EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

Originally posted by Jorgen:

I am using FM 2007 on Windows XP, and I have a few small questions:

1) In which database should I save my ddt and edt files? I have 5 different databases on my FM 2007 game:

1: SI's original 7.0.0 database,

2: Si's 7.0.1 update + database

3: SI's 7.0.2 update + database

4: FMUpdates september 2007 database

5: FMUpdates september 2007 + my own changes database

For example, only in the original 7.0.0 database, or in all databases, or only in the database that I am using at the moment?

2)How can it be that when I untick an ddt or edt file (which should change to a ddd or edd file automaticly, at least this was the case in earlier FM-games), I still end up with a game that loads all information of the not-selected (= unticked) files?

(I can see that, by looking in preferences after a game is loaded. And of course by the loading time. Strange thing is that when I look in the preferences menu of a running game, that not all ddt's and edt's are displayed.)

All help is appreciated. icon14.gif

1) You will need to save the files in every single database you want to run. For example, if you wanted to run 'FMUpdates september 2007 + my own changes database' then save there, if you want to run all five then save in every single one.

The exact folder will be something like: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db\<database name>\edt - do not save in

2) If found a similar problem with this on 8.0.1 patch. I got round it by completely removing the edt/ddt files from C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db\<database name>\edt, etc or a similar folder and moving them to a completely different folder (or desktop) on my computer. The other option is to delete them if you don't need them.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 1anjorebelde:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

can i use EDT or DDT to add promotions and relegations to leagues?

Yes, You can use:

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107203 340

"SWAP_TEAMS" 327 333

"SWAP_TEAMS" 330 301190

"SWAP_TEAMS" 319 104776

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107216 107205

"SWAP_TEAMS" 334 107236

"SWAP_TEAMS" 107232 315

"SWAP_TEAMS" 301338 317

"SWAP_TEAMS" 1099 321

( Example used from my file to update Bralilian League ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does this work sorry?

• 2 weeks later...

@ Reggae Boyz:

Thanks for your reply!

I have another question: LNC files are a bit different from ddt and edt files, as in that LNC files work in existing savegames and ddt and edt files, only in new created savegames. Then why is it, that in my existing savegame all the right German and French teamnames disappeared and in any new game I create they are all correct.

The existing savegame was made with a changed LNC file with all the correct names. After I re-installed my pc, re-installed FM and copied the backup of my savegame, the savegame showed the wrong names. How can that be?

• 1 month later...

I just started using the FM Data Editor. But I don't know how to use my own created database.

This is what I do:

1. Open FM 2008 Data Editor

2. File -> Load Database

3. I load the file: "8.0.1 Update"

4. I change(edit)/add a lot of things, things I prefer in the game ofcourse.

5. Then I want to quit, and they ask if i want to save the game --> YES I do. So I save it.

6. Then I open a NEW GAME in FM 2008, but all the changes I made don't appear.

My question: "How do my changes appear in the game?"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guyswhere I save the DDT files for more players?

I go to

C:\Documents And Settings\<user_name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db but there are not folders for each official db.I thought I there would be folders <800> <801> and <802> but the only databese folder i find there is one unofficial which idownloaded

somebody please reply me!! us there anyway to make a new competition? there are several competions they dont have icon_frown.gif oh and is there any other way to play the lower leagues of certain countries??

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tassard:

Guyswhere I save the DDT files for more players?

I go to

C:\Documents And Settings\<user_name>\My Documents\Sports Interactive 2008\db but there are not folders for each official db.I thought I there would be folders <800> <801> and <802> but the only databese folder i find there is one unofficial which idownloaded

well if you're going to be playing with the downloaded db then put it in that folder

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there am new to this stuff, but kind of understand it, so all I have to do is type in word pad or note pad, "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""SPAIN" eg and save it as DDT file and put it in to the edt folder,is there anything else I need to put in the command line. And can I keeping editing the file for eg as well as putting in "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""SPAIN" can I also put in "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""China PR" in the same file or is it better to put in a different file?. And do I need to put in EDT file to retain the spainsh clubs as well?

• 1 month later...
somebody please reply me!! us there anyway to make a new competition? there are several competions they dont have icon_frown.gif oh and is there any other way to play the lower leagues of certain countries??

AFAIK there isn't for legal reasons.

Hi there am new to this stuff, but kind of understand it, so all I have to do is type in word pad or note pad, "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""SPAIN" eg and save it as DDT file and put it in to the edt folder,is there anything else I need to put in the command line. And can I keeping editing the file for eg as well as putting in "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""SPAIN" can I also put in "RETAIN_NATIONAL_PLAYER""China PR" in the same file or is it better to put in a different file?. And do I need to put in EDT file to retain the spainsh clubs as well?

That's right, however if you go to the following website it will generate a file for you: http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

Just put them in the 'edt' folder within the database. The exact location if using Windows is: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Fm 2008\data\db\(databsase name)\edt or My Documents\Sports Interactive\Fm 2008\data\db\(databsase name)\edt

@ Reggae Boyz:

Thanks for your reply!

I have another question: LNC files are a bit different from ddt and edt files, as in that LNC files work in existing savegames and ddt and edt files, only in new created savegames. Then why is it, that in my existing savegame all the right German and French teamnames disappeared and in any new game I create they are all correct.

The existing savegame was made with a changed LNC file with all the correct names. After I re-installed my pc, re-installed FM and copied the backup of my savegame, the savegame showed the wrong names. How can that be?

I'm not really sure to be honest. I tend to use updates that unfake the German and French teamnames so that I don't have to edit them.

AFAIK there isn't for legal reasons.

What he said. All league structures are hard-coded into the game which means you cannot edit them.

Can anyone tell me if the "swap team" command can be used in a cumulative way, i.e. to switch one team and then switch them again from their new location according to the previous command.

E.g.

Command 1 - Remove Liverpool from the Premier League and swap them with Charlton in the Championship.

Command 2 - Now swap Charlton in the Premier League with Rangers in the Scottish Premier Division.

Not that I want to do this specifically!

Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i put the sugar daddy option in the init.cfg file for a new game with liverpool when i start the game up i get the same money is that right and when i run out ill get cash injections or should i be getting more money from the start.

Also am using an updated db will that matter

Hi i put the sugar daddy option in the init.cfg file for a new game with liverpool when i start the game up i get the same money is that right and when i run out ill get cash injections or should i be getting more money from the start.

Also am using an updated db will that matter

Open Notepad and write

"SUGAR_DADDY" "Liverpool"

Then save it into the update directory (if you are playing 8.02 db):

C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db\802\edt

as *.edt file

If you are playing with another updated db, I Think that you should put this file in the directory:

your-update\db\edt

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I've done my own future-regen, but it does not work. I've done in so many ways,edtiting other edts's,making new one's with EDT generator, began several saves with diferents databases sizes, waited till 2013-14 season, but nothing works.

Some one can help me? i've already posted this questions in other forum's thread and stilll no answer.

I really need to know how can i do this ritght.

Thanx

Archived