ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the exact same problem with Baldini! But time your contracts right and you'll be able to hold onto him!

That's the only good thing I've had, very little interest in my players, and definitely no bids at all. Although that also says something about their quality or the overall finances in Italian football.

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 20/21

full_3676.jpg

Serie B - 2nd

Unbelievable. I was always confident of reaching the playoffs again but gaining automatic promotion is a fantastic achievement! We really ground out matches this season conceding just 37 goals. We played some hard battling, ugly football at times but boy did it work.

Coming into the last game of the season both Modena and us were sitting on 78 points. We had the better goal difference so a solid home win against Reginna would effectively secure 2nd place and automatic promotion. We pumped them 3-0 and Modena (I like to think after hearing how well we were doing on the radio) could only draw.

Our first 11 has really gelled and we seem to be getting more consistent every year. Brando is basically a veteran at 23 years of age so it shows how young our squad is and how much further we can improve.

It’s going to be tough but Atletico Arezzo are going to Serie A!!!

This was nice as well:

Screenshot2013-01-19at172350.png

In other news, Italian giants Milan were relegated to the Serie B so I won’t be playing them next year! A crazy year in Italian football!

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Fourth Qualifying Round

We got to the final qualifying round but Siena were too good for us and we crashed out 3-0. They may have done us a favour, however, as we could then focus on the league.

Transfers - Only going out

Player of the year

Brando Frediani (YP01a) – ST/AMC – Is it a man? Is it a plane? No, it’s super Brando! What an incredible season from our legend and hero. 25 league goals was the second best from a player in the league and without him there’s no way we could have been promoted. The big question is can he do it in the Serie A? Only time will tell…

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

Ok, back on track this time with 1 player getting tagged. Centre back, Antico looks very promising and I can see him forming a partnership with Annuziata over the coming years.

Raffaele Antico (YP08a) – DC/SW/DRL

Attributes

Youth Watch

There’s not much more to say about Brando Frediani (YP01a). He’s the star of our side and I can only hope he can reproduce such form in the big league. His contract is running out next year so I absolutely must sign him up on a new deal.

Domineco Leccese (YP01b) continues to improve on the pitch. 5 goals and 7 assists is his most prolific season yet and he’s crucial to our midfield.

Despite having a good season last year, Brunello Ruglioni (YP01c) couldn’t do it again and I’m thinking of moving him on this year.

Nothing gets past this lad! Well, obviously some do but he’s a rock in our side. The base of our spine, Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) is another key player who I need to sign up on a long term deal.

Silvio Giusti (YP02b) had a really good season at the back and does a fine job for us.

Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) did well when he played and I’ll definitely be holding onto him. He’s developed nicely over the years and proved he can do a job for us.

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) bagged a respectable 14 goals this season and is just as crucial as Frediani is. Was introduced into the U21 national team and has got off the mark for them too.

Despite being out for 5 months, Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) still had a fantastic season. He’s still got plenty of developing to do and I’m praying he can stay injury free in the Serie A as we need this lad playing.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) was also tainted with injuries and when he played he played magnificently. A regular in the U19 Italy side, he’s crucial to our success.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) is fast becoming an immovable object at the heart of our defence. Played nearly all our games this season and averaged 7.28 which isn’t half bad for a 17 year old in the Serie B.

Season 20/21 Objectives

What a season this has been. Absolutely fantastic effort from our lads to get into Serie A and we’ve exceeded expectations by gaining automatic promotion.

We didn’t get to the lucrative rounds of the Coppa Italia unfortunately but it may have saved us as we were able to focus on the league.

Junior coaching was increased to exceptional which must be close to max now.

-Get into the playoffs- Achieved!

-Reach the first round of the Coppa Italia again - Failed!

-Improve facilities- Achieved!

Season 21/22 Objectives

We’ve done it. Made it into the big time. But now the real work starts. The objective is simple: stay up. It’s going to be our biggest challenge yet but these lads just continue to exceed expectations and I know if we fight hard enough we can do it.

The next objective is maybe just as crucial and certainly goes hand in hand with avoiding relegation. A good number of our top players, including Frediani, are in the last years of their contracts and it is imperative that I get them signed up on new deals. Hopefully top league football will be enough to convince them Arezzo is where they need to be.

I need to bring in some U20 coaches too and hopefully we can improve or training facilities and youth recruitment network.

-Avoid relegation

-Get our key players signed up on new contracts

-Bring in U20 coaches

-Improve facilities/YRN

realspal.jpg

Season 5 Review - 2017/18

Lega Pro Prima Divisione A

Season Highlights

We ended the previous season by ensuring that we kept Marongiu, Rocchi and Kras so a few other players were let go. We also secured a new sponsor for our kit at an additional €40k per annum on our previous deal.

Our wage budget was still incredibly tight , however new contracts were issued to Bettari YP14, Mazzucchelli YP15, Iampieri YP15 and Francesco Munafo YP15 (a new tag this season).

After less than stunning youth intakes the previous 2 years we released Maurizio Sala as HoYD and replaced him with Giampiero Del Castello in the hope that fresh eyes will lead to fresh talent we can use in the future. Also on the staff front I added an U20 Manager, Massimo Bertolini, to assist our youth players with their growth and to look after the U20's only.

The board didn't have high expectations for the season and the media had us firmly in the playout positions, thinking that 15th (or third last) was about all we could hope to achieve - it became my goal to prove the pundits wrong.

In the leadup to the start fo the league season debuts were given to the youngsters Grasso YP15, Iampieri YP15 and Ghirardello YP16 in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro - once again we lost both matches to go out in the group stage and leave our focus on the league.

Iampieri YP15 also gained his league debut in our first league game of the season as we switched to a standard 4-4-2 formation due to an apparent lack of resources in the middle of the park with only Kras and Bettari YP14 our only 2 star and above players. In a sign of our youth program we featured 4 teenagers in our starting line-up with another 6 on the bench.

Pre-season had me worried, as the young wingers weren't flourishing in the 4-4-2 and we were struggling to score goals (a 1 win, 1 draw and 4 loss record including 2 cup matches). We kept the formation going but only for 2 league games. a 5-2 loss to Lumezzane away and a 2-0 loss to Varese at home. That proved to be enough and I switched the tactics back to our 4-3-3 shape for our next match away at Mantova. With 3 in the middle of midfield I had to choose between Massaccesi and Francesco Munafo YP15, at this stage Munafo wasn't tagged and along with Massaccessi had at best 2 star potential.

