So, hows your FM Career going?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

See, the game is good isnt it lol. What other game could you play this much. Check my thread out mate, some people have ruined it by having a go at me for playing FM up until 2023 but ignore them.

Just probly amateurs at the game, all they need is to play the game for a while to become masters icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:D its all good in the hood lol

even though there are some well documented bugs in 08 it's actually my favourite FM probably because i have a new laptop and can finally run a few leagues at once haha

I began as Ireland Manager (If they gave Stan the job I can have it lol) qualified comfortably for 2008 and reached the semi's knocking out england on peno's in the qrtrs (delighted) I'm in 2016 now and have managed Ireland(semi final euro 2008!!), France, Brazil(confederations and World cup 2014 champs), Spain(Euro 2016 semi's) and I'm back at Ireland again, i've also managed aston villa, arsenal (won the treble lost in uefa cup semis and then won the league) they kept stalling on offering me a contract and wouldn't give me more money so i resigned),Liverpool and Man City. I'm the only World Class manager left in the game I'm in 2017 now and loving it although i wish i had have loaded more leagues.

Started yet another career unemployed in Argentina.

Just went on holiday and applied for any jobs that came up, and in about March/Apirl 08, got an offer from underperfoming Chacarita in the 2nd Division.

I won 8/8 matches remaining in the season, but only managed to move up from 13th to 9th.

Due to a tiny wage budget and absolutely no transfer fees, I struggled to bring players in. However, I did manage to get some good players in on frees. A couple of games after the season began, the board intervened on several offers for my fantastic RB. He had immense stats, and was only 23. I didn't think I could keep him much longer, but he ended up going for a measly £170,000, even though I put an asking price of £2.5 million on him. And with only 20% transfer revenue, I only got £35k to spend on transfers.

Despite having barely any money, the board wanted me to be promoted at the minimum. After about 10 games in charge, I was 7th, after a 2-2 draw with a club named Tigre thanks to 97th minute goal for them in injury time.

Was surprised to see after the match I was sacked! icon_frown.gif

So off to the job centre! But in the end, it turned out my sacking was a blessing in disguise...

A couple of weeks after I was sacked, I automatically applied for several jobs, and after being rejected by seveal struggling Premier Division sides, I was offered that job at....Tigre!

Quite ironic really that I was to join the team that lost me my job! But they were in a great situation. £1 million spending money, some immense players, including a potential wonderkid (Jose San Roman, even though he is only on loan) and 2nd place in the league.

Still confused as to why their manager was sacked, the target for the club was to finish mid-table, the media predicted a 14th place position, and yet they were in the promotion spot. Still I seized at the chance, and after about 8-10 games in charge (haven't been on in a few days!) I'm top of the table and unbeaten. Mainly down to the brilliance of on-loan striker Sebastian Ereros, who is league top scorer.

I also signed a couple of players. My first aquisitions were two young loanees from River Plate. Rodrigo Acosta, an attacking midfielder who is playing brilliantly at ther moment. And a back-up striker who's name escapes me at the moment.

My two permenent signings both came from non-league C.A.I de Chubut. Luis Escalada, who I had on last year's FM, was bought for £180k and has done brilliantly for my reserves, scoring an absolutely peach in his first game. He's now been put in the starting 11 and I have high hopes for the young attacking midfielder/striker.

My other signing striker Jorge Villigas, a 25 year old striker with very good finishing/compusure. Scored on his debut for the club and am hoping that him and Ereros will form a good partnership up front and lead me to the Premier Divison.

Thats all folks, will post an update in a couple of days if this thread is still alive! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Millsy111:

Sorry for the numerous grammar and spelling errors chaps! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you used punctuation. icon14.gif

After taking over at Rochdale who were adrift at the bottom of league 2 I managed to keep them up against the odds largely due to the inspired loan signing of Daniel Jones from Wolves (16 assists, 7 goals in 20 odd matches, not bad for a left winger). The next season started badly but I recovered enough to get into a position for an assault on the play offs. Despite my lack of funds I turned down an approach from Championship Watford as I felt the timing was wrong, but my season petered out due to inconsistency and we finished in mid table. The next season started with very little money again but after some quality signings in the summer on frees we got off to a fantastic start. Then my star player got injured for 6-8 months and things fell apart as my fantastic strike force suffered a collective drop in confidence. We dropped to midtable and then Watford came back in for me, this time offering me some cash to spend so I decided to move on and am in the process of strengthening my squad in the transfer window. Ironically, we have just played Rochdale in the cup, who scraped a draw at my ground thanks to a penalty (even more ironic, couldn't score pens to save their lives when I was there).

