ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive reached youth candidate day and i got quite a good intake with 2-3 players ready to join the 1st team next season and another 5-6 with good potential. ill post a couple screeshots in the end of season update which will be tonight all ill say is theres about 8 games left we are in 16th which would mean relegation however we have started to pick up results and are playing well

for god sake 3 season and nothing special in intake England Premier Bet its going to be so sad srsly I think I kick my HOYP ....

While I am in no way saying keep your HOYD, something worth mentioning.

I do not know this is 100% true, but from my now 25 years in this challenge and paying attention to my HOYD for the first time in FM I found this interesting.

Two screenshots to illustrate my thoughts

Orkun Deniz History

Orkun Deniz Biography

The dates are what are interesting here.

Orkun came into my team via the youth intake in the season 2032/33.

Check his biography out and it states he joined Veldwezelt in July 2029.

Players enter your clubs junior ranks 3-4 years before we ever see them (when they enter youth setup after graduating the junior setup).

Add to this I often saw a 2-3 year lag in getting a good-to-great HOYD in and then noticing an uptick in my youth intakes.

So if you get a good HOYD in and notice no initial improvement in your intake, you may have to wait a year or two.

This might also change from country to country (the timing of entering the unseen junior ranks and how long they spend in them before entering the youth setup via the youth intake).

Also for everyone else out there, I am going to continue the challenge again, mates ... :)

Check this video, short description:

We were playing against Istanbul BBSK, and gave them a penalty kick on 85th minute, making them lead by 1 goal, 0-1 for us. I immediately changed the tactics to Overload.

Tekin Danaci equalised 3 minutes later, in 88th minute. It was a good relief, as we didn't want to lose that match. Then, the match continued with their attack, and the rest can be seen on the video, although I apologize for its speed being quite slow. My goalie got an assist now :D It was the first extended minute of overtime.

[video=youtube;AxPH6PJmw_A]

Players enter your clubs junior ranks 3-4 years before we ever see them (when they enter youth setup after graduating the junior setup).

No they don't, the game just generates a back story for them after it creates them. You can tell by reloading a save (of course only for testing, it's cheating in a real game!), you'll get completely different youth intakes each time.

Shakes- Welcome back. Good luck in France, shall we race eachother to the top? :p

Pacy was my second choice (love the name for a sports club) ... that would have been a real race!

No they don't, the game just generates a back story for them after it creates them. You can tell by reloading a save (of course only for testing, it's cheating in a real game!), you'll get completely different youth intakes each time.

I didn't mean they literally have the players designated but hidden within the game for 3-4 years in advance, but that it is simulated that way.

One of the devs (or mods, I forget which) was discussing the Junior Coaching facility and its effects and that they had to name it that and differentiate it from the older youth set-up category.

In effect your intake for year X is affected by you youth recruitment from year X - 3, your HOYD from year X - 3 (what you youth recruitment was when the juniors would have first enter the club as kids) and they are then affected by your junior coaching level during the 3 years they would be receiving it before they appear in your youth intake.

This way your youth intake is not a direct relation to your current youth recruitment and junior coaching, but how it was during the past when events are simulated to have occurred.

Lyon_duchere.png

Lyon Duchère A.S. - Championnat de France National 2013/2014 - 13th

League Table | Positions | Cup

When we won our first two league games by a combined 6-0 scoreline I though I'd underestimated the squad and it was going to be easy to survive. Unfortunately our form turned rapidly south, and when we lost 6 games in a row to put us 2nd last and 6 points from safety with 14 games to go, I'd all but given up on the season and hence the challenge with this team. Somehow we managed to turn it around though, losing only 2 games the rest of the way, picking up 26 points and managing to avoid the drop with ease. I'm not taking credit for it, because I have no idea how the team played so bad or why it suddenly stopped, I'll admit to being a passenger! Maybe the tactics finally gelled?

Cup wise we lost to a team a tier below us during our terrible run.

