The 2012 Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strangely enough using CIS instead of Ireland pre-22 did make a difference for me. No apparent reason why, but it did.

Glad to hear it!

The only downside to CIS is it had a previous world ranking but as its only a handfull of news items over a career save its worth the benefits over pre 1922 Ireland that seem to be popping up.

Urgh having a real problem optimising my league, if I set max foreign to 9 no one gets unhappy about not getting lots of first team football but Hull run away with the league. If I set it to 7 its not as fun to manage the squad as there is not enough quality Lincs & Humber players. Set it to 8 and players get unhappy and Hull still dominate.

If I add more teams Hull still dominate, the only option would be a relatively low salary cap... around 30K or 25K per week

This fits the league rep with some expansion... does anyone have any thoughts on that?

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly no news yet, soon we will know if we can play regional databases again.

I thank everyone for being so patient, I know its been a hard year for us as we cannot test, develop or produce fully long term tested and playable databases since December. I know this sub community is still strong and if the Jan Transfers patch due later this month fixes the issue that stops the game then this section shall flourish again.

I urge all those developing databases to do as much as you can, just in case! I hope we can all release fully functioning improved databases within a few weeks of the new patch. We also need to be as active as possible once the fix is confirmed to ensure people are aware of the hard work we do so they can take advantage of our great work.

I think regional databases offer a great challenge to FM users, I personally have been working very hard to make a database that will challenge anyone wanting something new and different.

Again all, fingers crossed and lets hope things can go back to normal in a few weeks, finally I want to thank you all for your hard work so far.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I want to thank you all for the information on this thread! It has helped me decide to give a regional database a whirl! My main question is, to avoid the 6th of March issue, do you think it would be viable to replace Wales with my region? I don't ever play the Welsh leagues and I was thinking that when I take out the English teams for my league, I could replace them with the Welsh ones I displaced. The only real downside I can see is the fact that I would lose the Welsh national team from the game, but I was thinking of merging them with England like the real life cricket team does. Any ideas or advice on this would be great.

First of all I want to thank you all for the information on this thread! It has helped me decide to give a regional database a whirl! My main question is, to avoid the 6th of March issue, do you think it would be viable to replace Wales with my region? I don't ever play the Welsh leagues and I was thinking that when I take out the English teams for my league, I could replace them with the Welsh ones I displaced. The only real downside I can see is the fact that I would lose the Welsh national team from the game, but I was thinking of merging them with England like the real life cricket team does. Any ideas or advice on this would be great.

I think you should look to merge Wales with England. Would you be interested on working with me on this? You can change players, clubs and stadiums nations and stuff and I'll work on the teams, leagues and the nation itself. I was thinking we could do Mercia .

I think you should look to merge Wales with England. Would you be interested on working with me on this? You can change players, clubs and stadiums nations and stuff and I'll work on the teams, leagues and the nation itself. I was thinking we could do Mercia .

I will do my one county area first and see how I get on with that. If it all works out fine, then sure I would be pleased to help!

• 2 weeks later...

So I followed the steps in the first post and created a (rather basic) Texas database. Not a whole lot of actual Texan players in the database so plenty of clubs are just day one regens, but I wanted something to play around with. I changed East Germany into Texas.

Everything works as of the last batch of changes I made, except that now North American World Cup qualifiers seem to have broke in the process. It seems that I threw off the number of teams that need to play. In the Second Phase, the first group stage of the qualifiers, Group 1 gets 5 teams instead of 4. However, it does not play the final game, presumably because there is no time in the schedule to do so. So the qualifiers never end and the North America slots are filled by European teams. Is there any way to fix this? I have not been able to get the advanced rules in the editor to show up, I heard it's related to this most recent patch.

Hey SeedSnatcher,

I don't know if the boffins here in the editors forum found away to reactivate it since the patch, but SI apparently finally blocked access to the advanced editor.

Unfortunately it seems anywhere except Europe has an issue with adding extra nations, which is why I have NSW in Europe instead of Oceania or Asia. You'd have to rebuild the entire continent.

Just an query to everyone else. Has anyone ad a problem when trying to fix up their nation? When ever I try to edit the nation the Editor crashes on me seconds after I do anything. I'm going to have a try and fiddle with it on the laptop editor which hasn't been updated and hopefully that'll help me get it running.

