FM Time Machine - Staying Where I Should Have

AcidBurn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

GamesLeague.jpg

Games.jpg

First off we splatted Real Madrid, I'm not sure what happened to them but they were totally rubbish although when they got to 2-1 I thought here we go again. The FA Cup saw us beat Wigan 2-0 and then our rivals Stoke City to book a semi-final slot against Newcastle which will be tough but not as tough as the Champions League draw which sees us playing Barcelona.

As you can the see the league is going extremely well Champions League place is virtually done now and even if Man United win their game in hand we will still have a decent lead. The back to back wins over Arsenal and Man United will be seen as the two results that bagged us the title if we do manage to hold on and win it. Campbell has really stepped up recently and scored some really important goals he is proof that people concentrate too much on CA and PA at times, I do not know what his CA is but he is only rated at 2 and a half stars yet he is vital to the side. January signing Caviglia has started to step up with his first goals for the club and some cracking passes.

I just hope to keep morale good now, a loss against Barcelona could be bad as we play them next but it does look pretty good!

Had you won the league with Crewe I would have had to be resusitated having keeled over in shock.

Haha you better get prepared then!

Decent result in Madrid.

Cheers the return leg was even better.

The league is looking good. You have a bit of a cushion whichshould help in the latter stage.

Guess we'll find out in my next update!

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

championspz.jpg

CreweResults.jpg

I'll start with the league first, we won it! Managed to build up a good lead and never really slipped up apart from the loss against West Ham who are my bogey side. Disappointment in the FA Cup we were 3-1 down against Newcastle after 65 minutes so I made some substitutions minimised the game and browsed the internet thinking we had lost, however when I put the game back on we were 4-3 up having scored in the 72nd, 74th and 77th minute. This booked a place in the final versus Man City but they were just too strong for us and breezed through us with a 2-0 win. After the Real Madrid win we drew Barcelona but they were not really a threat a 2-1 away win and then back to our place for us to hammer them 4-1. I hated having the home leg first in the semi-finals where we faced Arsenal a good 2-1 victory made for a nervous return leg that I was not confident of winning, we got thrashed 3-0 and to be fair they could have had more.

Overall though a fantastic season bringing in plenty of money for the club to grow. The board are adding another 8,500 seats to the 26,500 all seater new stadium we now play in and they are also upping the youth facilities something I would have asked for anyway.

CreweBest11Newest.jpg

As you can see fans player of the year Lee Campbell was the star man up front with a great return of 45 goals not bad for a 2 and a half star player with decent but not great attributes. Jonathan Watson was unlucky as he picked up a 3-4 month injury meaning he missed the last few months of the season and couldn't add to his great goal ratio. Casolla scores in batches but is vital to the side grabbed a lot of assists. Picchi was good with highest rating not including the strikers.

Luizao

For the first time ever I had a player sold over my head but it was my fault really. I signed Luizao for free 4 years a go but he never really played the well despite good attributes so I loaned him out and when he returned I offered him out for £7.5 million but no one offered anything for him. So I thought I would give him a chance in the team, he did pretty well but nothing spectacular I must have left the asking price low so when Corinthians bid £8.75 million out of nowhere the chairman accepted. Not a bad deal although he looks a decent player he never really performed well.

Also leaving were Kyle Bartley who was average, Wayne Hennessey who since we signed Sam McMahon hasn't had a look in, Brodie Coupland a player that was at Crewe when I took over and played at every level for us but is simply not good enough and finally Jay Rodriguez who has been brilliant for us but at 32 he wanted a pay rise from £25,000 a week to £45,000 I offered him a one year deal at £27,500 a week and locked that offer but he rejected.

Marlon - The first new player arriving is Marlon who I agreed a £2.5 million deal for nearly 2 years a go he has loads of potential and will hopefully start player straight away as a back up player to the others.

Josh Southern - The second arrival will be Josh Southern for some reason he was transfer listed at Man United, he might be a bit slow but he is rated at 2 stars currently with 4.5 star potentially so should have lots of room for improvement.

Great job in the league. Suck about your chairman going over your head, but at least you got more than you were originally asking for.

Cheers, it was my fault for not setting a bigger asking price really.

Great job! I noticed you said you won the league in your comments but the picture is showing Man City as champs. Wrong picture?

Thanks dude, fixed it now lol.

We also never lost a game at our new ground all season, now in pre-season the assman messed that up meaning Bohemians became the first side to win at the awesomely titled Crewe Stadium.