Most of the squad got a run at some point as I searched for answers. There's not a huge amount of potential left in my players so the youth intakes are going to be required to push us onwards and upwards.

Sadly I had a power outage straight after my original youth intake which contained a player who was ready for first team football immediately. :( This youth intake I ended up getting wasn't stellar even accounting for the star rating bug, only one player who looks a likely prospect, but he's certainly not an immediate answer:

Next Season

Just want to continue to survive, will retain virtually the whole squad and hope for some better youth intakes. The finances look very scary, 450k income vs 1.3m expenditure. Nothing I can really do about it, just hope the board pay for it, because going into administration would probably knock us down.

Season 2015/2016

admin_4fbf45a0db3d7.jpg

After booring season 2 in Kattering where I get medium place in league we got 3 season what I discover this season ? Check it out!:

Transfers

Table

Season like season before nothing special nothing bad, Holmes got more play in this season anyway we archive FA finals ! Lucky last Long shot give me a first trophy in fm13 and with Kattering . After that success I tried get some more lvl to get youth lvl increse and here is anserw Soo good and ofc Chariman at start of season agreed to up youth facilities for 1,5 ml euro so not bad hope next YI will be good . Also I decide to get new HOYD after that I get only halfstarts in s3 ...

Ok so now

Squad

Squad U18 becous Intake was sux so I decide show u18 how players going on

Lets look at my "stars"... which I was able get so far

Laurence Whiley YP00a : 26 match in league and 9 in cup most of them played on defensive middle 3 times PoM in League good season for him 7.06 overall in this season

Marc Holems YP01a : Holmes bigest progres so far he learn placec shot at end of the season but he players 31 (12) in league shot 14 goals 3 asist and 8 (2) in cup shoting 3 goals not bad for 17 yo player anyway I dont think he will be something more then Premier bet player but we will see how he will grove

Tyrone Herrera YP02a : Nothing special 2 stars like said last hoyd in intake 3,5 for my asistant wierd but k 2 (6) in league all that he get was yellow card nothing special from him now

Gez Goodfellow YP02b : 5 (9) in league 2 goals 5 asist as inside forward right not bad as a rookie hes playing well and next season he will stay in first team also 1(3) in cup with 1 goal and 1 asist ( that asist give me FA Trophy win in finals)

Thats all for now wierd that facilities showind 3 lvl when chairman said its now 2 lvl but I guess it will be change soon thats all for now looking season 4 lets hope new superstars will born :)

Also guys, I don't know if you're all aware, but there's currently a bug where the potential star rating of your youth candidates is lower than it should be. When you sign them and they join your u19's it will go up.

Shakes- Well done on staying up mate. What sort of tactic are you playing? I'm interested as you have experience of staying up ;)

Snoogle- Solid season there, hopefully you can push on into the playoffs next year.

As for myself, I got relegated :(. I'll restart with Pacy again and hopefully we'll find a bit of form!

In the next seasonal update I will be passing year 2020, and I decided I will do a complete summary of youth players. Each will have short description, initial printscreen, and actual printscreen, so you can see their development. I really enjoy if someone posts something like this (about the screens), so I guess you guys do also! :) Year 2020 just started for me, so just second half to go.

Lyon_duchere.png

Lyon Duchère A.S. - Championnat de France National 2014/2015 - 14th

League Table | Positions | Cup

Unlike last season we actually looked good for most of the year, sitting comfortably mid table, and sporting a slightly positive goal difference most of the way. The worst luck I'd had was beating Paris FC: they sacked their manager and hired my assistant. Not usually so bad, but being over the wage cap the board kept cancelling my attempts to hire a replacement for a couple of months!

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse towards the end, as our thin squad was hit with injuries and international call ups to obscure nations - at one point I was forced to field a tall striker at center back. Survival was a close run thing, with us losing on the last day and relying on results elsewhere to cling to the last safe spot by a point.

