Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I find it strange people ask how many can this PC run etc. I have a quick PC but I don't run many leagues because I find more than 8-10 way too slow, other people with same specs find it quick enough running 20 leagues.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at the moment I can load up to 125k players and loads of leagues and nations. However, it runs quick enough to start off with but then after 2/3 seasons it slows down. Now, ideally I'd like to be able to load up between 80k-100k with many leagues and nations and be able to run far enough into the future without having any problems. Obviously with it going quick enough as well. Whether that'd be possible or not, I don't know.

I find it strange people ask how many can this PC run etc. I have a quick PC but I don't run many leagues because I find more than 8-10 way too slow, other people with same specs find it quick enough running 20 leagues.

I know I'm probably asking that question kind of. But I generally don't know what I'm looking for in regards to a decent spec laptop in order to run enough to have a good long-term save on FM.

When my brother eventually knows how to build computers, I'll ask him to build me one so that it can run every league/nation playable with enough players quickly enough. I think Flamers said that, that would cost about £2500 at the moment. So if that's right, it'll be no doubt more when I finally get round to having a chance of doing it.

Anyone recommend some songs to listen to? I like any genre of music apart from dance.

Led Zeppelin, Free, Bad Company, Chris Cornell, Alter Bridge, Slash & Myles Kennedy, Thunder, Queen. Cant go wrong with those artists to be fair :)

I never load more than 60,000 players.

About 45000 for me.

I keep getting tempted to leave messages in SRL and Tom's career thread nit picking at any points dropped but other posters might think I'm being a tit.

Please do.

That would make Purefun & Cleon jealous.

Yes it would.

"SRL spreads his love evenly between Purefun, Cleon and AcidBurn"

Love it.

I have got to kick this FIFA 13 addiction. It's stopping me from functioning like a nomal adult.

Usually after a few days I start to calm down on it. This hasn't happened yet. I don't really want to play it, after coming off it I don't feel better for having played it. But I do have to play it.

Big sodding kid.

Purefun knew the score. :brock:

Well....I could have commented with something similar, but I couldnt be arsed with the agro.

SRL, do you still think Brendan Rodgers will last past the next summer window?

He should. He has barely been in the job 5 minutes so to be judging him is a bit silly. If you look back to the squad we had under Rafa compared to now we have gone so far backwards. Last night was just one of those nights. We played well, but silly defensive errors cost us. I still think we will finish between 5th & 7th. He has to be given time and by time I mean 3-4 seasons.

If you look back to the squad we had under Rafa compared to now we have gone so far backwards.
and Brendan have played his part in that to
Last night was just one of those nights. We played well, but silly defensive errors cost us.
it have been one of those nights in about 7 of your 10 matches so far, is that a coincidence to?
I still think we will finish between 5th & 7th. He has to be given time and by time I mean 3-4 seasons.
I think it will be about 7th-8th unless something drastic happens in the jan window, which in football terms would translate into not enough progress and a sacked manager, I fully agree that he needs time thought, probably 2-ish seasons of finishing around 7th just to establish a style of play, but I just cant see him being given that sort of time if the results on the pitch do not follow (which they have not done so far)

and Brendan have played his part in that to

it have been one of those nights in about 7 of your 10 matches so far, is that a coincidence to?

Hardly. 1 transfer window isnt enough to warrant that. He has bought the right types of players too. We just lack strength in depth.

The only match we have been really poor in this season was against Arsenal. WBA scored against the run of play, then we went down to 10 men and after that things couldnt be helped. Man City was two costly errors in a game we bossed. We played well against Sunderland, and very well against Man Utd but I cant be bothered to start on that one.

How terribly random.

How are you enjoy things in my quiet little area of the country?

It's a nice little area like, not much to do but it's not like I really go out or anything like that anyway, just did it during Freshers. The planes can get a little annoying though but I'm sure that's something you'll get used too.

Finished Uni for the day now so just chilling, might actually play some FM now, oh and our flat won the quiz at student union, £100 so it's not too bad, we may have googled it but no one was to know!

It's a nice little area like, not much to do but it's not like I really go out or anything like that anyway, just did it during Freshers. The planes can get a little annoying though but I'm sure that's something you'll get used too.

It's the smallest town in the country, what were you expecting to be able to do? :D

And there are loads of bars and pubs - what more does anyone need?! Have you been in any of the local establishments yet? Oh and in a few weeks you'll barely notice the planes. As you said, you do get use to them.

I guess :D Much rather live somewhere like here than actually in Leeds though. Only been to The Old Ball, it's quite nice in there like, will probably have a look around the others in the coming weeks, think the furthest I have ventured around here is probably Morrisons and that Indian place, very nice though :)

Hardly. 1 transfer window isnt enough to warrant that. He has bought the right types of players too. We just lack strength in depth.
if he did buy the right type of players, then why do you lack strength in depth?
The only match we have been really poor in this season was against Arsenal. WBA scored against the run of play, then we went down to 10 men and after that things couldnt be helped. Man City was two costly errors in a game we bossed. We played well against Sunderland, and very well against Man Utd but I cant be bothered to start on that one.
when you "boss" a game and yet still fail to win multiple matches in a short period of time it stops being just one of those games or a coincidence, it becomes a tactical problem or a palying staff problem, personaly I think its both in your case

if he did buy the right type of players, then why do you lack strength in depth?

We never had it to begin with. You cant build a whole squad in one transfer window unless you're Man City. He got rid of older players bloating up our wage bill and brought in younger ones. Nothing wrong with that.

Get in!!!! The Mancheter derby has been moved to December 9th, so I won't miss it on the plane to Tenerife! Yes I'd rather be going than watching it on tele, but atleast I can actually watch it now!

Also, the Swansea game has been moved to the 23rd, so I'll be able to go to that as I'm back the day before. Superb.