So I followed the steps in the first post and created a (rather basic) Texas database. Not a whole lot of actual Texan players in the database so plenty of clubs are just day one regens, but I wanted something to play around with. I changed East Germany into Texas.

Everything works as of the last batch of changes I made, except that now North American World Cup qualifiers seem to have broke in the process. It seems that I threw off the number of teams that need to play. In the Second Phase, the first group stage of the qualifiers, Group 1 gets 5 teams instead of 4. However, it does not play the final game, presumably because there is no time in the schedule to do so. So the qualifiers never end and the North America slots are filled by European teams. Is there any way to fix this? I have not been able to get the advanced rules in the editor to show up, I heard it's related to this most recent patch.

Pick your least favourite country in NA and move them to Europe...

Anyone else struggling with lots of failed changes suddenly appearing? I have about 40 to deal with when I had only one before (which I could not find but did correct for the last database).

With all the issues I am having I am considering starting from scratch!

I have had new teams appear in Australia which is affected my DB. I've also had new towns that appear that I put in manually so I have a couple duplicates also.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing though.

It might be the best way to go, I am currently tied up for a few weeks with another project. I think I might get my database done by the end of the season :D

It all helps towards doing one next year, this year we lost almost 4 months to a bug in the game which IMO is really saddening.

I've just made a quick list of the Heptarchy (the kingdoms that existed before England was a united country) detailing which counties were once part of them, just in case anyone was anyone was thinking of creating them.

EAST ANGLIA

(Cambridgeshire)

(Essex)

Norfolk

Suffolk

ESSEX

Essex

(Kent)

KENT

Kent

MERCIA

(Buckinghamshire)

(Cambridgeshire)

Derbyshire

(Gloucestershire)

(Greater Manchester)

Herefordshire

(Hertfordshire)

(Lancashire)

Leicestershire

Lincolnshire

(Merseyside)

Northamptonshire

Nottinghamshire

Rutland

Shropshire

Staffordshire

Warwickshire

West Midlands

Worcestershire

NORTHUMBRIA

Cheshire

County Durham

(Cumbria)

East Riding of Yorkshire

Greater Manchester

Lancashire

(Lincolnshire)

Merseyside

North Yorkshire

Northumberland

South Yorkshire

Teesside

Tyne and Wear

West Yorkshire

(East Lothian)

(Edinburgh)

(Midlothian)

(Scottish Borders)

(West Lothian)

SUSSEX

East Sussex

West Sussex

WESSEX

Berkshire

Devon

Dorset

(Gloucestershire)

Hampshire

(Oxfordshire)

Somerset

Wiltshire

Those counties in brackets and italics are those that were either part of that kingdom for a short time or were associated with them, so they can be used if you wish.

I'm also working on a spreadsheet listing all teams from level 1-10 with their town, county, and league, so it'll be a little easier to find teams from whatever county you need.

Good work SN! I firmly believe this community is strong and people will always do projects like ours. Sadly we are having a bad year, I am struggling with my database and not making much progress. Jol is having a mare of a time and probably going to start from scratch.

The one thing I can say to keep everyones spirits up is that we are all working hard and having fun, if things don't pan out this year then all it means is next year we will have some fantastic databases made very quickly and released not long after the game.

We saw that this year but they only worked for a few short weeks before a patch. Over 4 months, 1/3 of the year our databases have not worked and now a lot of us are back to square one. Think about that and then think that we are still here, people still want our databases to play for themselves! This can only prove we are a strong and popular sub-community here with valued creations!

Just thought we all needed a little pep talk :D

I think I'm going to go back to the drawing board in my development, start planning now for next years game.

Last year I had 160 teams split into 4 regional groups of 40, then split further into 8 groups of 5 (then knock out rounds). This year I got a little more creative with my regions and split them a little further creating 10 regions but I was unable to divide them in some sort of evenness that wouldn't overwhealm some teams straight off the bat at the start of the season.

• 2 months later...
Took me ages to type out! There may be a few inaccuracies in regards to towns (especially London), but I'm going to go through it all again to hopefully correct it all.