Great thread! Just started my first season this weekend; Kilkenny City in the Irish First D. Getting KILLED!!!! I'm on a 2 year term and I think if I keep the core group of guys and upgrade the goaltending, I'll do okay. My desire is to go from these ranks, hop over to Scotland, and make my way into the Premiership.

Working full time really does drain the football managing time. Currently on boxing day in my first season. Managing the great Derby County. I am 16th in the League managing 5 wins and 2 draws sitting 2 points above the drop zone.

With January 1st approaching and 8 players coming in at a total cost of 2.6 million...the 2nd half of the season looks like it will be a cracker! Need to offload some dead weight though.

Team: MK Dons

2007/2008: 1st in League Two

2008/2009: 10th in League One, Johnstones Paint Trophy winner

2009/2010: 5th in League One (beaten in play off semi), Johnstones Paint Trophy runner up

2010/2011: 4th in League One (beaten in play off semi)

2011/2012: Currently 2nd in League One after 11 games

I'm starting to get a bit bored though. I prefer managing big teams, working on developing a team of great youngsters. I'm determined to stick it out though.

In my 3rd season with Billericay.

1st season got promoted via the playoffs somehow. Think the 4 loanees helped bigtime as they were my best performers!! Had lots of 16/17 olds playing so I say it was an overachievement and indeed get the overachiever award at the end of the season!!

2nd season brought in a few 19/20 year old Prem rejects and again 4 loanees from CCC clubs. Done me proud as I finished 5th and lost in the playoffs to Rochdale. Oxford walked the league.

Now in Feb in the 3rd season and im currently 7points clear at the top. Again brought in a few prem reject youngsters and the average age of my squad is 20. The loanees are the key again. Also made it to the 3rd round of the FA cup and got a nice away tie to Notts Forest. A bumpber crowd of 18k, inc the cash from getting there means my balance is around 500k which is pretty healthy. Im regulary getting crowds of 2500 and with a really low wage total im making around 25k a month.

Still cant get a parent club though wish is annoying.

Skint

update on my season as im bored, in work, and for the third day, bosses aren't in, some business meeting again with customers icon_smile.gif

I'm currently on 01.11.11 on my game (i take each month as it come's, i find that way the seasons advance quicker, i dunno why) and I'm in 10th place with my mighty Burton team after 11 games.

Made it through to the 4th round of the carling cup where i'm playing Everton.

Did start the season £8m in debt after spending £12m of my budget, and the board upgrading my facilities, to top training & excellent youth. Stadium is now 10,000 haha.

Due to raised ticket prices in the premiership though and some friendlies against top teams, that debt is now less than £2m icon_wink.gif

Aiming for consolidation this season, then im going for an ambitious push for europe the 2nd.

My story so far:

BSP - 1st (also won FA Trophy and Setanta Shield)

League 2 - 1st

League 1 - 1st (won JPT)

Championship - 1st

I thrive on taking lower clubs to the top now. After some hardcore CM/FM gaming since CM 01/02 on that christmas day in 2001 icon_smile.gif

I'm now 19 and think i'm up there with the top managers (not real life obviously) because of this icon_wink.gif

So far mixed results...

07-08 Notts CO promoted from League 2 to League 1

08-09 Notts CO 6th in League 1

09-10 Notts Co. promoted from league 1 to Championship

10-11 Notts Co. lost in semfinal qualifier to the premiership

11-12 Notts Co. Lost in the finals qualifier to the Premiership, to sunderland..

12-13 Notts Co. current...13th in Championship, having a slump, same tactics and the same squad

as i had last year in the finals...not doing well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

Started unemployed and went to a bottom division German club, got them up a couple of leagues but quit due to lack of board investment.

Then to the Russian league, another club I cannot name, but the same thing happened as I got them to the top league.

Then 8 seasons at Billericay where I took them from BSQ S to L1 in 4 seasons, quit for Burnley as they were in trouble in L1 but had a bigger ground etc.

Took Burnley from 17th after 11 games to 2nd on the last day and into the Championship.

Resigned in close season to take over L1 Nottm Forest- a sleeping giant imo, and within 3 seasons we/they were in the Premiership, currently in 15th place after 9 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite the career you've had there GG. Mine is stalled at the moment, really struggling with motivation to stick with FM. icon_frown.gif Hoping the 8.02 might renew my interest again but then again my frustrations can't be remedied with a patch.

