Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

He did this a while ago, as did Cleveley as part of their Nike sponsorship.

Would anyone care if he went for a suitable fee?

Rooney didn't cover himself in glory when he wanted to leave a couple of seasons ago and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire since.

EDIT - I see that Everton have confirmed that Moyes is off at the end of the season. Presumably not long until an announcement from United now.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think United would miss Rooney much anyway. Yes he's a good player. But he seems to lack consistency to do it week in week out. Obviously it doesn't help if you aren't starting every game. But my point still stands. I could see Rooney going off to PSG or Real in the summer for £20-£35m. Whoever's the daftest to pay the most. I could then see, if Moyes is appointed, Fellaini moving to United. It would make United a much stronger team imo.

The ones who where already on the fringes anyway? He's not known for investing in youth though and giving them a real chance. He's not at a club long enough to do that even if he wanted ffs :D

In an ideal world, who would be your choice Tom? Klopp? :)

Whether they're on the fringes or not, he still gave them a chance. Morata, Cheryshev, Alex, Jose Rodriguez, Casemiro, and Fabinho have all managed to appear in the first team this campaign. (And before you point it out, I'm well aware that four of them have only made one appearance each. However, it still indicates that in the right circumstances he is willing to give younger players a chance).

But no matter, the man I wanted out of the percieved first choice candidates has been appointed. All three had their pluses and their minuses, but for the best chance of continuity the only option for me was David Moyes.

Klopp is showing signs of a very good manager, but his success has only been in the last 3-4 years and no one knows whether he would be able to transform that to a whole new country, despite the similarities. If that success is sustained over a longer period, then someone is going to get a very good manager.

Whether they're on the fringes or not, he still gave them a chance. Morata, Cheryshev, Alex, Jose Rodriguez, Casemiro, and Fabinho have all managed to appear in the first team this campaign. (And before you point it out, I'm well aware that four of them have only made one appearance each. However, it still indicates that in the right circumstances he is willing to give younger players a chance).

But no matter, the man I wanted out of the percieved first choice candidates has been appointed. All three had their pluses and their minuses, but for the best chance of continuity the only option for me was David Moyes.

Klopp is showing signs of a very good manager, but his success has only been in the last 3-4 years and no one knows whether he would be able to transform that to a whole new country, despite the similarities. If that success is sustained over a longer period, then someone is going to get a very good manager.

Do you think the 6 year contract is a statement of intent? To show that they are going to be patient and give time?

Loads of morons already overreacting saying its a **** appointment and you'll struggle to win games. Also seen some say Moyes is tactically inept. Obviously people who have read Inverting the Pyramid and now think they understand how football works.

Do you think the 6 year contract is a statement of intent? To show that they are going to be patient and give time?

Loads of morons already overreacting saying its a **** appointment and you'll struggle to win games. Also seen some say Moyes is tactically inept. Obviously people who have read Inverting the Pyramid and now think they understand how football works.

The six year contract is exactly that. Of course I would assume there will be get out clauses on both sides incase things go wrong, but it shows that we, (and him), are in this for the long haul.

As for fans saying it's a poor appointment, they are literally stupid, and are blinded by the unrivalled success we've had under Sir Alex. They have to come to terms with the fact that that is unlikely to carry on in quite the same vain, no matter who is incharge. Moyes has done very well with a solid club, and now has better players and better staff around him, and (hopefully) the funds available to invest in the team. He'll be able to play a more vibrant style of football than he ever was at Everton as he'll have the players to be able to do that.

I'm hugely optimistic about this, and I'm disgusted by some of the fan reaction.

The six year contract is exactly that. Of course I would assume there will be get out clauses on both sides incase things go wrong, but it shows that we, (and him), are in this for the long haul.

As for fans saying it's a poor appointment, they are literally stupid, and are blinded by the unrivalled success we've had under Sir Alex. They have to come to terms with the fact that that is unlikely to carry on in quite the same vain, no matter who is incharge. Moyes has done very well with a solid club, and now has better players and better staff around him, and (hopefully) the funds available to invest in the team. He'll be able to play a more vibrant style of football than he ever was at Everton as he'll have the players to be able to do that.

I'm hugely optimistic about this, and I'm disgusted by some of the fan reaction.