I think Nobby needs reviving :D

Haha, he probably will.

Blimey! Crewe the Champions of England! Well done!

Cheers dude.

Extraordinary saeason mate. Congratulations! :thup:

Champions League winners next... ;)

Thanks, that is the aim for next season as well as winning a domestic trophy.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

15Table.jpg

15Matches.jpg

Not a bad start to the league but could have been better, Man United have got off to a flyer including beating us 3-2 at Old Trafford. We suffered our first competitive loss at the new stadium against 10 man Arsenal and later lost against Newcastle at home as well. We were on fire scoring plenty at the beginning of the season and have lost three matches so far which is only one less than we lost in total last season. There has been a marked improvement in Caviglia's game since I started to use a 4-2-3-1 placing him at AMC where he performs much better than he does at MC. However this means that Lee Campbell has to move out to fill the AML spot obviously meaning he scores less goals. I like being able to use a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 so need to try and bring in a new winger in January.

Damion Crisp

At the start of the season I signed Crisp from Spurs for £8.75 million following their relegation from the EPL. I expect a lot from my fullbacks and this results in them tiring quickly so now I have four fullbacks all of which are pretty damn good.

Koketsu Sono

I needed a bit of a work horse player to go in the middle and splashed out a record £15 million on Sono from Ajax, looks top quality and comes is very useful when I play a 4-2-3-1 as the perfect partner to a deep play maker.

There will be a couple of players going out in January disappointingly Josh Southern who has great potential is on his way after 6 months. He only played a few games but made some huge mistakes, when declaring he was unhappy at not playing enough I told him he was poor when given the chance, this led to him saying he didn't care and just wanted to go so I sold him for £10 million and 50 percent of his next transfer. Robert Thomson who I signed as back up for £2.5 million last season is also on his way out after 16 starts for £5 million plus 50 percent of his next transfer. Promising midfielder Danny Uhl never quite made it for me so he is also going for £5 million plus 50 percent of his next transfer. Seems pretty easy to add that clause into virtually any transfer.

CL.jpg

Champions League was pretty routine in fact us and Inter both qualified after 4 matches making the last two games meaningless. I fielded a good team against Celtic but I was experimenting with a new formation and it backfired as we lost 2-0. Switched back for the last game against Inter and thrashed them 4-0.

LeagueCup.jpg

I usually leave posting about the League Cup but can't help it after the last result. Man United for some reason fielded about 3 or 4 first teamers and the rest of their squad was made up from reserves, probably the most enjoyable win I have ever had on FM. Despite not being full strength beating a top side 10-1 at their own ground is pretty impressive. Lee Campbell led the way and he is now a Crewe legend and one of the best regens I have ever had.

Reserve team or not, 10-1's pretty heavy.

I was very proud of that result.

7 goals by Campbell in that Man Utd match :) Hope he can get half of that in league games!

I hope he can carry on, I have been using him out wide because he is the only AML in the squad but I have gone back to a no winger tactic now.

I don't get to come on the forum as much as I used to so I have to play catch up every few days.

Is your TNA diary still going? I only really go there for WMMA stuff.

Have to say, that was just an ****ing unbelievable season last term :D.

Cheers, I expected us to get in the top four but didn't think we could win it.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

EPL.jpg

EPLf.jpg

We have two games in hand but I would have preferred to have the points. A 4-0 win over Man City was followed by a loss against West Brom at home. A hard fought 4-3 win away to Chelsea was followed by an awesome run of form 7-0, 9-0 5-0 and then another humiliating defeat for Man United at the hands of the newly inspired Caviglia who has been sensational since moving from MC to AMC. We struggled a bit after that with a lucky 3-1 win at Liverpool following by a really beating from Arsenal who could have had more than four goals. We seem to have sprung back well and Picchi our best MC kept a clean sheet as a GK against Bolton when both GK's were injured although to be fair Bolton only had 3 shots none of which were on target.

EPLLC.jpg

First domestic cup win since taking charge as Crewe manager came with a brilliant performance in a 2-0 victory over Chelsea goals from Watson and Picchi sealing what was really a walk in the park.

Lovely Goal Difference you have there :thup: also congrats on winning the Cup.

Thanks, hopefully the first of many.

You're not half banging them in!

