The 2012 Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hello guys,

I have problem in the rules of the Brazilian divisions.

Can anyone help me please?

follows the image of the error:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Df95mDwpvAk/TsGYq4DWHWI/AAAAAAAAAgY/dbipVymcttA/s912/editor%2525202011-11-14%25252020-38-06-48.jpg

Remove the Automatic playoff spots. You'll have to create a play-off in the playoff tab where 4 teams get promoted frrom that.

Guide to making a "Regional" Database7- Add people by identifying all towns in the database that fall in the boundary of your nation, change all those cities to your nationality (use the mass edit function to help). Then repeat for people, a handy hint is to set anyone who has already played for another nation to have your nation as a second nationality. Do this also for people who have already switched nations once before.

With the creation of a new nation, FIFA does allow players who have previously played for one nation but were born in the area, or had at least one grandparent born in the area to play for the new nation as long as they haven't played for another nation since its creation.

For example, Nick Barmby would be free to play for Lincs and Humber being born in Hull should he want to, even though he has represented England.

Dragonheat, you can either do the cities and people first or the nation and clubs later it does not matter.

Jolanthustrel, I did not know that! I will amend accordingly, I'm not a football fan so I often miss things like that

It wouldn't happen too often. I was looking at Serbia and Montenegro and had to go through quite a few player profiles before I found one who played for both Serbia&Montenegro and then Montenegro, thats how I found out about it.

}{{{{{{:>

100 cities, 200 Stadiums and now the fun part, making the 100 odd clubs to complete this monstrosity. I really wish there was a randomise button in the kit creation.

So a quick update on mine

My nation includes Surrey, Middlesex and berks and bucks and ive called it West Outer London.

So i have created all competitions, changed birth nations of players eligable to play and sorted the nation rules. I dont think ive missed anything else to do!

Structure is like this

Super League - 10 Teams

First Division - 12 teams

Second Division - 14 teams

Thierd Division - 16 teams

Development League - 20 Teams

Inactive Division - 3 teams

FA Cup - All team

League Cup - Super to third

Super cup

Higher Cup - Group then knockout for Super to Second

Lower Cup - Group then knockout Third to Development

I am aiming to create a youth and reserve structure too.

Next to sort is nation rules :)

just a quick question, what are you guys setting prize money at?
well I'm gonna set my yorkshire nation the same prize money as spl, my logic is that I see yorkshire just as strong as scotland. I'm wondering if I change the cities to yorkshire will it change the nation of players born there or will I have to change it myself

When I did mine this morning I changed the nation of cities that fall within the area, then searched for players born in those cities and mass edited their nationality. I did a quick test run and had the likes of Jamie ashdownie shown in goal and hayden mullins, those are the best in my team and lost. to Andorra in their first game.

well I'm gonna set my yorkshire nation the same prize money as spl, my logic is that I see yorkshire just as strong as scotland. I'm wondering if I change the cities to yorkshire will it change the nation of players born there or will I have to change it myself

Unfortunately, You'll have to change them yourself.

Apologies for not being around to "moderate" still on my phone until tonight, also back to editing Woo! So yes can we please keep things and questions to the subject of regional databases as defined in the first post

I am please to announce two new WIP threads have been added to the list in the first post, I am really excited about the two prospects.

Any news on how Towardinho is getting on or how Terry Austn is doing with his one? If you guys could create WIP threads for more detailed input I will link to them from here. I feel that is the best way to organise things as database specific thingss go one place and more general questions go here.

How do you create an award I can't find it in the editor

There is an awards tab in the database section

Awards are a tricky area, I tried duplicating the English ones and changing the relevant details but when I duplicated them again for the 2nd division it crashed my database. Do you guys recommend duplication or manual creation? I am probably going to duplicate from the English ones each time for each league next time and see if that avoids the dreaded end of season/new season crash!

hello Jolanthustrel, you can try to solve this conflict for me, please?

http://www.4shared.com/file/pHqtftbJ/Teste.html

Hi Rick,

Can you please keep your comments and questions to the subject of regional databases, I understand your project is not. Please feel free to start your own thread on this matter, I am sure there are many capable others than poor old Jol who you have been over working.

Thanks

Hi Rick,

Can you please keep your comments and questions to the subject of regional databases, I understand your project is not. Please feel free to start your own thread on this matter, I am sure there are many capable others than poor old Jol who you have been over working.

Thanks

Exactly my point a couple of days ago

With the creation of a new nation, FIFA does allow players who have previously played for one nation but were born in the area, or had at least one grandparent born in the area to play for the new nation as long as they haven't played for another nation since its creation.