Lots of fans seem to think Mourinho was a better choice but I don't agree. He gets bored easily and is always looking for the next job. That doesn't suit utd imo. I'm glad they've gone with someone like Moyes who proves he is comitted long term.

Lots of fans seem to think Mourinho was a better choice but I don't agree. He gets bored easily and is always looking for the next job. That doesn't suit utd imo. I'm glad they've gone with someone like Moyes who proves he is comitted long term.

Mourinho is a fantastic manager, but I'm puzzled as to why people seem to think he would "guarantee success"? He wouldn't have £150million to go and spend like at the other clubs he joins.

Also I couldn't see him being happy working with Sir Alex as a director - he'd have wanted to put his own stamp ont things without have him there watching over his every move.

Won't United's debt be gone in the next few years anyway? Their revenue is massive and they've been making large profits for the past few seasons at least.

Yeah, I think they've cleared the worst of the debt (the bit attracting the most interest) and it's reducing year on year quite rapidly.

Not sure if loan debt in football is similar to a mortgage in real life where you see the scale of the debt reduce more rapidly towards the end of its term due to the interest being cleared and just the capital being repaid.

The one with previous transfers over the season. Ins and outs with the fees. I'm sure it was you who mentioned it a few weeks ago when we were talking about who has spent what. Martinez to be precise.

Pretty sure it wasn't me, I can't remember the topic either....

United 'fans' slagging off Rooney because a newspaper said he wanted to leave. They've even gone as far to call his wife into this and send her some rather sickening stuff. Disgusting behaviour.

Was it me? http://transferleague.co.uk/

I thought SKY confirmed that he did want to leave? Calling his wife names and giving her abuse isn't on though. Rooney got no loyalty though.

I've always thought Rooney was overrated in some ways. No doubt he is a good player but I dunno, there is something about him that I really dislike. He isn't someone I'd class as consistent though, his form seems to come in monthly installements. 4 good games then 5 poor games.

If he does leave Utd I can't see many big clubs lining up for him. Barca? No. Bayern? No chance. Madrid? Doubt it. Juve? Nah couldn't afford him. I reckon he'd have to go PSG or to City. I believe he would go to City though to think he got 1 up on the club, he seems that kind of person.

I've always thought Rooney was overrated in some ways. No doubt he is a good player but I dunno, there is something about him that I really dislike. He isn't someone I'd class as consistent though, his form seems to come in monthly installements. 4 good games then 5 poor games.

He's a good player. Was a great young player but maybe got too much too soon, or started reading all the hype and believing it.

His work ethic helps to mask the fact that actually, he's inconsistent and not technically very refined.

If United can recoup the £30m he was reputed to have cost, they'd be mental not to take it.

Agreed that it will be the likes of City or P-SG only who'd take him, doesn't strike me as a Guardiola player so no idea where the Bayern talk comes from.

Usual paper talk already about Moyes bringing Fellaini and Baines with him - arguably United's two weakest areas?

I thought SKY confirmed that he did want to leave? Calling his wife names and giving her abuse isn't on though. Rooney got no loyalty though.

Sky were just picking up the newspaper reports, were they not? I've not seen anything from the player or the club like the last time he handed in a transfer request. If it's official, sure give him stick if that makes you feel better, but I don't know why these morons think it's acceptable to abuse his wife, especially as it's nothing official yet.

As for loyalty, he's played at the top level for 11 years or so for only two clubs. He asked to leave once, but so did Ronaldo and the same people calling Rooney a fat **** are the same people that want Ronaldo back, despite him desperately pushing a move away from the club for two years.

Sky were just picking up the newspaper reports, were they not? I've not seen anything from the player or the club like the last time he handed in a transfer request. If it's official, sure give him stick if that makes you feel better, but I don't know why these morons think it's acceptable to abuse his wife, especially as it's nothing official yet.

As for loyalty, he's played at the top level for 11 years or so for only two clubs. He asked to leave once, but so did Ronaldo and the same people calling Rooney a fat **** are the same people that want Ronaldo back, despite him desperately pushing a move away from the club for two years.

Pretty sure if SKY say it happened then it did, they are normally spot on with their reports for football tbh. They weren't reporting what happened in the paper, I think SKY broke the story first. Abusing his wife, I agree isn't on though.