The game against Mantova was definitely a turning point for us, Massacessi got the start and Munafo YP15 came off the bench, however we came from behind to secure a 3-3 draw with each of our 3 strikers getting on the scoresheet. However the best part of the game was seeing Munafo YP15 off the bench, despite his short amount of game time, he showed a spark in his play.

We followed the Mantova result with a totally dominant performance against Portogruaro, however only held on to a 2-1 win with Munafo making another appearance from the bench.

We then lost to Treviso but then went on a startling run of form, just 1 loss in 12 matches including 6 wins and 5 draws, 25 goals scored and 16 against. This had piushed us safely into the top 10 of the league and had even seen Tiberio Genovali YP14 bring up his 100th appearance for SPAL, at the age of just 19 years. During this time he had notched 29 goals and a further 15 assists and had grown into one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Another amazing stat came through during this run, with Enzo Todesco YP15, becoming our leading assister notching up a club record 11 assists in just 15 appearances (14 starts). This was mainly due to his extreme accuracy from both free-kicks and corners that led to many goals. However in February his season woudl be cut short as we lost him for 3 months after picking up an achilles injury as we were just in the middle of our typical poor run of form (3 losses and 1 draw in 4 matches) which had shot us down to 12th place (1pt out of the playoff spots). What was most disappointing about this run was a 5-0 capitulation to league leaders Treviso in front of our home fans.

Thankfully 7th-13th were covered by just 5pts before another 10pts down to 14th spot so we had everything to play for. At this stage I was starting to get a little worried, however I needn't have been. Francisco Munafo YP15 started to turn in some

excellent performances and was growing as a footballer with every match that he played. In combination with Kras (our deep lying

playmaker) and Mirko Bettari YP14, we finally had a central midfield combination that filled me with confidence when we hit the park.

Both Munafo YP15 and Bettari YP14 started to play as box-to-box midfielders and quite literally turned our season into a stunning result. After the loss to Treviso we picked up a boosting 2-1 win away to our fierce rivals Reggiana, then Marongiu notched his second hat-trick of the season in 4-2 demolition job on relegation threatened Venezia.

After our 23rd match we had eclipsed our best points total for both of the previous 2 seasons in the Prima Divisione (34pts accrued) with still 9 games left to play. Our form is now great, despite a slipup against Bassano, a team well below us in the league. With 4 matches to go in the season we're only 5pts away from 4th, 5th and 6th spots, sitting in 7th ourselves with agame in hand on 4th and 6th palce and in relative safety (6pts from the dreaded 13th place).

Knowing that we were basically safe (or as close as could be) for another season in the Prima Divisione we play some stunning football beating Como 4-1 away and Viareggio (in the middle of a slump of their own) 3-1 at home. So with 2 games left in the season we sat 3pts behind Varese in 5th place. A 1-0 away win against Pro Vercelli narrowed the game even further so that with 1 game left we were just 2pts behind Albinoleffe (3rd), Viareggio (4th) and Lumezzane (5th and the final playoff spot) and were guaranteed of at least 6th place in the league.

The last weekend of the regular season saw each of our 3 rivals face home matches while we were drawn away to Bellaria. We follow the results of all games as they happened...

12" Lumezzane go 1-0 down to Varese

29" Albinoleffe go 1-0 up against Venezia

29" Viareggio go 1-0 down against Treviso (already clinched the title)

29" SPAL go 1-0 up against Bellaria and up into 4th place

35" Albinoleffe go 2-0 up

45" SPAL go 2-0 up and remain in 4th place at half time

71" Lumezzane pull a goal back to 1-1 SPAL down to 5th

79" SPAL concede to Bellaria 2-1

83" Viareggio conced again 2-0 down

84" Viareggio score 2-1 down

Thankfully at the completion of all matches we have secured 5th place and a playoff appearance for the second and final promotion spot to Serie B.

We draw Albinoleffe in the Playoff Semi-final, our record this season was one win and one draw against our opponents and morale was sky high. We came away from our home match with a 1-1 draw knowing that a victory at their ground would seal a spot in the Playoff final and a shot at Serie B.

Our dream of promotion was to fall shot though as Albinoleffe thumped us 3-0 at their home track. While the squad was disappointed I could really see a fire in the eyes of the players that said, we have unfinished business and will be back to make another tilt at getting to Serie B.

Season 2017/18 Objectives

- Stave off relegation - WELL AND TRULY ACHIEVED

- Develop the youth players with more game time - MUNAFO IS PROOF OF OUR ACHIEVEMENT HERE

Youth Intake

A better youth intake this year with one player tagged

immediately and the potential for a few others to step up.

ML Angelo Di Dio YP18 - A quick and tricky left sided winger, he's got great potential to be a star and has the ability to make some appearances next season.

Summary of Previous Youth Players

SC Tiberio Genovali YP14 - While not the star of the team Tiberio is still the critical component in our forward line. His ability to hold up the play and bring others into the fold is unrivalled at SPAL. He's now made over 120 league appearances for the club, including 2 straight years of starting every league match. He only scored 9 goals this season (2 less than last year) however he made up for this with 12 assists. He just goes from strength to strength.

MC/AMC Mirko Bettari YP14 - He needed to step up this year and did so superbly transitioning into a true box-to-box player. He added the goals this year that he had been lacking collecting 7 from his 32 appearnaces, to go along with 4 assists. Is now the heartbeat of our side due to his pace, stamina and work-rate.

SC German D'Amato YP14 - German didn't really progress as we hoped, however his gametime was limited 9 substitute appearances and the sole start in the league. One goal and 3 assists was not a bad return, however after handing in a transfer rquest, which was rejected, I'm not sure he's committed to the project we're putting together here. The re-signing of Marongiu and Rocchi will also likely block his path to the first team.

SC Enzo Todesco YP15 - On target for a brilliant season before injury knocked 12 weeks off his time. Still ended up with the most assists in a season for SPAL with 13 while pitching in with 5 goals. His freekicks and corners were a feature of our early season as our central defenders scored many goals from the perfect delivery he was providing. Has now moved ahead of both Rocchi and Marongiu as the second striker at the club.

DR Dario Mazzucchelli YP15 - Once again it was tough for Dario to get a lot of game time with both Ton and Cintoi holding onto the DR spot at different times throughout the season. He's got the potential however it's hard to use him when we were in such good runs of form. Next season is likely to be more of the same as we have kept our first choice defense together since I joined the club.

