[FM13] You Don't Win Anything With Kids...Honest!

DazRTaylor

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WREXHAM

Wrexham_FC.png

0.jpg

Club - Wrexham.

Nation - Wales (though they play in the English league system).

League - Blue Square Premier (fifth tier).

Stadium - The Racecourse Ground, Wrexham.

Capacity - 15,500 (10,500 seated).

Corporate Facilities - Average.

Training Facilities - Good.

Youth Facilities - Basic.

Youth Training Category - 3.

Junior Coaching - Adequate.

Youth Recruitment - Average.

Media Prediction - 2nd.

My expectation - 2nd. Absolutely no reason why not.

Transfer Budget - £57,000. I may well reinvest this into the wage budget.

Wage Budget - 24,210 per week,

Current Wage Bill - £23,659 per week.

League Table

We lie in 13th place but if you look closer, we are hard to beat. Too many draws, yes, but if we can turn them into wins, we will rise up the table.

bluesquarebetpremierove.png

Squad

Some decent players but I feel a clearout coming in January.

wrexhamsquadplayers.png

Good move!! Should think they will have good youth recruitment too!

Thanks mate. :)

Goodluck with your new job! I can see why you left. I credit you for the patience you have. I think I couldn't deal with a chairman like that on that level

Cheers - he is a moron. Simple as that! :)

Best of luck at Wrexham,will be interesting to see how you will do with one of the exile clubs.

The squad is not too bad and I have scope to bring in some fresh faces. Also, if I can shift a lot of the deadwood out, it would mean I can bring even more quality to the club. Should this happen, I would like to get to League One with them, minimum.

Very well done winning the title in your first season, hopefully you'll be successful at Wrexham.

Cheers Mark. :)

Gartside seems to pop up in a few saves as a new chairman.

Is he an idiot in all of them? :D

DECEMBER 2013

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

Although the club had five matches in December, I was in charge for only four of them as my tenure began with a draw at Lincoln City. Two wins and another draw, this time at league leaders Oxford United, rounded off the month.

wrexhamfixturesschedule.png

League Table

Despite gaining eight points from our four matches, we have only moved up one place, to 12th.

Players In

No one joined the club this month.

Players Out

wrexhamtransfershistory.png

Two players have left the club this month as I found them clubs in the sixth tier or lower, as they do not have a transfer window.

JANUARY 2014

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

A great month with five wins from five as the new signings clicked straight away.

League Table

Our rise up the table continued as we now sit in seventh place and within touching distance of the playoffs.

bluesquarebetpremieroveh.png

Players In

As expected, quite a few new faces were signed to improve the squad and to give the club a great grounding for a promotion push.

Permanent Signings

Paul Wotton - Ageing midfielder signed because I want him as my Assistant Manager and he would only sign for a joint player/staff role. Needless to say, he won't be playing much. A free transfer signing.

Tim Matthys - 30 year old Belgian right winger who was released by Mons in the summer. He would only join if he was also an Assistant Manager, so now I have two! Genuine quality, though.

Salim Moizini - Comoros international right winger signed on a free transfer after being released by French side Bastia in the summer. Holds a French passport.

Tom De Sutter - Sensational signing. The biggest signing in the history of Wrexham FC. Aged only 28 and a full international for Belgium, he wanted to join the club because I have also made him the Reserves Manager. Far too good for this league, he should score for fun. Signed on a free transfer after his release by Anderlecht in the summer.

Hélder Costa - Teenage Angolan, who holds a Portuguese passport, signs on a free transfer after being released by Benfica in the summer. Equally adept on the right wing as on the left. He will play on the left wing for me.

Julian Jeanvier - 21 year old French right back signed on a free transfer after his Nancy contract expired in the summer. One for the future, I have brought him in to develop and to add some depth to the squad.

Henri Toivomaki - Finnish right back, signed on a free transfer after his summer release from Ajax. Still only 22 years of age.

Peter van Ooijen - 21 year old Dutch central midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by PSV in the summer.

Simone Sini - Released by Bari in the summer, this 21 year old Italian left back oozes quality and signs on a free transfer.

Dwayn Holter - Teenage Lumembourg international midfielder signed on a free transfer after he was released by Greuther Furth in the summer. One for the future.