I also continued my tradition of being completely unable to make a cup run in this challenge.

Let 3 players walk and a 4th wouldn't re-sign from last year, leaving us a bit thinner, yet we're still 1.5k over our wage budget. Going to have to hope it can get survival done since this year's youth intake was awful, even after signing the "best" of them nobody was above 1.5 star potential.

Last year's crop produced three players who made their debut:

1. Ahmed Abdellaoue - ST - Good early performances from the bench but struggled when tried as a starter. Attributes are coming along nicely though.
  2. Samir Harrat - DM/MC - Hopefully should be ready for more appearances next year.
  3. Alain Drevet - DC - Wasn't ready but thrown in through injury, has developed well physically but needs improvement elsewhere.

Next Season

There's a takeover on the horizon, hopefully they throw some funding into the club because we're losing huge wads of cash. Being well over the wage budget with everyone expiring at the end of the year it will be hard to even keep the squad I do have together otherwise.

Tactically I think I need to mix it up from my 3-4-3 I've been running. It's surprisingly not that bad defensively but it's really not scoring as many goals as I thought it would.

So we survived. After a long season of struggle we beat the drop by a narrow margin. So the league started dreadfully for us and didnt pick up a win till december. This win kick started the season and i could see in the matches the boys were showing the will to win games. eventhough we didnt win many more there were alot of games we deserved to win or atleast draw but we just didnt have luck on our side. The real reason for the change in form was me switching the formation to a striker less one as our striker department isnt really good. The change meant we conceded less and scored more.

Intake Day- Youth Candidates

The player i tagged was a amc and had the highest potential.

Zekariya Sayili YP1 Im hoping he can come into the first team next season and develop well.

Key Players

Caner Yilmaz He was the heart of our midfield. Every thing we did well attacking wise was down to him. However his best moment of the season was scoring a first time shot from the halfway line which earnt him second in goal of the season.

Metin Ucar At the beggining of the season i had a choice of 2 goalkeepers this one and the one Tush used in his first season. I chose metin and he did quite well consiering half the time the defense literally just dissapeared during games. He is also progressing really well and now has 16 for reflexes.

Next season im hoping to push up to around mid table as i feel the players have improved and new teams got promoted so we should beat them. I hav managed to tie down all the players i want to keep to 3-4 year contracts and still have 5k left in my wage budget. we are however 130k in the red so im not expecting any facility improvement but ive already got quite good facilities.

Fenominal match today, guys! Started with Arezzo - some good old friendlies. Then came the Cup... After a 2-0 loss in the first match against Fano we played at home against Pontedera. Well... It was a 7-1 thrashing with 5 goals coming in the first half. My biggest win in competitive matches in FM2013! 7 shots on target, 7 goals and a megafluke from my leftback for everyone here to see!

[video=youtube;fp4dxqT9OGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp4dxqT9OGY

Shakes-That was very close! Unlucky on such a bad intake, but atleast Abdellaoue seems to be developing nicely.

manutdfan1999-Atleast you managed to survive this season! Hopefully the new tactic will lead to better results next season! Sayili looks like a decent player as well.

Shevchenko-Your left back has a nice foot :p

FC United Of Manchester-2019-2020

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

League-1st-Past Positions

Once again the team has exceeded expectations as we won our first title together. We started off very strongly and didn't lose a match until the 11th league game. We mantained very good form until the cups came into play as I rested players in the league to play in the cup. However, not going as far in the cups as last seaosn was a blessing in disguise as the team, who dropped to a season low of 4th place before going an a great run of reults to take back first place with eight games to go in the season. Eventually the season narrowed down to the final game. I was 2 points ahead of Accrington with a 10 goal advantage in goal difference, so a draw would be enough to win me the title. We conceded minutes into the game as Accrington went ahead in their own game, which had me worried we would lose out. However, new captain Leon Thorne rallied the side as we managed to equalize just as Accrington fell behind in their match. We went down again moments later, and once more Thorne equalized for us. Accrington endedup losing 4-1 as we drew 2-2 and ended the season with the title, and prmotion to League Two in the bag. FC United will be playing in the Football League!!!