GK Ettore Lucchese YP16 - One appearnace in the cup and 4 goals conceded for Ettore, however he's knocking on the door with Busato not exactly the best GK in the league. If he has a good pre-season he may get given the start in the #1 jersey.

AMR Carlo Iampieri YP15 - Made his debut and managed 6 appearances (5 from the bench). I'm still nto sure what we really get with Carmelo, except for an option out wide. If we do play with wingers he's battling with Ghirardello YP16 for a starting berth.

DL Manuel De Col YP15 - Manuel si still sitting in our 20's and yet t make a first team appearnace due to the strength of our defense and Matteo Ton's ability to play equally well on the left or right side. Unless we see rapid development he'll likely spend another year in the 20's.

MC Francesco Munafo YP15 - If not my player of the year, far and way the most improved player and a newly tagged player. He made 8 substitute appearances the previous season and was not really thought of as a talent, however we gave him a start and he blossomed from day one. He rose gradullay from a 2 star potential to a 2.5 star ability player with 4.5 star potential, slowly rising month by month. His ability to pop up with goals (4) and create chances for others (4 assists) coupled with a determination to succeed and a very high work rate has ensured he has progressed to the point of being as important in our midfield as Bettari YP14. I'm expecting even greater development in 2018/19 from Munafo.

AML Agostino Grasso YP15 - I believe I missed labelling Grasso earlier. However he's another pacy elft winger in our ranks who will compete with Di Dio YP18 for game time on our left flank. Made his debut this year however was limited to just 9 substitute appearances.

MR Mattia Ghirardello YP16 - No appearances from Mattia this year, he continues to compete with Iampieri for a spot on the right flank when the tactics suit. Will likely see more game time in 2018/19.

SC Ignazio Regina YP17 - Ignazio is a new tag and with our riches at SC I'm not sure if he'll get many if any opportunities to impress unless he makes some big strides in our 20's or can secure a developmental loan somewhere.

Conclusion

A season where we performed well above expectations, it was capped off with recognition for myself personally as I was named 3rd in Manager of the Year award.

Whiel I went into the season concerned at our lack of central midfield ability, Munafo's development has left me in a much more confident position.

We now have options going into 2018/19 about how we play, however the 4-3-3 that served us so well this season will likely be used next season, at least in the beginning.

My main concern is about whether last season was a flash in the pan, or a truer reflection of our ability. Most likely it will be somewhere inbetween, however the performance has given me hope that we can threaten the playoff places again.

Screenshots of Value

Squad at the end of the season

Final League Table

Transfers

Season 2018/19 Objectives

- Top 10 finish

- Secure loan places for some our developing youth wingers whiel we play a narrow formation

Cheers mate, my first 11 are all youth products now, yeah! Still got about 3 original players who provide cover in emergancies and the rest of the squad is made up of youngsters that I haven't tagged but are doing ok as back-up.

Dardanel_logo.png

Çanakkale Dardanel SAŞ

Season 16 Review - 2028/29

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Board League Expectations - Title challange

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board Cup Expectations - Finalists

Champions Cup Expectations - Reach Group Stage

Poor, poor Galatasaray, twice the've finished with the same number of points as the league leaders, and twice they've lost the title on head to head results, as we'd beaten them 2-1 and drawn the other game 1-1. On to the cup and streching the upbeaten run of cup games to 22, we had to wait for extra time to retain the cup. Unfortunately the domestic treble eluded the team this season, losing the super cup in extra time.

Onto the adventures in Europe, the team finished top of the group, whilst also sneaking a victory over Real Madrid in the process. Into the knock-out stages, and we had a tight game at Juventus but a commanding 5-3 saw us through to take on the reds of Liverpool. Yet again, we had to travel for the first game, and took part in a 5 goal close game. In the return leg, it was 1-1 until we scored a vital 2nd goal in Fergie time to clinch it on away goals.

Now playing well above expectations in the Semi-Finals, we travelled for a 3rd time for the 1st leg, changing it up a little and actually beating Sporting 2-0. In the home leg, the team continued wanting to do things the hard way, conceding 2 goals to force extra time, where 2 goals from our leading goal scorer saw us through 4-2.

Into the final at the San Siro, it was a close game, with the scores being 1-1 after 90 minutes, having practised winning in extra time in both the Semi-Final and the Final of the Turkey Cup, a couple of goals saw the team win the Champions Cup 3-1.

All this continued success has now put me into the English Hall of Fame, though it's a long way for me to go before completing the set and entering the Continental HoF.

Youth facilities we're upgraded, and plans are already under-way for further improvements in this area, as they currently stand these are the current facilities. And it's only now at the end of the 16th season, that they finally agree to upgrade the stadium, Champions cup income means we didn't have to take out a loan, and we bump the capacity up by 5400 to just over 18000.

Youth Intake

Another disappointing youth intake, means I'll probably be letting both the assistant and HoYD this off season. As it is, there we're a couple of players I'll be keeping a eye on.

Kayhan Asik (YP16a) - ML - Utility winger of the future.

Nurullah Bostanci (YP16b) - DC - decent backup defender.

Previous intakes

Hüseyin Pala (YP13a) GK - Having taken over full time as 1st choice keeper, racked up an impressive 22 clean sheets in all competitions.

Okan Ates (YP14b) WBR - Another player beginning to be 1st choice in that position, set 2 new club records, that of 18 assists and scoring in just 14 seconds. Runner-up for young player of year.

Hacimehmet Atak (YP12) STR - Equalled the team record of 32 goals in a season, including 12 in 12 games in the Champions cup, Winner of young player of the year.

Next Season:- Start the hunt for the elusive Quadruple (Quintuple if I can steal the Euro Super Cup)

Season League Position Cup Europe Champions Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 Second Division/B 7th 3rd Qual rnd N/A Survived
2014/15 Second Division/B 2nd 2nd Qual rnd N/A Playoffs
2015/16 Second Division/B 4th 3rd Qual rnd N/A Promoted!
2016/17 First Division 1st 4th Qual rnd N/A Champions! MotY
2017/18 Premier 4th 2nd Qual rnd N/A EURO Cup Qualification
2018/19 Premier 7th Group Stage Playoff N/A
2019/20 Premier 5th 5th Qual rnd N/A EURO Cup Qualification
2020/21 Premier 6th 5th Qual rnd 3rd Qual EURO Cup Qualification
2021/22 Premier 5th 3rd Qual rnd Group EURO Cup Qualification
2022/23 Premier 10th Semi-Final 2nd rnd N/A
2023/24 Premier 4th Semi-Final N/A N/A
2024/25 Premier 5th 5th Qual rnd 2nd rnd N/A
2025/26 Premier 3rd Semi-Final Semi-Final N/A
2026/27 Premier 1st Semi-Final 2nd rnd Champions!
2027/28 Premier 1st Winners! 1st rnd KO Domestic Treble!!
2028/29 Premier 1st Winners! Winners!! Domestic Double! European Chamions!!
[/Code]

Thanks guys, I'm probably going to leave that save on the back burner for a little bit, been thinking of restarting the challenge in Spain just so I can upset the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona on a regular basis.

