The Danny Roberts Off Topic Thread

Welcome to the new off topic thread, a place to keep all the unrelated discussion out of the challenge, sign up and experiment threads.

I need to stress that this thread is still potentially here on a temporary basis, it is not guaranteed to be staying. For the time being, with the new forums this thread should be an ideal place to ask questions regarding the new forum software but I can't guarantee it will be a permanent fixture.

Forum Username   Console   GT/PSN ID      Games
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aaberdeenn       360       aaberdeenn     PES2008, PGR4, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Gears of War, GTA IV
wisla_krakow     360       ---            FIFA 08, PES2008, Forza 2, Assassins Creed, GOW, COD4
crhealy          360       chealy         Halo 3, COD4, Forza 2, PES2008, Fifa08, PGR4, S-Cell DA, R6V
ridleys          360       godz revenge   Halo 3, GTA IV
jonahno6         360       Kris1994       GTA IV, FIFA 08, PES 08, PES 6, Bully, Forza 2, GH 3, FM08, SvR2008
mikeytwigge      360       mikeytwigge    Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Grid, PGR4

markcator3006    PS3       markc86        PES2008, SDvsR 2008, VT-3, F1 CE, NFS-PS, R-Racer, GTA4, T-Spin 3, B-Conspiracy  
Robert_296       PS3       Robert296      FIFA 08, COD 4, VT-3, Motorstorm, Oblivion, GTAIV, Euro08, Top Spin 3
iacovone         PS3       iacovone       PES2008, COD 4, Assassins Creed
ridleys          PS3       ridleys        FIFA 08, PES2008, Resistance Fall of Man, F1 CE, GH 3, Top Spin 3 
NepentheZ        PS3       NepentheZ      PES08, FIFA08, F1, COD4, TW 08, Resistance, NFS, Assassin's Creed
minisav          PS3       minisav        PES 08, Snooker 07  
dafuge           PS3       dafuge         PES2008, Snooker 2007, TH's P8, Resistance , GT5 - Prologue
PaulHartman71    PS3       PHartman       Fifa 08, Euro 2008, SVR 08
JDScott          PS3       JDScott        COD4, Resistance, Army of 2, GH3
Gundo            PS3       Gundo10        GTA4

route1           Wii       5823 6033      GH3, Sports, Super Paper Mario, S-Monkey Ball, Mario Kart,
                          4697 2278      Super Smash Brothers Brawl
super_lampard    Wii       ---            Sports, NFS Carbon, Mario & Sonic at Olympic games, Wii:Fit, PES 2008
DodgeeD          Wii       ---            Wii Fit, Sports
ridleys          Wii       ---            Play, Sports, Mario/Sonic Olympics, S-Mario Galaxy, T-Tennis
Robert_296       Wii       ---            Sports, Mario Football, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and by the way. All the links in the header are dead, the threads are still active, just those links need replacing with the new ones.
Before anyone asks, the forum header will hopefully be going soon, I don't like the way it appears all the time. I think I'll replace it with a 'welcome to the forum' type sticky.

The new sticky might take a bit of work, a lot of the previous threads that were linked in the forum header were deleted in the forum purge.

Daf, do manually copy posts and type the quote tags? I've never got the hang of doing what you've just done using the available options.

Also, if you could let me know what difference I'm supposed to see by changing to the advanced interface, I'd appreciate it.

Also, shoudl slander of Mr. Roberts become an offense, I will go out of my way to sabotage your challenge thread :mad:

Daf, do manually copy posts and type the quote tags? I've never got the hang of doing what you've just done using the available options.

Also, if you could let me know what difference I'm supposed to see by changing to the advanced interface, I'd appreciate it.

Also, shoudl slander of Mr. Roberts become an offense, I will go out of my way to sabotage your challenge thread :mad:

There's a 'quote' button next to each post, pressing it will make a quote of that post appear in your next post, it's a lot better than the old way of doing it.

The advanced interface should give you this view when posting. I wasn't sure whether it was available to all users or just moderators.

There's a 'quote' button next to each post, pressing it will make a quote of that post appear in your next post, it's a lot better than the old way of doing it.

The advanced interface should give you this view when posting. I wasn't sure whether it was available to all users or just moderators.

Yea I get that view. Also, the quote thing works too. The only problem is, they both don't work in the quick reply box, which is annoying. I use quick reply 90% of the time, and not being able to use it to quote, unless manual, is frustrating.

Also, bring back :thup::thdn:

That is all.

Yea I get that view. Also, the quote thing works too. The only problem is, they both don't work in the quick reply box, which is annoying. I use quick reply 90% of the time, and not being able to use it to quote, unless manual, is frustrating.

Also, bring back :thup::thdn:

That is all.

The quick reply is supposed to be a quicker version, so you won't get all the usual features of the standard reply box, it is an improvement on the old one though.

I miss :thup: and :thdn: as well :(

Yea the old one was carp. Although I loved the way it hovered at the same spot, so I could type something, and refer back to somewhere else on the page without losing train of thought.

I get its supposed to be a quicker version, but on other sites I frequent the "Quote" function works different. Like how it used to work here, in which, when you press the quote button, it would automatically open the reply box for you, with the quoted text in tow.

dafuge, earlier I tried to do a bit of coding for my All American Managerial Contest, and I found it hard to get the words in the same line, i'll example, if this works perfectly I do apologize.

1      Hello
2      Hello
3      Hello
4      Hello
5      Hello
6      Hello
7      Hello
8      Hello
9      Hello
10    Hello

That will either look right, or life i've deliberately made it wrong, I haven't though :(

There seems to be a problem with special characters in posts.

Look at this post: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=84027&postcount=271

My name is Mikael Schøler where is should be Mikael Schøler

That's happened with a few of the imported posts, as I've mentioned in the mod requests thread if you want them changed I can do it but I don't think the old ones will be fixed unless done manually.

That's happened with a few of the imported posts, as I've mentioned in the mod requests thread if you want them changed I can do it but I don't think the old ones will be fixed unless done manually.

ah right. Haven't read through mod requests :)

So, what's everyone up to on this very special first night?

Well seeing as it's hammering it down outside and it's Big Brother eviciton night, so the wife is amused. I shall be cracking on with another season of Gundo's challenge, whilst exploring all the lovely new options avaliable to us on the forums.

As you can see, I've already found a choice of fonts!

Plus I must say that I like the new quote options - never understood it before but now it's easy.

Enjoying coverage of T in the Park, other than that I'm being bored, drinking coffee and waiting for cake as it's my sister's birthday.

Tomorrow though is the end of precisely 51 days with no Aberdeen matches as we entertain Man United at Pittodrie. Hurrah \o. Then Dundee away on Tuesday night which I'm looking forwards too almost as much to be honest. I've heard it's a really good away so it should be awesome.

dafuge, I presume i'm still on a Yellow, but all evidence of this seems to have gone. :confused:

With the new infractions system the yellow card system is obsolete, meaning you have a clean slate unless we decide to backdate the infractions.

dafuge, earlier I tried to do a bit of coding for my All American Managerial Contest, and I found it hard to get the words in the same line, i'll example, if this works perfectly I do apologize.

Hopefully the post preview button will make this easier.

Archived