Updated 442 for FM12.2.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?vrgzskgomnd5639

englishpremierdivisionog.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For this 442 108pt Triple Tactic, patch 12.2.2, do you change anything when:

1. getting outplayed

2. playing a big away game

3. need a goal

I don't like the idea of just using a tactic and not having a plan b or c. If you can't have an impact (other than substitutions) then what's the point in playing the game?

I don't like the idea of just using a tactic and not having a plan b or c. If you can't have an impact (other than substitutions) then what's the point in playing the game?

The beauty of this game is that people get enjoyment out of it in many different ways.

The beauty of this game is that people get enjoyment out of it in many different ways.

Really no need to jump on that quote. I did have some valid questions:

For the 442 108pt Triple Tactic, patch 12.2.2, do you change anything when:

1. getting outplayed

2. playing a big away game

3. need a goal

• 2 weeks later...

About to start a LLM management save, just holidayed for a year and created a new manager and picked FC United, Media Prediction 20th.

What would be best to use? The latest 108pts Home tactic, and the 108pts away as the away one? Or the 451quad as the away one?

• 4 weeks later...

Holidays and Civ V. Just playing a few games atm and winning Euro 2012 with England using 108PTS.

As just messing about I am tactic testing with the Euro 2012 squad. If anyone has a tactic to test then happy to play a few games with that tactic, and let you know results.

Also won Euro using a 442 based on the Grid system tactic.

I do use options but tend to set them up during game. There is usually a SUS option but in general not really any need.

I did find unticking CA a good tactic perhaps for a less able team.

I used 108pts without CA. Best try with and without and judge by results.

This is grid system tactic changed to a 442

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j4ssw5agac1k8g

Thanks mate. I've tried it with, didn't seem to work at all, very inconsistent, will try without.

All the other tactics that i've tried that other people have had success with has failed immensely as well. Are there any common pitfalls that i need to avoid? (aside from not waiting for the tactic to be fluid?)

Also, if the tactic is fluid do i still need to test it over multiple games? If so, how many? Thanks.

Love your tactics Knap, been using them for quite some time. I've run into a serious issue with your April 12.2.2 tactic pretty consistently so far. The defensive performance is consistently poor. I've tried it in the LLM, with City/Barca etc... and midtable clubs. It consistently lets in far too many goals, regardless of players available. Also had a tendency to do poorly on the road or against underdog opposition.

Once again I'm a big supporter of your tactics, but this latest one has been the least consistent one I've used to date in over 3 years using your tactics.

Minor tweaks to grid to run a MC season. All Euro games are played using continue, only subs if an injury, and no friendlies (pure plug and play).

Mr Knap, Mr Knap, Mr Knap...the 41113 grid tactic is absolutely fantastic from defensive to attack...

20 league games in and this is the table with Man United so far...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/englishpremierdivisionoi.png/

I jump from club to club every season so i've not built this team from scratch i've inherited it so to speak...and when I did United finish 8th in the previous season.

The Striker is the main source of goals without any question...Alberto Paloschi (not rooney)...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/albertopaloschioverview.png/

My question to you Mr Knap would be could you make a "stand off" version to the tactic? As I very much see this as the "press" tactic. It would help against playing big teams away.

Any how well done this is certainly up there with the best tactics of FM12!!!

I'm running out of superlatives for this tactic now Knap...

I've been playing FM for many many many years going back to the Champ man era and i've never had a striker do this in a competitive game...(Letting alone a non-worldclass striker...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/manutdvwigansplitview.png/

Thats 9 GOALS IN ONE GAME!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/albertopaloschioverviewy.png/

Yes thats Alberto Paloschi scoring 52 goals in 19 club matches...

I'm speechless :-o !!!!!

Just as I was writing the above blog Hernandez just got 7 GOALS IN ONE GAME...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/manutdvspartakmoscowspl.png/

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

Going to try it now with my beloved united!

This look almost exactly how united played in 2008 during our treble winning season. Except from one outer striker was an inside forward in the AML slot and the other outer striker was a wide midfielder in the MR slot.

Nonetheless its the closest ive seen to it for a long time on fm!

Being a fellow red I know exactly where ur coming from!!! What I'd give to have ronaldo,tevez & Rooney all in the same side again...memories!!!

Jimmyrh94...this tactic is better than any that I've tried on patch 12.2.2! I'v seen ur screenshot from ur test with mr hough's tactic & the goal scoring stats are phenomenal!

I just find Knap's adaptation of the grid tactic to be better than the original itself!

I'm no tactician but I'm gonna try & make a stand off version of Knap's 41113 tactic!

Good luck brother!!!

Being a fellow red I know exactly where ur coming from!!! What I'd give to have ronaldo,tevez & Rooney all in the same side again...memories!!!

Jimmyrh94...this tactic is better than any that I've tried on patch 12.2.2! I'v seen ur screenshot from ur test with mr hough's tactic & the goal scoring stats are phenomenal!

I just find Knap's adaptation of the grid tactic to be better than the original itself!

I'm no tactician but I'm gonna try & make a stand off version of Knap's 41113 tactic!

Good luck brother!!!

Haha glad i found another united fan, hello there fellow red:lol:

That team was by far the best in the world at the time, and undoubtedly ronaldo was the best player bar none- i still believe he is but ah well!

Going to try the 41113 in a test save first with united using the default team

Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick

Scholes

Rooney

Nani Hernandez Young

Thats seems balanced enough?

It looks good on paper just not 100% sure that nani & young would work in them pisitions! I'm not at all saying they won't it just i'v only used strikers in them positions! They do play like wingers though so u should get a fair amount of assists from them!

Saying that ur main source for goals is without any shadow of any doubt is ur central striker!

Archived