Cups

We didn't do as well as last season but still did fairly well in the FA Cup.

FA Cup

We suffered a tough draw in eahc of the rounds and I was delighted that we were able to take League One side Millwall to a replay.

FA Trophy

A first round defeat to Macclesfield. Not to bothered as I put out the kids for both matches.

Previous Youth Players

Oliver Smith-YP0a(DRL)-Released March 2018-Retired 2018

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

Hard to believe he has been at the club for 7 years already. He had a great season and was an important part of our surprise title win. Scored his first goal for the club(managed 3 in the end) and made 6 assists. Will continue to be first choice DR.

Dominic Roberts-YP1b-GK

Lost his place to Kelly during pre-season and only played in the FA Trophy. Will remian at the club as back-up for now, but will most likely move on after next season.

Adrian Gregory-YP1c-D/M®-Released 2018-Retired 2018

Charlee Maguire-YP1d-AM/M®

I was expecting to release him, but he proved he was a very good back-up. Might lose his place in the bench to Cruse next season, but earned himself a new contract this time around after scoring three times and making 4 assists.

Charlie O'Reilly-YP1e-DC

Lost the Captain armband to Leon Thorne as the season started as he became more of a squad player. June 30th will see him leave the club as his contract expires. He captained the side for 2 seasons and played over 150 league games for the club. I will continue to monitor his progress should he find a new club.

Don Ryder-YP1f-M/AM®, ST-Released 2016, Retired 2016

Karl Prior-YP2a-ST

Prior has lived through it all. He has gone from star player, to second choice striker, to third choice, and now has become fourth choice after Tim Ablett's development. He only managed 3 goals and 2 assists this time around and will have to fight for his place in the first team squad, let alone the starting line-up.

Derek Wilson-YP2b-AMR/MR

The vice-captain was the most important player in our 10 match unbeaten start to the season that propelled us towards the title as he made assist after assist. He finished the season with a personal and club bets of 19 assists, and also managed to score 3 goals.

Leon Thorne-YP2c-ST

Undoubtedly our best striker, he managed to score 22 times this season in all competitions. Playing as a striker or a center midfielder, Thorne was constantly involved in the build up play, ending the season with 10 assists, 5PoM awards, and a very good Avg. Rating of 7.32.

Charles Chukwu-YP2d-AML/ML

Backup to Coleman, he played a veyr good amount of games and played very well every time I called on him. His flair allowed him to score 3 times and manage 9 assists, and he took advantage of the injuries Coleman suffered to earn more game time. Great season for Chukwu.

Jay Squires-YP2e-AML-RELEASED 2019

Hasn't found a club since his release, but has 4 clubs below the BSN/S after him.

Robbie Gammon-YP3a-MC/DM

He just can't take a break. After losing his place in the starting eleven to Thompson last season, he has drifted further down the pecking order due to Hawes's great form and the Youth Intake. Might be sold off at the end of the season if the new youngsters develop enough.

Sean Coleman-YP3b-AM(LC)/M(LC)

Was my first choice AML all season, managing 10 goals and 6 assists despite being constantly injured. He will be the starting AML in League 2 aswell and will hopefully become more consistent.

Declan Rowlands-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

Exceptional season from Rowlands and he made his first 3 U-21 caps for Wales and finished with a team high Avg. rating of 7.45 after being PoM in 6 league games.

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Thompson remains first choice in midfield but will have to play well to hold his place against Hawes and the new youth players.

Ian Lee-YP4a-DM/MC

Didn't play a single game for us and instead went on loan to Workington and then Guisely. The high amount of options at MC will see him leave the club on June 30th.

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CR)

Was my starting DL once more and did very well. He scored his first 2 goals for the club and has become a very reliable defender.

