Dont Believe The Hype - Kettering Town

Hypanimz

Great progress! Any screens of Moran's history page? His goals per game ratio at the club must be crazy and I'm guessing the club's all time record goalscorer too. You both must be club legends surely?

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I'm not even an Icon. Just favoured personnel. Moran on the otherhand is a club legend.

Moran History - Club Information - Player Records

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great progress, Putting others to shame

Thank you very much. I wouldnt agree about putting others to shame. I've just had alot of free time to put into it since beta was released. Others will outshine me sooner or later as I'm back to work tomorrow.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2021/22

We survived and in the end it was fairly comfortable. Oustanding achievement overall to finish 10th. Got to consolidate our position next season. I dont want second season syndrome.

League Table

Past Positions

I'm shocked we survived. Early on we looked certain for relegation as we played poorly. We found our feet eventually and picked up some points. We had a bad spell in the second half of the season and we looked in danger of being dragged into a relegation fight but we got the points we needed.

Cups - FA Cup 3rd round exit to Liverpool and Capital Cup 2nd round exit to Aston Villa. Not worried as I didnt want a cup run. I wanted to focus on the league.

Squad - My squad was fantastic. The new players took a while to settle in but once they did they made all the difference.

Transfers - I brought in some very good players and in total only spent £11.75m. Need to improve for next season still.

Finances - We made a £53.55m profit. We will be putting £4m into the youth set up and £5m into expanding the stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Flood - Beat Andy Cole's Premier League goal record. scored 41 in 41. Unreal.

Tim Canning - Brought in January and kept Moran out of the side. 11 goals in 17.

Simon Lenighan - Surprised how fell he played. Wasn't in my plans but forced his way in.

Agron Lazarev - Club record signing. Missed a long time through injury but played well.

Saso Bilic - £3m January transfer. 6 assists in 17 games from left wing.

Really pleased to survive and to make a massive profit. Hope we dont suffer second season syndrome.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final
2019/20         League 1              3rd               Promoted Playoffs
2020/21         Championship          2nd               Promoted
2021/22         Premier League        10th              

Well done on staying up. Now you have second season syndrome to look forward to :D.

Thank you :D I hope we dont have second season syndrome! The board have just confirmed that they are expanding the stadium by 6353 seats. The good news is we will have a 19060 capacity stadium once it is completed and the even better news is that it will take 11 months and we will be back sharing the King Power Stadium. Massive gate receipts again next season :D

Amazing job keeping them up. Europa league on the cards next perhaps?

Thanks you. I dont think so. I just want to survive again. I'm in the process of improving my squad. £20m transfer budget to have some fun with.

Even more money possibly \o/ Comepleting dafuge's challenge before the full game is out?

Im afraid not. Back to work tomorrow so only likely to complete 2 seasons a week max now. Will be a while until I complete it. Anyway when I do I've got alot more planned for this career.

Just got back on here after a weekend away watching a very different type of football to find you've stormed ahead into Europe! Very impressive stuff, although it is gutting you won't complete the challenge before the games release on Friday.

Love that Moran has been with you all the way, despite that dodgy spell when he wanted to leave.

Thanks to all of you for your messages.

Congrats on surviving and qualifying for Europe,remarkable achievement for your first season in top flight.

It was very lucky that we had a good disciplinary record and reached Europe. I cant imagine we will be in Europe next season.

Charmed career this one

Very much so. I cant believe how lucky its been.

Great job making it to the PL so soon!

Thank you very much. Just got to make sure we dont suffer second season syndrome now.

holy crap I don't check in for a few days and you are Premier League!

Nice work matey

I have to say its been a remarkable rise. Its the 1st time in any FM I've gone straight up from the Championship. I usually end up spending about 4/5 seasons there.

Just got back on here after a weekend away watching a very different type of football to find you've stormed ahead into Europe! Very impressive stuff, although it is gutting you won't complete the challenge before the games release on Friday.

Love that Moran has been with you all the way, despite that dodgy spell when he wanted to leave.

I'm not to worried that I wont complete it before Friday as that was never the aim. I aim to play this career until FM14 is released and I have many ideas to keep it interesting.

