Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Is there anything more depressing in FM than watching the AI rip apart your world class side?

Well for me yes :thdn:. All of my squad are either exhausted or injured :(.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me yes :thdn:. All of my squad are either exhausted or injured :(.

Try playing in Brazil with a low team, after 25 league games nearly everyone is injured or has the rst sign next to them. I take it it's happening a lot for your Hungarian side?

Try playing in Brazil with a low team, after 25 league games nearly everyone is injured or has the rst sign next to them. I take it it's happening a lot for your Hungarian side?

This year more than any and I am only in November. If we didn't have the Ligakupa it wouldn't be so bad but that extra competition kills us, especially with being in Europe.

I'd be happy. I know I'd get bored shitless just hanging around the house for a week.

Being off I was completely bored I admit, but then I walk through the door and realise why I enjoy being off. That is down to the people I work with rather than the job though.

I'd be happy. I know I'd get bored shitless just hanging around the house for a week.

You don't have to stay in doors just because you are off work though. You are allowed to go out ;)

I see Stuart Hall has been jailed today. No, I'm not here to dicuss his crimes or sentence, but something else.........

Now, I do have much sympathy for his victims - what they went through at his hands was horrific and I'm glad he has been brought to jutice. But, why on earth are they going to sue the BBC? It is not the BBC's fault, so what do they think they are doing suing them? Typical compensation culture, it's not enough that their tormentor has been sentenced to prison, but they now want "damages" years after said offences happened.

Some people make me feel sick, and I'm not talking about Stuart Hall.

Apparently Henrikh Mkhitaryan is to have a medical at Liverpool :eek:.

If this is true then what an inspired piece of business that could be!

-------

Apparently I might be playing cricket this weekend even though I told the guy I know that I haven't played in 4 years. Oh.

So then, Joe Kinnear?

Not even sure if it's true, but Mike Ashley seems to go through cycles of good and bad PR exercises.

There's no doubt that he's an astute businessman, and that Newcastle fans should have plenty to thank him for, but the financial side of things gets muddied by the stadium debacle, and now Kinnear's possible DoF role.

So then, Joe Kinnear?

Not even sure if it's true, but Mike Ashley seems to go through cycles of good and bad PR exercises.

There's no doubt that he's an astute businessman, and that Newcastle fans should have plenty to thank him for, but the financial side of things gets muddied by the stadium debacle, and now Kinnear's possible DoF role.

They made more money by renaming the stadium and I believe it was part of a bigger plan. By changing the name it meant he took all the stick and while this happened looked further afield to sell the naming rights. Meaning any investor coming in wouldn't have had the fans on their back by not calling the stadium ST James Park. For whatever reasons this didn't happen though and no deal was made. However, it would have been a masterstroke had he pulled it off because he took all the blame.

I don't understand the Kinnear stuff though, makes no sense at all. Atleast we got another comical press conference yesterday though:D

I just don't know what a Director Of Football actually does.

Whatever their remit, you would expect a club to appoint someone who is in touch with the modern game; somebody who presents a good image of the club and is well regarded in world football.

They could only have got it more wrong if they'd appointed Sepp Blatter.

Haven't Newcastle always had someone buy the players for the manager though? well since Pardew's been in charge anyway.

I think you're probably right, but it'll be quite galling for Pardew having to report in to an outdated football dinosaur.

For me, Kinnear was outdated when he was in his prime. Fully expect NUFC to announce roles for Howard Wilkinson and David Pleat now.....

SRL - Looks likely you'll sign Mignolet eventually, although his agent says he is unaware of any bid I think he'll be a Liverpool player soon enough. He's a great signing and in my opinion last season he was much better than Reina but it'll be interesting to see if Reina goes.

SRL - Looks likely you'll sign Mignolet eventually, although his agent says he is unaware of any bid I think he'll be a Liverpool player soon enough. He's a great signing and in my opinion last season he was much better than Reina but it'll be interesting to see if Reina goes.

I will be happy if we get Mingolet. I think it is a very good signing. Reina is off though in my opinion. I can't see Mingolet joining to be a back-up player.

Buying a £10 million back up GK would be insane especially one as good as Mignolet. Is that guy from Shakhtar any good? I've never seen him play but he has scored a load of goals.

I haven't seen loads, but I have seen bits and bobs. What I would say is he is an excellent passer of a football, has excellent vision and outside the box his striking ability is similar to Frank Lampard's.

Could be a good signing then, how high do you think Liverpool can finish?

At best 5th, I think. I do think we will be a lot closer to the top four though which will be between us, Arsenal & Spurs.

I haven't seen loads, but I have seen bits and bobs. What I would say is he is an excellent passer of a football, has excellent vision and outside the box his striking ability is similar to Frank Lampard's.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan? He is brilliant a proper no 10 imo. He isn't a good distributor of the ball though and that's probably his main flaw. He doesn't really bring assists to the team but he does have a great work ethic. He is great at driving runs forward though and his movement in general is excellent.

I'm not sure Liverpool would use him as a No 10 though would they?

I'm not sure Liverpool would use him as a No 10 though would they?

I don't know because we seemed to have played 4-5-1 mainly throughout last season but that could change and go to more of a 4-2-3-1 which is where Henrikh would fit in like when we had Gerrard playing off Torres. That is the only way I can see it working.

I don't know because we seemed to have played 4-5-1 mainly throughout last season but that could change and go to more of a 4-2-3-1 which is where Henrikh would fit in like when we had Gerrard playing off Torres. That is the only way I can see it working.

What about Gerrard though? I can't see him playing at MC for you if you switched to a 4231. Maybe this is the beginning of the end for him? I think at times the team is actually better without him. He's been a great servant for you but sometimes he should be subbed or dropped but he still lives on his rep, when he's declined a lot in recent years imo.

If Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a done deal though, I'd build the team around him. I rate him very highly.

I can't see Gerrard as an AM anymore. He has had to do it at times in the last season, but taking his age into account he needs to wind down somewhere. He had a brilliant season last year, I wouldn't say we do massively better without him to be honest. Him sat deep alongside Lucas but him breaking forward too with Henrikh, Coutinho, Sturridge & Aspas could be very frightening.

Or, and the mrs has had me drinking Sambuca & Bailey's all night :D.

Gerrard's ****, always has been........bottled the biggest move of his career and never perfprmed for his country when it mattered.

Poor mans Lampard, nevermind Scholes. Lucky he has played for that shower when they have been such a state, thus making him look better than he actually is. All the technical ability of a baby elephant.

Never understood people who use the 'crap at International level' argument, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense and is no means for a comparison/assessment. I thought Tom was better than that.

So that makes it acceptable? Ooooooooook then..........

So how is your arugment justified then because every player who pulls on an England shirt is ****....You're singling one person when you could probably go through 40-50 including Scholes.

He has carried us through a lot of games in his time. He is anything but a **** player.

Never understood people who use the 'crap at International level' argument, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense and is no means for a comparison/assessment. I thought Tom was better than that.

Because I love going fishing. It's even better when you get a bite. :D

Pressumably so. After all, every club has idiotic fans. We have one such follower who sometimes posts in this very thread.......
Because I love going fishing. It's even better when you get a bite. :D

You'll have to try harder than that I think.