ri916's FM13 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hacettepe Spor

hacettepes.jpg

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Fixtures

Season 6 (2018/2019) summary:

Overall this was a good season, we managed to get comfortable in Premier Division. Turkey Premier Division is 9th in rankings, so prize money is very high, making us to earn over €3m through the season. This being done, I managed to convince my board to upgrade youth facilities for €2.3m. I would be glad if our link with Genclerbirligi got cancelled as I also want to finally upgrade my own training facilities, and not share them with league rivals. We also have our first feeder team.

Youth players are now almost covering the whole team. The only position that remains with "older" player is AML position, and 2 of my youth can cover that up easily. :)

Both of my Central Defenders are capping regularly for Turkey senior team, Many of my other youth players are capping on U21 level, and the new ones are at U19 level :)

Facilities: Junior coaching remains Exceptional. Youth recruitment remains Average. Youth facilities will be upgraded from Average to Good. Training (shared) facilities remain Adequate.

Youth intake - Selman Ayhan is good. I also signed the rest with 2* potential, turns out it actually is 4-5* pot. :)

Best of this year's intake:

Selman Ayhan - Very good DL/WBL :)

Previous intake progression:

Ilyas Yilmaz 02 - Turkish Premier Division Young Player of the Year winner

Volkan Kalkan 03

Kenan Aras 04

Erdogan Arslan 04 - Turkish Premier Division Young Player of the Year runner-up

Burhan Asik 05

Ertugrul Oncu 05

Previous season goals:

1) Stay in Premier Division. OK

2) Upgrade youth facilities. OK

Goals for next season:

1) Try to get in at least 6th position (EURO cup qual)

2) Profit again

Season      League             Position    Cup                 Europe        Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Second Division/A  9th         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2014/15     Second Division/A  1st         3rd Qual rnd        N/A           Direct Promotion
2015/16     First Division     14th        3rd Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2016/17     First Division     1st         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Direct Promotion
2017/18     Premier Division   11th        4th Qual rnd        N/A           Not relegated
2018/19     Premier Division   8th         4th Qual rnd        N/A           Improved position

Olympique Lyon has won the Champions league

SL Benfica has won the EURO cup

You don't need the transfer money if you keep placing in or around the top-half in Turkey, the prize money from wins/draws is more than enough to keep you afloat. The only times I've lost money since being there is when I've gone crazy with the facility expansions, and that's with wages being £20m+ a year now too.

The only other times I've had to worry about transfers is when one of the big 3 decides they want one of the youngsters before he's signed a full contract, thankfully none of them have left, yet.

Took a couple of weeks off from playing FM so will have an update later this week.

Yeah ... Arslan's contract is running out this season, and Besiktas + Galatasaray are interested in signing him ... who wouldn't be ... So I tried to offer a new deal :D

He currently earns €200/week :D And demands €22000/week, with me being able to offer just around 13-15k. Well, bonuses, here I come! :)

Worksop Town FC

worksop_zps17105064.png

So, here I am! As manager of Worksop I'll be attempted to follow both dafuge's and ri916's challenges in the same save game. The club itself was a shock promotion to the Blue Square Regional Leagues (at least going off my knowledge of the area, history, reputation and so on!) so dragging them up the leagues with no transfers should be.. different.

Worksop's claim to fame is its age, claiming to be the 4th oldest football team there is! Thats about all there is to get excited about when it comes to the club overview...

The squad tells its own story. Some young players with potential, but that is relative to the rest of the team. The 5* potential players could be good Blue Square North players at best. Best player is a 42 year old goalkeeper who has no defence infront of him, great!

Pre-Season

2013-01-09_00005_zpsf23f00d6.jpg

While the results weren't bad, they did get worse as the season drew nearer and opposition got better. Biggest relief was no injuries and the players apparently having at least half an idea of what I am asking them to do tactically!

One piece of good news did come from the board at least, what will be a much needed upgrade to our youth network.

Hmm, not good Mike, hopefully if you can get promoted this year, your wage budget will go back up due to increased attendances. We were losing huge sums of money in C2 and still are in C1. I think I've been lucky that the board keep sticking some cash in, but we're still a few hundred grand in the red. Fingers crossed for you mate :thup:

Wow, he looks a cracker Tush! No wonder the big boys are interested, good luck in keeping him, you'll just have to offer him everything you can!

Good luck Peter! Worksop, the home of Lee Westwood :D

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 17/18

1240784423LegaPRO-1.jpg

Lega Pro Seconda Divisione - Group B - 5th

What a fantastic effort form the lads :applause:. We finished 5th in the league, therefore getting into the playoffs! I was delighted with that alone but what followed was something really special…

The semi final put us up against second place, Virtus Lanciano. We both had our chances in the first leg but it was a nervy affair and the match ended 0-0. The second leg was played away from home and the performance was simply phenomenal. We ground out a 2-1 victory which put us into the playoff final!

Luckily Frosinone put out Lecce as I really didn't fancy playing them in the final. We decided to play a positive game plan in the first leg and effectively put the tie to bed with a 4-1 demolition! I was still nervous about the second leg but we remained strong and ground out a 1-1 draw to win the playoffs!

Atletico Arezzo are going to Serie B!!! Here’s the playoff results for good measure.

I made a couple of decisions at the start of the season after last year's solid but frustrating campaign. I was rotating too much and our strikers weren't gelling. I decided to send Ruglioni and Taddei out on loans and play Frediani and Baldini up front for every match. If they got injured Dieme could cover or I'd recall the loans.

I'm so glad I did as Frediani and Baldini formed a fantastic partnership up front and without a doubt they were our best performers. We couldn't have got promoted without them. I also put Dieme out on the left wing as it was one of our weak areas and he did a fantastic job as a makeshift winger.

coppa_italia_lega_pro-1.png

Coppa Italia Lega Pro - First Round

We got knocked out in extra time to Lecce, I didn’t lose much sleep over that one and I gladly wave goodbye to the Coppa Italia Lega Pro.

Transfers - Only going out

Player of the year

Brando Frediani (YP01a) - ST/AMC – I think you know what happens by now. Brando Frediani plays, he scores, he assists, he gets my player of the year. Some things just never change!

He's not just my player of the year though, he was also the best player in the league:

Screenshot2013-01-06at201332-1.png

And that was because if this:

Screenshot2013-01-06at200139-1.png

I’ve got a serious (electronic/guy?) crush on this lad and can’t praise him enough.

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

Again only one player gets tagged this season. Left back Giaccherini looks to have some potential but is very raw and his mental stats leave a lot to be desired. Still he must have some potential so I'll see how he gets on!

Maicol Giaccherini (YP05a) – AMR/MR

Attrbutes

Youth Watch

As noted, Brando Frediani (YP01a) had a sublime season and is now officially a club legend! He's grown significantly from when he first came through are ranks and it's hard to believe he was our first player to be tagged. Just signed a new contract so I've got him for a few more years.

Domineco Leccese (YP01b) got 2 assists and a goal! Phenominal stuff! All jokes aside this guy is key to us and is the real engine room of our midfield as shown in his 7.15 average rating.

Brunello Ruglioni (YP01c) was sent out on loan to Serie D where he bagged plenty of goals. I was expecting a bit of growth due to the number of games he played but I wonder now how much further he can go. I may loan him again just to keep him match fit and scoring.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) is a real class act. He saved us countless times this season and continues to grow rapidly. God help us if he gets injured. Was called up to the Italy squad for the U20 World Cup and played about half of their matches. He hasn't been called up since, which is odd as he did a good job and has been fantastic for us this season.

Another one of our star performers, Silvio Giusti (YP02b) was solid at the back for us and continues to develop though not as fast as some of our youngsters. Still, I'm glad to have him in the squad.

Like Ruglioni, Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) was loaned out to a Serie D side and did well, developing a bit in the process. I think he can play a part at the club but may loan him again just to keep him fit and recall him if needed.

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) proved he's the real deal this season and was key to our success. Interest continues to grow in him and towards the end of the season all the transfer talk was getting to his head. The dreaded "wants to move to a bigger club" conversation came up and he agreed that he would stay if we got promotion over the next couple of seasons. Luckily we did and he seems happy again. Time to swoop in with a new contract me thinks.

Wow! I think Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) needs to be drug tested as he'd developing at a superhuman rate! Fell free to pass whatever you're taking round the squad, son. I'll turn a blind eye :D. Back on the pitch Giaccherini had a great first season and will be a key player for us out on the right flank.

Season 17/18 Objectives

Although I set the objective of reaching the playoffs I never seriously considered going up! I'm absolutely delighted and really looking forward to the challenge of Serie B. Another key success was tying our players down to long term contracts. I had to offer Frediani every clause under the sun but managed to sign him up for another few years as well as our other youngsters. Reminded me of this, just call me Arsène :D

-Reach the playoffs - Achieved and then some!

-Integrate new youth prospects into team and develop - Achieved!

-Get our best players to sign new contracts - Achieved!

