Finding Santa's Little Elves - Santa Claus' Youth Challenge

Makoto Nakamura

Harju is a beast and that pacey midfielder is great. Well done on promotion and your great cup form. Don't think playing Paul Nakamura for England is a good idea and lets face it, he isn't going to be very good. If I get a son in-game, I hope it's a world class goalkeeper. And more importantly consistent *stares at ter Stegen*.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Santa Claus - Veikkausliiga - 2026

League Table

League Positions Graph

A much better season! We were consistent, but consistently good this time and we were only 1 point off 4th and European competition.

Suomen Cup - We started in the 7th Round this season and ended up losing 1-0 in the Final to now 16 time winners HJK.

Liigacup - Again got further than last season losing in the Semi-Final to MYPA.

Squad - I don't know what to put for squad, the same as last year just better.

Finances - Improved a lot but still in the red.

Key Players:

Jesse Harju (YP13) - Age 18 and already capped by Finland, he will be a star, I just hope it'll be with us.

Joonas Syäjärvi (YP10) - Still improving a lot and now has 7 caps as well.

Son Watch:

Paul Nakamura - Played poorly in the team but made 2 international appearances, against France & Brazil and got a 7.2 average rating!

Season|         League          | Position  |  Suomen Cup  |   Achievements   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                  |
2013  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                  |
2014  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                  |
2015  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                  |
2016  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                  |
2017  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  6th Round   |                  |
2018  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                  |
2019  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  5th Round   |Lost Playoff Final|
2020  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  7th Round   |     Promoted     |
2021  |Ykkönen                  |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                  |
2022  |Ykkönen                  |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                  |
2023  |Ykkönen                  |   1st     | Semi-Finals  |     Promoted     |
2024  |Veikkausliiga            |   11th    |Quarter Finals|     Survived     |
2025  |Veikkausliiga            |   10th    | Semi-Finals  |                  |
2026  |Veikkausliiga            |   5th     |    Finals    |                  |

FC Santa Claus - Veikkausliiga - 2027

League Table

League Positions Graph

We've qualified for European competition! Our defence was very leaky but that didn't matter since we scored the most in the league.

Suomen Cup - Lost in the 6th Round to Ilves.

Liigacup - Out in the Quarter Finals.

Squad - We may have been top scorers, but our strikers are lacking potential.

Finances - As one of Keane songs lyrics say 'Ooh we're tumbling down, we're spiraling!'.

Key Players:

Jesse Harju (YP13) - Scored twice for Finland and got a whopping 20 assists for us.

Jari Kiviharju (YP7) - Top scorer with 20 goals.

Son Watch:

Paul Nakamura - Became a starting DL for us and got a 2nd goal for England, admittedly it was in an 11-1 thrashing of Tonga.

Season|         League          | Position  |  Suomen Cup  |   Achievements     |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                    |
2013  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2014  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                    |
2015  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2016  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2017  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2018  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2019  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  5th Round   | Lost Playoff Final |
2020  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  7th Round   |      Promoted      |
2021  |Ykkönen                  |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2022  |Ykkönen                  |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2023  |Ykkönen                  |   1st     | Semi-Finals  |      Promoted      |
2024  |Veikkausliiga            |   11th    |Quarter Finals|      Survived      |
2025  |Veikkausliiga            |   10th    | Semi-Finals  |                    |
2026  |Veikkausliiga            |   5th     |    Finals    |                    |
2027  |Veikkausliiga            |   3rd     |  6th Round   |Europe Qualification|

England_crest_2009.svg

England - 2027 Review

gyU3e.png?1

mj5zj.png?1

A great year to be English, even if they were all friendlies, the highlight being a 7-2 win over Morocco and 3-1 wins over Brazil & Spain as the American Samoa & Tonga games were just ones to get Risha to get closer to the 100 goals mark, there was 1 record broken this year by 35 year old Phil Jones who become the most capped Englishman of all time beating Wayne Rooney's record of 161 caps as Phil now has 164 caps.

2028 sees England host the European Championships and we're placed in Group F with Turkey, Norway & Serbia.

Finland are placed in Group B with Portugal, Denmark & Bulgaria so hopefully they can steal a 2nd place spot.

Well done on making the Europa League. You need a few more Harju's, though. Also, well done at the Euros and did you play Paul Nakamura? If so it goes from well done to lucky scrape in my books.

Paul started every game except for the Final where he came on as a 65th minute substitute!

makoto if your winning whilst playing your son for england whats the harm in playing him or atleast having him in the squad maybe on the bench.

Also unlucky losing (YP10), is there a replacement in the squad or youths.

I might just put him in the squad for the main competition and leave him out of the qualifiers, I'm not sure yet though. I have a 27 year old replacement but he's nowhere near as good.

Always loved these type of stories, hopefully it goes for as long as Tord one did :p

Hopefully it can, that was perhaps the Youth Challenge that started it off wanting me to have a try!

That loan could really cripple you. Kuusisto looks like he could be quality (not Harju quality though). What's with all the Albanians anyway?

One of our scouts has a good knowledge of Albania, that's just about the only reason I can think of for it happening.

