FM Time Machine - Staying Where I Should Have

AcidBurn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

32GameEPL.jpg

32Games.jpg

I was going to post a 30 game update but there was no point considering we have won the league after 32 games. No other team is really consistent enough to challenge us, Man United thrashed us 5-1 and to be honest it could have been 8-1 but we bounced back from that and kept winning. To win the league with that many games to spare is pretty good and probably the earliest I have ever sealed a league victory on FM12.

Goalkeeper Trouble

Niels Buijs

I was having trouble through the last part of the year trying to get my GK to sign a new contract I thought him demanding over £100,000 a week plus crazy bonuses like £40,000 for every clean sheet was too much. In the end I thought I might as well try to sell him and Arsenal offered £10 million so I accepted but he choose AC Milan instead, so will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season. So I went out and spent £22.5 million on this lad, a bit expensive but 12 clean sheets in his first 15 matches is pretty damn good.

I will update the cups at the end of the season, we are out of one and still in the FA Cup and the Champions League.

Wow! Congrats on the league :) That's an amazing record of wins you've posted.

Cheers, I doubt I'll post for many more season I always think people get bored with a career save of constant winning and I don't want to leave Crewe.

I don't get bored, just wonder how people a) manage to take Crewe to the Champions League, and b) how they manage to avoid having any bad seasons. I'm pretty adept at getting a side promoted (see my Brian Clough save), having got up from League 1 and the Championship on this save alone, but frequently struggle to push on. Had I not been duty bound to leave Hartlepool for Derby, I'd probably have stayed on, got relegated after another season, and either got bored and resigned, or got fired. At least moving clubs enables me to continue the success (for now), although Derby aren't going to be too easy to make successful. Can the radical overhaul approach work for a second time?

Seriously, keep going, love hearing about it. Especially as you're with one of my local clubs

I don't get bored, just wonder how people a) manage to take Crewe to the Champions League, and b) how they manage to avoid having any bad seasons. I'm pretty adept at getting a side promoted (see my Brian Clough save), having got up from League 1 and the Championship on this save alone, but frequently struggle to push on. Had I not been duty bound to leave Hartlepool for Derby, I'd probably have stayed on, got relegated after another season, and either got bored and resigned, or got fired. At least moving clubs enables me to continue the success (for now), although Derby aren't going to be too easy to make successful. Can the radical overhaul approach work for a second time?

Seriously, keep going, love hearing about it. Especially as you're with one of my local clubs

Cheers, well I think along with yourself there are a few others interested so I guess I will keep going until I finish the save. I don't live far from Crewe and they are my second team, I watch all their home games which makes me want to stay for as long as possible.

I'll post about the ending to this season but I feel I will end this thread now. I have played a few more seasons and to be honest we are now that successful I am not sure it's worth updating the thread any more.

I'll be done now until FM13, hopefully I can make a longer lasting thread for that.

I'll post about the ending to this season but I feel I will end this thread now. I have played a few more seasons and to be honest we are now that successful I am not sure it's worth updating the thread any more.

I'll be done now until FM13, hopefully I can make a longer lasting thread for that.

Agree when i get to your point my thread will end

Archived