Season 18/19 Objectives

Objective number one is simple: don't get relegated. Looking back, there wasn't much difference in terms of quality between Serie C1 & C2 but Serie B is a huge step up. We'll be up against the likes of Lazio, Catania and Cagliari so it's not going to be easy.

And I think we can finally look at moving the club along facilities and staff wise. We have more slots for coaches now couple with a higher rep so I'll be looking to boost our coaching team.

Serie B will also provide us with some TV money and of course higher attendances so I reckon we can increase our facilities, which is much needed if we're to produce youngsters who can compete at this level.

-Avoid relegation

-Improve coaching staff

-Improve facilities

realspal.jpg

Season 2 Review - 2014/15

Lega Pro Seconda Divisione A

Season Highlights

We started off the season trialling some new tactics (4-2-4 - technically an attacking 4-2-2-2, and a 4-1-2-2-1 counter attack attack). The main move in our tactics was attempting to retrain Paolo Rossi as a wide right player seeing as we were bereft of players in that position.

This was going to boom or bust given that the board were demanding promotion and the media had us painted as one of the teams to beat. However I knew the season woudl be difficult with teams such as Perugia, Venezia, Salernitana, Alessandria and Foggia to contend with.

So into the season we went with our young hopeful Tiberio Genovali YP14 scoring his first goal for the club in a pre-season and the new tactics working quite well were all set to hit the ground running, however that's not quite what happened as we started slow and took until our 4th match to get our first win in the league.

Worse was yet to come as the board decided not to pump any cash into the club, despite losing €140k per month and being over €1.4m in the red. Instead they decided to drop my wage budget to €4k less than we were spending before I had secured the futures of any of our 13 off contract players - pretty much most of the first team.

A third of the way through the season and we were comfortably in midtable (8th - 13pts from automatic promotion), howver this wasn't good enough for the board, nor was it good enough for me, a few curt words were given to the players during a morale boosting team meeting, plus a decision to give Tiberio Genovali YP14 some game time paid dividends.

Young Genovali picked up his first 2 goals for the club, and assisted another in a man of the match performance off the bench in a 3-1 home win against Savona. While his first goal was a scrappy goal mouth scramble, the second was a lob volley from nearly halfway with the keeper stranded on the edge of his area, a wonderful sight to see from a striker who's supposed to be a solid target man.

By the time we hit halfway we were still 12pts from automatic promotion and were only holding our position in the playoff spots (6th) due to an unbeaten home record that had yielded 8 wins and 4 draws. If we coudl just get a few wins away from home we knew we'd rise up the league quickly as we were starting to score lots of goals with our attacking formation. However an away line of 1 win, 4 draws and 6 losses did not make for healthly reading.

Then in March we lost Genovali YP14 for around 7 weeks, just as he was starting to form an impressive partnership with Roberto Rocchi leading the line of our attack.

At the end of the regular season we had clinched a playoff spot, although to be honest this was never really in danger thanks to a 10 game unbeaten streak and only 1 loss in the last 13 matches, however we couldn't get anywhere near an automatic promotion spot finishing 4th, 10pts behind Andira (2nd) and 12pts behind the Champions, Perugia.

Blocking our path to the next tier of Italian Football would firstly be Bellaria, a team we had yet to lose to having a 2 win and 2 draw record. For the first leg away from home we switched to a 4-3-3 formation to crowd the middle of the park, whiel this may strange to use a new tactic in a playoff match the players adapted to it really well and played a nice controlled game of football coming away with a 0-0 draw in the first leg.

Bringing the second match to a sellout with a full 7,000 attendance at the Paolo Mazza was a sight to behold. We went into the match with the plan to maintain the 4-3-3 formation from the kickoff and then revert to our attacking 4-2-4 at halftime to try and kill off the tie. However Bellaria were controlling the football and we were only getting them on the break. Despite their domination in possession we created the most chances, however another stalemate woudl be the result and our higher seeding ensured progression to the final, where our opponents woudl be Salernitana.

Relegated the previous season by way of the playout (finishing 13th in their league) we knew that Salernitana would be hungry to return to the division above. Both regula season matches had also been 1-1 draws and we knew that we had a 180 minute battle in front of us. As the lower seeded team we played the home leg first to yet another sellout crowd. We played the perfect game of football, stopping the visitors from getting a single shot on target while snatching a 1-0 victory thanks to a Tiberio Genovali YP14 penalty early in the second half.

Heading to Salerno we knew we had the game in our hands, I had committed before the match to go out hard early with our attacking 4-2-4 formation to try and get the early goal to force our higher seeded hosts to go searching for at least 2 goals, however the plan backfired immediately with the home team scoring inside the first minute from a poorly defended free-kick on the right flank. We struggled to get ourselves into the match, however we perservered with our attacking intent knowing that just one goal was needed to give us the advantage, and it was one of younger players, left winger Mattia Piras who took a through ball and threaded his shot inside the far post just after the restart to put us in the box seat again. Our hosts hit back strong however Piras popped up 10 minutes later to effectively end the tie with a rasping shot from outside the area after he was found in a central area. We changed to a more cautious 4-1-4-1 formation and saw the game out with a great level of professionalism to ensure that promotion was ours.

On gaining promotion our fans went a little crazy, however the board while pleased did not share the euphoria of our fans, deeming that promotion was the minimum a club with the stature of SPAL coudl expect, to say I was a little miffed was an understatement. However nothing could dampen my enthusiasm and I soon forgot about the board, for a little while at least.

Now our financial problems had been well documented, €2.8m in the red, losing €140k per month and a wage budget that had dropped €10k in just two seasons. So when the board announced that they were injection some cash to help the club I was certain that we'd see a hefty 6 figure sum at least, if not a small 7 figure sum come into the coffers and hopefully a wage budget increase to keep some of our stars from the promoton run. How wrong I was as a paltry €150k was invested into the club, and then to make matters worse I was sent an email (not even a proper meeting) to be told that our wage budget would remain the same, €19k per week, for teh next season.

So whiel asuccessful season on the pitch the board has done nothing to assist with our climb back into Serie C1 and with the likes of Roberto Rocchi (top scorer with 22 league goals and runner-up in the player of the year award), our entire first choice back 4 (Francesco Bini - our DC rock, Giovanni Rossi - attacking left back, Matteo Ton our best wide defender who can cover both sides and Nicola Cintoi), Alessandro Marongiu (another of our key strikers), Mattia Piras (our promotion playoff hero) along with veterans Paolo Rossi and Fidele Muwana all off contract in about 2 weeks next season is looking doomed already.

Season 2014/15 Objectives

- The board wanted promotion so we gave it to them! ACHIEVED

- Find a way to play football without a recognised right sided midfielder as Davide Marchini didn't renew before his contract ran out and he left the club - ACHIEVED

- Get Tiberio Genovali some playing time ACHIEVED

Youth Intake

A much better youth intake this time around with both Carmelo Iampieri and Enzo Todesco looking the goods. This year I offered contracts to just about every youth candidate knowing that we might not have many players next season and this unearthed one more talent in Dario Mazzucchelli.

Carlo Iampieri YP15 - Carlo is the right winger we don't have at the moment. He's got a lot more development to go before he gets close to the first team, however the potential is there.

Darrio Mazzucchelli YP15 - A lot to like about Dario, a right sided defender with a high work rate. In an ideal world I'd say he's too young to come anywhere near the first team next season, however neccessity might dictate some playing time.

Enzo Todesco YP15 - Definitely the best player of this youth intake, the young striker is a wizard with a deadball at just 16 years of age and looks to be pretty composed in front of goal. If we work on his physical attributes he may see some first team action in 2015/16.

Summary of Previous Youth PLayers

Tiberio Genovali YP14 - Tiberio made his debut this year and proved that he's definitely a star in the making. Whiel he's not the paciest of strikers he works hard, runs all day and generally akes a nuisance of himself in the opposition penalty area. In the washup he made 25 appearances (15 from the bench), scoring 6 goals and grabbing 2 assists, a very promising debut season in the first team.

Mirko Bettari YP14 - Mirko made two appearances from the bench without any significant impact, however he progressed well on the physical and mental side and will likely feature some more in the next season.

Another 'young' player worth a mention is GK Matteo Busato who at 19y/o took over from Luca Brignoli in goal and kept 8 clean sheets in 32 league matches whiel conceding 39 goals despite our attacking formation - thankfully he's still with us for next season. Matteo was already at the club when I joined.

Conclusion

A great season on the pitch with very limited support from the men in suits. All I can hope is that many of the players don't leave as soon as their contracts expire otherwise we'll be fielding close to an U20 side in the league next year.

Our home form was vital in our promotion going the whole season without losing (except a pre-season frieldnly to Alaves of Spain).

Our Cup form was horrible dropped in the first qualifying round of the TIM Cup to Reggiana and the Coppa Italia Lega Pro 1st Round by Aversa Normanna.