FC Santa Claus - Veikkausliiga - 2028

League Table

League Positions Graph

We've won it!! We won the title at the 5th attempt which saw FC Inter, HJK & us form a breakaway mini-league we were that far ahead of the rest.

Suomen Cup - Massive loss to FC Inter in the 7th Round.

Liigacup - Failed to get out of the groups.

Europa League - Lost in the 2nd Qualifying Round to a surprisingly strong Mlada Bolesav.

Squad - Still need more quality strikers and we lose (YP10) with no-one to plug the gap...

Finances - The bank loans have cleared all debt, but we'll be paying it back for the nest 25 years...

Key Players:

Sauli Jääsklä (YP8a) - Been top class for us and amazed that he's never been called up to the Finland squad.

Jari Kiviharju (YP7) - Scored 2 less than last season but still finished as the top scorer, by some way too.

Son Watch:

Paul Nakamura - Probably won't improve too much now and I'm not too sure exactly on what to do with him regarding England.

Season|         League          | Position  |  Suomen Cup  |   Achievements     |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                    |
2013  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2014  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   7th     |  5th Round   |                    |
2015  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2016  |Kakkonen Lohko Pohjoinen |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2017  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   3rd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2018  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2019  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  5th Round   | Lost Playoff Final |
2020  |Kakkonen Lohko Etela     |   1st     |  7th Round   |      Promoted      |
2021  |Ykkönen                  |   2nd     |  6th Round   |                    |
2022  |Ykkönen                  |   3rd     |  4th Round   |                    |
2023  |Ykkönen                  |   1st     | Semi-Finals  |      Promoted      |
2024  |Veikkausliiga            |   11th    |Quarter Finals|      Survived      |
2025  |Veikkausliiga            |   10th    | Semi-Finals  |                    |
2026  |Veikkausliiga            |   5th     |    Finals    |                    |
2027  |Veikkausliiga            |   3rd     |  6th Round   |Europe Qualification|
2028  |Veikkausliiga            |   1st     |  7th Round   |   League Winners   |

England_crest_2009.svg

England - 2028 Review

d70Bz.png?1

VHnx6.png?1

Does anyone have the record for most goals scored by a national team in a calendar year? If not then I should definitely have it haha! without the lower league friendlies we scored 51 goals, with the 3 friendlies we scored a massive 71! The best results being the 7-1 win against Norway, the 5-2 win over Italy and the 3-3 friendly with Germany since they have 3 of the top 6 six players in the world including a 36 year old Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

I'm amazed how good you are at this sort of thing!

I fail miserably when trying to do a normal career or a journeyman! :p

Well done on the league, CL money and upgrading the facilities. You aren't looking favourably at Palosaari, though, he's threatening your son. I reckon he should start right away, though.

He'll be the starting DL, Paul is currently rotating DL & DLC so he still has some part even if it is as a rotation.

makoto I was thinking of doing a save like this. Is there any tips you could give me?

Well the obvious things would be that you need a hell of a lot of patience and very little in the way of expectations I would also try to pick a club which will end up having some meaning to you. I choose clubs based on a big number of things which are any of these;

• A great name
  • Good logo or kit colours
  • This one may just be my most likely personal preference, but I like clubs which are 'Northernmost, Easternmost, Southernmost, Westernmost or very remote in their countries so I won't take charge of barely any big clubs

One mistake I made was upgrading our Junior Coaching too much to quickly and the result has left us repaying a loan for the next 25 years so if Finances aren't to great then make gradual improvements.

congrats on Champions League - amazing that you've managed it with no upgrades until now (assuming I've read that right?)

Thanks b101, the only upgrades I've had up until now was the Junior Coaching.

FC Santa Claus - Veikkausliiga - 2029

League Table

League Positions Graph

Even though we 'only' finished 3rd we did very well to only finish 2 points off the top as at one point of the season, the week we were in 4th, we were a massive 18 points off the leaders!

Suomen Cup - 18 seasons on and I still can't win this trophy, 4-0 loss to HJK.

Liiga Cup - Lost to Honka in the Quarter Final.

Champions League - Did amazingly well to make the Group stage although we lost every game and set a new record for most goals conceded.

Squad - We have a very good core of players and hopefully the standard will get even higher soon.

Finances - For once we're not in the red but all the Champions League money has basically gone to the new stadium.

Key Players:

Jesse Harju (YP13) - 21 years old, 25 caps for Finland. Set a record for amount of assists in the league and has thankfully signed a contract until 2034.

Pauli Vatanen (YP14) - Been on loan at RoPs who are our parent club for the last 2 seasons but when I finally got to choose him this season he didn't disappoint scoring 24 goals.

Son Watch:

Paul Nakamura - Been rotating around the Defence wherever he's needed, added a Confederations Cup medal to his achievements.

2028  |Veikkausliiga            |   1st     |  7th Round   |   League Winners   |
2029  |Veikkausliiga            |   3rd     |  7th Round   |                    |

England_crest_2009.svg

England - 2029 Review

FsYks.png?1

n1WDW.png?1

Another high scoring year sees us scoring 78 goals in 15 games, I've decided that I will resign from England when Rishi Modha retires from international football so most likely that will be after the next European Championship or Confederations Cup as he is 32 now.

Archived