Speaking of upsetting the Madrid teams on a regular basis, I've taken over the team of Agrupación Deportiva Parla, based just 20km away from Madrid.

Along with the difficultly of poaching youth prospects in that area, the team starts with quite a small stadium, and decent facilities.

Though the size of the squad may be a problem for a year or 2, especially with just the 1 keeper who's already 36.

Also, some guy called Rafa Benítez used to play for them back in the early 80s, no idea what he's up to nowadays ;)

Thanks, yeah going to be having fun in Spain for a while, I guessing it'll take me longer to gain similar sort of success over here. There's only a few more things for me to do on the Dardanelspor save which I can do in my on time, like getting all the club trophies in one year and becoming the biggest club in the world. Will continue with not transferring anyone in though.

Did check a few things as well, with all the success they finally took over as the biggest club in Turkey, as well as something like 14th richest club in Europe.

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 21/22

Serie-A-logo.png

Serie A - 12th

Bellissimo! After a gruelling first season in Serie A we finish very safely in 12th place. This was such a draining season, every game seemed like a cup final and I'm absolutely delighted we managed to stay up.

Football is a funny old game and we really had a mixed bag of results throughout the season. We hovered around the relegation spots for the first half of the season then managed to find some form and ended up going on a fantastic run of 5 wins from our last 9 games.

I thought we were doomed at one point when we lost 6-0 to Siena at home followed by another home loss to Bologna, this time 7-1. The next game was away to Inter and I was fearing the worst but next thing I know we're 5-0 up with 10 mins to go and the game ends 5-2!

That giant killing sparked something inside us and kicked us on for our strong finish.

Elsehwere, Milan are still in Serie B and finished 9th. I wonder if I can get them as my feeder club :p

Football, eh? Bloody hell!

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Quarter Finals

We made the quarters (which is actually the second round) of the Coppa Italia this season but Roma were too good for us, despatching us 2-0.

Transfers - Only going out

Player of the year

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) – ST – Baldini was unbelievable this season. He really turned some heads bagging 18 goals and 10 assists in his debut season in Serie A. He came on very strongly towards the end of the season and was key to our good form.

The big boys are lurking, however. Roma just won't go away and it's only the £40m (Baldini's release clause) asking price that I've set that is stopping people form putting a bid.

If he keeps this form up I wonder how long it'll be before people start to think a £40m release clause is worth a punt?

I've got him tied down till 2026 but we're having regular conversations about how he wants to move to a bigger club…

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

A pretty substandard intake this year with one player getting tagged. Matteoli doesn't look to have much about him at the moment but my ass man reckons there's potential there so I'll see how he gets on.

Marcelo Matteoli (YP09a) – DM/MC

Attributes

Youth Watch

Baldini may have taken all the plaudits this season but that shouldn't take the shine off of Brando Frediani's (YP01a) year. He had a solid first season in the Serie A and he's proved he's a top division striker with his 13 goals and 14 assists.

Domineco Leccese (YP01b) had a so so season, unspectacular but solid.

Brunello Ruglioni's (YP01c) career has come to an end, unfortunately. I'm going to let him go at the end of the season, as I just don't feel he has what it takes to cut it at the top. There are some untagged players that look better prospects so the writing is on the wall for him. I wish him all the best and won't forget the great season he had in Serie B.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) was pummelled from all angles this season and perhaps could've done better. Letting in 13 goals in 2 home matches as mentioned above must've been tough but he bounced back well. People are saying he's the new Gigi Buffon which is fantastic, if he's half the player Buffon is he'll be a great keeper for years to come. He still needs to prove himself in Serie A first, however.

Silvio Giusti (YP02b) has definitely peaked now and I think this is as good the right back will get. He's the best we've got in that position, however, so is still key to our back line.

Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) had a great season as back-up to Frediani and Baldini and grabbed a few goals. Never complains and is a good squadie.

As mentioned, Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) had a phenomenal season and has grown a lot attributes wise as well. I pray that I can hold onto him for as long as possible but his form hasn't gone unnoticed.

Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) was a bit out of sorts this year and struggled to make an impact at this level. I'm hoping he can improve next season and get back to his best.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) on the other hand, had a great season for us and dealt with Serie A's best brilliantly, averaging over 7 for the season.

Our very first wonderkid, Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) was heroic at the back for us and was a candidate for player of the year. He's got the potential to be one of the best and he's starting to attract interest from the big boys.

Annuziatas's partner, Raffaele Antico (YP08a), was no less heroic and had a fantastic debut season in Serie A. Still so young but already a key player for us.

Season 21/22 Objectives

Mission accomplished! We did what was asked and then some! I'm delighted to still be in Serie A.

The glamour of top league football (and the extra wage money) meant our players were happy to sign new deals and I managed to tie all our best players on either 4 or 5 year deals which is great news.

Behind the scenes, youth recruitment is now average and upgrades to training and youth facilities are ongoing and are due to be completed in November.

I brought in U20 coaches for our youngsters plus we hired a new Head Physio.

-Avoid relegation - Achieved!

-Get our key players signed up on new contracts - Achieved!

-Bring in U20 coaches - Achieved!

-Improve facilities/YRN - Achieved!

Season 22/23 Objectives

I don't want to sound like a broken record and be modest but I really think survival is still the main goal this season. While we can take comfort from last season's finish, we're still new to the league and I don't want to succumb to second season syndrome.

We've got a fair bit of cash in the bank now (£9m) due to higher attendances and TV money but this is projected to increase to £20m + due to negotiating a new TV deal worth just under £20m! Our previous deal was only worth £1m so this will be a real boost to the coffers!

That extra money means we should be able to invest in our facilities once again and I'll be pushing the board to do so.

I'm pretty happy with the backroom staff so don't really need to make any changes there.

So objectives are:

- Avoid relegation

- Improve facilites/YRN

I have been away from FM and this thread for too long (holidays and work deadlines), but happened to check in and boom! korvalis has completed the challenge!!!

