Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Love this bit from a column about our appointment of Moyes;

So Moyes it is, and Moyes it should be. If transforming a club, if being the best and most consistent manager outside of the highest echelon in England, if producing good young players and identifying the premium talent available for the budget, does not prepare a man for Manchester United, what does?

Exactly the message I have been trying to get across to the pond life.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the horticulturists out there - I need a new shrub, any suggestions?

Some ancient lavender bush in my garden has died, and I don't like having bare gaps in the flowerbed.

Something with a bit of colour to attract some bees will do. No effort with pruning or 'owt like that too please.

I really hope we'll see Powell next season. Do you think you need another striker? A lot of paper talk about Lewandowski today along with Fellaini and Baines.

Said earlier today I don't want Fellaini. There are better players out there, (who don't constantly foul), for that kind of role. (Also God forbid we do get him and use him upfield like Everton do!). I'd love for Powell to get game time, but I see a loan to Hull coming on in all honesty.

A striker, well I'm not sure. There's a lot of talk about a certain Portuguese coming back, so it's hard to go further into the striker issue without brinnging him up. At the end of the day, we already have three very good strikers, and a misfit. It depends what happens with the misfit.

As for Baines, don't see the point for the amount he'd cost, (£15million I'd imagine). Afterall, it has been Paddy's best season for three/four seasons, and we already have Buttner and Fabio, (though I appreciate he can do both fullback roles). Also he's 29 later this year, I'd rather us plough money into someone younger.

Said earlier today I don't want Fellaini. There are better players out there, (who don't constantly foul), for that kind of role. (Also God forbid we do get him and use him upfield like Everton do!). I'd love for Powell to get game time, but I see a loan to Hull coming on in all honesty.

A striker, well I'm not sure. There's a lot of talk about a certain Portuguese coming back, so it's hard to go further into the striker issue without brinnging him up. At the end of the day, we already have three very good strikers, and a misfit. It depends what happens with the misfit.

As for Baines, don't see the point for the amount he'd cost, (£15million I'd imagine). Afterall, it has been Paddy's best season for three/four seasons, and we already have Buttner and Fabio, (though I appreciate he can do both fullback roles). Also he's 29 later this year, I'd rather us plough money into someone younger.

I agree with everything you've said if I was a United fan I'd want to see another striker if Ronaldo was not to come back and Rooney was sold. I think Powell needs a loan deal if it ensures he plays a lot, I know people might be suspect of him because he was only doing it so to speak in League Two. I watched him a lot and I really think he can become a top Premier League player, he has bags of potential and is already very good. Scores goals out of nothing and can even play well when sides are kicking the crap out of him I like him so much if he's playing for Man United I actually want them to win!

There'll definitely be a new striker if that scenario comes about. Come on down Mr.Victor Anichebe!!!!

Haha, that's exactly the player I keep telling my Man United supporting mate that Moyes will sign.

SRL man, shut up. You have become really annoying since you've become a mod.

Christ NF, calm down. I post in the exact same way I did before I was a mod so I must have been annoying then too.

Looks like Eriksen might be Gotze's replacement. Great move my Dortmund if they can get him, he is quality.

Couldn't agree more. Also great move for him, as he'll be in the first team week in, week out at Dortmund, whereas he wouldn't be if he joined some of the other clubs he's been linked with.

Couldn't agree more. Also great move for him, as he'll be in the first team week in, week out at Dortmund, whereas he wouldn't be if he joined some of the other clubs he's been linked with.

Aye he'll be the focal point so he'll thrive on that like he does for Ajax.

Kevin Strootman linked with Liverpool. He is another great talent, not sure how he'd fit in at Pool though unless he was a Lucas/Allen replacement as he is too similar to those but a much better holding player imo.

Yeah :cool:. Fifa inspired me. Shortly after my moaning I went upstairs on my PS3 and tried a career save with York City. Managed 1 and a half games with them(pre-season) before I got bored. But I decided to start a save a York City on FM and I'm enjoying it. I love working on a budget and with them you have to work on a budget. Not doing too shabby either and my tactic seems to be working although it's fairly basic/unoriginal.

That is extremely crap SRL. That's a bit like saying, I know you are but what am I ffs :D.

I have nothing to insult Tom on as much as I do you, so in his case I just go with the flow.

Remember, remember the 21st of November, when some idiot said this;

Hmmm. Currently top of the league with the best team in the country and not playing at our best yet suggests you might want to hold back on the hashtags for another few months. I'm saying we will win anything, rather it's just downright idiotic to say we won't.

How's that working out then?

-------------------------

On a serious note, I didn't really mind who won yesterday. It's great when any small club wins such a prestigious trophy as it gives everyone else hope.