I did get a new contract for the next season so I'll start the season at SPAL, however I'm going to have to develop some great tactics to get us through next season unscathed unless we have some significant cash injection or a change of heart regarding the wage budget from the board.

Screenshots of Value

Squad at the end of the season

Final League Table

Transfers

Season 2014/15 Objectives

- My own objective is to not be relegated and maintain my job, I'm sure the board will have some crazy idea about making the top half of the table or something

- With some non-playing staff leaving, such s my Ass. Man and Physio's plus my HoYD I'm on the look out for some new faces to add to my support crew

Just had confirmation of how good one of my players is at the beginning of 2028.

YannickAvada_NewsInbox-5_zpsc71b626f.png

He also received an improved contract earlier in the season, bumping his minimum release clause up to £43m, so if someone tries to grab him, it'll cost them.

Really good job on getting promoted mike :thup:

Jeeze, your board are harsh! Really hope you can hold onto your players, Genovali looks like a fantastic talent, i think he can do the business in the Prima Divisione.

Cheers, It's my own fault for not renewing contracts early in the season when I had a little bit of wage room. However I have a potential solution, release the 5 or 6 guys I'm happy to lose which should put me about €2-3k under my wage budget and allow me to resign at least 2 if not 3-4 of my key players, it's going to be great if it works and a really hard decision as well on who to keep and not keep.

Atletico Arezzo

duffy89 - season 18/19

full_3676.jpg

Serie B - 15th

42 games later and we're still in Serie B! A little battered and bruised but we managed to avoid the drop. This season was a real slog, not only due to the higher standard of teams but the increased number of games (we only had to play 30 in Serie C1). We were thrown into the deep end straight away, playing Pisa(A), Lazio (H) and Cagliari (A). I knew we would have to battle if we were to stay up.

The one thing we did well was score goals bagging 71. Frediani and Baldini proved they can play at this level and if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t know where we’d be. Our defence was shaky, however, and we conceded way too many goals for my liking letting in 74 for the season .

I regret sending Taddei on loan again as we needed him towards the end of the season when the games were bunching up and Baldini was injured for a month. Dieme filled in but I was unable to recall Taddei due to it being outside the transfer window. An error on my part.

Ultimately, though, we did what was needed and have shown we have what it takes to play in this league. A solid foundation to build on.

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - Third Qualifying Round

We came up against strong opposition in Serie A side Chievo and despite a spirited performance crashed out.

Player of the year

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) - ST – What? Something must be wrong here, surely Brando Frediani gets this every year. While Frediani had a great year, Baldini had a fantastic one. He was top goal scorer for the team and proved to be one of the most clinical finishers in the league bagging 25 goals in his first season in the Serie B.

Those 25 league goals meant he broke Frediani’s previous record. I can sense some friendly competition going on here…

Screenshot2013-01-11at205346.png

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

I really like the look of Annuziata and have high hopes for this lad. He should add some much needed skill to our back line and he’ll step straight into the first team.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) – DC/DR

Attrbutes

Youth Watch

He may have missed out on player of the year but Brando Frediani (YP01a) still had a fantastic season. 20 goals and 16 assists show how key he his to the team and I’m delighted he continues to grow.

Domineco Leccese (YP01b) seems to be getting better every year! A nice 6 goal tally is his best yet and he was solid throughout the year.

Brunello Ruglioni (YP01c) was loaned out to the lower leagues and again filled his pockets. I might just keep him in the squad this season to give us some more depth. I don’t think he can develop any more but for the time being he’ll do as a back up.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) must make more saves than anyone else in the league due to our shaky defence and he’s a key, key player for us. Made some noises about wanting to move to a bigger club but I told him to stay and he’s piped up for the time being.

Silvio Giusti (YP02b) seems to slowing down growth wise and had a so so season . He’s still young, however, and has turned into a decent defender.

Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) had a decent season in C1 and I reckon he’s ready to play some games in Serie B.

Player of the Year, Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) was excellent this season. He’s now our most valuable player and interest continues to be high. Luckily he signed a new contract last season so he’s staying put for the foreseeable future.

Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) continues to grow rapidly and is now a key player in our squad. Still only 17, I’ve got high hopes for this lad.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) has clearly been borrowing some tips from Giaccherini and has grown something crazy this season! A great debut season in Serie B and is key to our defence.

Season 18/19 Objectives

A fantastic effort from the players means we meet our main objective in avoiding the drop.

Behind the scenes, we revamped our coaching staff and now have a minimum of 3 stars for each training category.

We managed to increase our Junior Coaching, which is a bonus too.

-Avoid relegation - Achieved!

-Improve coaching staff - Achieved!

-Improve facilities - Achieved!

Season 19/20 Objectives

We've still got a fight on our hands if we're to stay in the league so I'll be aiming to avoid relegation again this year.

I think this is finally the time for me to get rid of my ass man. His contract is running out and I think there’s much better options out there. We also need to make some additions to our U20 coaching staff.

Our facilities are crap for Serie B standards so I really want to improve them. Whether we have enough money is another issue.

-Avoid relegation

-Improve coaching staff

-Improve facilities

FC United Of Manchester-2016-2017

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

League-3rd-Promoted Via Play-Offs

I can't describe in words what a great season we had. As per usual, we started of very brightly and where in the play-off spots in the first few weeks of the season. But unlike past seasons, this time we where able to keep ourselves in the play-off spots throughout the season. After releasing a big part of the 'old gang' after last season, the youngsters now where the heart of the team. Charlie O'Reilly became my captain and had a wonderful season at DC, fixing our biggest problem from last season-our defending. Dominic Roberts became my starting keeper at long last and was able of making some very important saves in key games. The play-off semifinal was against Workington, who had done the double over me in the regular season. However, a late goal from substitute Jay Walcott gave me the lead ahead of the second leg, when we got a convincing 3-1 win to secure a place in the play-off final against Grimsby. And what a game that was. They got ahead early on, but Leon Thorne was able to equalize. They went ahead once more few minutes later, but then Karl Prior was the one equalizing for us. The game continued at this incredible pace, with Dominic Roberts having his best game in goal so far, before Derek Wilson's cross went in by accident to send FC United to the BSP!

Cups

Played Youngsters in both of them, dissapointed in the FA Cup but did very well in the FA Trophy

Previous Youth Players

Oliver Smith-YP0a(DRL)

Played quite a few games after impressing on loan at Darlington, but will have to improve A LOT to earn a new contract this season and remain in the team.

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

Had a wonderful season in the right back spot, and (according to my Assistant) is my best player. Although he didn't score last season, he managed to get quite a few assists and was vital in our very solid defensive performance. First YP to get 100 games :)

Dominic Roberts-YP1b-GK

Became my starter from very early on and had some outstanding performances throughout the season. However, he did make a few too many mistakes that could cost us a lot in the BSP. Overall, a good season for the keeper.

Adrian Gregory-YP1c-D/M®

Handed in a trasnfer request early in the season(which I rejected) due to wanting more playing time. A 1 month loan (And a 3 week period where Abbott was injured) gave him good game time. Might struggle to get as much game time next season with the new players that popped out of the academy.

Charlee Maguire-YP1d-AM/M®

Earned a place in the first team as second choice AMR, has developed very well. His crosses are deadly and makes good back-up to Wilson

Charlie O'Reilly-YP1e-DC

Became captain at the start of the season despite a lack of appearances and made good use of the armband by becoming my starting DC. He also became a very good player going forward, scoring 4 times this season. Will lead the team onto the challenge of the BSP.

Don Ryder-YP1f-M/AM®, ST-Retired 2016

After his release at the end of last season, he retired from professional football.

Karl Prior-YP2a-ST

Had a better season than last time, scoring 19 goals in all competitions and giving 8 assists to his team mates. Would've been player of the season if it wasn't for the surprise that Leon Thorne was this season. Between them, they scored 40 goals in all competitions, destroying the BSN.

Derek Wilson-YP2b-AMR/MR

Had a much better season than last time around, with 5 goals and 8 assists. Towards the end he really pushed through and was named POTM of the Play-off final after providing 1 assist and scoring the memorable goal that sent us into the BSP.

Leon Thorne-YP2c-ST

To say he exceeded expectations would be a huge understatement. Despite some below par finishing, his great off the ball movement made him one of the BSP's most feared strikers. He scored 21 times(Breaking the most goals in a season for FC United record) and made 5 assists. He profited from Prior's assists, with quite a few of his goals coming after great passes from Prior.

Charles Chukwu-YP2d-AML/ML

If last season it seemed like Squires would be my starter, this season Chukwu has shown me and my staff that we where wrong and played 30 games this season, scoring twice and making 3 assists.

Jay Squires-YP2e-AML

Its starting to look like Squires is injury prone, with 2 injuries limiting his playing time greatly. He managed to get 21 games under his belt in the end, scoring 1 and making 4 assists. The Battle between Squires and Chukwu for the starting spot down the left wing will continue next season in the BSP-And they will now have to stop Coleman

Robbie Gammon-YP3a-MC/DM

What a great first season for him, he was ever present in midfield throughout the first season, earning 4 POTM awards. He will be vital in us getting anything against the bigger BSP teams.

