FM12: Anji - Create The Path To Glory

JD nawrat

Halfway through the third season, sitting well in first with CSKA down in 4th after beating them 2-1 at their place.

In the champions league we're 3rd with 4 points from 4 games, although oddly we've drawn all 4 games. My group is Me, Lyon, Shakhtar and Kopenhavn and I'm still to play Lyon and Kopenhavn. Shakhtar have 5 points so with two wins I should be able to qualify!

• 2 weeks later...

CSKA have now dropped to 9th after, 18 games, oddly.

I've drawn Real Madrid in the Champions League, the stage after the group stage which will be tough to say the least. Also, i'm now in January 2014 and both Tevez and Adebayor are available to sign, and could join in 6 months time. Tevez is uninterested but I may be getting Adebayor on a 4 year, £90k per week deal which will be a bargain if I can pull it off. Eto'o has signed a new contract, on £120,000 as opposed to the previous £165k and at 32 is still banging the goals in.

Finance wise, CSKA, Zenit and Rubin all have a decent amount of money to throw around, although obviously nothing like Anji do which can make them all serious challengers to you for a few years.

Due to the rules (At least 1 Russian U21 player in the Squad, and at most 6 foreigners in the starting line up) you'll be almost forced to look at CSKA players, as they have by far the best Russian players such as Schennikov and Mamaev (who cost me £30m and £28m respectively) and as they are title rivals, you will have to pay top dollar.

After a few years the league shouldn't be too much of a problem, your challenge lies in trying to make a profit without the owner (you WILL lose about £6m a season for the first few years) and trying to crack europe. It's really fun I'd recommend it :)

Am starting a save with Spartak Moscow and shall have a thread up within the next week or so. I just wanted to ask a question about the Russian League if thats alright ?

With the League starting in Feb 2011 are all the transfers that would be done if i started up in June/July e.t.c set as future transfers ? i.e Downing at Liverpool, Arteta at Arsenal e.t.c, or would they be at the club already ?

The reason i picked Spartak is because they havent won the League in 10 years plus have some tough teams to contend with, i.e Rubin, Zenit, CSKA Moscow and of course oil rich Anji. Thanks

They would be at their clubs already, although their fixtures would start until August and while you are playing matches there will be no games in the EPL until August.

Thanks :thup: i just dont think i could of got into a save where the transfers hadnt happened, but wasnt sure as ive never been a Russian club before

Just won the league for the second consecutive season in the third season. Didn't lose a league game but got knocked out of the Russian Cup early by Volga NN (My youth XI played) and also got knocked out in the first round after the group stages in the Champions League by Real Madrid 6-4 on aggregate after a 3-3 draw at the Bernabeau.

I was at Anji for 2 and quarter seasons. i won the league 1st year and finished 2nd the next. Never did well in the Russian cup In the champions league i went out to Bayern in the Knockout stage thanks to them signing Yarmolenko who destroyed me. I bought the obligatory Pavlyuchenko and Pogrebnyak - also signed in 1st season Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri, Virgil Van Dijk, El-Hadji Diouf, Roman Shishkin, Dmitry Tarasov, Andrei Buivolov,and second season i signed Alan Dzagoev, Yaya Sanogo, Adam Johnson, Davide Santon.

I sold Dzudsak, Zhirkov (thought he was over 30) and a lot of the deadwood. Mehdi Carcela was loaned out a few times to Stoke and Aston Villa respectively.

I found it quite fun at first but Kerimov did not invest as much as he does on other games ive seen on here. Got the new stadium in progress but Eto'o was in his last year and Roberto Carlos had retired and i could sense it was too much for me to handle.

But alas I went on a run of 5 without a win and crashing out of the CL qualifier to Sporting Lisbon at the beginning of the third season and i resigned after a 4-0 home defeat by CSKA and took over at Santos 2 months later.

Also if you cannot register HG players for CL then you can go on holiday and it automatically sorts it out.

• 1 month later...

Decided to start a game at Anzhi as I wanted to start in a more obscure league with a team which can become dominant. I stupidly didn't check the restrictions beforehand and assumed there was no foreign player rule, so ended up doing a bit too much wheelin' dealin', which has put me in a sticky situation!

Ended up buying:

Ganso - 12m

Christian Eriksen - 5m

Quaresma - 8m

Maniche - Free

Ki Sung Yung - 8m

Rafael Toiloi - 2m

Nedum Onuhoa - 2m

I also loaned out or sold the non foreign players in my 1st team as I thought I brought in better replacement, but now that the registration window is closed, I only just found out so had to promote some average youth players to start! :(

Not doing too badly so far, played 2 league games and won both, one 3-0 and the other 1-0, with Eto'o on fire scoring and assisting in all so far, heres hoping for a good season!

Hi, great thread

Thinking of starting a new save with Anji

My Plan is too sign about 6 good foreign players and then look at the Russian u/21 squad and sign the best from there.

Has anyone tried this?

Or do you think it will be a disaster?

Hi, great thread

Thinking of starting a new save with Anji

My Plan is too sign about 6 goof foreign players and then look at the Russian u/21 squad and sign the best from there.

Has anyone tried this?

Or do you think it will be a disaster?

I tried to do that but the majority weren't good enough. Burlak is a good CB (I use him as back up) and Smolov as a backup striker. Gabulov is a really good attacking CM.