Tim-Oliver Hiemer - 18 year old German goalkeeper signed on a free transfer and will be used as the backup. Was released by Borussia Moenchengladbach in the summer.

Loan Signings

Adda Djeziri - 25 year old Danish striker signed on a three month loan deal from Championship side Blackpool

Alex Bruce - Experienced Northern Irish international central defender signed on a three month loan deal from Championship side Hull City.

Scott Allan - 22 year old Scotland Under 21 international central midfielder arrives on loan for the rest of the season from Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.

Stephen Foster - Vastly experienced central defender who also signs from Championship outfit Hull City on loan for the rest of the season.

Players Out

Ten players left the club permanently and two more left on loan. This was vital to free up the wages for my influx of fresh blood.

FEBRUARY 2014

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

Only three matches and all were at home. We won all three to take our run to eight consecutive league wins.

League Table

Due to another perfect month, we have risen to fourth and are very well plaved. My new signings are very good indeed!

Players In

Philip Roberts - Teenage striker signed on loan from Arsenal for three months for the promotion run in.

Players Out

Two more fringe players left for other clubs on free transfers this month.

Good luck with Wrexham, they seem to have the potential to go far.

How you got De Sutter i don't know :D Thats the most insane purchase i've ever seen at this level even if his wages are rather high.

He appeared on the filter for "Coach" on staff search screen. I went for him and he wanted more than that - I have no issues as he is just awesome in the Blue Square Premier. :D

MARCH 2014

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

Although our winning run came to an end, we are still unbeaten under my tenure.

League Table

We are now third and chasing second. We cannot win the league but we can cement second place.

bluesquarebetpremierovei.png

Players In

Keith Treacy - Republic of Ireland international left sided midfielder has been signed on a three month loan to boost this weak area in the squad. His parent club is Premier League side Burnley.

Players Out

No one has left the club this month.

APRIL 2014

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

We finished the regular season well and remained unbeaten. We played Stockport County over two legs in the promotion playoffs and won this tie over the two legs, by an aggregate score of 4-1.

League Table

We finished in second place in the regular season and thus qualified for the promotion playoffs.

bluesquarebetpremieroved.png

Players In

Players Out

MAY 2014

Wrexham_FC.png

Results

Just the one game, the playoff final against Cambridge United. We won a very tight match 1-0 to seal promotion. So we play in the Football League next season!

League Table

The regular season was already over, but here is the table confirming my promotion.

bluesquarebetpremieroveo.png

Players In

Players Out

END OF SEASON 2013-14 REVIEW

Wrexham_FC.png

COMPETITIONS

League

Steady progress was made throughout my time at the club and we finished in second place, qualifying for the promotion playoffs.

bluesquarebetpremieroveo.png

Playoffs

Stockport County were beaten over two legs leading to a payoff final against Cambridge United. We won a tight and dour match to seal promotion.

Cup Competitions

F. A. Cup - We were eliminated in the first round, losing 1-0 away to League One side Crawley Town.

F. A. Trophy - We were eliminated in the first round, losing 2-0 at Blue Square North outfit Colwyn Bay.

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

One of the only player to stay with the club for virtually the whole season, Cameroonian goalkeeper Joslain Mayebi won quite a few points on his own. An excellent goalkeeper.

Special Mention

We only had him for three and a half months, but Scottish central midfielder Scott Allan was sublime. If only we could afford him permanently!

CAREER HISTORY

[u][b]Season     Team                      League                      Final Position          Notes & Highlights[/b][/u]
2012-13    Gainsborough Trinity      Blue Square North                 1st (P)           Appointed 21 October 2012.  17th on arrival.
2013-14    Gainsborough Trinity      Blue Square Premier              18th*              Resigned 14 August 2013.
2013-14    Wrexham                   Blue Square Premier               2nd (P)           Appointed 5 December 2013.  14th on arrival.  Promoted via the playoffs.

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Gainsborough Trinity

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup           Johnstone's Paint Trophy/F. A. Trophy[/b][/u]
2012-13             N/a               N/a               1st Blue Square South           4th qualifying round           N/a               Semi final
2013-14             N/a               N/a              20th Blue Square Premier         1st round                      N/a               1st round

Archived