Sean Coleman-YP3b-AM(LC)/M(LC)

He showed himself as a much better player than his techinical stats suggest and got more and more games as the season progressed, leading up to him starting the Play-off final in the AML spot.

Declan Rowlans-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

His versatility made him a great player to have on the bench as he was capable of playing on both the DC and MC positions. Managed to earn a POTM award in his 11 appearances and will get more playing time this coming season.

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Played a fair amount of games, but lost many sub appearances to Rowlans due to him not being able to play at the DC position. Still, he played well when called upon.

Youth Intake

Another decent intake will leave me with several high-potential players that could challenge some of my current starters for their spots in the future.

Ian Lee-YP4a-DM/MC

Another top-class midfielder in the making, Lee could force his way into the team with good performaces.

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CR)

The versatile defender has the ability to kick ANY of the current back four out if he develops well. Hopefully having him will pressure my current defenders into playing better to maintain their starting spots.

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

Although he isn't anything magical, he is something neither Thorne or Prior are: A striker who will head the ball into the goal. He could become Thorne and Prior's back-up in the future, if not overtake them.

John Dunphy-YP4d-WBR/MR

The player with the best CA, his inability to play in the DR position might limit his time, although playing him in the AMR role as a Defensive Winger against stronger teams is a possability I am considering.

Goals From Last Season

• Fight for a play-off spot Achieved!-Made the play-offs and won them!
  • Improve defensiveley Achieved!-Was the 3rd best defensive side this season, conceding less than 1 goal a game
  • Improve Junior Coaching again Achieved!--Towards the end, I managed to convince them as we Became Professional

Goals For Next Season

• Avoid Relegation at all costs
  • Give lots of game time to youngsters
  • Improve any facilities, junior coaching, Youth Level, or Youth Recruitment

Good stuff duffy... staying in Serie B (and keeping your job) is a big step. How much does the board like you and have you been close to the dreaded, "bad result in the next game coudl spell trouble" chant?

Positively I've got some good news on the horizon as I managed some "creative accounting" to hold onto most of our players as we head up into the Lega Pro Prima Divisione (Serie C1).

Season 2013/2014

admin_4fbf45a0db3d7.jpg

Ok so I back to the challenge after that I was sacked in Belgium . I come back to country that I starded adventure with this challange to England unfortunately there was no St.Albans which I go in FM12 so I joined Kettering Town

So whats happen this season:

Transfers

Table

Good season most of it on on 1-2 place in league . Last few matches was horrible plague of underform players and alot of mistake lucky that I got spot in Playoffs early . Amazing match vs Chester in first round lost in first 1-2 on my stadium then wining 2-1 In last 5 min my Winger shot on 2-1 and in penalties after 10 ROUNDS of it we beat Chester LOL Walker save like 6 of them . In finals vs Histon we were better all match wining 1-0 in second half they score 1-1 again after Walker mistake but in last 5 min Gardner unlock hes score strike and give us win!

Ok so now Squad

Facilities couldnt lvl up anything Chairman said no money :(

And now my mistake becouse I didnt have lot of time to play so my game was like 1-2 match a day I forget get youth intake screen so I did only u18 screen players which I sing 1,5 stars up

u18

Laurence Whiley YP00a : Played few match in end of league after I got inj DC and under form , so he score in debut and in playoffs vs chester get own goal shoting to empty goal after Walker mistake

Marc Holems YP01a : Funny story before intake I watch Sherlock Holmes and I thinked that sounds funny if I get someone with Holmes last name and LOL I got it haha funny . Same as Whiley play matches in end of season first of them not good but he scored goal and got some asist he play in all of playoffs matches and he got like 7 in all of them so im happy that probably he will play in first squad in Premier Bet

Thats all for now ofc I want avoid back to lower league next season finance looks good so mby I will able to lvl up some fac

Ah and here is my HoYD hes not mainly HOYD but he looks better then that what I could find in my box :p

Im jelly when I see other managers youth :( hope I could get 1 of them in my team !

realspal.jpg

Season 3 Review - 2015/16

Lega Pro Prima Divisione A

Season Highlights

The seasonf or me started well before the season for the players as I was madly tryign to keep the squad together. The board was beign incredibly difficult not allowing me to offer the same contract terms to keep our key players and I was firmly instructed to release some players and then I'd get a chance to re-sign some of our 'stars'.

So, two first teamers (GK Brignoli and SC Orlandi) were released along with 7 youth players. This freed up enough funds for the board to allow me talk to the out of contract players. In a sign of how much team unity we have I was elated that 5 players were happy to take a wage cut heading into the new season to ensure that we kept the squad together, all 5 (including Roberto Rocchie - our star goalscorer) could be considered first team regulars.

In the end we re-signed all players that we wanted to keep except Mattia Piras, whow as still too annoyed at a previous offer of mine to enter negotiations. His departure will mean a change in tactics due to a lack of wingers in our squad.

With our squad finalised it was time to sort out the back room staff with a number not having their contract renewed as I looked for greater abilities as we looked to climb the leagues. In came a new Ass. Mgr., Diego De Ascentis, a very determined character with strong technical skills and an eye for judging the ability of players. I also let our old Head of Youth Development leave and brought in Maurizio Salas, as well as a new Head Physio in Gaetano Rosace and a new Chief Scout (in fact our only scout) Marco Cinus.

With my new assistant in place the first task was to sit down and compare his rating of our squad with that of his predecessor. While the reports on each player hardly differed, there was one player in the U20 squad who De Ascentis did not believe was as strong as we first thought. Carmelo Iampieri YP15 was significantly downgraded in his potential ability. I made a note to myself to keep a close eye on Iampieri to judge De Ascentis' ability at judging potential.

With no wingers we quickly settled on a narrow 4-3-3 formation to start pre-season and get the players up to speed for use during the season proper.

We got some good news to start the season as we increased our season ticket sales by nearly 33% rising to a total of just under 5,000 out of total 7,000 seats available - a real sign that the fans are behind us as well.

While my objective is just to stay in the Division and not get relegated, the media have put the pressure on by predicting an 11th place finish, something the board also wants us to achieve as they demand a "mid-table finish". It's hard to know exactly what that means, however I'm certain that if I'm not locked in a relegation battle all season and maintain and don't get relegated they should be forthcoming with a new contract.

While we start the season by losing to Pavia in the TIM Cup qualifying round, much to the disappointment of the board, we make a storming start in the league winning our first two matches and then drawing 2 and losing 1 of our next three and find ourselves in the top 5. However we lost Tiberio Genovali YP14 for 2 months at this stage and then the poor form begun with three straight losses in the league, plus a loss in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro (the inconsequential competition).

Two draws and a win in our next three matches and I could feel the tide turning, however I was to be proved incredibly wrong as we woudl win just one of our next 11 matches including a 9 game run with 7 losses and just 2 draws which left us in the heart of the 'Playout' places (the bottom team is relegated and the next 4 teams play a two legged playout with the two losers being relegated).

This season proved incredibly difficult as we couldn't rely on our home form, and while we started the season by scoring lots of goals and being one of the top scorers in the league, the goals had dried up yet we were still leaking them in at the back. While we have a strong defense our midfield is better going forward than defending and our GK, Matteo Busato had a pretty poor season compared with the previosu season (possibly due to not having any competition with Brignoli shown the door).

A 3-1 away win at Lumezzane with Rocchi, Marongiu and Genovali, our three pronged strike force, all scoring helped us immensely as it meant only a disastrous finish would see us finish last in the league.

With three matches to go we still had a realistic chance of pulling ourselves out of the Playout spots, however a 1-0 hoem loss to 'parent' club Treviso (they'd clinch the title the following week) and a 2-2 draw with Viareggio ensured that we'd be playing Bassano in the Playout match. However the final twist was yet to come as we had a hoem game against Lecco to play and Bassano was playing away to our rivals Reggiana. Bassano and ourselves entered the final match of the regular season even on 29pts from 31 matches and while we had scored 41 goals and conceded 55, they hadscored only 27 and conceded 50. We knew all we had to do was match the Bassano result to ensure we finished above them and had the major benefit of home pitch advantage in the second leg of the playout and, most crucially, the higher seeding shoudl the two legged tie end in a draw.

We atatcked Lecco with gusto and completely dominated the game, however we didn't get the goal our dominance deserved until the 74th minute with back-up striker Fabio Cucurnia scoring what ended up being the winning goal. In the end our win was not needed, although it did a lot for morale and momentum, as Bassano got dusted 2-0 by Reggiana.

We went into the Playout matches with the knowledge that Nicola Corrent was going to hang up his boots at the end of the season, and the board had intimated to me that while they weren't happy with our league position they would offer me a new contract should we maintain our place in the Prima Divisione.

