I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc.

Flamers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slo.png

Marching Onto The International Stage

I spent about 3 months unemployed, includign being rejected from the Dynamo Dresden job! However two international teams wanted my services, Belarus Under 19's and Slovakia. Obviously I choose Slovakia as why wouldn't I want to manage the whole country? I am also still in the process of applying for the Union Berlin job so that might happen, it might not.

Squad | Results | League Table

I immediately appointed my trusty Assistant who has now followed me around for 5 years across the whole of Eastern Europe. The squad looks good, however our strike force is very weak, there are several good youths coming through the German leagues so I have faith for the future.

As for the fixtures, I am scared. Talk about a baptism of fire, France then Germany. If I draw one or both of these I will be incredibly happy but realistically a small loss I will be happy with.

trn.png

Fighting On Two Fronts

I have spent a year unemployed by a club, I cam continuing my quest with Slovakia but I have found got a job offer from FC Spartak Tranava I have been charged with the task of getting them into the EURO Cup again.

I was surprised to get the job in a club that is doing quite well, I have been turned down by German 3rd Division teams and now find myself at the helm of one of the top Slovakian clubs. As you can see the current run of results isn't great, I am to turn this around and finish with a flurry.

Board Overview

Slightly in debt but we should manage, I think EURO Cup money hits at the end of the season.

slo.png

Results 1 | Results 2

As expected we lost against France and Germany, we however put up a much bigger fight than France were expecting. A poor result against Moldova but it shows me how to adapt the tactic to succeed.

trn.png

Flight Of The Underdogs

Squad | Tactics

The squad is small and well probably be nearly completely rebuilt over the break. It is just about good enough to do what we need to but I want to win.

Playing the old 4-4-2, depending on my signings I may change tactic.

First Division Results | Slovak Cup Results | EURO Cup Results | Friendly Results | League Table | League Position Graph

Since I joined we only drew two games, won of which we played so badly I was ashamed to be the manager. Overall though the end to our league campaign was incredibly good, not losing is the best way to try and win the league. We were out of the Slovak and EURO Cup before I joined but by the looks of it we should have done better in the Slovak cup and with some luck we might get somewhere in the EURO Cup.

Rather annoyingly we ended up 3rd despite having a better Goal Difference than 2nd, I will assume that it is on results between the teams rather than goal difference. Since I joined the position was fairly stable pinching 3rd on the last day.

Transfers | Board Overview

There are a couple of transfers to go through from the previous manager, but it seems like he has done a fairly good job but been quite lazy. We are slightly in the red but the board hopefully won;t mind too much.

trn.png

Deja Vu

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

Cut my budget but I have agreed to sign plenty of players at the end of contracts. The media expect me to finish second, I think we could go top but it will be close. Title Contenders should be easy for us to achieve.

Squad | Results

I am growing the squad, but a lot of the players are youth players who I want to keep an eye on. The only friendly we play we won 5-0 so I'm pretty happy.

Most of the transfers were last season but some good young players have been brought in to bolster the squad even more.

We are slightly in the red but a good EURO Cup campaign should fix that!

trn.png

Leading From The Front

The squad is much better, with your younger players in it to. I want the club to do well for several years after I leave. We have done well this season, other than me messing with tactics we should have won every game. I take complete responsibility for the last defeat, however we are still 1 point clear at the top.

In terms of European progress we have done incredibly well, we beat Racing FC easily, then went on to edge no other than Fenerbache on away goals to line up Anji and Eto'o in the 4th Round! We put up a good fight but in the end the better team won through.

Plenty of dead wood out of the club. In my view clubs should never have reserve players over the age of 21.

We are nearly £1m in debt but oh well!

Steady going so far :thup:. The only thing that would worry me is when the African Cup of Nations come around (providing your African stars are involved). Other than that, you've got a great chance of some silverware at your new club :thup:

trn.png

Pushing Through Europe

We are setting a terrific pace on the league, only dropping points on 6 occasions. We are proving to be proper championship contenders this season, scoring freely and conceding fewer than other teams. Our results have been good, the last draw however was rather disappointing but hopefully with 2 months to think about it the squad can come back better than ever. The two wins over Slovan Bratislava are the reason for us sitting 4 points clear but we took the initiative early on and they are struggling to keep up.

For once I have also managed to do quite well in a domestic cup! We are through to the semi final after a 2-0 aggregate win over Michalovce (that name looks like a typo).

I may have spent more than I sold by I have cut the wage budget. Even so we are slowly sinking into dent which is worrying. I might have to try and trim the squad back, we'll see.

trn.png

Kings of Slovakia

Squad | Tactics

I am spending a bucket load on wages but the squad is pretty good! There are a couple of areas I would like to strengthen, attack and central defence, but we are easily good enough now. I changed the Deep lying Forward to a Target Man as it suits my new supporting striker better. I have been thinking about other tactics but I am a huge fan of 2 main strikers and can't find anything that works well other than the 4-4-2.

First Division Results | Slovak Cup Results | EURO Cup Results | Friendly Results | League Table | League Position Graph

What a difference a year makes! We took the domestic double this season, dominating the league, going 19 games unbeaten at one point, this meant we got to the top early and stayed there. In the EURO cup we managed to beat Fenerbahce to meet Anji in the 4th Qualifying round, however they just out classed us. I was proud to have got that far and to have taken one big scalp on the way.

I would normally moan about losing the 3 games but I think we did well and the games we lost we deserved to, often I would tire the squad in a cup game 3 days before a league match and they would still come out with the win so overall we did well.

We made a good profit on transfers, including a £1.4m profit in 6 months on my poacher! However we spent £2.6m in our league campaign and really couldn't afford it. However with the Champions League next season I am happy.

slo.png

Misery

Results 1 | Results 2 | World Cup Qualifying Group 8

Man we suck! We have managed to win 1 game in a year, we are sitting 88th in the rankings but I can see this falling again.

trn.png

Back On The War Path

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

I close Winners as anything less I would honestly be disappointed. After taking the domestic double with relative ease last season we should at least be able to win the title this year. The media still, somehow, think we are not the best team in the country.

Squad | Results

The squad has shrunk with the out going of a lot of useless players and, rather annoyingly, my right back. The core has stayed the same though so hopefully another good season should be on the cards. The only friendly we have played we comfortably won.

Still in the red however this year we have the Champions League!

trn.png

All Going Well On The Western Front

I managed to fill all of the key positions with player of a good enough quality to compete in Europe, ideally a new striker would be needed and a better keeper but beggers can't be choosers!

In terms of the league we are doing well, we have drawn quite a few games but the European schedule is brutal for us, I am just happy that we haven't lost a game and played competitive football. This form has left us on top of the table, where I mean to stay, 2 points clear of all of our rivals. Staying in Europe was key for us. We nearly got to the Champions League groups, Sparta Prague took until extra time to knock us out. Somehow we lost a 2 goal advantage but oh well, EURO Cup groups are where we are at.

With £1.9m in sales and only spending a tiny £10k and yet strengthening to squad I fell my financial control is quite good!

Ontop of this we are still going in Europe so we are now £2m in the black!

slo.png

Domestic Duties

Sacking

I was sacked as Slovakia manager, the squad is dreadful so it hardly surprises me. It will be interesting to see how the next manager does.

Archived