I started as derby and so far i am in 2013...

1st Season...18th in premiership/carling cup semi-final/fa cup 6th round

2nd Season...6th in championship/lost in play-off semi final/carling cup...4th round/fa cup 3rd round

3rd Season...1st in championship/4th round of carling cup/semi final of fa cup

4th Season...13th in premiership/semi final in carling cup/3rd round in fa cup

5th seasom...Liverpool come knocking/3rd in premiership/carling cup 5th round/fa cup final

6th season...Current season(january)...1st in premiership/3rd round in fa cup/5th round in carling cup/1st in champions league group stage and have juventus in 1st knockeout phase

My current team is Carson,Ryan Taylor,Jack Hobbs,Dan Agger,Insua,Steven Gerrard,Christian Ledesma,Lucas,Sergio Mota,Micheal Woods,Fernando Torres...Squad,Said Mehamha,David Amoo, Gianfranco Rossi,Jamie Carragher,Pepe Reina

About the best I've done is on FM06. I started with Wigan, I was there until 2018 then resigned, because I just couldn't get the club any further, the highlights of that job were winning the League Cup in 2014, finished 5th in the league in the same season. Also, reaching the UEFA cup semi's the season after, getting beat severely by Valladolid, 5-1 on aggregate.

05-06: 18th in Premier League (relegated)

06-07: 2nd in Championship (promoted)

07-08: 16th in Premier League

08-09: 12th in Premier League; F.A. Cup Semi (vs. Aston Villa)

09-10: 12th in Premier League

10-11: 7th in Premier League

11-12: 9th in Premier League; UEFA Cup group stages ; League Cup Final (vs. Man City)

12-13: 6th in Premier League; League Cup Semi (vs. Stoke)

13-14: 5th in Premier League; UEFA Cup Qtr. (vs. Norwich); League Cup Winners (vs. Newcastle)

14-15: 7th in Premier League; UEFA Cup Semi (vs. Valladolid); League Cup semi (vs. Everton); F.A. Cup Semi (vs. Chelsea)

16-17: 7th in Premier League; UEFA Cup group stages ; F.A. Cup Semi (vs. Portsmouth)

17-18: 6th in Premier Leage; UEFA Cup Qtr. (vs. Aberdeen)

After the 17-18 season, I resigned and joined then managerless and struggling Championship side Blackburn. I was only at that job for 2 seasons, getting them relatively secure, financially and in terms of League Position, which was aided by a great F.A. cup run in one season. By this time, Norwich were a big force in English football, winning the league twice in three seasons and the F.A. cup once, aswell as reaching the Champions League Semi final. The other big teams included Portsmouth, Chelsea (still), Wigan, Crystal Palace and Everton.

18-19: 15th in Championship

19-20: 8th in Championship; F.A. Cup Semi (vs. Norwich)

After that season, I had a job offered at mid-table Premier League club Aston Villa, I accepted and my objective was to attain a respectable league position, which given the squad I had, should be easily managable. I was there for 7 seasons, having probably the best success so far. Never seemed to do well in Europe though.

20-21: 7th in Premier League

21-22: 4th in Premier League; League Cup Winners (vs. Norwich); UEFA Cup Group Stage

22-23: 2nd in Premier League; Champions League Qualifiers

23-24: 3rd in Premier League; Champions League Last 16

24-25: 1st in Premier League; Champions League Group Stages; F.A. Cup Winner (vs. Crystal Palace)

25-26: 2nd in Premier League; Champions League Group Stages; League Cup Winner (vs. Newcastle)

26-27: 1st in Premier League; Champions League Group Stages; F.A. Cup Semi (vs. West Ham); League Cup Winner (vs. Norwich)

After that I retired. Many seasons where I can't remember how I did in the Cups etc., some of the league places may be a little off, but they'll be there or where abouts. I retired with 2 Premier League Titles, 1 F.A. Cup and 4 League Cups, aslo winning Manager of the year three consecutive times in my last three seasons. Not the best record over 21 years of management. When I retired, the top six teams were Aston Villa, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth, Leeds United and Southampton. Chelsea were relegation battlers in the Premier League, Man Utd were in League one, Arsenal were in the Chamionship, Liverpool were in League one, Tottenham had just gotten promotion back into the Premier League, Newcastle had gone from mid-talble to title challengers and back to mid-table. Funny sort of game, although I got very annoyed be the fact that Chelsea were nigh on invincible for the first five or so seasons.