I know, I moved the middle striker of my front three to AMC and he keeps getting into the box while their CB's are busy with the strikers he scores the goals.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

PremTable.jpg

PremRes.jpg

We did great this season as Man United were playing like champions early in the season. The added bonus was winning the title at home against our biggest rivals Stoke City with a 2-0 win. Every team in the EPL found ti hard to cope with Caviglia once I started playing a narrow diamond with him at AMC, he was left unmarked quite a bit and the fact he has 20 for off the ball means he gets in some great positions. Obviously the thing that stands out for me is the goals scored at times we were ruthless ripping teams apart but not just the bottom sides we destroyed some good teams as well.

PremFACup.jpg

We completed the domestic treble with a great FA Cup run. We were lucky against Norwich in the earlier round and even more so against Chelsea but we had something extra during extra time that they couldn't deal with. McKimm the CB grabbing two goals one from a corner and one from a free kick to send us to victory. We went onto the final to make Man United our bitches again this time Caviglia scored a hat trick and Campbell added the fourth to increase our lead to 4-2 and lead us to lift the second domestic cup of the season.

PremCL.jpg

The first Champions League win in the history of the club. Once we had the 2-1 away win over Marseille I knew we would beat them at home and we did quite easily. The next round saw us drawn against Neil Lennons Porto who we dispatched easily at home and then away we went one better to win 4-1. A trip to Madrid was always going to be hard and we deserved to lose the first leg and I thought I would have to wait until next season to get another crack at this competition. However the team was brilliant at home with Caviglia proving how good he had become with two goals and a Lee Campbell strike in between. I thought we would face Arsenal in the final but Bayern got rid of them with a 6-2 victory over both legs.

PremCLDet.jpg

The final shouldn't have even got to extra time in terms of chances we dominated hitting the wood work three times in the first half we still found ourselves losing 1-0 until McKimm drilled in a powerful header just before half time to put us level. The second half saw mostly us attacking but we couldn't score the main man Caviglia put us ahead and then the other CB Yildiz hammered home a header from a free kick and Caviglia added the last goal.

A brilliant season that couldn't have been better all competitions that we entered we won. The league was slightly harder than last time and we avoided other English sides in the Champions League which is something I like to do. The domestic cups were nice to win because I hadn't won them yet. Not really sure how the season can be improved on for next season.

Contract.jpg

The day after I delivered the Champions League title I went to ask for a new contract. At the time I was on £39,000 a week and had one year left to run, I said I deserved a new contract due to the success I had given the club and the board agreed. Their opening offer was £70,000 a week but I wanted £100,000 in the end we settled on a 5 year contract for £85,000. This means I now earn more than any player in my squad which is the way it should be.

Next season I want to try and bring some more youth through but there were no good ones through the academy this year. The board have agreed to increase the youth facilities to state of the art and to be fair they are pretty good with wanting to improve all facilities and are adding another 9000 seats to the 35,000 all seater stadium we currently have. I just wish that we could get some better sponsorship deals as the current ones are pretty poor, the main shirt deal has been improved from £1.8 million to £4.9 million. I also acquired a feeder club in America San Jose to increase our merchandising, this season we made £8.2 million compared to just £1.9 million last season I'm not sure how much of this is to do with the feeder club and how much to do with us improving our reputation through winning.

Is your TNA diary still going? I only really go there for WMMA stuff.

Yeah it is. That is running at a slower pace too as my internet and gaming use is a lot less these days.

Not long done Bound for Glory IV where amongst other things Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell helped 'Big Black Love Muscle' Monty Brown. Got to love the creative freedom in that game. :)

Brilliant season and definitely deserving of a better contract.

Thanks, hopefully I can follow it with a similar season next year.

Yeah it is. That is running at a slower pace too as my internet and gaming use is a lot less these days.

Not long done Bound for Glory IV where amongst other things Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell helped 'Big Black Love Muscle' Monty Brown. Got to love the creative freedom in that game. :)

And well done on winning the Champions League with Crewe.

Cheers, I pop over to greydog every so often to have a read of the diaries.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

CABest11.jpg

Forgot to add the best 11 from last season, Caviglia really impressed at AMC finishing top scorer by quite some way. I think playing this diamond means that the AMC scores loads of goals and the strikers get less than when they are a front three. The defence was solid as was midfield with Maguire really showing what he can do during the second half of the season. Picchi is a great success story released by Empoli and signed when we were in the Championship he is now an important part of the Italian national team and is worth £26 million.