Just retained the League title, finished 13 points clear of CSKA in 2nd, only lost 1 game which ended my 31 game unbeaten league run which was to Volga after being 2-0 up 2 minutes into the game. Leandro Damiao got 34 in 27 in the league, Eto'o didn't do too bad in AMR with 19 in 25. Lost to Bayern in the first knock out round of the Champions League 5-2 on aggregate. Had to sell aload of Russian's who weren't playing in January, brought in Stegen in goal though for 6M.

Hi Anzhi managers,

Couple questions, trying to find out whether or not to pick anzhi or someone else for a russian save.

Whats the transfer budget like for a title challenge? And is it in 'sugar daddy' mode - keeps getting topped up like a man city save might?

The wage budget - how is that looking? Ive seen in other saves Etoo for example is on 180k a week

Attendances any good? What are we looking at, 25k or so?

and finally, do players actually want to come? even for huge wages?

Thanks a lot

The wage budget and transfer budget are way more than you need (£30m transfer budget and a stupidly high wage budget). Attendances for me average at 15200 which is full capacity, although there are plans to build a new stadium. Your chairman does keep pumping money in so don't worry about that even though you WILL love £5m a month on average.

The league is a decent challenge for a few years but Europe is the real challenge, while CSKA seem to have all the good young Russians and buying them proves interesting. I've paid £31m for Schennikov, the left back and £26.5m for Mamev, the central midfielder. It's really fun though so i'd recommend it.

#Running away with it. This will make it 3 years in a row and hopefully (if I stay unbeaten) see me have lost just one game in three seasons! (9 losses in my first season, one in my 2nd and then unbeaten since then)

Untitled-637.png

I will also face Manchester City in the Champions League first knock out round so fingers crossed there!

Untitled-1789.png

Now thats what I call cleaning up the awards. (It's technically 10 as Akinfeev has played 25 games for me this season, I think it's because he started the season at CSKA that he doesn't count as an Anji player)

I have just started an Anzhi save, really struggled to sign any quality so brought in Katsaev from terek to help boost my Russian numbers, looks a decent player for 650k. I brought in Bressan for £1.1m and Ninkovic for £2.4m.

Also want Walter montillo who will cost £14.5m but is by far the best player I'll get this summer, I also want Manoel, a CB from brazil but not paying the £13m release clause.

Any tips lads?

An unusual tip but don't worry about finances for the first few years, as losing money is unavoidable. I'd suggest looking towards building a young Russian side (which means looking at CSKA for players, inevitably) to keep it a challenge domestically, whilst Champions League will be your long-term goal. I've reached the quarter finals so far after 5 years, but can't seem to get any further, its a good challenge.

The wage budget and transfer budget are way more than you need (£30m transfer budget and a stupidly high wage budget). .

£ 30 M budget more than you need with Anzhi?

can you explain that to me, please? call me THICK, somehow i don't seem to get it though...

just started my career with Anzhi and still wonder how do you guys manage to spend those excessive sums of money (£ 20-25 M per player) on a regular basis without selling out your best players with the initial budgets given of £ 25-30 M in season 1/2/3.

is there any cheating involved or some kind of negotiation tricks that you use or it's simply that Anzhi chairman keeps on pumping money in (increasing the budget) as soon as you spend it.

another Q: (as someone had previously mentioned it on this forum) - how is that possible one is apparently able to spend approx £ 100 M / PER SEASON with the initial budget of £ 25-30 M, only if transfers are agreed to be paid in monthly instalments rather than a regular fee? Is there any particular mechanism that saves chunks of your budget if transactions are made this way?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on those issues sooner rather than later...

Cheers guys!

If you pay over 48 months, only 25% of the sum comes out of your transfer budget (as theoretically, only 25% of the sum is coming out of your budget for this year [the first 12 months)

At least on the patch I'm on (12.1 iirc) the chairman just keeps injecting cash as a spend it, usually around twice a season at roughly £25m a go.

edit: not that you need money for transfers, in the last 2 years (2013-2015) I have signed the following players on a free:

Tevez

Adebayor

Benzema

Xabi Alonso

Kaka

Not too bad I feel.

If you pay over 48 months, only 25% of the sum comes out of your transfer budget (as theoretically, only 25% of the sum is coming out of your budget for this year [the first 12 months)

At least on the patch I'm on (12.1 iirc) the chairman just keeps injecting cash as a spend it, usually around twice a season at roughly £25m a go.

edit: not that you need money for transfers, in the last 2 years (2013-2015) I have signed the following players on a free:

Tevez

Adebayor

Benzema

Xabi Alonso

Kaka

Not too bad I feel.

Not bad at all, Dob1.

Great explanation by the way - thank you!

Guess I got it now ie. will definitely try to implement it in my game & hope it all works in a long perspective as long as money's pumped in by the Chairman :)

Cheers.

No problem, the only problem I'm having now is making sure I rotate players enough that they don't start getting upset. Not the worst problem to have mind you! I'm in love with my Russian Messi, Ivan Iljin.

Untitled-2388.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a save with these when the game first came out, was with them for about 10 seasons or something like that anyway, longest time I spent at a club, I was starting to get linked to star names like Augero and Wazza within 3 season I think it was, I was mostly just using my youth graduates though! Very enjoyable over in Russia

• 1 month later...

Archived