• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's changed:

We've got a harder draw in the Copa Libertadores:

tOibd.png

Jorge Luna has demanded to have his contract torn up:

vfs6R.png

I love how I'm getting punished for the game ****ing up. Thanks SI.

EDIT:

Fluminense have come back with an identical offer for Fernandez, so at least something has stayed the same.

Ouch! Tough draw! Good achievement though, qualifying for the group stages :thup:

Yep and we're already off to a cracker:

s7BMr.png

Still yet to beat Lanus since I've been managing them. I don't understand what it is that they have that we can't combat. We create chances, we play well but we either draw or they scrape it by a goal. I hate having a bogey team.

Still doing well, with a few difficulties. Have you thought about moving on yet, or staying in Argentina for a while longer?

Erm, it hasn't really crossed my mind. I'm enjoying managing this club in particular, despite my problems. The glass ceiling in terms of financial growth will grind more frequently, but I won't move until I'm sacked or I've won something.

Saying that, its best not to make plans because I'll only break them.

n475d.png

With seemingly every big star at my club angling for a move to a "bigger" club, I felt it was prudent to lock these two child geniuses to extra long contracts. Worst case scenario is that I have them until 2021. Best case? Baby, I'm gonna get paid.

I'm going to be at work all day today, so here's a brief update:

f8yy0.png

We've had a much more impressive start to the Clausura, despite a number of injuries. Espinoza, Amieva, Prieto, Marquez and a few here and there which have affected us. Despite this we've managed to come back from last year's horror half and show the league what we're capable of. Indeed our 6-2 demolition of Argentinos is easily the standout result.

I'll keep the Copa Libertadores cards close to my chest for now, but things are getting interesting on that front,

Enjoy your Saturday, I won't be.

prdv9.png

I am so happy with this result. A draw away at Internatcional (aided by a red card for them) and a home victory against them too has ensured we will progress to the knockout stages. Lanus are still completely unbeatable when we play them, but a sneaky draw in the last match shows that maybe one day we can beat them. I'll be honest, when we drew this group I didn't expect to qualify, so really anything upwards from here is just a bonus. My priority here is still to win the Clausura, to get maximum points to ensure we can qualify for the Copa Libertadores next year.

n95CG.png

Phew, just about came through that. With us 2-0 down I had to do something, on came Espinoza and he scored a magical solo goal. It took a while to get the second, but it's going to make things easier in the home leg. But Emelec have shown they can be dangerous and we need to guard against that.

JkmAg.png

After ten mother****ing tries, FINALLY. Not only have I got this monkey off my back, I've kicked it square in the face, burned both of its eyes out with cigarettes and tossed its wasted carcass into a nearby river. Lanus are not my problem any more.

NbOPD.png

Useless bastards. A golden opportunity, probably the most golden opportunity since Whitney Houston discovered methamphetamines. But we pissed it away. What's worse was that because of their stupidity, I had to tell the team they are a group of morons, which now means their morale is miserable. I'm adding Emelec to my list of people/things I hate more than mushrooms.

Useless bastards. A golden opportunity, probably the most golden opportunity since Whitney Houston discovered methamphetamines. But we pissed it away. What's worse was that because of their stupidity, I had to tell the team they are a group of morons, which now means their morale is miserable. I'm adding Emelec to my list of people/things I hate more than mushrooms.

Good man. Barcelona is the best team in Ecuador!

ZZ4Rg.png

A much more solid half campaign which leaves me on a high for the end of the 2015/16 season. At one point we were looking close to matching Independiente, our 3-0 victory over them made me think we could power through to the end, however injuries and some bad football in the last three or four means we tailed off slightly.

But the good signs are there and if we can stay relatively injury free we may very well be the top boys next season.

My main priority though is to ensure we qualify for the Copa Libertadores. With our lack of gates and increasing wage costs, we really need to maximise our earning potential in every feasible manner. The best way is to get paid extra winning matches and there is no bigger earner than the Copa Libertadores.

Things are looking good again.

I can imagine you've got a bit of a taste for the Libertadores now.

We used to drink dirty water in a cup made of faeces. Now we've been given a sample of the purified mineral water from a cup made of diamonds, well we can't say no. We want it and we want it now. I can't go back to living in a studio with three other grown men.

wwO8F.png

yLm8Z.png

A difficult decision to make but necessary. Parra refused to sign a new contract and only had a year left. I could have probably got more if his contract was longer, but £5m is still a fair price. Everyone else who wanted to mutiny against me has signed a new deal, including Ledesma. I'm going to need a replacement, but down here in the deep dirty south this kind of money can go a long way. I'll miss him, but at least I'm not turning up to party with an empty hat.

Transfers - 2016/17 season.

9jh2e.png

This boy is where I spent my Parra money. A hefty price tag, but he has enough ability to justify it. His age guarantees a level of resale value and that alone satisfies me in terms of the price. He's a very competent central midfielder and I'm hoping he'll give us a smoother edge when playing against teams, Podio is still with us, I love him but he can be very aggressive at times.

vHWi9.png

lF7vw.png

These two were brought in to cover the right midfield slot vacated by Parra. Unfortunately Machado's citizenship papers didn't clear by the time registration closed so unfortunately I won't be playing Busao until the new year begins. It's my own fault, but trust me when I say this: I could not find one, not even one, truly standout candidate to replace Parra. That's why I got these two and a loan.

xsCAg.png

Nothing else too interesting. A young CB and some outgoings. I like the squad we have. Other than the RM slot I'm happy with every position in the team and we can do as well as we did last year as long as people turn up to matches. I think it could be a good season, but knowing my luck I could be unemployed in four months.