Its not a long career up to yet but i am in 2011

i have managed QPR for three seasons and half i season i took them up to the premiership in my third season which i gained through the playoffs.

i then left after half a season in the premiership

with them i was second from bottom and the fans

were beginning to dislike me which i found slightly annoying.

i then applied for various clubs such as: newcastle, bolton , villa but none of them wanted me . i had to result down to going to

cadiz , the spanish team in the second division and i have not gone any further as off yet

Managing Mosside in N.Ireland.

N.Ireland 2nd Div Champions. 2010.

N.Ireland Antrim Trophy Runners Up. 2012.

N.Ireland 1st Div Runners Up. 2012.

N.Irish League Cup Champions. 2013.

N.Ireland 1st Div Champions. 2013.

N.Ireland Antrim Cup Champions. 2014.

N.Ireland League Cup Champions. 2014.

N.Irish Cup Runners Up. 2014.

N.Irish Premiership Runners Up. 2014.

N.Ireland Antrim Cup Champions. 2015.

N.Irish Cup Champions. 2015.

N.Irish Premiership Runners Up. 2015.

I've got £1M in the bank.

My GK has scored 62 goals.

UEFA Cup record.

Played 2.

Won 0.

Drawn 1.

Lost 1.

Champions League Record.

Played 2.

Won 0.

Drawn 1.

Lost 1.

Just now getting to the stage that I can usually beat domestic "Grey" teams and I have lost to about 20-25(ish) "grey" teams in this save.

I had a previous save with Arsenal lasting up to 2016, winning everything save the occaisonal League Cup or Euro Super Cup as I used them as a chance to play the kids. However, it got pretty annoying as one season of transfer madness caused me to go silly and buy approximately 7 young brilliant attacking midfielders. Once my squad was swamped by attacking players I got a bit bored with the endless squad rotation.

So, I've started a new game with Arsenal and fully intend to behave myself and treat the transfer market with some discipline. I want to reach the 2011/12 season with at least 7 members of the current first team in the 16, I also want to concentrate on nurturing young homegrown talent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Que? Is he your penalty taker or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkeeterP:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Que? Is he your penalty taker or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a read of this

Well i managed to get my blyth team in to the coca-cola championship from the BSN winning every league in my first season i got in to january and was a comfortable 7 place (i was looking to consolidate before making a charge the next season for the premiership). before the dreaded your game cannot be loaded grrrr.

so ive started 2 new games on 1 im afc telford in the BSN and on the other i have a career game going where i have 25 diffrent leagues running from 20 countries as im looking to move around a fair bit before settling down at a team with a world wide knowledge. should keep me busy for a while lol. Great thread btw

Hey all, I'm managing Stockport with fictional players.

2007/8 - Won League 2

2008/9 - 2nd Place in League 1

2009/10 - lost playoff final after finishing in 3rd place by 1 point.

2010/11 - currently in 11th (as of Jan 1) - 11 points out of 2nd, but only 4 points out of the playoff grouping. I've been unable to get consistent performance due to porous defense. 4-0 loss at Coventry City despite me having 28 shots and them 12 in my last match. My job could be in peril if we finish any lower as I am 3 million pounds over wage.

In 7 seasons with Inter I've won:

- 7 Serie A titels;

- 6 Italian Super cup wins;

- 5 Italian Cup wins;

- 3 European Champions Cup wins, 2 times Runner-up;

- 3 European Super cup wins;

- 1 Euro Cup win;

- 1 Worldchampionship for Clubs;

- 7 times manager of the year

So all in all not bad icon_smile.gif

1-st season promoted southend to the championship

2nd season - went to otelu (romania)..mid table team...won the league

3rd season still at otelu...finished 2nd..lost thew title in the last round

now i'm in the 4th season and napoli just came in with a great offer for me...they have a very good squad..i think i can fight for a ch league place...on the other hand...i'm ****ed that i lost the title the way i did with otelu and i would kindof like to get it back..because IT IS MINE icon_cool.gif ... what do u guys suggest?what would you do? icon_wink.gif

On my final day of my first season with Derby, i am in 17th position ahead of birmingham by 1 point. I just beat Spurs 3 - 2 away to give my team some much needed morale to face 20th placed Wigan. Birmingham play Man City. Forget about playing for trophies...this is where the real excitement is at.

Cue in 10 minutes time to be swearing worse than a drunk pirate.

Archived