In the first leg away, we took the lead early in the second half through our top goal scorer Roberto Rocchi. We maintained our lead all the way to the 89th minute when a lapse in concentration let Basson back into the tie. Taking the 1-1 scoreline back home knowing that a draw would be enough to stave off relegation si always a dangerous position. We went into the game with the same 4-3-3 formation and wanted to dominate the game. On the hour mark though our plans got put into disarray as the visitors took the lead. We kept pusing though and staying true to our attacking philosophy and were rewarded after 69 minutes with Roberto Rocchi popping up to score the equaliser. We managed to hold firm over the remaining minutes of the game, proving that the best way to play for a draw is to go out and try to win the game.

While the entire squad, myself and the rest of the non-playing staff were delighted at beating off relegation the board quickly kept things in perspective by indicating that my performance was not up to the standard they expected. While I was satill offered a new contract, a 2yr one at that, I was a little perplexed as to how the whole situation played out. I theorise that nothign short of an unbeaten run at the beginning of the next season will ensure my safety, and there is still the chance that I get the phone call of doom in the offseason.

To make matters even more difficult in the coming season the board has sliced my wage budget yet again, down just over €17.7k per week - I'm currently spending €22.5k however will be shaving nearly €3k off that with the players that are leaving or retiring on June 30.

Season 2015/16 Objectives

- My own objective is to not be relegated and maintain my job, I'm sure the board will have some crazy idea about making the top half of the table or something ACHIEVED

- With some non-playing staff leaving, such s my Ass. Man and Physio's plus my HoYD I'm on the look out for some new faces to add to my support crew ACHIEVED

Youth Intake

A pretty poor youth intake this year which is a disappointment for Sala's first year in the HoYD role. Only two players got tagged this year, and even then they were only 'just' tagged.

Ettore Lucchese YP16 - There's not much to say here, he's a GK, looks to have average potential, and won't be challenging Busato unless he reaches his potential in a hurry.

Mattia Ghirardello YP16 - A right sided winger who looks to have the potential to be quite pacey. A long way from first team quality at the moment.

Summary of Previous Youth Players

Tiberio Genovali YP14 - A first team regular this year, when fit (missed 2 months with a double hernia), Tiberio made great strides and is an integral part of our first team setup with his ability to play the target man role and bring others into the game as evidenced by his 7 assists in the league. Despite his finishing being a bit 'raw' he still managed 8 goals in the league

Mirko Bettari YP14 - A breakout season for Mirko as he slowly made himself a first team regular, at the expense of veteran Nicola Corrent, with some solid if not spectacular displays. In the league 15 starts and 11 sub appearnaces yielded only the two assists. Positively though he has been learning to play the MC role rather than his favoured AMC position to fit with our tactics and now looks to be quite accomplished in the position. I expect big things from him next year as the backroom staff believe he has just as much, if not more potential than Tiberio Genovali.

Enzo Todesco YP15 - While Enzo was supposed to spend the whole season in the U20's he made his debut when we played the current elague leaders, Pavia, making him the youngest SPAL player by 17 days. He would go on to make 8 appearances throughout the season, with 2 starts. He hasn't progressed as well physically as we hoped, however he has all of the skills required and will likely be pushing to be our backup striker next season after notching 4 goals and 5 assists in the U20's.

Dario Mazzucchelli YP15 -Dario didn't come near the first team this year and didn't really develop at all. He made 20 appearances for the U20's and didn't really stand out. Has lots of developing to do to make into the first team squad.

There are a few more players that are untagged, but worth keeping an eye on. If any of them get rated with 3.5 star or greater potential they'll be tagged retrospectively and tracked.

Conclusion

A tough year both on and off the pitch. Whiel the board took out a loan for €2.7m this lumped us with €45.5k per month payments for 5 years to ensure we're just going to use all €2.7m in about 18 months anyway. Given the demands from the board on the pitch, it would be great to see them put some cash into it to help with the off-field stuff.

Due to the limited funds at the club our youth facilities have fallen behind other clubs and been downgraded to basic. I went to the board requesting an upgrade, just to keep pace, however the response was as expected - we don't have the funds.

On the pitch we showed in some games that we have the ability to cut it in this league, and possibly even compete for that mid-table position the board demands. Unfortunately we are weak in two key areas of the pitch, midfield and goalkeeper and until we get some talented youths through in these positions we will struggle, which will likely lead to termination of my contract as it will be very difficult to keep up with the demands of the board.

Screenshots of Value

Final League Table

Transfers

Season 2016/17 Objectives

- Once again my own objective is to not be relegated and maintain my job, I'm looking forward to what the board wants though - fingers crossed it's inline with with my own expectations

- Have Mirko Bettari and Tiberio Genovali become stars of the squad and dominate matches

The first season's a bit of a slog, isn't it! Quite surprised how good some of my initial Blyth players were, but a lack of depth in defence left me with some very tired legs over Christmas. On course to comfortably avoid relegation though, and looking forward to my first youth intake!

Right, I'm in. I've toyed with this sort of challenge for a while and have finally taken the plunge...

I have unfinished business in Russia from maybe 4 years ago in a network game with, I think, Spartak Moscow. Of the newly promoted clubs, I chose...

W8mzFdi7jam52OyD6ZdAWcAwP8ARUEBhh+lfRIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Luch Energia Vladivostok

Why? Because of their location, more or less the most remote major city in Russia. Vladivostok is further east than the majority of China, all of North Korea and South Korea. It's only just short of being as far west as Adelaide! Nobody will fancy coming to us if we ever manage to make it into Europe.

Whilst I type this, I wonder what impact our remoteness will have on our youth intakes. Oh well, what's done it done.

I begin with an enormous squad of nearly 50 players, with another two arriving almost immediately. Only 4 chaps are out of contract at the end of season, so I have little scope at present to reduce numbers.

We have a relatively full backroom staff, but my immediate priority was to get a Head of Youth Development (obviously) and I managed to get a gun.

We have a very, very short pre-season in Russia and I am already about to play my first league game. Here goes nothing...

@sn00gle - so long as I don't get sacked, I'll let you know!

So, there's a 4 month winter break in Russia...? Not a great surprise, I suppose.

I'm sat 15th, one place above the relegation zone. Played 27 games, 23 goals scored, 20 conceded, 32 points (2 points above the dropzone). If we can get some strikers in the youth intake, we'll be unstoppable.

I feel like I'm treading water waiting for my first youth intake!

Dardanel_logo.png

Çanakkale Dardanel SAŞ

Season 15 Review - 2027/28

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Board League Expectations - EURO Cup Qualification

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board Cup Expectations - Finalists

Champions Cup Expectations - Reach Group Stage

Now I know what you're thinking, Galatasaray do indeed have better goal difference, thankfully that is the 2nd tie breaker in Turkey with head to heads being 1st, earlier in the season I beat them 2-0 and despite a final day 2-1 loss to them, meant I retained the title. On to the cup and without losing a game, and a 2-0 win over Fenerbache in the final, means that along with the Super Cup from earlier in the season the team managed to secure the domestic treble.

With the double success of League and Cup, I've now been entered into the Turkish Hall of fame.

Onto the adventures in Europe, the team managed to finish 2nd in the group which unfortunately meant we'd be drawn against one of the other group winners, we got somewhat unlucky and drew Man. City, despite a 2-1 home leg win, a 3-0 loss in the away leg, put our Euro dreams to rest for another year.

Training facilities were upgraded again to Top training facilities, and some of the huge pile of Champions Cup cash might be spent on youth facilities this coming season, assuming the board agrees with me...

Youth Intake

Yet again, incompetence in the assistants office makes it look a lot worse that it probably is, he's contracts up at the end of next season, so he may be shown the door. As it is, a somewhat decent selection of midfielders with just the 1 standout player.

Sirahman Canik (YP15) (Report) - Pacey midfielder, going to spend his time in the under 18s developing as box-to-box midfielder

Next Season:- More Champions Cup money, as the 1st stadium upgrade may be in the not too distant future.

Season League Position Cup Europe Champions Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 Second Division/B 7th 3rd Qual rnd N/A Survived
2014/15 Second Division/B 2nd 2nd Qual rnd N/A Playoffs
2015/16 Second Division/B 4th 3rd Qual rnd N/A Promoted!
2016/17 First Division 1st 4th Qual rnd N/A Champions! MotY
2017/18 Premier 4th 2nd Qual rnd N/A EURO Cup Qualification
2018/19 Premier 7th Group Stage Playoff N/A
2019/20 Premier 5th 5th Qual rnd N/A EURO Cup Qualification
2020/21 Premier 6th 5th Qual rnd 3rd Qual EURO Cup Qualification
2021/22 Premier 5th 3rd Qual rnd Group EURO Cup Qualification
2022/23 Premier 10th Semi-Final 2nd rnd N/A
2023/24 Premier 4th Semi-Final N/A N/A
2024/25 Premier 5th 5th Qual rnd 2nd rnd N/A
2025/26 Premier 3rd Semi-Final Semi-Final N/A
2026/27 Premier 1st Semi-Final 2nd rnd Champions!
2027/28 Premier 1st Winners! 1st rnd KO Domestic Treble!!
[/Code]

300px-rot_weiss_oberhausen_logo_svg.png

SC Rot-Weiss Oberhausen

Season Review - 20120/2021

Transfers | Finances | Squad | Past positions | Table

SEASON:

My first 1. Bundesliga experience.