Unfortunately Moran is now my weakest striker so wont be getting much game time unless there is a injury crisis. I just cant sell him as he is such a legend. Ideally I would like him to see out his career with us but it will probably not be possible as he is still only 25.

Well European football just wasn't meant to be this early. Knocked out on penalties to St. Johnstone in the second qualifying round.

First Leg

Second Leg

I'm annoyed that we didnt make the group stage but clearly we were not ready for this. The bright side is that it will allow me to fully concentrate on the Premier League.

This is the first time I have been offered another job... Its a big one.

Surprised no-one had tried to take a gamble on you when you were in the lower leagues and your first offer is the big one! Are you going to take it? Would be hard to turn down but then again you've taken Kettering to the Premier League, you can't split your attention now you're in Europe :p

Surprised no-one had tried to take a gamble on you when you were in the lower leagues and your first offer is the big one! Are you going to take it? Would be hard to turn down but then again you've taken Kettering to the Premier League, you can't split your attention now you're in Europe :p

Well I'm no longer in Europe and its still pre season so my European adventure didnt last very long. I turnt it downas I plan something much bigger with the England team but I wont be ready for at least another 10-15 seasons minimum. Slaven Bilic resigned as the Man United manager to take the England job.

Pre-Season 2022/23

Survival last season was a amazing achievement this season I want to consolidate and survive again. I've been busy in the transfer market. I was given £20m to spend on new players and a wage budget of £315k p/w. I believe I have improved my squad from last year. I hope they gel and hopefully we will survive again.

Transfers In

Eight new signings this summer. Caldarella has permanantly signed after impressing on loan last season. His contract had expired at Juventus so this is a great free transfer. Also coming in on a free was a back up English goalkeeper and a young French striker who looks very exciting. My main signings were a 20 year old central midfielder/striker from IFK Goteborg who looks fantastic value at £2m. A 21 year old German centre back for £4.9m from Austria Wien, a 20 year old Danish left back from Brondby for £750k and a 19 year old Uruguayan central midfielder who equalled my club record with a £5.5m move from Red Star Belgrade. My final transfer was a loan move for a 21 year old Italian defender who can play centre or left back with a future fee of £6.5m agreed.

Seven players left the club as they didnt have Premier League quality. Sad to see Abdulai Bell-Baggie leave as he was fantastic when fit.

Pre-season didnt go as planned as we got knocked out of the Europa League in the second qualifying round. The friendlies we were unbeaten against lower league opposition and we recorded a comfortable 3-1 win over ADO Den Haag.

Aims

Survive.

Make Profit.

Great win against City!

Thanks. over the last few seasons they have really started to struggle. We finished higher than them last season surprisingly.

Huge result against Man City!!!! Hopefully continue pushing up the ranks and into the upper reaches of the EPL.....those results certainly get bums on seats!!!

We are getting massive crowds at the moment which will change when we go back to our stadium. Unfortunately we are throwing to many leads away. We score enough goals but we concede far too many so we are just above the relegation zone with 9 games gone. I'm going to try to make a new tactic which will make us more solid defensively.

You have done really well to get to this point so quickly. My experience with this sort of challenge is this last hurdle can cometimes be the hardest to overcome.

Unlucky in Europe mate.

Thanks buddy. I completely agree. I can usually make it up to the Premier League within 10 seasons but the hardest part is to kick on from there. On FM12 and FM13 it took me over 8 years to get into Champions League from first getting promoted into the Premier League. I find once you hit Champions League your nearly there as then you can attract the best talent.

Mid - Season Update 2022/23

League Table

Squad

We won our first game of the season 3-1 against Watford but then lost our next 4 in a row before hammering Man Ciry 4-0. After this we didnt win for another 4 games and I thought we were in for a long hard season. The turning point was a 3-1 victory over Nottingham Forest as we then won 7 out of the next 8. We currently sit in 10th position on 28 points. Hopefully we can push on again and hit the 40 points as soon as possible. All I want is survival again.

Knocked out of all cup competitions aready but I'm not dissapointed as I want to focus solely on the league.

Lets hope we kick on in the second half of the season!

Another solid season - you keep turning up those massive profits, and you will be able to sign the type of players that will shoot you up the league before long!

