EDT and DDT Files - The Official Guide

westmead63

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why cant i get my .EDT and .DDT files to work? im running version 4.1.5 on cm03/04. i was trying to swap Arsenal for Barcelona in the premier league with the premiership in england only playable with a small database but when i tried starting a new game the error message "could not process <%team#1-short> swap with <%team#2-short>, one of these clubs may be extinct or invalid" Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Originally posted by VillaNz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shux:

@ Jearm84

You can switch on unique IDs (in game) in 'Preferences'. icon_smile.gif

Or you can use the data editor to see them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the editor runs Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slow for me-too slow infact i'll try the other method.

also is there a lsit of the id's for compititons and stuff?

Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VillaNz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shux:

@ Jearm84

You can switch on unique IDs (in game) in 'Preferences'. icon_smile.gif

Or you can use the data editor to see them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the editor runs Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slow for me-too slow infact i'll try the other method.

also is there a lsit of the id's for compititons and stuff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I know of.

I might put one together though, if it'll help people.

I wanna ask some questions:

1. When can I use IDs except names. I know it can be done in "Swap_Teams". Can I use club IDs in all comands? Can I use IDs of stadiums and nations?

2. Can some one give me a link to or post correct syntax of all commands. Some I know and I cheked them out. But some so suspicion for me...

Originally posted by NecroMan:

I wanna ask some questions:

1. When can I use IDs except names. I know it can be done in "Swap_Teams". Can I use club IDs in all comands? Can I use IDs of stadiums and nations?

2. Can some one give me a link to or post correct syntax of all commands. Some I know and I cheked them out. But some so suspicion for me...

As far as I know you can use Unique IDs for everything except for Player Names.

And the commands in my post above have got the correct syntax..... haven't they??

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out please:

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "Club 1" "Club 2" 01 01 2005 -1 -1 -1

"LOAN" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "Club 1" "Club 2" 01 01 2005 01 01 2005

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Club 1" "Club 2"

"BOOST_TEAM" "Club" 1000000 10000 50000

"STADIUM_MOVE" "Club" "Stadium 1" "Stadium 2" "01.01.2005"

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "01.01.2005" "Nation" "Club"

"RETIREMENT" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "Club" 01 01 2005

"INT_RETIREMENT" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "Club"

"CLUB_DEBT" "Club" "1000000" "12" "Bank"

"SELL_ON_PERCENTAGE" "Name" "Nick" "Surname" "01.01.2005" "Club" "100"

Generated by Editor I want to release. I need know it's properly generated. I will add STADIUM_CHANGE_FOR_COMP and all I'll found here later.

Say if you want to future transfer a player, or do an international retirement - what do you put between the quotes if the player has no current club (ie he's a free agent)?

I've tried just using empty quotes and it didnt work. Any ideas?

So do Future Transfers work with FM2005 and latest patch?? Because that's all I care about as I want to do or download a quick list of future transfers after season one before starting new game.

I used a future regens file, and it seemed to work, loaded a game with fake players and all the players I made up were there. Played it for a few months. When I come back toload the game, it says it can't load. Is this a problem with the edt???

Originally posted by Bovwaa:

I used a future regens file, and it seemed to work, loaded a game with fake players and all the players I made up were there. Played it for a few months. When I come back toload the game, it says it can't load. Is this a problem with the edt???

I dont think its the edt file. They only affect new games, not saved games.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MANCHESTER UTD fan...:

i think i'm some kind of a stupid-cupid, but what are EDT n' DDT files??? where r they, how can I edit 'em, r they in official editor? please help me...icon_frown.gif

Check the top of the first page in this thread icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by pavix:

Is there a thing like this ?

RELEASE Player

or

Release Players_Team ???

Thanks for answering icon_wink.gif

No.

It would be good though - some people are trying to make a patch where all players are free agents and this would help, bigtime.

Please, is there some instructions to create press media (for countries where there are not)?

Like:

"NEW_MEDIA" "Name" "Short_Name" "Website" "Country"

If there is not, maybe a great idea for FM2006, because I'm sure that people would become FM even more realistic in every country.

Originally posted by Paulo Santoro:

Please, is there some instructions to create press media (for countries where there are not)?

Like:

"NEW_MEDIA" "Name" "Short_Name" "Website" "Country"

If there is not, maybe a great idea for FM2006, because I'm sure that people would become FM even more realistic in every country.

Very nice idea ! Media seems like such a simple thing as it really is nothing more than cosmetic. Should definately been in FM2006, saves having to open the editor, seeing as it has nothing to do with players or clubs directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice idea ! Media seems like such a simple thing as it really is nothing more than cosmetic. Should definately been in FM2006, saves having to open the editor, seeing as it has nothing to do with players or clubs directly.

An excellent idea, don't know about the chances of getting it though... icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by yuriiam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam.S:

how do u get van der sar to work in an edt file transfer

you mean this >>>????

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Edwin" "" "van der Sar" "Fulham" "Man Utd" 1 7 2005 0 -1 -1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will do the job perfectly!

is there a way to get players out of international retirement like zidane...cuz he says that he will play for france...the same goes for thuram and makalele but im not sure if makalele is retired though..it just said on a website that theyre all back for france

Originally posted by yuriiam:

is there a way to get players out of international retirement like zidane...

(with the very few i understand)

as EDT are only for new games, you surely better use the Editor (there is a checkbox onmain player page)

or, as i've seen , you could use a "INT_RETIREMENT" "Lilian" "" "Thuram" "Juventus"

and pray for it to work backwards as well

I used the DDT file that's been posted around, and it must slow the game down, because I can't start a new game. As it's setting the game up, it ceases around the 'setting up cups and comps stage'. When I tried unticking the DDT file box, same thing happens. My PC is fine and normally plays the game fine. What's wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, as a new user to the game since CM03/04 I have a few questions that I can't find truly answered by the number of posts I've searched this evening.

1) Is a .ddt file a way of solving the annoyance of finding only 25% of the players you want, and know full well exist in the database, when you only have say the English domestic leagues selected?

2) If so how do you create one? I hear people talking about putting this or that in a notepad file, but without knowing exactley what else goes into the text of the file, and with so many of the references in this post being only for CM03/04 I'm somewhat clueless of where I would put them in FM2005.

3) Whilst not wanting to be accused of creating spam posts is there somewhere on the net I could download a .ddt file giving me say players from the african nations, and the larger part of Europe?

4) Does having a .ddt file being used slow down your game significantly? My system is only a tiny bit over minimum specs, and while I have a fair bit of RAM to help me out my processor could be a lot better.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by jannehuo:

Does the EDT and DDT works with the FM2006 6.0.1?

You might want to check that they haven't changed any of the names in the new database (spent a while trying to work out why my EDT from the last game wasn't working before realising that they'd changed Inter's long name...), but otherwise they seem to work fine.

Archived