Very good and useful too! Now things are all working well with the database hopefully the old guys are coming back or new friends are trying out regional databases.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a Berwick League using the old MLS format(which is helpfully programmed and usable in the advanced editor, unfortunately it will only work if you have exactly twelve teams) with three groups. Berwick Conference(guess...), Tweedmouth Conference(guess) and Exterior Conference(Screm etc) with a mix of real and fake teams, none of which are in the game, as I left Rangers in SD3.

Taken me a while to realise which format the game used to make the fixtures, but after some looking at fixture lists, it appears that you play teams in your Conference four times(12 matches), 1 team from the other 2 Conferences four times(8 matches) and everyone else twice(12 matches) for a total of 32 matches. After that the top team from each group would go to the semi-final, with the two second placed teams with the most points playing the semi final. These matches would be played the week after league games finished on Saturdays, with replays on Tuesdays if required.

I made the venues(Bonarsteads, Billendean Road etc) and everything, with the final being played at Shielfield Park.

Maybe I should make an example version and upload it, though I'm lazy like that.

I made a Berwick League using the old MLS format(which is helpfully programmed and usable in the advanced editor, unfortunately it will only work if you have exactly twelve teams) with three groups. Berwick Conference(guess...), Tweedmouth Conference(guess) and Exterior Conference(Screm etc) with a mix of real and fake teams, none of which are in the game, as I left Rangers in SD3.

Taken me a while to realise which format the game used to make the fixtures, but after some looking at fixture lists, it appears that you play teams in your Conference four times(12 matches), 1 team from the other 2 Conferences four times(8 matches) and everyone else twice(12 matches) for a total of 32 matches. After that the top team from each group would go to the semi-final, with the two second placed teams with the most points playing the semi final. These matches would be played the week after league games finished on Saturdays, with replays on Tuesdays if required.

I made the venues(Bonarsteads, Billendean Road etc) and everything, with the final being played at Shielfield Park.

Maybe I should make an example version and upload it, though I'm lazy like that.

I am sure someone will find it interesting! Welcome to the section :)

I only did it to test how custom countries and some features of the advanced editor work. After doing it and several other things using these teams, I can pretty confidently say that I can do almost any system I want using the advanced editor. Sadly, some of them would take a long time to make, and require hard-coded fixtures(though the teams can be randomised, but that would lose any regionality given to sub-divisions or groups) but it's still cool to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to have 4 county teams under one nation was going to do the North East League with Cumbria, Northumberland, Durham and North Yorkshire ??

• 3 weeks later...

I have done a bare bones cornish nation for lazyfig, is thereanyone who could help him improve it? My knowlege is almost zero for the region so I've done about all I can! The hope was to do a duel devon/cornish setup with each an individual playable nation. Failing that cornwall with a cross boarder cup would be great.

I have just the basic nation and league structure unoptimised done so far with a playable national team.

I'm not entirely sure how that would work - two countries, one league. I can only imagine all the teams and competitions would come under one country.

I meant as two separate files, wrote that on my phone so didnt make sense for some reason.

I've added a few more teams, town, stadiums to the Cornish file nine-iron has sent me. It is hard to find anything more than very basic info about most clubs. There are 52 clubs inthe Cornish FA so my plan is to add them all.

I ran a few tests and watched the Cornish national team get thumped 7-0 by Wales and 2-0 by the mighty Andorra.

I've added a few more teams, town, stadiums to the Cornish file nine-iron has sent me. It is hard to find anything more than very basic info about most clubs. There are 52 clubs inthe Cornish FA so my plan is to add them all.

I ran a few tests and watched the Cornish national team get thumped 7-0 by Wales and 2-0 by the mighty Andorra.

Would you be able to upload the Cornish database for me?

Yeh I would also like a go LazyFig, see what you are doing with it.

I am currently deep in a Grimsby save on my Lincs database, battling for 1st in the league against Hull at the moment, real good tussle going on!

Check this out!

3CFDB5026D8FBA08CF85D164D4D5E410BA7543D5

Looks like Lincoln are involved as well...

Yeh, its not easy, just lost to Scunny in the dying seconds and now level on points at the top as we head into the second half of the season.

I am also going well in the Humber cup but only just, the squad rules make it quite a tactical challenge! (and I know the players of the nation back to front!)

