Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeh misread that, apologies.

If I spent £100 on a night out think I'd be curled up in a ball in my room rocking backwards and forwards now. Maybe shivering a little. Either that or it would be one of them 'sit-down-shower, head-in-hands' moments.

For me I'd say i spend around £30-40 on a night out.

Pre-drinks ~£8, Taxi's ~£3 e/w, Perhaps go to a bar and spend around £5-10 before going to a club, £5 entry, £5-8 drinks in there £0.99p cheese burger before home :D

Pretty much sums up a night out in Leicester for me. When I'm in Coventry it's much cheaper as we don't go to a bar before and don't get taxi's (unless really lazy).

Damn, you either are a lightweight or just don't drink.

I don't pre-drink normally and depending on what group I'm out with, depends where we go. So if it's with the Morrisons lot, we start off in our local at about 7pm and have a few pints in there before leaving at about 7:45. In town we usually go Squares and Cucamaras all the time. After that, it's just random. Very rarely go to clubs. In the bars I drink a bit tbh. Yesterday I drank 3 Hooches, 2 Becks, 1 pint of Carling, 3 Double Brandy & Cokes iirc, 1 Single of that, 2 double vodka red bulls and about 6 WKD/VK drinks. Maybe more.

To be fair that is the mimumum alcohol I'd need to say I was 'drunk' but not 'smashed'. 8 cans of Carling for pre's, a few JD cokes/Jagerbombs at a bar then a few bottles of beer in the club. Maybe a few shots in there too. Wouldn't really say I'm a lightweight, it's pre-drinking that makes the night cheap.

For me it's mixing that gets me uncontrollably drunk. I'm okay when sticking with beer, it's when the shots come out to play that things start getting messy :p

Also, if you play drinking games such as ring of fire or arrogance then you're mixing everyone's drinks who you're drinking with so you could end up downing a mixture of wine, vodka, beer, cider and whatever anyone else is drinking, before it's even 10 o'clock :D

Pre-drinking is usually one of the best parts of the night, especially at uni. Get everyone round, as gizmo said... ring of fire, bit of beer (or whatever alcohol) pong and arrogance. There is a weird clapping/tapping game which gets hilarious when everyone is drunk, goes awfully wrong :D

So many times I have left pre-drinks a lot more drunk than I end up at the end of the night after the bars/clubs :D

Rather broad question :D

What sort of music, films and books do you like? No point me recommending you Kodaline's new album, if you like hip hop etc. :lol:

Anyone have any music recommendations?

Led Zeppelin, Alter Bridge, Bad Company, Jimi Hendrix, Free, The Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, Stone Sour, Thunder, Guns N Roses, Slash & Myles Kennedy, AC/DC, The Cult.

Any of them should do the trick at least :thup:.

Rather broad question :D

What sort of music, films and books do you like? No point me recommending you Kodaline's new album, if you like hip hop etc. :lol:

Music: Into Tom Odell / Kodaline / Bastille and so on at the moment.

Movies: Just about anything tbh.

Books: Crime & Thriller / Humour maybe? / Graphic Novels / Sports

Music: Into Tom Odell / Kodaline / Bastille and so on at the moment.

London Grammar, Frightened Rabbit, Crystal Fighters, Bon Iver, The Lumineers, The Lighthouse and The Whaler, Matt Corby, Patrick Watson, Perfume Genius, Keaton Henson, James Vincent McMorrow, Daughter, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Ben Howard.

Give all that a go :thup: Just threw up some names off my iPhone library.

Game of Thrones for books, they are magnificent.

I've heard this, I'll have to check them out. Still need to watch the TV show.

London Grammar, Frightened Rabbit, Crystal Fighters, Bon Iver, The Lumineers, The Lighthouse and The Whaler, Matt Corby, Patrick Watson, Perfume Genius, Keaton Henson, James Vincent McMorrow, Daughter, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Ben Howard.

Heard of a few of them and I'll give them a listen

Just go hopping on Youtube on the right hand side of a video/song you like (similar video list)... that's how I find some really good music I'd never normally hear of or come across.

Just go hopping on Youtube on the right hand side of a video/song you like (similar video list)... that's how I find some really good music I'd never normally hear of or come across.

That's what I've got Spotify for haha. Brilliant for finding new music!

I haven't heard of any of them :D.

I haven't heard of any of them :D.

:lol:

I've been to the cinema a couple of times in the past few weeks and I've seen: Fast and Furious 6 / Man of Steel / Despicable Me 2 and they've all been fantastic! Man of Steel is really, really good but feels more like a prequel to the big thing.

:lol:

I've been to the cinema a couple of times in the past few weeks and I've seen: Fast and Furious 6 / Man of Steel / Despicable Me 2 and they've all been fantastic! Man of Steel is really, really good but feels more like a prequel to the big thing.

Fast and Furious 6 was extremely good! Apart from the 100 mile runway....

It is going to lead up to a Justice League film.

Aside from this, like, a main Superman film? idek if that makes any sense!

Fast and Furious 6 was extremely good! Apart from the 100 mile runway....

Ridiculous. Did the directors not think about that?

SRL you're a teacher iirc? Talk to me about the training you had to do and how long it all took, etc. Something I've been considering post-uni :thup:

You need to have a speciality subject. Mine was PE. A PGCE course is a one year course if you do it full time. Mine was part-time and was spread out over two years. You need to have a placement alongside your course so you can practice your teaching in and need to log 75 hours teaching a year. Then there is the assignments on top and I think the longest assignment was around 3,000 words.

You need to have a speciality subject. Mine was PE. A PGCE course is a one year course if you do it full time. Mine was part-time and was spread out over two years. You need to have a placement alongside your course so you can practice your teaching in and need to log 75 hours teaching a year. Then there is the assignments on top and I think the longest assignment was around 3,000 words.
Ok cool. What sort of hours part-time was the training? Also what were you doing when you weren't training, working? And how much did this cost/how was it funded?

Ok cool. What sort of hours part-time was the training? Also what were you doing when you weren't training, working? And how much did this cost/how was it funded?

It was 3 hours per week. I did 6-9pm on a Monday night but we had two classes and could go to the other that week if we wanted. As for the placement, those hours are completely up to you what you do per week. I did a whole day on a Tuesday which was 8 hours or so per week. I worked through mine and didn't find it that difficult to manage both. The cost of mine was £1,900 I think but that was before the fee's went up so I'm not sure what it is now. Also because it is adult learning and a part-time course you might get it for free. I did because I didn't earn enough to pay for it.