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

An injury plagued season and a 13 match goal drought saw him end witha relatively low goal count, but he performed very well during the goal drought and was unlucky to hit the posts multiple times. Became my second choice striker.

John Dunphy-YP4d-WBR/MR/AMR

Spent most of the season on loan at BSN club FC Halifax as he continues to work on playing as a DR. He will hopefully develop into a good back-up for Abbott.

Lewis Watkins-YP5a-MC

Another great season for the center midfielder as he continues to attract interest from Premier League and Championship clubs. However, he signed a 5 year deal in August, so he will remain my player for now.

Loyd Cruse-YP5b-AMR/MR/ST

Got a few games here and there and has become good enough to start if needed.

Andrew Kelly-YP6a-GK

A great pre-season saw him play all BSP and FA Cup matches this season. Better than Roberts without a doubt, he should continue to improve with game-time.

Josh Hawes-YP6b-MC/DM

He made huge strides this season and has beome a solid member of the first team squad. He will get lots of game time next season and it's up to him to use it wisely.

Youth Intake

Another good intake where we finnally got a player who might partner Rowlands in defense

Allan Gallimore-YP7a-DC/DM/MC

He has already played and will probably be used more in the center back position the coming season. Best prospect of the intake.

Solomon Murray-YP7b-MC/DC

He will hopefully develop into a good central defender as well as solid midfielder. Might be loaned out next season.

Dafydd Burrell-YP7c-MC

The midfielder will hopefully become a decent back-up for Watkins and should get some game time next season.

Bill Lundon-YP7d-MC/DM

Yet another midfielder, and another one who could become Watkins's back-up.

Goals From Last Season

• Re-sign youngsters that deserve new contractsACHIEVED!-Thorne, Maguire, Rowlands, O'Connor, Ablett, Gammon, etc got new contracts
  • Finish calmly in mid-table ACHIEVED!-WE WON THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Give Watkins A 5 year contract at lastACHIEVED!-He is now contracted to us until June 3th 2024
  • Improve somethingACHIEVED!-I managed to convince my poard to improve our Youth Level(hence the finances becoming red)

Goals For Next Season

• SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS
  • Make a financial profit

TheGreatTraveler - Great work on winning the league, that 5th tier in England is a bugger to get out of with only one automatic spot!

Shevchenko - Clearly an intentional play, he saw the keeper well forward and on a hard pitch the bounced lob was always on. :p

Hacettepe Spor

hacettepes.jpg

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Fixtures

Season 7 (2019/2020) summary:

Storming season! We had a very good start to the season, and perfect end to a season, with 12 wins in a row to wrap it up. We are the turkish champions this season, and will feature in ECC Group Stage automatically, which ensures us over €8m. I enjoyed our biggest (7-2) win against Samsunspor, and the last match of the season was also special. We beat Galatasaray 3-1, making them finish 7th, thus blocking our strong league rival (not club rival) of European competitions. Maybe our coefficients will suffer due to this, but who knows? Maybe I can get better ones!

I managed to tie up Erdogan Arslan in the end, for a few years. I just threw all bonuses I could afford on him and he finally accepted.

To turkish cup, we finished in 5th rnd, the next round would be group stage. I didn't want to play in it, because I wanted to have more fit squad in the league, so I am ... glad we lost.

We loaned one of our youth products for awesome €60k/month fee.

I'm just overjoyed with our success :)

Facilities: Junior coaching remains Exceptional. Youth recruitment remains Average. Youth facilities upgraded to Good. Training (shared) facilities remain Adequate.

Youth intake

Erkan Sezgin looks exciting, he will become 1st squad striker in no time.

