IT to join?

I was thinking of maybe applying in a couple of years time before I go to uni, but I don't have a great knowledge, just very basic HTML knowledge.

It helps if you are competent with using computers but you don't need any in-depth IT experience for this role.

We provide on-site training and guidance for all software we use for development purposes, so successful applicants will be brought up to speed if they've never used them before.

I am currently in my last year at 6th form and am likely off to university at the end o septemeber and will have exams through june.

Basically i could do from about 8th July - 20th Septemeber sort of time periods, was wondering if it is still worth applying with that much time restriction as i don't want to waste too much of your time.

Also how many places are you offering so i get some idea of my chances here icon_smile.gif.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

I am currently in my last year at 6th form and am likely off to university at the end o septemeber and will have exams through june.

Basically i could do from about 8th July - 20th Septemeber sort of time periods, was wondering if it is still worth applying with that much time restriction as i don't want to waste too much of your time.

Also how many places are you offering so i get some idea of my chances here icon_smile.gif.

A lot of the testers we usually get will still be at or about to start Uni and so that won't be a problem.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by macca69:

Im 17, would love to do this, be willing to commute, but I have exams on: June 5th, 6th and the 12th. Also going on holiday from 25th July - 2nd August, should I bother?

Still apply.

As long as people won't be unavailable for a large chunk of the summer then still send in an application.

Originally posted by Olly Kenney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Im 17, would love to do this, be willing to commute, but I have exams on: June 5th, 6th and the 12th. Also going on holiday from 25th July - 2nd August, should I bother?

Still apply.

As long as people won't be unavailable for a large chunk of the summer then still send in an application. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, any chance of the offices postcode icon_smile.gif

I second what DJ Complete asked...could you at least give a pay bracket please, so I can decide whether worth leaving current job.

Also as my current job is actually a software tester (by the way I have industry standard testing qualification icon_wink.gif), would that be looked on as 'pretty favourable' or even an advantage?

cheers

Originally posted by Scott Harwood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Yeah I was only 17 or 18 when i did my time in the test lab...

Shame there's no way I could get 3 months off my job. It's only in Hoxton though, think i could take really long "toilet breaks" both places and hold down both jobs?

If not, you could just come down and watch us through the window icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have windows? DAYUM! When I did testing we didn't get to see sunlight.

*sigh*

The younger generation has it so easy...

Qikdraw

Originally posted by Bass_line88:

I second what DJ Complete asked...could you at least give a pay bracket please, so I can decide whether worth leaving current job.

Also as my current job is actually a software tester (by the way I have industry standard testing qualification icon_wink.gif), would that be looked on as 'pretty favourable' or even an advantage?

cheers

You really have to think before making that kind of commitment. There is nothing to stop you applying, if you get selected for an interview we will talk about the situation then.

It's not case of you having to quit your job and then apply. You can apply and if selected have an interview and then decide.

Having experience in a test environment is a plus on your CV.

Originally posted by kennethlee:

could you provide any information on the salary on these testingjobs?

It says already on this page that the salary would be discussed with any successful applicants.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by ecurran:

when will you inform the applicants if they have been selected for interview??

We will invite applicants for interviews after the closing date for applications has passed, but there is no set date. If you do not get an invite straight away it will not mean that you definately won't be invited.

Originally posted by darshie76:

Does it works if i am in CA?

I'm not totally sure what you mean?

Uhm, you DID see the smiley he put in his post, right?

Sorry for the double post but ive sent the email 5 times and i keep getting this back.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

recruitment-qa@sigames.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 501 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail ® from <devro.weapon@gmail.com> to <recruitment-qa@sigames.com> for wf-out-1314.google.com. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)

I have a splendid idea! Relocate your offices to Oslo, Norway! Seriously, though, I'd die for this job. Sort me up with a mattress in your office, a newish telly, and a choice between 3-4 girls, and I'm there. Oh, and a 3-month supply of food, a pack of Marlboros a day, and free STD tests now and then.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Devro:

Sorry for the double post but ive sent the email 5 times and i keep getting this back.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

recruitment-qa@sigames.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 501 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail ® from <devro.weapon@gmail.com> to <recruitment-qa@sigames.com> for wf-out-1314.google.com. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)

We were having a problem with the mail account earlier. Try again now as it should be fixed icon14.gif

Why are people having to resend their applications?

I sent mine about a week before the deadline but got no acknowledgement. However I also didn't receive any error message of any sort when I sent it, so can I assume its been received ok?

Archived