EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive had a flick through and ive seen you can retain nations player & swap teams but can you swap nations?

This would be very useful as right now i am having to change all leagues & Clubs but then it dawned on me that id need to change all the players nationalities also, Is there anyway that would prevent me from having to go through every player in Country X & Country Y swapping there nationality?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by PLF:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sandy_Tait:

Ah, looks like the .ddt and .edt files only work with the Default database;.

Is that the case? icon_eek.gif

If so that sucks for all of us who want to edit the database to bring it closer to real life before enjoying our serious career game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the truth? i really want to know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does the EDT & DDT files affects the game speed ?

for example if i created a game with small DB and i have a DDT file for all players in England will it be as if i created a Large DB game ?

also can i retain a specific player ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about retaining a specific player, but you could try it by using RETAIN PLAYER and then the player's name in quotations. Make sure to use a player who isn't normally loaded in your database. Just use a singular instead of a plural for the command, and use the player's name instead of a club name.

Yes, you can create a 'large' database by using these files. You can actually set up a file to retain every player and staff member in the game, but it will almost surely cause your computer to crash when you click 'continue'. I tried this once with a high spec machine, and I got a crash.

No, these files cannot affect a saved game. No, you cannot become chairman either.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can i make a new chairman to a specific club??? I have changed .edt file in db section and did everything to the letter thats saying here but when i start a new game the "new" chairman is not even in the game. I use FMM to try and search him out but hes not there.!?!?! Any suggestions???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've just started a new game and signed players etc, and have just noticed Nuneaton Borough's stadium is "Unknown" when it's really the 6,000 capacity Liberty Way.

Is there a way to add this to the game via a EDT or DDT file so I don't have to go in and edit the data file and start again?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

How do you start a new game and retain players from a specific team(s) in a league that is not selected when you start the game?

For example, how do I get players from IFK Göteborg if I am just running a game with England and Italy selected?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Dave Boston:

Hey guys, I've just started a new game and signed players etc, and have just noticed Nuneaton Borough's stadium is "Unknown" when it's really the 6,000 capacity Liberty Way.

Is there a way to add this to the game via a EDT or DDT file so I don't have to go in and edit the data file and start again?

Thanks

I don't think there is a way with EDT or DDT files (definitely not DDT files as they just retain extra players in the DB). Even EDT files won't have any effect unless you start a new game.

Can FM Modifier change stadium names/capacities??

These pesky EDT files still seem to be a major source of headaches for FM players. So, I've started work on an EDT creator program and I've got some of the basic features included.

But it's going to be a lot of work to make it 100% complete so before I really get into it I just want to see if anyone here thinks it would be useful.

I'm planning to make it compatible with DDT and LNC files as well and to include some sort of syntax checker to stop users making any little errors, like missing out a quote-mark, etc.

So, any takers...?

Originally posted by Oskarsson:

These pesky EDT files still seem to be a major source of headaches for FM players. So, I've started work on an EDT creator program and I've got some of the basic features included.

But it's going to be a lot of work to make it 100% complete so before I really get into it I just want to see if anyone here thinks it would be useful.

I'm planning to make it compatible with DDT and LNC files as well and to include some sort of syntax checker to stop users making any little errors, like missing out a quote-mark, etc.

So, any takers...?

Go for it. over time it will be used more and more, and people will come to you for such tools

I know there's already a thread for it but as this is the official EDT & DDT thread I thought it should get a mention here too.

I've made released the first version of my EDT Maker program, available HERE.

It's far from finished but most of the common EDT features are in there so give it whirl and let me know what you think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by AntondeVries:

Who's gonna tell me short, but precisely how I retain players from a certain country (let's say Jamaica) into my FM08 saved game..

Please!!

To retain by Nationality

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Jamaica"

To retain by club

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" CLUB_ID

Originally posted by matty_8:

can i use EDT or DDT to add promotions and relegations to leagues?

Yes, You can use:

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107203 340

"SWAP_TEAMS" 327 333

"SWAP_TEAMS" 330 301190

"SWAP_TEAMS" 319 104776

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107216 107205

"SWAP_TEAMS" 334 107236

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107232 315

"SWAP_TEAMS" 301338 317

"SWAP_TEAMS" 1099 321

( Example used from my file to update Bralilian League )

• 2 weeks later...

Extract all files included in the archive to: -

Windows XP Users - C:\Documents And Settings\<user_name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db

Windows Vista Users - C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db\<database_name>\edt

Correction:

Extract all files included in the archive to: -

Windows XP Users - C:\Documents And Settings\<user_name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db\database_name\edt

Windows Vista Users - C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db\<database_name>\edt

I am using FM 2007 on Windows XP, and I have a few small questions:

1) In which database should I save my ddt and edt files? I have 5 different databases on my FM 2007 game:

1: SI's original 7.0.0 database,

2: Si's 7.0.1 update + database

3: SI's 7.0.2 update + database

4: FMUpdates september 2007 database

5: FMUpdates september 2007 + my own changes database

For example, only in the original 7.0.0 database, or in all databases, or only in the database that I am using at the moment?

2)How can it be that when I untick an ddt or edt file (which should change to a ddd or edd file automaticly, at least this was the case in earlier FM-games), I still end up with a game that loads all information of the not-selected (= unticked) files?

(I can see that, by looking in preferences after a game is loaded. And of course by the loading time. Strange thing is that when I look in the preferences menu of a running game, that not all ddt's and edt's are displayed.)

All help is appreciated. icon14.gif

Originally posted by grade:

Is it possible using the EDT and DDT Files to change the number of teams on a league? Example to change the number of teams of Bwing Liga (portugal) from 16 to 20 teams?

No. Data changes (money, names, history, statistics, etc) are possible. Game changes (league structures, dates, etc) ain't.

I have some more links for retain player files which I have organised. I have found them useful myself and thought I would share them with everyone:

* Loads all players in the world (and game): http://hosted.filefront.com/crogers8485/2175849

* Loads all players from various continents (e.g. Africa, Europe, South America, etc): http://hosted.filefront.com/crogers8485/2175848

* Loads all players by scouting region (e.g, Central Europe, Middle East, Western Africa, etc): http://hosted.filefront.com/crogers8485/2175847

Originally posted by grade:

Is it possible using the EDT and DDT Files to change the number of teams on a league? Example to change the number of teams of Bwing Liga (portugal) from 16 to 20 teams?

Unfortunately this is not possible. The league structures are hard coded into the game.

Archived