Fantastic accomplishment and thoroughly well deserved! Looking forward to the start of your Spanish adventure now :thup:

I did get to play a little of Christmas and I was also very behind on my progress report. I did in fact start writing it up, but that itself got bogged down. I will put together the abbreviated 4 year update later and post it (spoiler, nothing compared to korvalis :D).

I actually booted up FM13 last night too after the family went sleep and then spent too long getting to know all the Veldwezelt players and play a few games....

Will be playing again semi regularly now, need to get the 5-5-0 tactic spread across europe! :)

Ok, so after catching up on the thread it inspired me to get my catch up written and posted ASAP.

Abbreviated Four Season Catch-Up

fourseasoncatchup.png

A great four season stretch, with 3 league titles, 1 Belgian Cup and an 'oh-so-close' in the EUROPA Cup Final. Still no real break through in the Champions League but we keep our streak of 6 straight progressions from the group stages intact.

Season 21 (2033-34) was our last using the original 550 tactic we became reknown for using. We turned a 1 point deficit after the regular season into a 1 point last game of the season title winning performance.

Season 22 (2034-35) saw a calculated switch to a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic to see if our strikerless adventure was holding us back or not. Call it our 'control group season'. Well, we finished 3rd in the league and made it to the Champions League quarter finals. A decent season, but it proved we were not hurting ourselves with the 550 formation! The failure to qualify for the champions league does have consequences though. We are now losing money quite handily and the lack of Champions League money hurts badly.

Season 23 (2035-36) is quite simply our best ever. We debuted a new deeper 550 tactic along with a new wave of very promising youngsters. We had a 20 point lead after the regular season and never had any issues domestically! The highlight of the season being a 37 match unbeaten run, truly fantastic play from the boys.

Season 24 (2036-37) made it 2 out of 2 league successes for the deep 550 formation and our first ever back-to-back league titles. This season we added the Belgian Cup, for the domestic double!

Youth Intakes

Season 21 (2033-34) - Below average, no-one tagged

Season 22 (2034-35) - Much better! Two stand-outs and a two more possibles

Season 23 (2035-36) - Awful, no-one tagged

Season 24 (2036-37) - Awful, no-one tagged

Youth Intake YP Tagged Players

Serge N'Simba (YP 22a) - A quality DM who is now also being retrained to play in the right wingback role to help combat the lack of squad depth

Antonio Lebron (YP 22b) - Initially a striker, retrained to the AMC role for the 550 and flourishing

Daniel Vliegen (YP 22c)

Jurgen Bijnens (YP 22d)

3 out of 4 terrible youth intakes really has stung. Our depth is beginning to suffer, plus this lack of depth has highlighted an issue I did not resolve quickly enough, I was relying to heavily on my starting XI and my fringe players became unhappy, leading to a couple leaving and exacerbating the depth issue.

Our small stadium (13,032) and high wage bill is also now taking its toll. Without Champions League money we would be in big trouble. Last season we made a 6.88m profit for the year, with approximately 13m in Champions League revenue. Just a single season without that income cripples us (as we found out just a couple of years ago).

During season 23, the board finally agreed to build a new stadium!!! Later on in that season our chairman sold up and a new guy came in. Nothing was ever mentioned about the stadium and when the dates finally came around nothing happened. He has refused everything since.

Our top youth and senior training facilities have also been downgraded and these need to be brought back up to top quality, costing more money.

After the struggle of the ascent through Belgian football and the solidifying of our status as the nations #1 team, I can actually see some harder times ahead. I need bring through the scraps of the recent youth intakes to create a senior squad again (feels like just an XI right now). I also need to do the unthinkable, sell Patrick Gielen (YP 11a). He is on 40,500 a week (next highest is 28k) and rarely plays. When we signed him to the contract he was our main man and it was the only way to keep him. It is hurting now.

I actually did the same to Robin Coenan (YP 14a) at the end of season 24. Netting 2.5m in transfer fees and saving 31k a week in wages. He went to Anderlecht of all teams, but has really struggled in early season.

On the plus side, my current XI are fantastic!

The front three scare the bejesus out of everyone and I have my first bona fide star player and first ever Veldwezelt player with a worldwide reputation! Orkun Deniz (YP 20a) is still just 20, but runs my midfield from his DM position. Already 22 caps for Turkey (who just won both the Euro 2036 tournament and 2037 Confederations Cup and ranked #3 in the world now) and he constantly has news items come through with Man Utd, Man City and Barcelona sniffing around him.

If I lost him I would be in big trouble!. I just got him on a new 5 year deal, so no immediate issues, but let's hope he doesn't get his head turned!

In addition to my run to the EUROPA Cup final in 2035-36, Anderlecht then made the identically run this past year. Finally losing out on penalties. The bonus here is that finally in the upcoming Season 25 (2037-38) Belgian will for the first time have 2 entrants qualify direct into the Champions League group stage! The upside here is it makes it easier for me to secure the lifeline that is Champions League money, the downside is that each year one of my closest rivals also gets this money (which they can spend on better players!).

Transfers - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24

Season 25 Goals

* Three-peat the league

* Progress in the Champions League

* Re-upgrade the senior and youth training facilities

* Give more games to more fringe players when possible, expand the squad

* Hope and pray we get some decent kids in this time around

With season 25's update I will post more player specific updates

FC United Of Manchester-2018-2019

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

League-9th-Past Positions

What a great season. We didn't do to well at the start, and struggled a lot in the league during the winter as the usual fixture congestion was increased due to us doing very well in the cups. Once we where elminated from the cups however, the team went on a great run of only 2 losses in a 17 game period, including a 10 match unbeaten streak to end the season. We finished just 12 points from the play-off spots(and 20 above the relegation zone) in our best season so far. The attack worked very well(we scored the 3rd most goals in the division) but our defense struggled once more(we conceded the 5th most goals in the division). If our defense can improve next season, our attack should be able to outscore the opponent and lead us to another mid-table season.

Cups

Great performances in both the FA Trophy and the FA Cup this season, which led to the huge profits we had this season despite improving our training facilities.

FA CupWe did very well by eliminating 2 League 2 sides and taking Championship Watford to a replay. Their winning goal came in the 90th minute when I thought we might've be able to take the game to penalties.

FA Trophy

We suffered penalty heart-break against Fleetwood in the replay after a very good defensive performance. We would get our revenge in the league as we beat them 4-1 as the season drew to a close.

Previous Youth Players

Oliver Smith-YP0a(DRL)-Released March 2018-Retired 2018

Retired soon after his release.