He doesn't have loyalty at all, he demanded a transfer from Everton after rejecting their offer, tried it again at Utd and if the reports are correct this is the 2nd time in 3 years that he's asked for a transfer.

He's a good player. Was a great young player but maybe got too much too soon, or started reading all the hype and believing it.

His work ethic helps to mask the fact that actually, he's inconsistent and not technically very refined.

If United can recoup the £30m he was reputed to have cost, they'd be mental not to take it.

Agreed that it will be the likes of City or P-SG only who'd take him, doesn't strike me as a Guardiola player so no idea where the Bayern talk comes from.

Usual paper talk already about Moyes bringing Fellaini and Baines with him - arguably United's two weakest areas?

Fellaini I think is possible, not sure about Baines though. Do Utd need another leftback? Already have 3 don't they?

I'm hoping they buy Jagielka though, we have a 15% sell on :D

Pretty sure if SKY say it happened then it did, they are normally spot on with their reports for football tbh. They weren't reporting what happened in the paper, I think SKY broke the story first. Abusing his wife, I agree isn't on though.

He doesn't have loyalty at all, he demanded a transfer from Everton after rejecting their offer, tried it again at Utd and if the reports are correct this is the 2nd time in 3 years that he's asked for a transfer.

And that's the problem with the internet. I've heard it was the papers that ran with it before Sky, other people heard Sky said it first. Either way I try not to overact to stories but rather go on official statements during silly season. If it's true and he wants to go them get him out as quick as possible for as much as possible and get someone else in that is dedicated to the cause. If he goes I'm sure we can replace him, but he has scored 200 goals in 400 appearances and directly contributed to a third of all goals in the last 5 years.

Latest rumours are that Gill was in a meeting with Mendes yesterday. Stories ranging from Nani and Anderson being outed to Ronaldo coming back. Make of that what you will.

No to Fellaini. Don't want someone who constantly gives fouls away in and around the box and realies on high balls.

How he didn't get pulled up at the week-end for his constant elbowing against us I will never know.

The other twin.
Fabio. And of course Tyler Blackett. :cool:

Danke. Forgot about Fabio.

It was you OneUnited. Apologies RT.

Personally I can see Fabio being sold. Not had the same impact at United like his brother. Which is understandable considering United have Evra and Buttner now. Evra's 30+ now so I could possibly see Moyes letting him go if the 'right offer' came in for him. I can't see Buttner going anywhere, although from what I've seen of him, I'm not sure whether he has 'United Class'. Obviously someone like Tom would be able to have a better judgement on him.

Isn't Ferdinand out of contract this summer? Or is it next? If it's next, then I can't see Jagielka moving as he's nearly 30 isn't he? I suppose it's how fragile Ferdinand and Vidic will be next season and whether Moyes will use Jones as a centre half or a midfielder. What's happening with Wootton? Seems fairly decent on FM but has been loaned out for the past few seasons. Will he make it at Old Trafford?

He's not bad...

n5KCqrw.png

He only has 5 assists though and takes every single set piece that Everton have. The others on that list don't. And 2 of those came in his first 2 games. Not taking anything away from him because I think he is a good player. Baines is the best player in Europe for creating chances based on stats with 97 while 2nd place is MATHIEU VALBUENA with 93.

He's had a poor 2nd half of the season though because 50 of his EPL chances created all came in the first half of the season.

Who do we think Everton will appoint as their new manager? Personally for me, if Wigan go down. Then I can see Martinez going there. I know Whelan doesn't like letting people go unless it's to a top 4 club. But unfortunately I don't think he has a choice if Wigan go down. If they don't then I could see Martinez staying for at least one more season if he can keep his better players and add a few to his squad.

No to Fellaini. Don't want someone who constantly gives fouls away in and around the box and realies on high balls.

Agree about the fouling, but I think he'd be performing a different role at United.

The long ball issue would also recede, as Moyes just uses him as a focal point in the absence of any technical alternatives at Everton.

I think he could do a cracking job alongside Carrick, and apparently he does have a £23m buyout clause, which makes me wonder how on earth Everton have kept hold of him for so long.

Thinking of starting yet another save tonight, Man U again, with edited database to set Fergie as a Director.

I'm also going to have a bash at creating a flat 3-4-3 - no Libero, and three strikers!