Previous intake progression: (best players highlighted)

Oguz Yilmaz 00 - MR/AMR - Holidaying intake, he became useful AMR cover. 18yr old | Current

Zeynel Kaya 01 - MC - Playing as Ball winning mid, he is useful and developed nicely. Intake | Current

Tekin Danaci 02 - ST/AMR - Made huge improvement since he was little. Good poacher stats. Intake | Current

Arif Kuccuk 02 - DR - He became Starting 11 player, and now is fine pacy fullback. Current

Anil Kalecikli 02 - ST/AML - He is good to cover AML when main ones are injured. Current

Suleyman Ayaz 02 - DMC/MC - Good cover for the DM spot. Current

Ilyas Yilmaz 02 - MC - Playing the AP position, he is faring well, and also has good stats 18yr old | Current

Volkan Kalkan 03 - DC - Second defender star in our team, also has big attributes. Intake | Current

Kenan Aras 04 - DMC/MC - Retrained to natural DMC, he is excellent player, DLP for us. Intake | Current

Erdogan Arslan 04 - DC - Biggest star of the team, epic stats for turkish defender. Intake | Current

Burhan Asik 05 - GK - Young but very good keeper. Starting 11 player. Intake | Current

Ertugrul Oncu 05 - AMR/AML/ST - Covering all 3 positions, he has very nice stats. Intake | Current

Selman Ayhan 06 - DL - insane prospect, starting 11 player. Intake | Current

Cemal Verim 06 - MC - fine prospect. Current

Hacim Kaynak 06 - AML/ST - fine prospect. Current

Erdal Albayrak 06 - AMR/ST - fine prospect. Current

Erkan Sezgin 07 - ST - excellent prospect. Current

Ali Yilmaz 07 - DR/DL - good prospect. Current

Targan Yigit 07 - ML/AML - fine prospect. Current

Previous season goals:

1) Try to get in at least 6th position (EURO cup qual) - OK - 1st spot meaning ECC Group Stage.

2) Profit again OK - €10m profit at the end of the season.

Goals for next season:

1) Get at least one point in ECC Group Stage

2) Qualify at least for EURO cup, if not ECC

Season      League             Position    Cup                 Europe        Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Second Division/A  9th         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2014/15     Second Division/A  1st         3rd Qual rnd        N/A           Direct Promotion
2015/16     First Division     14th        3rd Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2016/17     First Division     1st         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Direct Promotion
2017/18     Premier Division   11th        4th Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2018/19     Premier Division   8th         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Improved position
2019/20     Premier Division   1st         5th Qual rnd        N/A           League winners! ECC qualification

FC Porto has won the Champions league

Chelsea has won the EURO cup

Tush - Congrats on the league win, took me a few more years to claim the first title, and I don't really blame you for avoiding the group stages in the cup, that January fixture list is always brutal. And Champions Cup money is really good, money for draws and wins in the group stages (about 2x turkey money), and then money for turning up in each of the KO stages, not to mention the ridiculous TV money.

I'd settle for earning points at Parla. Might end up restarting elsewhere, Spain and me have never really agreed with each other. Not that it will matter much, but my youth intake is mocking me, doubly so, no keeper and just 1 good player.

Parla Palaver is probably the most apt description of the season, not really being out of the relegation zone, and ending up finishing comfortably dead last in the league.

Not sure what it is, I just can't seem to get along with Spain. Going to be playing the Turkey save this weekend so will be starting up elsewhere next week.

And here's the comical youth intake that it gave me, with the one obvious youth player.

Bah, relegated by other results in the last round before I even get to play my match. :( Only managed one win from the last 13 games, was looking comfortably mid table until that point.

Oh well it was third time lucky last year, maybe I'll restart elsewhere.

Decided I'm going to go and try to finish what I started in FM 2012, back to Portugal.

Real_Sport_Clube.png

Chose Real SC as they have Ivanir Rodrigues, the only non youth product who was in my all-time best XI at the end of my Pontassolense save. Looking forward to being re-united with him again!

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 22/23

Serie-A-logo.png

Serie A - 12th

Our second season in Serie A and another 12th place finish! Despite finishing in the same position, we actually ended on 7 fewer points than we did last year and suffered from second season syndrome a little.

