The 2012 Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fixed up my regional leagues. All of them play now, so hopefully It'll continue to play each year.

My Multi-national cities are working great.

Still need to add club finances, rivalries, derbies, maybe some 'alliances' and awards. It is ready for bata though if anyone is interested.

no it isn't, yours is just a normal national db, ours are a specific area within a nation.

I understand.

The problem is that we've created a couple of questions on other topics there, but it seems that no one pays attention.

So I posted my problem here.

Thank you to everyone who helped me.

The problem is that we've created a couple of questions on other topics there, but it seems that no one pays attention.

So I posted my problem here.

Thank you to everyone who helped me.

We are an active sub community who are very friendly and happy to help, going off topic once is OK but you were beginning to dominate our thread a little, this is detrimental to anyone reading through trying to learn things.

I am very glad we helped, I would suggest directing people to threads rather than repeating yourself, preferably by PM if you think someone has the skill set to help. You must understand we are busy investigating, beta testing ours and other peoples regional databases, researching and contributing here too, we do not have a lot of spare time to veer off topic and fix general database questions.

I do hope you stick around and sample some of the completed databases, I think you will enjoy them!

I wish Steam would hurry up and update FM on my Mac Mini so I can test on the faster machine. >_<

I still havent re-overclocked my i7 920 since I replaced my thermal compound, I know there is 3.4Ghz in it at least but I just cant be bothered! TBH how much of a difference it will make I dont know.

Im doing a test over today while I am at work, I wonder how far it will get with just the nation loaded. In about 3 hours last night I did 2 seasons with all of england and all of my nation loaded, I hope thats good!

I dont know if anyone else has come across it but what do you do for players that have already played for another nation internationally?

I set their second nation to my country unless they have already deferred to another nation (eg England to Scotland)

My real question is what would you do about players who have already retired from international football, do you think they would want to come out of it to play for the new nation? Would you remove the retirement? A good example is Paul Robinson for my nation, still young enough to play but retired from England duty and is now eligible for my nation!

I would, Especially if I was pretty certain of being one of the first people named in a squad.

I'm a little disappointed in my international squad ATM. While It's still basically the same guys from 2 season ago when I first did this. I at least had some time to develop the next generation before they retired.

Well I did a few season holiday test and the yorkshire nation was 20th in the world but none of teams get passed the ecc qual rounds

Can you pop some images in your thread? I am going to do the same for my 8 hour test tonight (assuming it did not crash)

How long does it take for you to holiday a few seasons? I can do about 2 seasons in 2 hours with all my leagues and all england loaded. I have a pretty decent rig, i7 920 6gigs 1300mhz ram and two SSDs. Planning to re-overclock still but not got round to it (thermal compound got old and crappy, changed it knocked 10-15C off idle!)

Can you pop some images in your thread? I am going to do the same for my 8 hour test tonight (assuming it did not crash)

How long does it take for you to holiday a few seasons? I can do about 2 seasons in 2 hours with all my leagues and all england loaded. I have a pretty decent rig, i7 920 6gigs 1300mhz ram and two SSDs. Planning to re-overclock still but not got round to it (thermal compound got old and crappy, changed it knocked 10-15C off idle!)

I have an appaling rig 1gb ram 2.3ghz celron win xp, but I do run large db and it takes about a hour a season, so all in all lazarus still runs sweet

Whats wrong with my rig then? LOL maybe I have more detail loaded, I have something like 33k (IIRC) players loaded for a 1 season = 1 hour.

Nottingham, the link to how to do that is in the guide in post 3, good luck friend!

Scrap that, I won't be editing it. That thing is all mumbo jumbo to me and I can't for the life of me work out how to delete it.

It is very simple, change "false" to "true" in a text file.

Make sure you open it with notepad and use ctrl-f to search for the "continent" section, then make the change.

If it is possible to replace your file with mine i can send the changed file, or wil that break some EULA or something?

Dont give up just yet, there is so much fun to be had, if not maybe I could edit the nation and then send you a database with just that one change done? I will investigate when I get home from work!

I've opened it up, but most have the line you're supposed to delete, so which one is it? Also mine is completely different to what the help thread is.

Sounds like you have not opended it up with notepad, also you do not delete anything, just change false to true (or true to false, cant remember)

I opened it up with notepad but there are four of them lines that you have to change. They're all true at the moment so do I have to change them to false?

You only need to change one line, just the one shown in the guide. As you are having a lot of trouble I will make a database with CIS changed to Europe for you so you can edit your nation from there, after that one change you do not need to worry about editing the file in notepad

Ok, cool .