For example, Nick Barmby would be free to play for Lincs and Humber being born in Hull should he want to, even though he has represented England.

This has got me thinking! Paul Robinson is eligible for Lincs and Humber correct? :D :D :D

EDIT: Damn, retired from internationals!

One thing I will not do is uncheck those declared for nations other than england, they have made the choice to move once and they are going to have to stick with it! So no Lee Frecklington or John Oster and alike.

Hi Rick,

Thanks

my project is not considered regional data base?

Regional databases take things such as provinces, counties or small groups of those and make nations with them. Usually they are a small area within a nation or sometimes an area that crosses a national boarder but is only again an amalgamation of two small areas within the larger nations.

Examples are seen above at the top of this thread. We face challenges different to nation databases, historical or fantasy databases so we have a thread to help each other out. The main forum itself caters for more general questions so while we have helped it you will probably get a much better response posting where users creating similar databases will be able to help. Only those following regional databases will read this section frequently

Back on the topic of coefficients...

I have been playing around and setting them all to 0.17 has resulted in 1 Champs Q1 and 1 Euro Q2

I tried .15 and got negative values, I tried 0.2 and got the same as 0.17, with all at 0.00 I got just one Euro Q2 place.

My conclusion are:

- That you cannot use coefficients to get one of two teams into Euro Q1, it has to be a third team meaning you need higher coefficients.

- That some values or a mixture of 0.00 values and some values cause an error, maybe there are coefficients that are not possible with the calculation system or the values are reserved.

- Use 0.17 or 0.20 for all and you should have no problems, two teams qualifying and hopefully happy end users :D

I'm almost ready for testing, just have to work out a small issue with setting group stages in my regional leagues as not to overwhelm the teams playing in them with massive fixture congestion. once that's done I should be ready for Beta testing if anyone is interested.

I'm almost ready for testing, just have to work out a small issue with setting group stages in my regional leagues as not to overwhelm the teams playing in them with massive fixture congestion. once that's done I should be ready for Beta testing if anyone is interested.
I think a 14-16 team league is a good size, if you read the papers the head of barca is wanting a 16 team epl iirc

I think a 14-16 team league is a good size, if you read the papers the head of barca is wanting a 16 team epl iirc

It really does depend on how much difference there is between teams, I prefer an 8-12 team league for lincolnshire and humberside, I am using 8 this year at the moment, tempted to expand to 10 depending on feedback. I feel it tightens up the league and I get less 7+ goal games.

To get variation in teams I have a group stage cup taking teams from many levels, this cup is for nationals only and generally throws up interesting winners! My top teams are currently playing between 38 and 46 games per season which seems pretty decent.

Still I am tempted to expand to 10, I think I have to play it first so I am going to wait for that feedback and my own personal opinion after playing a few seasons between now and xmas

I'm at work at the moment, so can't see it for myself yet. I have noticed that 2-3 seasons in, the first round of the Champions league consists 6 teams instead of 4 like normal. By that point the co-efficients have sorted themselves out and ther are no longer any negatives.

Are you noticing when you have your coefficient at .17 and higher that it's San Marino with the negatives?

Note to self. Don't check game first thing when you wake up. You'll be wondering why a Bosnian in Algeria is one of your nations top players not realising it's the list of insecure managers.

With coefficients at 0.17 my nation sits lower that San Marino and they have acceptable placings. It is working very well on my machine after two seasons, I am doing a 9 hour test run tomorrow with england loaded in too while I am at work... Should have done some overclocking.. lol

Dragon, they are playing each other 4 times, it does get a little repetative but the cup structure is breaking that up quite nicely at the moment!

Currently I have...

NSW Prem 14

NSW Super 16

NSW Div 1 16

NSW Div 2 A\B 18

NSW Div 3 A-D 18

Regional divisions are

Sydney 28

Hunter 28

North Coast 17

New England 13

Illawarra 8

South Coast 12

Southern Tablelands 17

Central West 11

Far West 8

Riverina 13

As you see my regional leagues aren't even in numbers. I'm not going to bother about 4 even divisions of 40 teams split into groups of 10 like previous years.

At the moment a Sydney team without the Sydney regional division set to group stages would play 53 games before adding knock out cups and Europe.

A team from Illawarra on the other hand would play as little as 33 before knock out comps and Europe.

20 game difference could be the difference between end of season glory and falling due to fatigue. I need to fix that discepancy.

Archived