We're still extremely leaky at the back and concede first far too often in games. I have faith though; our defence is still young so there's lots of room for improvement there.

Frediani and Baldini were excellent once again and were key to our survival, they seem more than capable at playing at this level.

I've started to integrate a lot of our "untagged" youngsters as the original players we had are dying out so they may take a while to get used to the league but they look like they can do a good job as back up.

This season also saw the first senior caps for 2 of our youngsters! Annuziata was called up numerous times for the Italy squad and Baldini has earned 1 cap.

Overall though, a brilliant season and we've managed to consolidate our self within the league.

Milan finished 11th in Serie B…

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Fourth Qualifying Round

We couldn’t make it into the Coppa Italia proper and dropped out to Modena in the last stage of qualifiers.

Transfers - Only going out

Player of the year

Brando Frediani (YP01a) – ST/AMC – It was Brando's turn to step up and take the plaudits this season. He was absolutely brilliant for us and proved how potent he can be, grabbing 24 goals in all comps. Still not been called up to the Italy squad despite his good form, which is an outrage!

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

This year's intake sees 2 players getting tagged for the first time since 2014! And again its defence minded players, as has been the way of our recent intakes. I'm really excited to see what Pulcini can do at right back, an area at which we've been struggling recently. Monticciolo looks like he'll be able to provide some cover for Annuziata and Antico so will be useful to have.

Niccolo Pulcini (YP010a) – DL/DR/WBL

Attributes

Riccardo Monticciolo (YP010b) – DC/DR

Attributes

Youth Watch

Not much more to say about Brando Frediani (YP01a). A fantastic year from the club legend. My only worry is that he's reaching the wrong side of 25, funny how the years fly by!

Domineco Leccese (YP01b) was pretty solid this season and proved he can do a job at this level.

Despite conceding a shed load of goals, Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) nearly averaged 7 for the season which proves he’s still doing a job between the sticks but needs some help form our defence.

Silvio Giusti (YP02b) is starting to struggle at this level. He's the weakest point in our back line and I don't think he's cut out for the top level. Will be battling with Pulcini for a place at right back next season.

Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) continues to play a role as back-up.

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) has just been made club captain as I think he's best equipped to lead this club to glory. We had a few tiffs at the start of the season and Baldini even requested a transfer after me fending off interest from Arsenal and Schalke. I refused of course and his form started to drop for a while. In the end we worked things out though and he finished the season strongly. I'm hoping the captain's armband can instil some loyalty into the lad. As mentioned, was called up for the Italy squad against Luxembourg but failed to score.

Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) had a slightly better season this time around but is still struggling to adapt to this level. We've got an untagged player who also does a job on the right wing so will have to fight for his position.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) had a solid season at left back and has turned into a vey good player. He's an integral part of our back line.

The rock! Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) was magnificent for us this season and one of our best performers. Is now a regular in Italy's back line, which has seen his value rocket up. I'm going to need to hold onto him if we're to move up the table.

The other half of our twin destroyers, Raffaele Antico (YP08a) is only one step behind Annuziata don't think it'll be long before he makes the journey to the Italian national squad.

Marcelo Matteoli (YP09a) has come on leaps and bounds this season and looks like he might be able to reach his potential after all. It can't come sooner as I feel we lack a strong presence in our midfield.

Season 22/23 Objectives

So we managed to avoid the drop yet again in what was a very successful campaign. The board were delighted with that and so was I.

Training and youth facilities were upgraded which was a result.

- Avoid relegation - Achieved!

- Improve facilites/YRN - Achieved!

Season 23/24 Objectives

We're now a Serie A club as far as I'm concerned and its time to start building on our foundations. If we can stop leaking as many goals I think we've got a chance of pushing into the top 10 and that’s my main objective for next season.

Facilities are still sub standard despite being upgraded so I'll be looking for them to be improved again.

I’d also like to bring a new HOYD in.

