Starting a game in BS North/South, What kind of player stats am I looking for?

Take a look at the stats of the highest rated player in your side and that should give you an idea.

Be careful with star ratings though, they can go down as a season progresses and the coaches become more aware of the players abilities and the standard of the league.

Also take a look at the player search list with your ass man filtering unsuitable targets, theat should also help you see the kind of player to look for.

Dont trust your scouts too much, they are usually rubbish. Trial as many players as you can before you sign them. The coaches reports are usually a little more trustworthy.

If you actually want player naming, the good player and team forum will help but that kinda defeats the object and lessens the fun factor.

Most of my low league saves start below the BSS/BSN with an edited database and I can tell you that a player with 10 for pace at that level is lightening quick =)

little tip for you mate, search Conrad balatoni. best center back on the game for lower league players. no club even attempts for him. if he has no interest now, wait till november, he will sign for £100p/w . in two seasons in BSN he had around 36 goals. one season he had 20 goals. 3 hat tricks. free kicks, corners, he gets his head on the ball, and bamb

Pfft, since Spain demolished Italy 4 - 0 , there is only one legitimate way to play football, namely tiki-taka. Buy 2 players, one in the Santi Cazorla (high dribbling, technique, passing, creativity, flair,decision) and other in the Arteta (high passing, stamina ,decent dribbling, technique, jumping, work-rate ) mold, put them in the midfield, and build the other players around him. Let me tell you a secret ; the ball moves faster than the players.

Be aware also that your staff are pretty terrible.

I get the feeling at the moment my scouts don't know what they are on about, I only use them to reveal stats of players and scout the oppposition.

Beware players who have 16-20 at the detriment of the rest of there stats... granted 19 pace is good in BSS or BSN, but the rest of their stats will be terrible, if they were good, they wouldnt want to sign for you.

On the flipside, I have a player with really high decisions but fairly weak stats and he is doing very well, so don't be affaid to sign a player who is a bit of a one trick pony, but if the rest of their stats are truly terrible, stay away.

Like others have said, physical stats are paramount, I also like Det but that is a personal thing. I tend to play fairly aggressive, your players are all pretty terrible so its better to be terrible further up the pitch instead of infront of your goal. Allthough maybe not advised, I play a high line with quick (for the BSS BSN) defenders in a 5-3-2 with wingbacks. This gets you lots of bodies to get through which is tough, because your defenders tackling is probably better than the strikers dribbling.

I also like to sack off the cup, it can really congest your fixtures and playing 2 games a week tends to ruin your players.

I'm managing Farborough at the moment :)

Well, there are two paths you can go, depending on your tactic.

Either the no clear weaknesses path, or the obvious strengths path.

In BSN/S, as has been said above, anything above 10 must be considered non-weak. Not strong, but not bad either - he will be able to use that attribute at that level.

To be considered strong in something in that league, I would say 13 in some sensitive attributes and 14 in some of the insensitive attributes would have to do.

By sensitive, I mean that it is clearly visible in the ME that one point up or down has an impact. For the most part, those are Pace, Strength, Jumping, Work Rate, Determination, Decisions, Tackling and Dribbling.

By insensitive, I mean that one point up or down in an attribute is not clearly visible in the ME, or specifically that there's a certain "threshold" where the attribute becomes useful. The most insensitive of all attributes is probably Free Kick Taking - where having 18+ means he's good at it while the difference between 10 and 15 is barely noticeable. In comparison, 12 Pace and 13 Pace are two different things entirely.

So an attacking player with 15 in pace and dribbling in BSN/S is going to be very dangerous indeed even though he is weak (9 or lower) in every other attribute. Having 15 in Stamina, Natural Fitness and Aggression isn't going to make much of a difference, though. In my experience, since this level is so low, a lot of the goals will be scored through winning challenges and giving it all for the team. So my advice is to make sure that not too many of your players have low Strength, Bravery, Determination and Work Rate. 11+ in those is a must for all players. Too slow players should also be avoided, and with small squads I think that Natural Fitness is important too, since they will play a lot of matches.

If you can build a BSP/BSN/S team consisting of players with key attributes between 10 and 13, you will be well off. Fast strikers and playmaker types are rare at this level so if you can find that, you are lucky and should go for it regardless of weaknesses of the insensitive type (although 1 in Stamina could be a bit excessive).

I found David Rainford at Chelms quite useful. I signed for another BS club as well. Do not remeber any particular stat ratings as such, but he was a good penalty taker. He has pro experiance whether that means anything in the game.

To add to what has been said here, you'll be looking at football so direct even Fat Sam might baulk at it, so you'll want center halves with good strength and jumping attributes, in particular. (Note: I'd suggest sticking to "limited" defenders for these roles).

Making use of the highlighted attributes for each role is also sensible. Oh and I'd suggest a Target Man Support/Poacher Attack combo up front, a poacher with double figures in pace and acceleration will do well.

Players that have attributes of 8-10 in most areas will be solid and reliable at this level.

Because of the match engine and the players being generally slower, a player with 12+ pace will destroy teams esp in an attacking role.

Like pointed out further up the thread, things like determination, stamina, natural fitness, team work and work rate are actually more important as this level than technical attributes.

There are plenty of players around at any given point who will come and simply make all the other teams you play look like idiots. You will be able to find some of these on the forum if you wish to look.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Have played 28 league games so far winning 24, drawn 2, lost 2, Scored 92, Conceded 17 absolutely destroying this level.

I have put together a side that have players with stats for key areas at 10 as a benchmark but mainly have 12+ and this is awsome. Im playing a 442 (AML,AMR) with a Target Man/Poacher combination, TM set to Attack. My Target Man has 13 for Jump and only 8 for Heading but amazingly he has scored so many goals with his head.

My wingers are very basic in stat terms but I have found that all is needed for the wingers to create so many assists is pace, acc and crossing as their key stats. Of course Dribbling etc is an added bonus. I think I have assembled a side that would do very well in League 2 with these stats although as many are quite old I will be having an overhaul at the end of the season.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Have played 28 league games so far winning 24, drawn 2, lost 2, Scored 92, Conceded 17 absolutely destroying this level.

I have put together a side that have players with stats for key areas at 10 as a benchmark but mainly have 12+ and this is awsome. Im playing a 442 (AML,AMR) with a Target Man/Poacher combination, TM set to Attack. My Target Man has 13 for Jump and only 8 for Heading but amazingly he has scored so many goals with his head.

My wingers are very basic in stat terms but I have found that all is needed for the wingers to create so many assists is pace, acc and crossing as their key stats. Of course Dribbling etc is an added bonus. I think I have assembled a side that would do very well in League 2 with these stats although as many are quite old I will be having an overhaul at the end of the season.

Happy to be able to help!

If you have assembled such a good squad already, chances are you can go straight up to at least Championship just by replacing players with better ones every season. Free players at CH or higher level will be scarce, so it might be difficult to build a very strong side without money at that level. Not impossible, though. I did that, but I suspect Bradford has a significantly larger budget than any BSN/S club...

Happy to be able to help!

If you have assembled such a good squad already, chances are you can go straight up to at least Championship just by replacing players with better ones every season. Free players at CH or higher level will be scarce, so it might be difficult to build a very strong side without money at that level. Not impossible, though. I did that, but I suspect Bradford has a significantly larger budget than any BSN/S club...

What would you say key stats should be for League 2? Im guessing 10-13 and for League 1 11-14.

Archived