So after the last season promotion excitement i had to start focusing on the Bundesliga relegation battle. So i went back to the more defensive tactics from a couple of seasons before. The start was awesome. After 6 games we were unbeaten, without a goal conceded and 5th in the table. After that the draw was tough, all the big guns in sequence which resulted in a drop to 13th place.

Although we were not winning many games the performances were good - for example this one against Dortmund. I see the players matured a bit, not making so many stupid mistakes anymore (most of them at least). However i still concede a lot from corners and crosses since my defenders are poor in the air.

Overall it was a very positive experience this year. I didn't had to actually fight the relegation battle since i was always 10points+ above the drop zone.

German cup - 2nd round

Went out in 2nd rnd against Kaiserslautern on penalties. Quite disappointing and i want to improve in the cup next year.

YOUTH INTAKE

The intake doesn't look that good but my assistants initial assessments tend not to be very correct. Only one tag given.

YP21a Raffaele Marinese - ST/AMRL - skilled versatile striker. Will get tutoring from Cakir.

YOUTH:

YP19a Alex Ebongue - i offered him contract right away at his 17th birthday. Was registered in the winter break and was best player of the remainder of the season. Holds the midfield together.

YP18a Ulrich Duffner - improved a lot and now is providing options on the right back where he is rotating with Bauer.

Some awards my players received :):

Eboungue - German u17 Player of the year

Etoundi - African young footballer of the year

season	year	league		pos	GF	GA	GD	cup		europe		achievement
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	13/14	3.Liga		14th	46	49	-3	N/A		N/A		survived
2.	14/15	3.Liga		7th	49	49	0	N/A		N/A		N/A
3.	15/16	3.Liga		1st	61	32	+29	3rd rnd		N/A		winner and MOTY
4.	16/17	2.BundesLiga	16th	56	67	-11	2nd rnd		N/A		survived via playoffs
5.	17/18	2.BundesLiga	7th	68	63	+5	1st rnd		N/A		N/A
6.	18/19	2.BundesLiga	8th	71	70	+1	qtr finals	N/A		N/A
7.	19/20	2.BundesLiga	3rd	66	44	+22	2nd rnd		N/A		promotion and MOTY
8. 	20/21	1.BundesLiga	15th	45	68	-23	2nd rnd		N/A		survived

GOALS from previous season:

-Survive (success)

GOALS for next season:

-Survive the 2nd season hangover

Good stuff duffy... staying in Serie B (and keeping your job) is a big step. How much does the board like you and have you been close to the dreaded, "bad result in the next game coudl spell trouble" chant?

Positively I've got some good news on the horizon as I managed some "creative accounting" to hold onto most of our players as we head up into the Lega Pro Prima Divisione (Serie C1).

Thanks mate! The board seem fine with me though when I first got the job in Serie C2 we were destined to finish rock bottom so I guess they've always had low expectations and we've been exceeding them. Good job on staying up, just wish your board would give you a break!

Great season is Serie B, Baldini appears to have adapted very well to the higher level of football!

Cheers mate, well done on getting promoted! Looks like you've got some good youngsters there, the future's bright!

Gypsum's Blyth Spartans / Season one / 2013/14

Blue square north: Final position 15th

Media prediction: 17th

In my first season I inherited a team with a solid defence but little backup, and being unable to make transfers as per the rules of ri916's Youth academy challenge it was a bit of a slog to get through the season, particularly the congested Christmas period. But with unsurprising inconsistency we managed to maintain a solid mid-table position and 22 points clear of relegation.

First team squad

U18 squad

Transfers

Key players;

Trevor Liddle (CB) - A solid defender and a handy weapon for an attacking set-piece.

Stephen Critchley (AMR) - A quick winger whose season was spoiled late on by injury.

Bob Fenton (ST) - A lively striker and my top scorer.

Youth intake;

Ben Hardy *Yp0 (MC) - One of my inherited players produced at Blyth. A classy midfielder who was key in build-up play.

Michael Tanner *Yp0 (ST) - A decent young striker who I hope to give regular first team football next season.

Craig Briggs *Yp1 (DC) - In my first youth intake, Briggs was the outstanding talent. A useful backup for my defence, who should threaten the first XI soon.

Year            League             Position             Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14           BSN                15th             Avoided relegation

Club development;

Facilities

Finances

The money saved by avoiding transfers meant I was able to prompt the Board to invest in a larger youth recruitment network, improved facilities and more coaches. Hopefully I will see some of the benefits come next season.

realspal.jpg

Season 4 Review - 2016/17

Lega Pro Prima Divisione A

Season Highlights

The whole season coudl be summed by the words "Groundhog Day" as our season took on a number of similarities to the previous year.

The board thankfully realised at the start of the season that "consolidation" and enjoying our time in the league was a far more realistic objective given my long term plans to dominate with our youth players, so I felt positive knowing the board was going to back me as they listed my job as "secure", as long as I kept us in the league. The media didn't expect much other with 14th place the most common prediction from the pundits.

This would be the year when youth would really start to take a dominant role in our squad with Paolo Rossi leaving the club and Nicola Corrent retiring.

We have a pretty indifferent pre-season, however we start the season with a couple of draws, before we pick up our first win with a couple of youth players, Mirko Bettari YP14 and Enzo Todesco YP15 both scoring their first goals for the club in a 3-1 win at Cuneo. Todesco shows his promised by scoring in the next game and we make a solid if not spectacular start to the campaign.

I learn from past mistakes with 75% off contract many futures are secured. Then disaster strikes, GK has never been our strongest position on the field and having just let our backup go out on loan (to save wages) Matteo Busati goes down injured - while it's only for 2 matches, his replacement in goal has to be Ettore Lucchese YP16. It's an awkward debut as the youngster makes an absolute howler to gift Lecco a goal in a 3-1 loss, thankfully his confidence is dented too much and hopefully the 2 starts aid his development as he looks to be a better long term option than Busato.

A great moment occurs as we play Albinoleffe as Tiberio Genovali YP14 scores his first ever SPAL hat-trick, not only does he score 3 goals, he notches his 3rd in the 91st minute to snatch a draw, a great point that boasts morale considerably throughout the squad.

At the halfway mark we sat 9th, nothing too fantastic, but given the expectations on us, a fairly handy position to ensure consolidation. The biggest worry though is that despite some good results we're the second lowest scoring team in the league (18 goals in 16 games). Roberto Rocchi is not finding the net as much, Alessandro Marongiu has not been used as much due to the bad injury he suffered last season and Tiberio Genovali YP14 is still learning his trade and is more of a team man, than an out and goal scorer and Enzo Todesco YP15 is still quite raw and a bit lightweight still.

In February the financial situation is helped, but again it's throuh a bank loan as the owners put the club into more and more debt, thankfully no bids have come in for any of our players as I'm certain the board would step into negotiations on my behalf and sell away our best assets.

Later in February after a horror run of results, we pick up a 1-0 win at home to league leaders Cremonese (Genovali goal) in one of our best results of the season. A 2-2 draw away to 3rd place Portogruaro comes next with a 3-0 home win against fellow strugglers Bellaria (Genovali 2 goals) and from nowhere we shoot up to 12th and are out of the playout spots.

As they say everything that goes up must come down and we slump to 4 straight losses, but just not any kind of loss, we can't even manage a single goal during this run. Thankfully we meet the bottom team Fano, and I recall Alessandro Marongiu to the team and he scores what ends up being his only goals of the season (2) in a 3-0 win to give us hope.

We make it to the final match of the season knowing that a win will guarantee us 12th spot (even if it is only on head to head results or goal difference). We fight out a tough 0-0 draw against Pro Vercelli, however Viareggio thump already relegated 4-2 to confine us to the playout matches again.

As per the previous season the higher seeding is our blessing. Unfortunately we continue our lack of goals, despite dominating the match, but secure a 0-0 away draw against Pro Patria. Coming back to our home, we again draw 0-0 in another dominating display and secure our Prima Divisione status for the third straight year.

Season 2016/17 Objectives

- Once again my own objective is to not be relegated and maintain my job, I'm looking forward to what the board wants though - fingers crossed it's inline with with my own expectations - NEW CONTRACT OFFERED AND RELEGATION STAVED OFF - ACHIEVED!

- Have Mirko Bettari and Tiberio Genovali become stars of the squad and dominate matches - PARTLY ACHIEVED (domination not quite there yet)

Youth Intake

A another poor youth intake this year and Maurizio Sala is going to have his contract expire and not be offered another one after these results. Even after signing none of the players were worth tagging, although there are hopes one or two will surprise over the next few years.

Summary of Previous Youth Players

Tiberio Genovali YP14 - Genovali reinforced his position as a key first team player this year, ending the season as our top scorer (only 12 goals, 11 in the league). A big turning point was in his conditioning as he played, and started every match we played in the league, including the 2 legged playout tie. As you can see from his stats he's a hard working team player who can bring his team-mates into play nicely and positively his finishing is improving as well.

Mirko Bettari YP14 - Scored his first SPAL goal early in the year and really grew as a player to the point where he's considered one of the first names on the teamsheet. Bagged 4 assists and 1 goal and started 30 league matches and has adapted his game wonderfully to play as a central midfielder, although he was unleashed in his preferred AMC role a couple times throughout the year.

German D'Amato - German has been retrospectively tagged from the class of 2013/14 as he has progressed very well. While he made 2 substitute appearances in 2015/16 he saw no first team action in 2016/17. However with a dearth of midfielders and his ability to play wide left as well as a striker, it's likely he'll see some game time as we likely reintroduce wingers to our system of play in 2017/18.

Enzo Todesco YP15 - A solid season from Enzo, he didn't score the goals or have the setpiece impact we had hoped for and while he saw lots of game time early in the season, he was rested/rotated/dropped towards the end of the season and only saw action from the bench. Lots are expected of him 2017/18 though as he definitely has the potential to be a real goal threat, and likely replace Roberto Rocchi.

Dario Mazzucchelli YP15 -I didn't have plans to give Dario much game time, however injuries to our backline forced my hand and he repaid me well with his performances. Only 3 starts, but he notched an assist and more importantly showed me that he can be an important part of the first team squad next season. While DR is his best position he has the ability to fill in at DC and DMC if injuries strike. Shoudl see more time on the bench and the field in 2017/18.

Ettore Lucchese YP16 - Made his debut this season and whiel made a big blunder he fared OK generally. Impresses in training and my GK Coach says that he has potential, however he's not quite at the elvel to really challenge Matteo Busato for the number 1 spot just yet.

Carlo Iampieri YP15 - Literally the forgotten man (I left him off my review list last season. Carlo has not really hit the heights yet, however game time could be coming his way with a shift in formation and a new emphasis on wide play. This shoudl give him the chance to show everyone if he can make it or not. I have my fingers crossed for him.

Manuel De Col YP15 - Our first defender (DL) tagged, and also a retrospective tagging. Manuel has shown all that he had some hidden potential. He's not likely to see the first time next season however I"ll be keeping a close eye on his development.

Mattia Ghirardello YP16 - Likely to see a promotion to the first team in 2017/18 as we will revert to a formation with wingers, will battle with Iampieri for game time. Still very raw, however will hopefully shine given the right opportunities.

Conclusion

A very weird year, as this image shows we were never in a better position than 8th and while we looked to be in a safe position during the first half of the season our form declined in a hurry and we were left to battle it out in the relegation spots.

The positives were seeing Genovali YP14 and Bettari YP14 grow as players, although I would like to see more dominating performances from both, as they definitely have the ability to do so.

While the board should've been delighted that we remained in the Prima Divisione (and secured 1 place higher and 2 more points than the previous season), they were unhappy that we had to scrap it out at the bottom of the league and despite indicating that my job was maybe not as secure as I had thought they offered me another 2 year deal (in effect a 1 year extension of my current deal), that I signed straight away.

Our defense titghtened up a lot as we conceded 14 less goals, 41 in total, than 2016/17, however our attack also suffered as we managed less than 1 goal a game, scoring just 31 in the regular season, a real disappointment.

Next season will likely see a formation change back to a tactic with wingers as we look very light in the middle of the park after the retirement of Fidele Muwana and the release of Gianfranco Albini. The positives though are that I manage some more creative accounting and release a few players early whose contracts are expiring so that Rocchi, Marongiu and Kras can be kept for at least another season.

Our defence and attack looks strong for next year, however apart from Bettari YP14 we have nothing to string the two together, I expect another long season fighting it out for the safety of 12th spot and I hope the board are happy with that too.

Screenshots of Value

Final League Table

Transfers

Season 2017/18 Objectives

Groundhog day again...

- Stave off relegation

- Develop the youth players with more game time

Atletico Arezzo

duffy89 - season 19/20

full_3676.jpg

Serie B - 6th

We proved we've got what it takes to mix it with the big boys of Serie B this year in securing 6th spot and a place in the playoffs. An absolutely fantastic season from the team and we seem to be improving year after year.

We were sitting mid table for most of the season but 13 points from our last 5 games saw us sneak into the playoffs which I was never expecting. We came up against a strong side in Cagliari. The first leg was played at home and despite playing magnificently, we lost 1-0. We went into the second leg knowing we had to win by 2 goals (due to seedings rather than away goals being used to decide a tie break) and took the lead early on. At this stage the score was 1-1 on aggregate and we actually had a goal disallowed for offside. That seemed to give Cagliari a kick up the backside and they scored 2 goals in a row essentially putting that tie to bed. We did grab a consolation goal but that's all it was. Here’s how the playoffs played out. I'm delighted with the effort we put in but I couldn't help but think what would've happened had that goal not been disallowed…

The difference between this season and the last was undoubtedly our defence. We conceded around 20 less goals this term and Annuziata was fantastic in his first season. 3 out of our back 4 are 20 or under so I think they'll improve year after year.

We scored about the same as last season but the goals were more spread out this time around. Baldini was out for 3 months and Frediani also picked up a couple of niggling injuries. That gave Taddei and Ruglioni some game time and Ruglioni took on the goal scoring burden magnificently.

150px-TIM_CUP-1.png

Coppa Italia - First Round

We negotiated our way through the qualifying rounds and were drawn away to Fiorentina in the first round proper. This was the strongest opposition we'd come up against since I took over but we put in a spirited performance and we can hold our heads high despite losing 2-1.

On the plus side, I couldn't believe it when we received 400k just for making the first round as in the qualifying rounds you only get 9k per match! The Fiorentina game was a big money earner and definitely helped out our finances.

Player of the year

Brando Frediani (YP01a) – ST/AMC – Ah, back to reality. Frediani get my and the fan’s vote for player of the year. Bagged an impressive 19 goals in all competitions he was back to his goal scoring best. Ruglioni was in with a shout due to his impressive tally from less games, however, he was mainly used against weaker opposition whilst Frediani scored his goals against the best of Serie B.

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

Despite having upgraded our junior coaching to excellent, our youth intake was far from it. No players get tagged this year, which is very disappointing. We'll just have to make do for the time being.

Youth Watch

A more prolific season from Brando Frediani (YP01a) this time around despite sharing the games with our other strikers due to some injuries and rotation. Is easily good enough for Serie B and though he has probably developed as much as he can in terms of attributes, his performances keep getting better and better.

Another really good season from Domineco Leccese (YP01b)

and he looks comfortable playing in this league. Chipped in with 3 goals and 4 assists.

Brunello Ruglioni (YP01c) was the revelation of the season. I was worried when Baldini was injured but this lad stepped in beautifully and had an impressive goal tally of 18 goals from 20(4) games. I'm glad he's got a future at the club and its good knowing I've got some back-up on the bench.

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) is starting to make noises about moving to a bigger club and I'm not surprised. He's been absolutely fantastic for us between the sticks despite being 21 years old. I'm managed to keep him quiet by telling him I'm the boss but he doesn't want to sign a new contract. Luckily he's got a few years left on his current deal so hopefully things will quiet down. I can't afford to lose this kid.

Silvio Giusti (YP02b) is slowing down growth wise but he's doing a good job for us and gives us some stability in defense.

Lorenzo Taddei (YP02c) got his first taste of Serie B this year and while he didn't quite take to it as well as Ruglioni he still chipped in with some goals. Again, decent back up for us and is still young.

As mentioned before, Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) was out for a large part of the season so only played around half of what he did last year. He couldn't quite find the same form that won him player of the year but he still put in some good performances. I'm looking for him to find his shooting boots again next season.

Maicol Giaccherini (YP04a) had a stormer of a season. He's come on leaps and bounds and is starting to attract the interest of Serie A sides. He chipped in with a good amount of goals and assists from the right wing. Looking forward to how this kid progresses. Was brought into the Italy U19 side a couple of times as well.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) is developing at an unbelievable rate. He was brilliant for us this season and one of the reasons we shipped considerably less goals. Still a youngster but he's handling Serie B like a player beyond his years. Has been in the Italy U19 squad frequently.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) has the potential to be our rock in defence. He had a great debut season and I'm very excited as to how he'll progress in the coming years.

Season 19/20 Objectives

A fantastic year for us both on and off the pitch. We did quite a bit more than avoid relegation in making the playoffs! I also brought in a new ass man which I'm happy about and junior coaching was improved to excellent.

-Avoid relegation - Achieved!

-Improve coaching staff - Achieved!

-Improve facilities - Achieved!