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

He keeps improving and has become a very good player. He had a career high 7 assists this season as his crosses have become deadly. With potential to be a leading nPower League 2 right back, Abbott will the back line for a while still.

Dominic Roberts-YP1b-GK

Had another season in which he made a couple of stupid mistakes that would've had him out the door if I was allowed to buy players. The goalkeeper position is undoubtedly my weakest, but hopefully pressure from the new youth keeper will improve Roberts' performances.

Adrian Gregory-YP1c-D/M®-Released 2018-Retired 2018

Retired soon after his release.

Charlee Maguire-YP1d-AM/M®

He had a couple of injuries that limited his playing time and will most probably struggle to become a starter. He will need to prove to me next season that he deserves a contract extension as his contract runs down and I have good replacemnts in the youth team. Good back-up none the less.

Charlie O'Reilly-YP1e-DC

The Captain had an ok season. Despite making good strides forward, he appears to be reaching his peak. Will be third choice center-back next season and may be released come the end of the season.

Don Ryder-YP1f-M/AM®, ST-Released 2016, Retired 2016

Karl Prior-YP2a-ST

Another decent season for Prior despite multiple injuries as he managed 15 goals and 6 assists. This season he also managed his highest Avg. rating of his career. However, he will most probably become third choice striker next season behind Leon Throne and Johnny O'Connor.

Derek Wilson-YP2b-AMR/MR

Great season for Wilson this time around as he managed 5 goals and a club record of 15 assists in all competitions. He was healthy for a good part of the seaoson and we ripped the rewards. Together with Abbott, he will continue to terrorize the BSP down our right flank.

Leon Thorne-YP2c-ST

Improved on last season as he managed 20 goals(6 more than last season) and 8 assists(4 more than last season), and is without a doubt my star man up front. If he continues to improve, I expect another 20+ goals season from him

Charles Chukwu-YP2d-AML/ML

Charles was my starting AML for most of the season, but Coleman's development towards the end of the season will probably send him to the bench. If he doesn't improve much, he will most likely be released come the end of next season.

Jay Squires-YP2e-AML

Didn't play much again and is being released June 30th. He simply couldn't out play Chukwu and Coleman. Atleast ended his FC United career in style with a goal in his last game.

Robbie Gammon-YP3a-MC/DM

Lost his place in the starting 11 to Thompson, but was one of my most reliable substitutes. Will remain as an important part of the team while others develop.

Sean Coleman-YP3b-AM(LC)/M(LC)

After a successful loan at BSN side Drloysden, he came in and has sent Chukwu to the bench. Will be my starter in the AML position next season.

Declan Rowlands-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

Rowlands has become my best center-back and will lead the team from the back. An Avg. Rating of 7.27 is something to build on as he is very good at getting attacking plays started.

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Became my starting ball winning midfielder as he is great at stealing the ball and very good at transitioning from ata

Ian Lee-YP4a-DM/MC

Played once in a while and was loaned out to BSN side Workington as he continues to struggle to get playing time. Still ahs a good potential and might finnally make the breakthrough next season.

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CR)

Great first season as my starting left back as he managed 2 assists despite having a week left foot.

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

ANother good season for him as he got his first U-19 cap and played very well. Will probably take over Prior as second striker next season.

John Dunphy-YP4d-WBR/MR/AMR

With his playing time greatly limited at the AMR spot, he is being trained to play the DR spot. With some very good potential, Dunphy should become a good back-up for Abbott.

Lewis Watkins-YP5a-MC

Great first season for him as he led the team from the center of midfield. After a slow start, he became the star of the team. There was hardly any goal towards the end of the season that wasn't influenced in some way by Watkins. Only mananged 7 goals and 3 assists, but he started many plays from midfield. Managed 6 U-21 caps last season to my delight :p

Loyd Cruse-YP5b-AMR/MR/ST

Early season injuries to some of my starters gave him some games and he used them well. Made a couple more apps in the end of the season. Will get more game-time next season.

Youth Intake

An OK intake. Thankfully we got someone that can challenge Roberts and some future squad players.

Andrew Kelly-YP6a-GK

He is already challenging Roberts for the starting place and has the potential to become a decent League One keeper according to my assman. Will probably send Roberts to the bench the coming season.

Josh Hawes-YP6b-MC/DM

Another midfielder with good potential. Will struggle getting playing time, but should get some around the winter period-specially if we can repeat this season's cup heroics.

Goals From Last Season

• Avoid Relegation at all costsACHIEVED!-Finished 20 points from the relegation spot:) :thup:
  • End season with a financial profitACHIEVED!-Ended the season with 350k+ more than at the start thanks to the cup run
  • Give Watkins A 5 year contract FAILED!-Not to be alarmed though as he just signed the pre-agreed contract in February
  • Get rid of all non-youth playersFAILED!-Still have a DC(who is my second choice) and a DL(Back-up to Rooney)

Goals For Next Season

• Re-sign youngsters that deserve new contracts
  • Finish calmly in mid-table
  • Give Watkins A 5 year contract at last
  • Improve something

A New Beginning

Pacy Football

Pacy_Vallée-d

Young manager ri916 has taken over at newly promoted Pacy football with immediate effect. He hopes to bring in a youth only policy at the club and has ambitious plans for the future, stating that one day they could be playing in front of large crowds on the global scene.

I've decided to give this a crack in France. Hopefully this save will work out and it lasts for a long time.

realspal.jpg

Season 6 Review - 2018/19

Lega Pro Prima Divisione A

Season Highlights

After the heroics of the previos season and making the playoffs expectations had been raised at SPAL. The media had us installed as likely to finish 8th, the board wanted a 'respectable position', which I interpreted to mean top half, while my goal was to aim for a playoff fight once again.

We got some great news to start the season with Enzo Todesco YP15 signing a new deal at the club until the end of the 2020/21 season.

We started the seasonw ith a TIM Cup match against Lucchese, despite losing 1-0 and failing to progress we collect a whopping €10k for our efforts!

During the pre-seasonf friendlies young German D'Amato YP14 is our star player notching up 5 goals in just 2 starts and 3 substitute appearances as we win all 5 matches. Strangely he then puts in a transfer request that I reject.

Following our great form in pre-season playing 4-4-2 with wingers, I continued using this formation with Angelo Di Dio YP18, our 16 year old star from last season's intake, making his first start for the club. In total we fielded 7 youth tagged players from the start in this game, with only the 4 players in defence untagged.

