Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Did anyone see that lawyer on ITV? That was chilling. Its weird you see someone with his power/job and hes really shaken up, but someone younger I saw on TV looked ok. Different affects on different people i guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he gave a very detailed account in the circumstances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Angelo Power? I'm just listening to him on CNN

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

I would just like tha ability to phone my mates to check they are OK. The network busy sign on my mobile is p*ssing me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want I could check for you - My mopbile seems to be working fine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last mate has gone straight to voicemail so I have left her a message. Not much more I can do really. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Hector:

Haha I was just on Italian radio after sending an e-mail to that buy from two pages back! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that would be me.

How did it go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

those still having problems with the BBC site, use news.bbc.co.uk if you haven't figured it out yet icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more for the live web feed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

I would just like tha ability to phone my mates to check they are OK. The network busy sign on my mobile is p*ssing me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want I could check for you - My mopbile seems to be working fine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last mate has gone straight to voicemail so I have left her a message. Not much more I can do really. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

y'wlecome.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Hector:

Haha I was just on Italian radio after sending an e-mail to that buy from two pages back! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that would be me.

How did it go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know Paolo? It went good, he was translating what I was saying, they loved the fact I had been to some Atalanta games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 1210 The BBC's Security Correspondent Frank Gardner says BBC monitoring services have located a website linked to al-Qaeda with a 200-word statement saying it carried out the bombings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

B*stards

• SI Staff

My girlfriend's mum just got home, her route into work is on the Picadilly Line. Her description was that everyone was getting trains like normal, then there were problems with the trains so everyone tried to use the Victoria Line instead, but there were still problems so instead again everybody got out and started using buses. Apparently then after having been on the bus for a while, it just plain stopped and all buses stopped and started showing 'Sorry not in service' signs instead of usual numbers/destinations and people were basically told to get off not to do anything. She's pretty shaken I think, I'm not sure how close she was to anything but she works in Liverpool St. and I dont think she was too far off.

although it's still early, and I don't want to engage in scaremongering right now, terrorists aren't exactly expert bomb builders and there have been times in the past when the explosion did not happen as planned. it may be that when they comb the wreckage areas, they find that the bombs were plannned to be much larger but there was a failure and that explains the somewhat small nature of the blasts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OJ:

Yeah, that would be me.

How did it go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know Paolo? It went good, he was translating what I was saying, they loved the fact I had been to some Atalanta games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know him personally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Any news on the Kings Cross rescue operation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>CNN said they had rescued everyone that was alive, but that they left bodies underground icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Kennett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Did anyone see that lawyer on ITV? That was chilling. Its weird you see someone with his power/job and hes really shaken up, but someone younger I saw on TV looked ok. Different affects on different people i guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he gave a very detailed account in the circumstances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Angelo Power? I'm just listening to him on CNN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't catch his name.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

although it's still early, and I don't want to engage in scaremongering right now, terrorists aren't exactly expert bomb builders and there have been times in the past when the explosion did not happen as planned. it may be that when they comb the wreckage areas, they find that the bombs were plannned to be much larger but there was a failure and that explains the somewhat small nature of the blasts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No scaremongering at all, I reckon you could well be right because despite what has happened I really do think London has got off quite lightly here compared to other outrages

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by San Starko:

Finally heard back from my mate. He's fine, had the day off so hadn't even left the house yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, heard back from my last mate. All accounted for. He works near Liverpool Street.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Strong words from Ken Livingstone on Five. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did he say?

Guest DarthVader

Clear that it's a precision act of terrorism which must have been months in the planning. The whole underground taken out. Awful. And those poor people. icon_frown.gif

I have to say, and agree with some, that I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more explosions or devices which failed to detonate are found.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

anyone know what's happening in leicester square? Aparently a terrorist has been shot? (source: collegue) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably just a train stuck between Leicester Square and Russell Square. Too many Chinese Whispers getting thrown around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Surely the fact people are able to commit atrocities like this make you less inclined to believe in a God? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utter b0ll0cks. Less likely to believe in the goodness of human nature. Basically completely irrelevant to any religion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it b******s?

It doesn't affect my opinion at all, one way or the other, but if I was inclined to such thoughts, then when bad things happen I'd imagine I'd be more likely to think "How can there be a god when this stuff happens?"

After all, if we talk about God as the creator, then he is responsible for that "human nature".

But this is hardly the time/place for that sort of debate, so let's leave it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bantam316:

whoa, massive army presence in leeds, looks like they've closed the train station as well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you see this? if so where are you in Leeds...if this is bollox ill come bash you on the head. angryfire.gif

Heard rumours at work about it but someone rang station and its all clear?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

What did he say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainly describing the strong feelings he has about the bombings, I'll try and dig out his words in a minute.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

just to reiterate, try not to worry if you are waiting to hear from someone in london

i/we cant even send a text at the moment so just sit tight icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's network dependent. Working fine for me and Gudge here. Vodafone seems affected though.

What did he say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainly describing the strong feelings he has about the bombings, I'll try and dig out his words in a minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are a few of his words:

Mr Livingstone, speaking from Singapore before flying back to the UK, said Londoners would not be divided by a "cowardly attack."

He said it was an "indiscriminate" attempt at slaughter with no consideration for age or religion.

"I said yesterday to the IOC that this city of London is the greatest in the world because everyone lives side by side in harmony," said Mr Livingstone.

"Londoners will stand together in solidarity around those who have been injured and those that have been bereaved, and that is why I'm proud to be the mayor of the city."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Robertson:

Croydon is still shut.

East Croydon station closed.

Shopping centres evactated.

Many roads closed.

Rumoured to be suspect package outside either the Nestle HQ or HSBC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck my mate works in Nestle, best check he's ok icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Even Bush looks a bit shaken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he just looks a bit lost and drugged and weird.

all the other leaders look dignified, he looks like a naughty child or something. eyes darying about nervously

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Graeme Kelly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

just to reiterate, try not to worry if you are waiting to hear from someone in london

i/we cant even send a text at the moment so just sit tight icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's network dependent. Working fine for me and Gudge here. Vodafone seems affected though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Virign seems unaffected icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Robertson:

Croydon is still shut.

Many roads closed.

Rumoured to be suspect package outside either the Nestle HQ or HSBC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck my mate works in Nestle, best check he's ok icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasn't blown up yet

Croydon is still shut.

Many roads closed.

icon_eek.gif

"Mr Livingstone, speaking from Singapore before flying back to the UK, said Londoners would not be divided by a "cowardly attack."

He said it was an "indiscriminate" attempt at slaughter with no consideration for age or religion."

I'm sorry, I know this is no place for politics but Livingston really is a log. "no consideration for age or religion"? wtf does that actually mean? Those Muslims should have targeted middle age Jews rather than teenage and elderly agnostics? Would a discriminate attempt at slaughter have been better?›

Archived