Knap FM12 Tactics

I would have to look at season but not playing FM atm. I usually add a good cup season as a quad in tactic name, but cups depend on luck more than a league.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey jimmy...saw u ask for me in marcelo's thread!

Well I'm still on the grid tactic but i'm currently testing Knap's 442 v2 grid adaptation with a Liverpool side I took over last season where they were 15th!i use FUSS's 442 which got me to 4th so I qualified for the champions league! But I felt that it was alittle unstable...so i tried Knap's latest 442...

Anyway this is a very good 442 let alone a good adaptation of the grid tactic!

It's very stable (so far...) only played about 10 games with it & I haven't lost yet...

But i'v beat Chelsea 6-0 at home, Valencia 4-1 away to qualify for the champions league,drew against city away,drea against Bayern away,beat AC Milan at home & I'd like to think that it's not with the greatest squad!

The football it plays is very attractive too & that's not something that's really interested me in the past but it caught my eye this time!

I'm in work at the minute so I'll post some screens later mate...i feel dirty being Liverpool,hahaha...

Hey jimmy...saw u ask for me in marcelo's thread!

Well I'm still on the grid tactic but i'm currently testing Knap's 442 v2 grid adaptation with a Liverpool side I took over last season where they were 15th!i use FUSS's 442 which got me to 4th so I qualified for the champions league! But I felt that it was alittle unstable...so i tried Knap's latest 442...

Anyway this is a very good 442 let alone a good adaptation of the grid tactic!

It's very stable (so far...) only played about 10 games with it & I haven't lost yet...

But i'v beat Chelsea 6-0 at home, Valencia 4-1 away to qualify for the champions league,drew against city away,drea against Bayern away,beat AC Milan at home & I'd like to think that it's not with the greatest squad!

The football it plays is very attractive too & that's not something that's really interested me in the past but it caught my eye this time!

I'm in work at the minute so I'll post some screens later mate...i feel dirty being Liverpool,hahaha...

Hahah you really do get around tactics quite quickly Ruud!

So it's Knaps 442 Grid System v2 you are using right?

Yeah mate...the one right at the top of the page!

I always like to get my daily fix ;) !i'm just addicted like many others!

I'll tell u one conclusion I've come to...regardless of which tactic I use from hough to Marcelo from

Knap to fuss I can never get my team to replicate their home form in away matches! It's not a massive issue coz their are some cracking tactics out there I think it's something we have to live with!

Anyway I love a good 442...roll on my next match...roll on finish time!!

Yeah mate...the one right at the top of the page!

I always like to get my daily fix ;) !i'm just addicted like many others!

I'll tell u one conclusion I've come to...regardless of which tactic I use from hough to Marcelo from

Knap to fuss I can never get my team to replicate their home form in away matches! It's not a massive issue coz their are some cracking tactics out there I think it's something we have to live with!

Anyway I love a good 442...roll on my next match...roll on finish time!!

I have noticed this very much in this years game. I hope next year they re-adjust the strength of home advantages!

Here are my first few opening fixtures with Liverpool...some cracking results...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png/

...& this is my team...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/liverpooltacticsovervie.png/

A FEW THINGS...As with all Knap's tactics, as recommended by Knap I use my assistant manager for match prep...the MCR is the more defensive and the MCL is the more attacking...The FCL is the more creative player and the FCR is the more poacher type player (he will get the goals!)...

Here are my first few opening fixtures with Liverpool...some cracking results...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png/

...& this is my team...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/liverpooltacticsovervie.png/

A FEW THINGS...As with all Knap's tactics, as recommended by Knap I use my assistant manager for match prep...the MCR is the more defensive and the MCL is the more attacking...The FCL is the more creative player and the FCR is the more poacher type player (he will get the goals!)...

Okay, ive used knap's 108 pt before which was awesome but It just failed massively against man city and any other big team in europe.

Have you tried setting the match prep yourself because your assistant changes it depending on what team you are! Knap always tests with City or United so it will probably be a specific focus and workload! Have you tried attacking match prep like we normaly do?

When I try someones tactics I usually simply go with what they say, as i'm no tactican...I don't really do tests aswell...I just have one big save, where I attempt to do the best I can..so i don't really like to tinker with things I don't really know much about...

When I try someones tactics I usually simply go with what they say, as i'm no tactican...I don't really do tests aswell...I just have one big save, where I attempt to do the best I can..so i don't really like to tinker with things I don't really know much about...

makes sense! Probably the reason why you are having more success than I am LOL

Haha...I've played FM & CM for years but have never been interested in making my own tactics...Just love the game bro...and much love for great tactic makers like "Mr 442" Knap...thats why i follow their instructions...although I might try a different match prep in cup games...