We make a slowish start to the season, however are unbeaten in our first 5 matches and playing some solid football, but best of all we're really mean at the back. After a 3-1 loss to Lumezzane we then make a fantastic run of 7 straight wins, during which we score 22 goals and concede just 3. This is true championship winning form right now.

During the 7 game win streak I alo brought up my 200th game in charge of SPAL against Monza, we scrapped a 1-0 win to mark the occassion.

Our winning run is halted in the top of the table clash with our rivals Modena, unfortunately Bettari YP14 and Lucchese YP16 both miss the match (suspension and injury respectively). Despite oing 2-0 ahead early thanks to 2 goals by Genovali YP14, and seemingly with a 6pt lead in the league secured, Modena hit us hard and we can't react. The hosts strike 4 goals in vicious turn-around that hurts us a lot.

At the halfway mark in the season we are top of the league! Virtue of a 1-1 draw away to Virtus Estrella. Our lead is only 1pt so we know it'll take a lot to bring home the championship.

We head into 2019 with injuries really hitting us hard, all 4 wingers (Iampieri, Grasso, Di Dio & Ghirardello) all out injured for our first match of the new year. We somehow manage to grab a 2-2 draw away to Pro Patria, however that now makes it only 1 win in our last 4 matches.

Our next 2 matches see a 1-0 win at home to Varese (Todesco penalty) - a crucial win against a tam fighting for the top 4 spots and a 2-0 reverse at Feralpi Salo. After these matches we enter a massive 20 day break between matches due to our bye (only 17 teams in the league) and a winter break of sorts. The break comes at just the right time so that our squad can regain some fitness.

While things on the pitch look great, off the picth the threat of administration hangs over our head. The thought of being punished for financial irregularities yet again is unthinkable and gives myself and the players the spur on that we need to aim for the top of the league and automatic promotion.

After a 3-3 draw with rivals Reggiana, the receivers come in and things don't look good. To make matters worse Tiberio Genovali YP14 is not tied down to a contract beyond this year and with club finances the way they are I can't offer him a contract anywhere near what he wants. Siena are also sniffing around Mirko Bettari YP14, and the receivers have already told me that any bid near the value of the player will be accepted.

With 10 games left in the season our only salvation is that we're still top of the league, but just by 1pt, however we have a game in hand on second placed Varese (46pts) and Modena (45pts and 3rd.

You could say that at this stage we're just hanging in there as our main GK Lucchese and Di Dio both go down with injury and we have 5 playuers just a single yellow card away from a suspension.

On the positive side we stave off administration with the board restructuring the debt, this gives us a new impetus knowing that the off-field stuff is takenc are of and with 5 games remaining we're still 1pt ahead of Varese with a game in hand and 4pts ahead of Modena. This is despite 3 draws and 1 win in our last 4.

Our next game is at home to Viareggio and we pull off a miraculous draw with Roberto Rocchi scoring a 93rd minute equaliser after appearing from the bench. Varese beat MOdean in the match of the round and it's a two horse race now. In the next round of matches both Varese and ourselves pickup wins and secure playoff spots, however we're both gunning for automatic promotion, not the lottery.

We head into our final 3 matches of the season knowing Varese will not be playing on the last weekend due to the 17 team league structure. However our 3rd to last match is against Modena, at our place, a very tricky match given the rivalry that exists. Modena plays fantstically well and take the win 2-1, however Varese also lose and it's now a 3 way battle for the title again. Varese 61pts (31 games), SPAL 60pts(30games) and Modena 58pts (30games).

Goal difference is in our favour against Varese, and will come into play if we tie given that 1 win each in our league matches. The worst results for us is if Modena ties with us as they have beaten us twice this season, although Varese have also beaten MOdena twice so I've got no diea how a 3 way tie would play out - if it's goal difference Modena currently has a slight edge by a goal or two.

Varese's last game of the seasons ees them post a convincing 4-1 win, setting the bar at 64pts. We snatch a 2-1 win thanks to Rocchi, again from the bench, scoing an 87th minute winner. The win gives us a 2pt elad over MOdena and leaves us 1pt back from Varese.

We go into the final weekend knowing a draw will be enough if Modena can't win, otherwise we must win to secure the title.

We have the comforts of hoem against Virtus Entrella while Modena are away to Portogruaro. Minute by minute updates below.

13" 1-0 to Modena - Modena Champions

24" 1-1 in Modena's match - SPAL Champions on goal difference

34" 1-0 SPAL - SPAL Champions

49" 1-1 in SPAL's match - We're still Champions on goal difference

59" 2-1 Modena - MOdena Champions

68" 2-2 in Modena's match - SPAL Champions on goal difference

89" 3-2 to Portogruaro - SPAL Champions on goal difference

In a mighty effort we hold on to the draw and despite dropping 11pts in our last 7 matches (nearly a choke) we win the title on goal difference from Varese (+31 to +24).

The fans, players and board are jubilant as we have achieved promotion to Serie B!

However my mood is less than positive as despite efforts to talk Tiberio Genovli YP14 (part of our main strike force and our first hoem grown star) into signing a new contract we are unable to meet an agreement, even to the point where his agent will not speak to us. The most part is that the board has promised a sizeable increase in our wage budget for next year and it looks like Tiberio is going to go.

After a such a great season we do finish on a downer, Genovli packs his bags and leaves as a free agent, Roberto Rocchi retires and Alessandro Marongiu is not offered a new deal as we lose 3 strikers who between them have contributed just under 200 goals in my 6 seasons here.

Season 2018/19 Objectives

- Top 10 finish ACHIEVED WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!

- Secure loan places for some our developing youth wingers while we play a narrow formation - ONLY GOT ONE PLAYER OUT ON LOAN AS WE PLAYED WITH WINGERS IN THE END

Youth Intake

We managed an OK youth intake this year. By far the best player was striker Mirco Magari YP19. Whiel 't be a direct replacement for Genovali, he will likely see some game time in Serie B, especially as we're down to just the 3 strikers who I consider first team ready.

After signing we also tag GK Joseph Bianchini, in terms of potential Joseph is the best keeper on our books, however he has a number of years to go until he'll see first team duty.

Summary of Previous Youth Players

SC Tiberio Genovali YP14 - Unfortunatelky Tiberio left us on June 30 when his contract expired and we'll no longer see him in Real SPAL colours. Our first star youth player, his strengths were in bringing others into the play and being a selfless worker, and he could go on hot streaks of scoring form. While far from prolific, his 50 goals in 147 appearances for the club were critical to our performances, he also added 34 assists during the same period. In our league winning season he cranked out 16 goals and 11 assists, a fairly standard output for the big guy. He'll be missed and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on where he goes from here.