Thanks buddy. Just got to make sure we dont fall down the league in the second half of the season. This season we wont make a ridiculous profit like last season as I have spent £20m on transfers. Currently on a £6m loss for the season.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2022/23

Fantastic season. Really pleased that we finished 6th. I wanted to make sure we didnt suffer second season syndome. I never expected to improve on last season.

League Table

Past Positions

We looked like a Premier League team. We didnt start strongly but soon picked up after the first 9 games. After Christmas we only lost 6 of our remaining games of the season. It was extremely comfortable as I looked to survive again. Really pleased with our performance.

Cups - Early exits in the Europa League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup. Not worried as wanted to focus solely on the league.

Squad - Beginning to look like a Premier League squad. I could do with some more English talent and maybe a new goalkeeper but other than that very pleased.

Transfers - Standout signings without a doubt were Dahl and Panella who was a club record £6.75m fee. Unfortunately we lost Jabbari to West Ham after they activated his release clause.

Finances - Only a £15.1m profit this season. But we paid £20m in transfers fees and alot more in wages. Very pleased that we have £44.1m in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Flood - 34 goals in all competitions. Would of been more but missed last 5 games through injury.

Kristoffer Dahl - £2m summer signing. Scored 17 and set up 11 as my second striker.

Jorge Martinez - £5.5m summer transfer. 8 assists and 3 goals. Classy midfielder.

Ernesto Panella - Club record signing. Main reason why we defended much better than last season.

Fantastic season overall. Looking forward to improving my side over the summer and hopefully having another comfortable season next year.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final
2019/20         League 1              3rd               Promoted Playoffs
2020/21         Championship          2nd               Promoted
2021/22         Premier League        10th              
2022/23         Premier League        6th

Excellent progress made,maybe nextseason you can qualify for the Champions League.

You never know with how this career has gone so far. I would be happy with a mid table position just to consolidate and look to push on from there.

You can be very proud of theseason - your squad really came together. I expect the board will give you somenice spending money this offseason, too!

They did very well this season. We always start slow but I think thats down to the squad gelling together. £22m this summer. I've already got a keeper and a centre back. Working out what to improve next.

Now you have to becareful of third season syndrome

Hah. I hope not. I would like to think we are a Premier League side now.

Pre-Season 2023/24

Sixth place last year was a real shock. This season the board want a mid-table finish. I would be happy with this as well. I think we are capable of having a comfortable season. The board gave me £18m for new players. I've brought in a young goalkeeper with massive potential. Not ready to play yet but will possibly be our number 1 for many years in the future. I brought in a new centre back to replace Jabbari who left last winter. Also coming in was a 17 year old English right back from Celtic for a club record £8m. I've been scouting him since he was 15 and I'm glad to finally get him. My last signing was a new right winger to replace Lazarev who was sold to Norwich for £10.5m. An offer I couldnt turn down when I could replace him with a better player for only £5m.

Pre-season went well. We had a 0-0 draw with Anderlecht and lost 3-1 to Wolfsburg but we also beat Dusseldorf and Sparta Prague comfortably and we also beat Crawley.

My team is largely the same as last season and I'm hoping that we can start quickly unlike our last 2 seasons where our players have still been getting use to each other.

Aims

Mid Table (8th-15th)

Make A Cup Semi-Final

Why are there only 3 CL spots?
I'm not sure why it only shows 3. We have 4 spots still. I took the screenshot after the final game of the season had finished and a few days later I got some news that Arsenal had qualified for the Champions League. Possibly it depended on the result of the Champions League final.

Mid - Season Update 2023/24

League Table

Squad

Very promising start of the season. We currently sit in 6th position and we have been in the Champions Leagues spots as well so hopefully we can push on and have a good second half of the season. My new goalkeeper who has just turnt 18 has established himself as my new number 1 as Jakobsson performed poorly in my first two games so he was dropped. Flood cant stop scoring. He has 29 in 22 so far this season.

Dissapointed to get knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the 4th round. I really wanted a cup run. Hopefully we can get it in the FA Cup

Lets see how the season plays out. Can we get a European spot?

Archived