-Break into top 10

-Improve facilities

-Sign new HOYD

duffy they went just fine i guess :cool:

Just had an amazing game vs Besiktas, at half-time we were losing 0-2, then we snatched one back, but also conceded to make it 1-3. My team started the engines and well, in the end we won 4-3 :D shame I already had comeback king unlocked in november :)

bannersje.png

"The Silver Jubilee"

Wow, 25 years at Excelsior Veldwezelt already?!?

It has certainly been a fun 25 years and after this seasons update below I will give a quick up review of the journey so far.

The League

Urgh. A great league season ruined by a terrible last 2 games. Genk came from way back after the regular season to steal the title from under our noses, in our backyard on the last day of the season. We just needed a draw in the final game, but Genk won 2-3.

Regular Season Table

Regular Season Results

Championship Group Table

Championship Group Results

Belgian Cup

Won it for the second year in a row.

Belgian Cup Results

Champions League

Same old Veldwezelt story in the Champions League! Progressed from the group stages for the 8th time in a row, but again in 2nd place. Meaning we had to play a group winner in the 1st KO Round and this time it was Real Madrid. We put in 2 great performances. An unlucky 1-2 loss at home followed by a heartbreaker at the Santiago Bernabeu. A 2-1 win in normal time sent us to extra time. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed, which would have given us a HUGE edge with away goals. But alas, Madrid then stuck 1 in themselves and we failed to break them down for a winner.

Champions League Results

Players.

Bernt Cevik (YP 20b) just went nuts this year. 31 goals in all competitions, 27 in the league alone (in just 29 starts and 2 sub appearances). Also add in 22 assists! He is now the clubs 2nd 'Worldwide' reputation player alongside.....

Orkun Deniz (YP 20a) Doesn't always get the ratings he deserves, but he is an essential cog in the 550 formation.

Youth Intake

Again disappointing, costing Neri Cardozo his job. With the current display bug the potentials are not quiet as bad as displayed here, but they are still well below par.

Squad Stats

Transfers

25 Years On

General Information 2013

General Information 2038

Facilities 2013

Facilities 2038

Starting XI June 2038

GK - Kerem Senguler - Stalwart between the sticks. Unheralded out of the youth ranks, but has been a great servant

DCR - Reynauld Pelletier (YP 18b) - Still just 22 yrs old, quality French youth international who is often overshadowed by our rock, Klaas

DC - Klaas Verbruggen (YP 13a) - Mr Reliable. 84 caps for Belgium. Quality

DCL - Timmy Theunissen - Not even tagged out of the youth set-up, so very glad he has proved us all wrong. A much needed left footed DC

WBR - Serge N'Simba (YP 22a) - Quickly becoming my favorite player. Just 18, originally a DM, he has taken to the WBR role effortlessly and I am expecting big things from him for years to come

WBL - David Stevens (YP 18a) - Another DM-turned-wingback project. David often still fills in either role. Quality

DMR - Orkun Deniz (YP 20a) - Mr In demand. Every big club is after him and so far I have scared them off.

DML - Pawel Gajda (YP 18c) - Quality, under appreciated DM who gives Orkun the freedom to do his thing

AMCR - Bernt Cevik (YP 20b) - 1 half of the pacey outside AMCs. Bernt was the top scorer in Europe this year to go along with his European Golden Boy, Belgian Player of the Year, Belgian Top Scorer and Belgian Golden Boot (twice) awards

AMC - Ahmed Arab (YP 13a) - The string-puller in the team, a great playmaker. African Footballer of the year twice.

AMCL - Antonio Lebron (YP 22b) - The other half of the speed merchants. a great outlet

The Trophy Cabinet

1 - Third Division A

5 - Pro League

5 - Belgian Cups

5 - Belgian Super Cups

Targets For Year 26, 2038-39

* Avenge the loss of the title

* Improve squad depth

* Challenge in Europe

Archived