Season 20/21 Objectives

Next season we have to do the same again. I'm gunning for the playoffs, we can't take our foot off the gas after a fantastic year. I'm pretty happy with the staff situation but would like to improve our facilities. Our training facilities are really poor but I'm not sure where we'll get the capital to improve them. I'd like to get into the Italian Cup again as that gave us a nice little cash injection.

-Get into the playoffs

-Reach the first round of the Coppa Italia again

-Improve facilities

Come on you AREZZO!!!

How much cash have you got duffy? I would love to be able to improve my facilities but we can't get anywhere. I can see at least 2 more seasons of hard slog until we make a hit on the top of the Prima Divisione, the youth need exposure but when my experienced players can only just keep us in the league it's tough... but above all I should say this is really fun!!

At the moment I've got about 400k in the bank but that's mainly due to the season ticket sales! Getting into the Italian Cup last season was a real boost. I reckon we made around 750k on that just from getting to the first round and playing Fiorentina away from home.

Another solid season there, you just need the boys up front to find some form and you'll be looking good!

It is an absolutely fantastic challenge, I'm loving it.

At the moment I've got about 400k in the bank but that's mainly due to the season ticket sales! Getting into the Italian Cup last season was a real boost. I reckon we made around 750k on that just from getting to the first round and playing Fiorentina away from home.

Another solid season there, you just need the boys up front to find some form and you'll be looking good!

It is an absolutely fantastic challenge, I'm loving it.

Nice, I can't cover much with my season tickets.. we manage to sell 5,000 (total ground only holds 7,000) season tickets but it doesn't make much of a dent. I'm now just lucky that the board is a fan of mine and keep me going with new contracts each year.

Defintiely mate, good to know the board has finally come around! We usually sell around 3,000 (capacity is 15,000) but we're charging £440 a pop!

As for the facilities, the only thing I've been able to improve is our junior coaching. Training facilities and youth recruitment are all still basic!

Wow Duffy what a keeper you got there in Cirelli. How i envy you :). My top keepers are both 3rd division material and a there is no new talent in the team to step up :(.

Cheers mate, yeah Cirelli is an absolute treat, I just hope I can hold onto him as my back up keepers are awful! I was hoping he'd be Italy no. 1 one day but Inter have got a wonderkid keeper (currently on loan at Parma where I played against him) who looks liek a world beater.

I guess it's just luck if you get a decent one through your ranks and I was lucky that when he came through my intake my other keepers were so bad that he was a starter even at the age of 16. Since then he's played every game he could for us and that's certainly helped his development.

He's certainly come a long way form when he was 16

FC United Of Manchester-2017-2018

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJUqAAuvEGAAeVHJHQOeUIf2Z2fh5AWLfU09wXT7_pwICCZYPPfLh66ovS

League Table | Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Finances | Facilities | Transfers(No Cheating!)

League-15th-Past Positions

Our first season in the BSP was a relative success in the field as we managed to finish in a safe mid-table position. After a slow start that got me worried we would be a in for a long, hard season to avoid the drop, we went in a great 2 month run that saw get closer to the play-off spots than the relegation zone. However, the team struggle during the winter period as Leon Thorne and Karl Prior's shooting boots, which had been firing all cilinders at the start, dried up and the team was unable to get points from anywhere. It took Johnny O'Connor's breakthrough to get some points on the board as the team changed to a more possession oriented tactic. We ended up the season playing well but struggling to finish our chances. Still, a great first season in the BSP where we were predicted to finish in 23rd place.

Cups

Very disappointing as we lost in the first match in both. Hoping to make some wave next season to improve our finances.

Previous Youth Players

Oliver Smith-YP0a(DRL)-Released March 2018

Released on March as his potential dropped. Still hasn't found a team.

Adam Abbott-YP1a-DR

Another great season for my right-back, he's crosses have become nightmares for opposition defenses and he remains very solid at the back. Managed to tie him down to a five year contract after he claimed he wanted to move to a bigger club.

Dominic Roberts-YP1b-GK

Had a good start to the season but struggled a lot during the winter period. Lucky that he is my only keeper with decent potential and good CA because he made way to many mistakes. Hoping for an improved season next time around.

Adrian Gregory-YP1c-D/M®

I thought he would struggle with playing time this season-and I was right. He's playing time was already limited by Abbott, and only made the bench a couple of times. Will be released come June 30th.

Charlee Maguire-YP1d-AM/M®

What a season for the winger. With Derek Wilson having multiple injuries, he made the AMR spot his own this season and didn't dissapoint. A new Youth Player could see him lose his place in the matchday squad, but he will start the season as Wilson's understudy.

Charlie O'Reilly-YP1e-DC

My captain had another productive season in the center of defense. He will continue to be my main man in the back, and will probably be joined at the back by Rowlands next season.

Don Ryder-YP1f-M/AM®, ST-Released 2016, Retired 2016

Karl Prior-YP2a-ST

A pre-season injury meant he started the season in September, and he struggled to get his shooting boots on until about October. The winter period was also very bad for him as he only scored once over an 11 match period, but improved towards the end with our possession based tactic to end up with 11 goals in all competitions. If he can become faster, he will be a very dangerous player next season.

Derek Wilson-YP2b-AMR/MR

Despite having multiple injuries, my vice-captain had a great season. His dribbling down the right has become very good, and his crosses are very dangerous. If he can stay fit next season, he should manage to get 10+ assists.

Leon Thorne-YP2c-ST

An odd season for my star striker(He ended the season with a very respectable 14 goals(compared to the 21 he scored in the BSN last season), but he could've scored many, many more. Around the winter period(do you see a trend here?) he just stopped scoring and went on a 17 match goal drought. If he can replicate the form that saw him score 10 goals in the first 18 matches of the season, we will have no trouble whatsoever surviving next season.

Charles Chukwu-YP2d-AML/ML

Chukwu strengthened his grip on the AML spot this season with some very good performances. With 6 assists to his name, he has sent Squires to the reserves.

Jay Squires-YP2e-AML

Injuries and Chukwu's form meaned Squires only got 16 games this season. His contract will run out next season, and unless he can make his way into the team, I see him leaving the club then.

Robbie Gammon-YP3a-MC/DM

Was able to hold his own in the BSP for the most part as he did the 'dirty work' for the team. Made a couple of 'Alonso-esque' passes throughout the season. Also, he has a 100% Penalty Conversion percentage

Sean Coleman-YP3b-AM(LC)/M(LC)

He rotated between the MC spot next to Gammon and the AML spot and played well until a late season injury. Hopefully he can build on this seaosn the next and compete with Chukwu for the AML spot, as the MC spot has a rightful owner at last.

Declan Rowlands-YP3c-DC/DM/MC

Was a bit-part player this season with many sub appearances, but did well when called upon. Will join O'Reilly in the center of defense next season as he has developed very well.

Stuart Thompson-YP3d-DM/MC

Despite playing very little, he has improved dramatically and will challenge Gammon for his starting spot. With Rowlands now in defense, he should get more playing time this season.

Ian Lee-YP4a-DM/MC

Played a couple of games and did well, but the high amount of midfielders in the club limited his playing time. With Rowlands moving to defense, he should get more game time.

Ian Rooney-YP4b-D(CR)

Played a fair amount this season and impressed me a lot in the left-back spot. Should become my starting left-back next season and bench one of the few original players still at the club.

Johnny O'Connor-YP4c-ST

When I said he was a heading striker I wasn't wrong: 2 of his three goals came from headers. However, i was very pleased in seeing how well he linked up with Thorne and Prior. He will become by 3rd choice striker next season as I'm letting 24 year old Jay Walcott leave the club.

John Dunphy-YP4d-WBR/MR

Played some games this season and even managed to score. He ended up playing in the AMR position(where I'm training him) and did well enough. However, the huge amount of right wingers could severely limit his playing time next season.

Youth Intake

The player who will lead the team up the leagues finally arrived in the form of Lewis Watkins, who has the potential to become a LEADING nPower Championship midfielder.

Lewis Watkins-YP5a-MC

The star of the present and the future. Already good enough for a League 2 team, the Welsh midfielder will take the place next to Gammon in my midfield. He has already signed a pre-contract that will keep him at the club until he's 19, and I plan to offer him a 5 year deal as soon as he turns 17. The Junior Coaching improvements appear to have worked :p

Loyd Cruse-YP5b-AMR/MR.ST

The other player to be tagged in this intake is the winger/striker. If he can improve his crossing, finishing, and pace over the next couple of seasons, he will be deadly.

Goals From Last Season

• Avoid Relegation at all costsAchieved!
  • Give lots of game time to youngsters Achieved!
  • Improve any facilities, junior coaching, Youth Level, or Youth Recruitment Achieved!-Managed to persuade my board to improve Training facilities towards the end of the season.

Goals For Next Season

• Avoid Relegation at all costs
  • End season with a financial profit
  • Give Watkins A 5 year contract
  • Get rid of all non-youth players

Archived