10Games.jpg

10Results.jpg

I'm a bit annoyed at our start we usually race out of the blocks but this time round lost to Man United at home and surprisingly Wigan away, disappointed with a draw at Spurs because we dominated the game and should have had it all won by half time. West Brom doing very well with a 36 year old Wayne Rooney at AMC and a top regen at striker who I have tried to sign in the past but they want at least £40 million for him.

Players Out

Hakan Gunes

My biggest mistake as manager, I signed him in January last season for a huge £33 million but he never really did much apart from get injured and play very averagely. After a few more injuries and a slow start to this season I decided to sell him to Inter Milan for £23 million plus a few other clauses. Makes me worry about spending that much on a player ever again.

Shaun Donovan

This guy was brought in as a back up to my main GK but he did nothing but moan then when given a chance he would mess up, so I sold him to Wigan for £5 million plus 50 percent of the next transfer.

Kees Timmermans

Timmermans has amazing attributes and is a top top player but he started kicking up a fuss about a new contract. I am trying to keep the wages in check and I feel at the moment no player is worth paying more than £80,000 a week. So when he wanted over £100,000 I decided it was time to ship him out. I got £30 million all up front plus 50 percent of the next transfer, an offer I thought was well worth accepting.

Players In

Javier Demartin

I decided that I would sign this guy despite not really needing any new strikers, he has huge potential and plenty of other team sniffing around him so I decided £11 million was well worth it.

Mateusz Grembocki

I needed to sign two GK's one as back up and one for the future. I was surprised this lad was offered as his contract had expired so I snapped him up to see he has 3.5 stars of potential so with the right training could become a very decent GK.

Mohammed Yeboah

The biggest signing of the season so far at £16 million from FC Kobenhavn, I thought I could get him cheaper than I did but I didn't mind paying the extra to rotate him with McKimm and Yildiz.

Nick de Vries

£3.6 million from PSV this Gk will give McMahon a challenge for a starting place and probably play the cup games as well.

Oscar Lizarranga

I tried to get him last season but couldn't as he wouldn't discuss a contract but Real Madrid offered him out for £5 million so I signed him. I remember him being pretty good in my alternate game, Caviglia played a lot last season probably too much so now Lizarranga will start the easier games and cup matches to make sure Caviglia is fit for the big games.

Russell Mortimer

£2.5 million from Liverpool not a bad price at all for a player this young and loaded with potential. Him being English also made me want to sign him, I have been trying to get a good English spine to the side but it's too hard to do at the moment because there is so much talent available at much cheaper prices.

crewefac.jpg

Good to see the club improving we now get loads of glory supporters filling the stands of the 44,092 all seater stadium. I am hoping the improved youth facilities will eventually lead us to start producing our own regens worth having. I will continue to have the facilities improved until they are all the highest they can be. I hope to keep this save going long enough to see another stadium built but that will take a while.

That will be very useful.

I hope so, there's only been one player worth keeping that's come through the academy since I have been manager. Trouble is now he feels he has achieved all he can and wants to leave.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

20Games.jpg

20Results.jpg

A three point lead and a game in hand is not too bad after 20 matches, we've been surprisingly strong at the back for a team managed by me. We bounced back from the loss against Wigan superbly with 10 league wins in a row including decent wins over Arsenal and Man City. We are more solid than last season but I don't think we are as brutally efficient in front of goal as last season. Although not completely a one man team Caviglia is key to everything we do if he were to get a serious injury I think we would struggle slightly to get goals.

Schalke.jpg

Don't think I have ever dominated a match so much shots wise, I think we should have won about 6-0 really. Still we did enough to go through and then won the last match to book a place against Celtic in the first KO round.

20CL.jpg

The group stage was reasonably easy we went 3-2 up against Schalke in the first game when we scored in the 90th minute but they came back to score in the 93rd to grab a draw. Kobenhavn were easily dispatched as were Valencia at their own ground. Back at our place it was a reasonably even game but they took their chance and we didn't take any of ours. If we had of won that game we would have qualified but instead we had to wait until the next match.

So, is "state of the art" after "top" in facilities? Would that make the "top" no longer the top? ;)

Haha, I think state of the art is the best you can get.

Tell them people at Anfield to pull their fingers out AB.

Liverpool always do rubbish on my saves.

8th seems realistic to me :D

Knew someone would say that lol.

Golden.jpg

Goldenplayer.jpg

More than deserved as Caviglia becomes the first regen to win both awards. Apparently his performances for Argentina in the World Cup went a long way to him sealing the award.

Archived