MC/AMC Mirko Bettari YP14 - Another solid season from Mirko as he colelcted his 100th SPAL appearance. He didn't have the dynamic impact he had last year, and onyl managed 2 goals, however his performances gained a level of consistency that was pleasing to see.

SC German D'Amato YP14 - strange season for German, he was hotter than hot in our pre-season matches however he found it difficult to get a look in with Genovali and Todesco our main strikers and Rocchi and Marongiu taking spots on the bench. With the departure of three of those ahead of him he's very much in line for a lot more game time in Serie B.

SC Enzo Todesco YP15 - Enzo really stepped up his game this year, 20 goals (19 in the league) and 10 assists was a great return. He is now our recognised top man up front and will be expected to score the goals to keep us in Serie B.

DR Dario Mazzucchelli YP15 - A great seasonf rom Dario saw him feature in 24 league matches, including 22 starts. His growth was aided by the football he played and while on pure ability he hasn't pushed ahead of our regular, Matteo Ton, at right back, he has given me great options with 4 very solid wide defenders on our books.

GK Ettore Lucchese YP16 - Whiel Ettore's stats look great, 23 conceded in 25 league matches and 9 clean sheets. It was the defense in front of him that amde his life much easier. In saying that he has established himself as our first choice between the sticks, however GK is still a relatively weak position when looking at our overall line-up.

AMR Carmelo Iampieri YP15 - Carmelo got on the park 17 times in the league season as we shifted to play 4-4-2 and he even notched up his first goal. However he was mostly a substitute and will need to do more to dislodge my preferred winger.

DL Manuel De Col YP15 - Not much to say about Manuel, 1 substitute appearance in the league and the rest of the season spent in the U20's. He's 3rd choice at left back which doesnt make it easy for him to get game time, and I don't expect this to change next season either.

MC Francesco Munafo YP15 - The rock in the midfield? If not he's very close. Three goals and 7 assists from 30 league appearances and a 7.25 rating, not bad for someone we nearly released two seasons ago. Along with Bettari found the change to 2 central midfielders from 3 a little challenging to start with, however slowly found his feet to again be one of the first on the team sheet.

AML Agostino Grasso YP15 - Grasso spent the second half of the season on loan, and I may even look to repeat this next year, he needs game time if he's going to progress as a footballer.

MR Mattia Ghirardello YP16 - Quickly became our first choice winger on the right side seeing off the challenge from Iamperi early. Needs to step up his output (only 1 goal and 4 assists) if he's to to make an impact as we move up a division.

MC Nicholas Lavelli YP16 - Lavelli is a new tag and he only featured a handful of times. However he looks to have the capabilities to be astrong backup central midfielder, which is something we definitely lack right now.

SC Ignazio Regina YP17 - On paper Ignzaio looks to be the direct replacement for Genovali. He's tall, solid and has a good work rate. He will be given a chance in 2019/20 to forge a partnership with Todesco and make his debut in the first team.

ML Angelo Di Dio YP18 - Straight into the first team at 16 years of age, Angelo held down the first team spot on the left hand side of midfield, when he wasn't injured. Unfortunately he spent a total of 14 weeks on the sidelines with 3 different injuries. If he stays fit next season he has the potential to really grow into a key player in our squad.

DC Nunzio Paolo Formato YP18 - A new tag, Nunzio marks the first central defender to even get close to be being tagged. He's likely to game time in the first team, as we only have 2 recognised DC's in the squad. I'll ke keeping an eye on his development so that he can be used when needed.

Conclusion

Fantastic football throughout the sseason, with great defense and a flowing approach to our football going forward. We proved that used correctly 4-4-2 is not dead and can be quite effective, although having two fast and fit cental midfielders really helps.

The biggest blow was being unable to strike a deal to keep Genovali at the club, however the jump to Serie B and the potential doubling of our wage budget due to the tv righs money, shoudl ensure that all key players can be tied down on long term deals so that this situation doesn't happen again.

Screenshots of Value

Squad at the end of the season

Final League Table

Transfers

Season 2019/20 Objectives

- Not get relegated

It's the only goal we can have, as we're probably going up into Serie B a year too soon and losing a star such as Genovali will be a really tough introduction to the second tier.

Tried going back to my Lewes save but still not feeling it so moving to France. An appropriate song for introductions:

How do you do? My name's Gavroche.

These are my people, here's my patch.

Not much to look at, nothing posh;

Nothing that you'd call up to scratch.

Lyon_duchere.png

Picked the team because I thought it would be fun to be from a big city that already has a top flight club for a change. Hopefully I can take over the town from Olympique Lyonnais!

Does Pacy have pacey squad? :D

My Defence is the second fastest in the league :cool:. But no :D.

mikezone- Well done on the promotion. It's never to early to get promoted ;).

Shakes- Welcome back. Good luck in France, shall we race eachother to the top? :p

Turns out I forgot to turn off the setting which allows people to join the save as an online game, someone joined and took over PSG with about 6 games of the season left. It looked like I'd get relegated, but it wasn't a done deal :(. Will start again with Pacy tomorrow.

im looking to do this challenge could someone reccomend me a easier club to try it with during my first attempt

Picking a team is a fickle thing, depending on your preferred style of play. Mostly it's a case of checking out things like the teams facilities, and the size/age of the squad.

For an easier option, I'd look for a bigger team that had been relegated out of the bottom league the season or 2 prior to the start of the game, they tend to have decent starting facilities and decently sized squads.

im looking to do this challenge could someone reccomend me a easier club to try it with during my first attempt

There isn't really an "easy" club to recommend, as you don't know what teams are available to you until you have holidayed/simulated through a season.

There's more likely to be "easy" leagues, however I really don't which one's would be easy.

Perhaps FC United of Manchester would be suitable given your username? They shouldn't be too difficult :)

so ive finished holidaying and choose to take over the newly promoted hacettepe spor. here is my manager profile. The squad contained alot of loans which were close to expiring so here is the squad without the loans. However i didnt realise there were some players who were out on loan at other clubs who were about to return including a muh needed striker. The club has quite good facilities at the club already however ill try to improve junior coaching whenever possible.

Just finished preseason. I arranged 14 friendlies and let the assistant take control of them. we won 12 and lost 2. Most of the games were against non-league sides to help raise morale and increase the formation familiarity, the highlight was smashing a team 9-0

Archived