PM sent mate, click on "slow download" enter the two words and it will start. Good luck! My advice would be to make the nation, move all the cities over, move all the people over then make a small league of 8 teams and see if it works, then go from there

Attention All!

I have updated the guide in post 3 to help new users, I realised it was not that clear and the order was a bit backwards. I have known it needed doing for a while but I only just got round to it today, apologies all!

Anyone know any kit makers on the forums? Also is anyone planning on doing a West Midlands one? If so, they may get a PM from me.

I would not worry about kits just yet, get the database working then think of those things towards the end.

Whats wrong with my rig then? LOL maybe I have more detail loaded, I have something like 33k (IIRC) players loaded for a 1 season = 1 hour.

Nottingham, the link to how to do that is in the guide in post 3, good luck friend!

well I'm saving up for a new rig, all my family are giving me christmas is money so fingers crossed by march I should have something a lot better :)

Ive got a laptop, 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, ran a season in just under half an hour

Thats pretty quick, either ive got more detail running or there is an issue with my rig! would you mind running the benchmarking tool I linked too in post 2 so we can compare... I might need a new hard disk as I think I know what could be wrong!

I tried a new approach. Made the first ones from scratch for the premier league, copied the settings manually from the english awards. I then duplicated for the lower leagues in my structure changing jus the league and the name.

Worked perfectly fine and stable for 5 seasons!

With my Lincs and Humber database now released my mind is turning to future projects, I am thinking of making a Lincolnshire only nation to be playable alongside Dragonheats Yorkshire nation, this I think would be a fantastic project.

I have always made Lincolnshire and Humberside as one nation to increase the amount of people who might download it and to increase the number of teams (back when it was hard to make a big league structure and I needed a competative league system.

Are you interested in this Dragonheat?

Important Update

A new nation added, Hampshire!

We are up to two released and four in progress, this is fantastic for just a month after release!

Well done everyone for their hard work so far, good luck for those who are still working on their project, they are eagerly awaited for sure!

With my Lincs and Humber database now released my mind is turning to future projects, I am thinking of making a Lincolnshire only nation to be playable alongside Dragonheats Yorkshire nation, this I think would be a fantastic project.

I have always made Lincolnshire and Humberside as one nation to increase the amount of people who might download it and to increase the number of teams (back when it was hard to make a big league structure and I needed a competative league system.

Are you interested in this Dragonheat?

yeah that'll cool I used cis nation so you'll have to find another defunct nation to use. you create the the working db and I'll add the media if that's okay. Shame we can't add regions to the db that would help. Ooooooh idea Idk if it can be done but the winners of the both leagues play each other in.a supercup type match, might be able to change the uefa supercup to to yorkshire/lincolnshire, I'll have a look 2moz

Another important update!!

Added a new guide in post 3 to show people how to test a database

Moved the how to make a regional database guide to post 2

Comments and improvements welcome from experienced testers please!

Atfer much recent discussion in other threads I have added a part to the guide in post 2 on "how to create a regional database" that describes the coefficients that work.

As with all the guides they are a work in progress as the community and I learn more, I do hope they are useful :)

I have computing power again! And with significant speed increases! WOOO!!!

Now who was I going to beta for? I have got the Yorkshire database, if anyone else has one please PM me so I can get cracking!

EDIT: Amazing, just tested 3 seasons of a database in under 20 minutes, the speed of my rig now is mindboggling!

I think you were going to do a beta test for me also, but I'm in the middle of a second version where regional leagues are now a u23's\reserves competition.

I've also run into a slight problem with my original DB after adding a new division in that I no longer receive an end of season summary . The game continues playing, and I'm still getting new seasons but there's no summary :\

Ugh, Changing Reserve team attendances is getting rather tedious, although if I don't the reserves will have greater attendances than most first teams and require the building of a new stadium that sends smaller teams into administration

I think you were going to do a beta test for me also, but I'm in the middle of a second version where regional leagues are now a u23's\reserves competition.

I've also run into a slight problem with my original DB after adding a new division in that I no longer receive an end of season summary . The game continues playing, and I'm still getting new seasons but there's no summary :\

pop over a version when you are ready and I will test. I can only apologise for my failings and blame it on insufficient time due to wife and work commitments!

I would also like to see some teams in unplayable leagues to give a feeling of depth, my database again is another example where I have three unplayable leagues to give depth and contribute to 4 rounds of FA cup qualifying and participate in other cups. The reason they should be inactive is to save you having to balance financial and other factors for mostly amateur leagues.

I'm thinking about doing this for the lowest division also and giving them all the same Reputation so random teams come up instead of always the 'best teams'

Archived