Is FM13 slow?

I just wanted to ask if the new game is slow to play and load.

Seems by some of the comments that it is.

I have a powerful laptop a quad core one, shouldn't it be able to handle it?

Try the demo- there are many factors that determine game speed and it is not just the computer specs- game set up. database, detail level, other applications running etc will all affect the speed.

Mine seems slower than it should. Its taking about 15 seconds a day, yet never using anymore than 15% processing power.

I did go well past the recommended but I should expect my comp to perform better than the recommended.

When you watch every game in full it doesn't matter how slow the parts are inbetween :brock:

I started off that way, but after watching the players slowly stroll to the corner flag every time like a snail annoyed me after one game.

Try the demo- there are many factors that determine game speed and it is not just the computer specs- game set up. database, detail level, other applications running etc will all affect the speed.

But why is it more slower in the new one.

I don't really have slowness in fm12.

Well, there are 2 two things that need to be taken into account surrounding your question. The obvious one is about your computer and how fast it can process the game.

The other thing is that FM13 fastness depends also into how you play the game, and I mean the full version of the game. I am managing 4 teams at the moment but I dont watch matches at slow speeds as it would take to long. I play matches at the highest speed with only commentaries. There are many tricks to playing FM13 faster if you need that, all ranging from letting the assistant do the talking to the media etc.

I have got to say I find FM13 very quick

I have an i5 and 3gb memory, so not the quickest laptop ever. I have all the logo/facepacks etc installed.

One thing I would recommend for any user. Format your laptop (please make sure you save any important data externally) and reinstall a fresh verison of windows. It makes such a huge difference

I seem to be finding FM13 is quicker than FM12 on my laptop. I can't remember my exact league set up on 12, but it was similar to the one I'm using atm on 13 and this version seems quicker. As mentioned earlier on this thread by someone, it depends on league set up, detail level, database size etc

Archived