I expect to be in a 3 way battle for 2nd come the end of the season, Grimsby, Scunny and Lincoln. I have beaten Lincoln twice and Scunny once so far so bodes well for me taking the spot I am aiming for. Hull are not unbeatable but tend to grind out a draw when not playing well. If I can beat Hull once in the next 2 times I play them and draw the other I have a shot at winning the league.

Thats the good thing about this database, each game has masses riding on it, but one slip up doesnt mean the end of a season however.

EDIT: Phew Stamford just gave me a scare despite my team playing very well. Gosh I love playing this database, its one of the things that drives me to make it every year. (came back from 2-0 down to win 2-4 in the last 20 mins of the game)

I bet plenty of other custom database give people the same thrills, they open up then opportunity to give people the chance to play something different and for the editor to mould the league into a challenge.

I've updated the spreadsheet I created a few months ago to reflect this seasons changes. Click here to download. It simply lists team, level, league, town and county. I didn't go in to much detail in regards to towns for the London clubs, just simply listed them as from Greater London. Hopefully everything is correct...

I've updated the spreadsheet I created a few months ago to reflect this seasons changes. Click here to download. It simply lists team, level, league, town and county. I didn't go in to much detail in regards to towns for the London clubs, just simply listed them as from Greater London. Hopefully everything is correct...

Been invaluable in a few projects for me, including the counties database for SuperDan! where it was useful for finding cities in each counties with players born there. As only a few large towns do not have clubs there its easy to spot them at the end.

Thanks so much Mr Nugget!

Yeh, its not easy, just lost to Scunny in the dying seconds and now level on points at the top as we head into the second half of the season.

I am also going well in the Humber cup but only just, the squad rules make it quite a tactical challenge! (and I know the players of the nation back to front!)

I expect to be in a 3 way battle for 2nd come the end of the season, Grimsby, Scunny and Lincoln. I have beaten Lincoln twice and Scunny once so far so bodes well for me taking the spot I am aiming for. Hull are not unbeatable but tend to grind out a draw when not playing well. If I can beat Hull once in the next 2 times I play them and draw the other I have a shot at winning the league.

Thats the good thing about this database, each game has masses riding on it, but one slip up doesnt mean the end of a season however.

EDIT: Phew Stamford just gave me a scare despite my team playing very well. Gosh I love playing this database, its one of the things that drives me to make it every year. (came back from 2-0 down to win 2-4 in the last 20 mins of the game)

I bet plenty of other custom database give people the same thrills, they open up then opportunity to give people the chance to play something different and for the editor to mould the league into a challenge.

My favourite was the East German league which I made for FM11. Great fun trying to be competitive in Europe whilst only being allowed players from other former communist countries...

Yup Hull have just shown me that I am a crap manager and poor at general squad management. I got knocked out the Humber Cup because of my ineptness so hopefully I can keep my job after 3 weeks of lame decisions and missing out on 2 key transfers!

Next season I WILL do better!

Been invaluable in a few projects for me, including the counties database for SuperDan! where it was useful for finding cities in each counties with players born there. As only a few large towns do not have clubs there its easy to spot them at the end.

Thanks so much Mr Nugget!

No worries. I've just updated the London teams, listing which borough they're in rather than town.

No worries. I've just updated the London teams, listing which borough they're in rather than town.

Should really help with that, we are struggling with London ATM. I am sure that will be essential! Please do pop it in the thread to help us/him/them out.

Cornish progress is slow... in my db, I mean!

I had a few issues with added teams doing strange things with kits - I have fixed this now, but I have about 30 more clubs to add and pace is slow due to lack of info.

I plan on releasing a version in tthe next week or so.

The vagaries of the Scottish league system mean that my club database is a bit different to the original off of which it is based. I should be able to upload it today or tomorrow depending on how fast I can type. :)

The format is the same as the ShanghaiNugget one with a few tiny changes:

- Instead of counties I've done it according to the Council Area in which teams sit, because they have effectively superceded the county system.

- The spreadsheet is split into 3 sheets, the first one deals with the 42 SFL and SPL clubs, the second those in the Junior league system, and the third all of the other non-leagues such as the Highland League.

Archived