You gonna test this tactic then?

Haha...I've played FM & CM for years but have never been interested in making my own tactics...Just love the game bro...and much love for great tactic makers like "Mr 442" Knap...thats why i follow their instructions...although I might try a different match prep in cup games...

You gonna test this tactic then?

Yeah I have a United save I was going to test this on but I couldn't decide between going with this one or going with Fuss'. Seeing as you have portrayed this one with such high esteem ill try this one first.

By the way is there any other way I can contact you...twitter/facebook etc?

Half way through the season with Liverpool and the Grid 442 V2 best 442 i've tried simples...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/englishpremierdivisionoz.png/

Best attacking record and best defensive record (This I have found hard in FM12) in the league...happy days!!!

I was going to say the same about the tactic, but i didnt want to speak to early and jinx it, unbeaten since i started using it and I have played big teams in the league and champions league, ill tell you how it holds up.

The passing & movement of the ball so emulates a real life game!

My wingers have both broken assist records this season!valencia is 33 yrs old now but is still my first choice MR!i play mata on the left or a regen player!

Upfront welbeck has scored 30+ goals in about 17 matches I play him as the FCR!

On another note my defence simple consists of Ryan shawcross,a regen,savic & a 33 yr old skertl (not the best I'm sure u'l agree)!

The passing & movement of the ball so emulates a real life game!

My wingers have both broken assist records this season!valencia is 33 yrs old now but is still my first choice MR!i play mata on the left or a regen player!

Upfront welbeck has scored 30+ goals in about 17 matches I play him as the FCR!

On another note my defence simple consists of Ryan shawcross,a regen,savic & a 33 yr old skertl (not the best I'm sure u'l agree)!

Won the league easily.

In the Carling cup i battered Everton I think I had about 7cccs to their 2 and they barely had any shots on goal, they managed to take me into a 1-1 draw into a penalty shoot out which they won.

I won the FA CUP easily and battered stoke 5-0

Played Barcelona in the champions league final and held my own. I lost the game 3-2 but we both had 4 cccs so im not too disappointed, the tactic played well but messi and villa were just to clinical on the day.

How are you getting on with the tactic ruudvanwarren? How did it go in the cups?

Hey James, well i finished the league this afternoon & similar to u won it easy! With 101 points, 144 goal & 28 conceded I think? My FRC was leathal! The number of assists that my wingers made were massive too!

I won the league cup easy, lost in the final of the FA cup to united & I battered them on ccc's & shots! My defence had a shocker but this is the weakest part of my team so I'm not too disappointed! In Europe I lost to Barca in the quarters...I battered them at home 4-1 then lost 4-0 away at the camp nou!

Obviously this 442 would be the press tactic & all the defenders are on zonal,so I'm wondering weather putting the defence & MCR on man marking would make the tactic more stable in tough tough away situations?

Either way easily the best & most stable 442 out there!!

• 2 weeks later...
Considering how much I still use the 106pt MC Triple 442 from post #569, I should probably post some more results.

Here's my first season with Stuttgart (only signed Gabri on a free transfer as cover for MC). Media prediction was 7th, and according to Genie Scout my team was the 9th best in the league.

stuttgartleague.png

[EDIT] Oh, and I let the Assistant Manager handle match prep and teamtalks.

I WANT TO know if you make some tweak ? for away game because i use it and i lost games in away

Nope, just plug and play, although you've still got to expect to lose sometimes. If you look at my Stuttgart league table, you'll see I lost 6 matches (i.e. nearly 1 in every 5). It was still enough to take the title with a mid-table team though, which is great, so you've got to be realistic with your expectations.

Also, in FM12, losses breed more losses. Sometimes it can be REALLY difficult to break a losing streak, no matter what tactic you use. I think that's where keeping player morale up becomes crucial.

do you use O I ?

and it s for you the best 442 for 12.2 ?

• 4 weeks later...

Got to say that although Knap is a machine prroducing solid tactics, lately there's so many of them that I do not know which to use.

! Knap442FMTN GridP51F48A9 (just lost 6-0 to man utd with this, unstable)

! FMTN Grid System -41113 p95f98a22 (does not work well away from home, and the only player scoring is the striker in the middle)

! Knap12.2.2P108F132A29Triple (Just played plain awful for about 8 games before I gave up)

That being said I do appreciate you effort, and looking forward to future releases. Just find a better way of organizing your releases. Maybe use the OP to sort them out. Thanks!

So, knap... what do you do when the computer cracks your tactic....? Currently using the newest version of ! Knap442FMTN GridP51F48A9.

did great first season with a half-decent Newcastle side, season 2; I have much better players and the tactic doesn't work, they can't seem to hit a ****in' barn door ...

• 2 months later...

Archived