Best thread in this forum, why haven't I found this before. :thup:

Shouldn't take too many seasons now to win either the Apertura or the Closura I think - or even the Libertadores. Team's getting more and more solid every season.

Best thread in this forum, why haven't I found this before. :thup:

Shouldn't take too many seasons now to win either the Apertura or the Closura I think - or even the Libertadores. Team's getting more and more solid every season.

I'm huffing and puffing but we seem to hit that glass ceiling every year. One pleasing factor is that we're no longer a form team. If we suffer a defeat it isn't automatic that everyone will drop off. It's hard sometimes to cut players who play well for you, but being more aggressive with my management has helped. I'd like to win at least one of the Clausura or Apertura, but if I was to tell anyone I really achieved with Gimnasia then I'd like to be able to have a single season where I take both of them. The Copa Libertadores? That's a dream I'd like, but it isn't a priority. There's more than enough time to win it with a club, be it this one or another.

Remember how I said earlier how I was happy with the team? Remember how I said I had confidence in their ability to push through defeats and get back on the horse? I was lying. That was me being positive. Or maybe it was me being honest and then having my words stuffed down my throat by a giant hammer made of pictures of me with eggs on my face. I'm disgusted. Truly and utterly ****ing disgusted at this sorry sack of losers. Oh, I'm not overreacting either:

gexqm.png

pNiD3.png

That's what we call in my game an utter collapse. That's the fall of the Berlin Wall when it comes to capitulation. Every single time I try to build Rome this group of morons manages to find a way to destroy it in a day. It's embarrassing. If the game was actually sophisticated at replicating the real life football media I would have been branded a cursed manager. Or worse, just simply inept. Yet I don't see what more I can do, in fact if I see these words ever again:

52NkZ.png

I might just go outside and kick the living **** out of the first animal I can get my hands on.

It's beyond poor. This is a team who can beat the champions 5-1 but somehow can't string a set of results together right when it matters. I constantly wonder why our average gate doesn't increase year on year, but now I know why; who in their right mind would pay to go to a strip club where the girl gets on stage, dances the best dance of her life and then just as you're about to finally get a glimpse of her quim she crumbles to the floor, has a seizure and soils herself. It's not entertainment it's masochism and the national statistics are very accurate on these details: less than 50% of the population want to purposefully hurt their brains and pay for it at the same time.

I'm angry, really ****ing angry. I don't mind not being good enough to win the league, if that's the case then so be it. I can accept limitations. But christ, there aren't any. We can beat any team in this division and we prove that consistently. I can't bear to imagine the number of times I see our name at the top of the table, only for it to not be there when it matters.

I really wish the board would sack me, I'm too much of a pussy to resign because I still feel as though there is something to fight for, but I really, really do not want to manage these ****ing idiots any longer.

VQeJX.png

I'd be interested to see how Lautaro Fernandez ends up on other people's games. I nurtured him from a pretty rank outsider to a fairly decent standard as a left back. I'm pleased we're getting good money for him, Navia is a far better player. I've had a nap and I feel much better now.

Two transfers during the break:

ntXN1.png

Perez will be coming in as first choice right midfielder. I haven't felt super comfortable with Ledesma playing on the right side and despite his age I think Perez will be a great player for the club. He came in on a free from Benfica which means he's on a high wage, however I think the cost is justified because of his ability.

i5rXT.png

Another signing from the Barcelona academy in Argentina. My coaches believe his potential to be higher than Russo's however I'm going to need to get him tutored to hopefully raise his mental attributes. I'm not too sure how he's going to fit into the team just yet, but that isn't an issue just yet because he is fairly young. Depending on how soon my two star strikers leave the club I may even retrain him as a striker, but that's further down the line than I'd like to imagine for now.

I also sold Sergio Forlin to a Hungarian side, Gyor, for £400k. He made a few first team appearances but was never going to be a regular and that was a decent amount of money for a youth player from our academy.

KKyxp.png

I normally don't update on what's going on in the Copa Argentina because we always get knocked out in the fifth or sixth round, but this year we've made it to the quarter final stage for the first time in my period managing here. It's not a major priority, but I might start fielding a stronger side now we're up in the higher echelons.

zxc6M.png

In the circumstances I'd say a 0-0 against the Apertura runners-up is a great result. Freddy Prieto picked up a slight injury so I subbed him off, luckily there's been no lasting damage.

fmmkH.png

Now's an appropriate time to show you how we're doing in the league. We are experts at getting 30 points, but it is around this point that we fall apart. God knows why it happens, god knows but it is usually here. I just want to document how strong our position is at the top of the league. I don't want it to happen, but if it does then at least people can get a good sense of why exactly I get so angry at this side come the end of each half season.

Here's a memory that will forever be indelibly etched into the back of my mind:

iccb0.png

Housewives' favourite Gonzalo Rovira scoring the winning penalty in a dramatic 4-3 penalty victory over Boca Juniors.

NtJc3.png

It was a pretty ****** game and despite some great chances for us, no one seemed able to score. An injury to Machado meant on came Rovira and he managed to square things up. When they saved our second penalty I felt sure they would wrap it up, but Lerda pulled us back into things and then there was only one man to take it.

I'm delighted, finally I can put something on my shelf that isn't a picture of me at a theme park. We've worked hard over the last few years to put ourselves into these kinds of positions where we are capable of winning things. It's justified and certainly no group of players in this division deserves success more than this lot do, no matter how hard they try to avoid it come the end of every season.

Archived