Destinations

Fantastic

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great World Cup!

Unlucky to lose on penalties, but in a way, if you have to lose a Final, that's not a bad way to do it, because as a manager you can go "It's a lottery! It wasn't my fault!" :)

Looks like it gave you a nice rep boost as well; Udinese and CSKA are very decent clubs.

Been a few years, but I remember Russia to be a pretty fun place to manage. Fairly strict foreigner rule, I think, but no place is perfect.

Great World Cup with Uruguay, you certainly did set the tournament alight!

CSKA will be interesting, what's the budget like?

RVTCM.png

That's a pretty ridiculous budget if you ask me. The club is loaded with expensive players such as Akinfeev, Corluka, Necid, Dzagoev. Some may justify their wages, but all are getting old, there's been no real transition period for the club, so I guess my job is to bring them into the next decade relatively smoothly.

I'd like to focus on Russian players, problem is all the best ones are playing for my rivals. This is going to be challenging.

Awesome World Cup, but did I read wrong or you said Uruguay were the reigning world champions prior to this? :eek:

Russian football is a total pain in the ass as you can only field 6 foreigners at once, and there's little russian talent available. Go for it, you need a bit of a torture after the heights of a successful World Cup. :thup:

1c8r5.png

My first match is a cup victory? Pfft that's a bit of a joke. I didn't realise CSKA were the reigning champions, seems odd their manager would relinquish his position. Anyway, a typical goals galore game and a good chance to see what my players are capable of. I thought it went okay, I'm in the process of upgrading the defence at a serious cost though.

UFGn0.png

£28,000,000

That's a lot of money. So much money the fans have said it's a waste. I take a view on this; the boy is 20. He is good enough to be the starting centre back at this club for the next twelve years of his career no problem. I don't call it a waste, I call it an investment. You want the best, you pay for the best.

To be fair it is a little stupid giving me a transfer budget, I'm only going to spend it. But when your two first choice centre backs are pushing 30 then something needs to be done. This is me being proactive.

Wait a minute, that's more than your budget according to the previous screenie. Sold some guys? Used the wage budget?

That guy looks class tho. :thup:

Yeah, I do all my transfers over 48 months. It's more realistic anyway as these days most transfers are paid out over the course of a player's contract.

I personally follow a policy of never using monthly payments, hence didn't even consider the chance. I suppose it's realistic but it lets you spend far far too much money IMO, no CSKA board in their right mind would let you make those two transfers in the same season. You're going to bankrupt the club unless you get some serious success - a possibility tho with that kind of super talents.

Yeah it's semi-realistic. Like noikee said they would never let you do that, let's hope that you'll be able to make the necessary money.

As for the player, 38m? Seriously? That's too much for him I think. He should be a bit better to be considered for that much. He ain't Rooney :p

Not worth 38 million pounds to me. He's pretty good, but I think you could probably get a cheaper and roughly as good striker direct from Brazil or Argentina, but hey, if you think he'll make that much of a difference to your team, go for it. :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived