Débuts; the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Not really a debut, but a player of mine, my first "big" signing at Honvéd, Kagabo has just come back after a long injury layoff. I decided it would be safer to let him have a run in Honvéd II before throwing him back in the deep end. They were to face Balatonelle who were doing well in the second division and were still in the promotion hunt and were level on goal difference with 23 goals both scored and conceded. A win would put them 4th and they were a goal up within 30 seconds. Actually, there was a debutante in this match after all, a young greek winger I'd recently signed from AEK specifically to play for Honved II and act as cover due to Hungary's randomly intense calendar. This young greek winger scored within 20 minutes and then set up Kagabo a minute later.

Sure enough now his strike partner who was in Honved II as punishment for getting too many red cards recently got a straight red in the 26th minute. Still 2-1 I doubt ol' Nigel was worried, but after what happened next the AI manager sure would be. Kagabo, back from injury went on to score a hattrick of hattricks and added 2 assists in a 12-1 thrashing! Oh, he's back!

Now this is quite the other way around: in my Llanelli save, I had this 16 yo regen dude making his debut (Welsh Ch'ship rules state that you must have at least 2 u-18 players in the match squad, as far as I recall). He scored in the first few minutes and finished the match with a rating that was over 8. It turned out that dude's (his name was Moise Semany, Welsh-Mauritanian :)) performance was a total fluke. He played for 3 more matches only to convince me he was crap (<6 ratings). He didn't get a renewal and he retired, not being offerd a contract by any club.

I had a brilliant debut tonight. A regen striker called Mark Talbot was signed last season having been released from Liverpool. I loaned him out to Witton Albion to gain some experience. He makes his debut in the second game of this season and he bangs in two goals.

Now this is quite the other way around: in my Llanelli save, I had this 16 yo regen dude making his debut (Welsh Ch'ship rules state that you must have at least 2 u-18 players in the match squad, as far as I recall). He scored in the first few minutes and finished the match with a rating that was over 8. It turned out that dude's (his name was Moise Semany, Welsh-Mauritanian :)) performance was a total fluke. He played for 3 more matches only to convince me he was crap (<6 ratings). He didn't get a renewal and he retired, not being offerd a contract by any club.

Theres something quite poignant and sad about that story. I can imagine him sat in some pub in Cardiff propping up the bar, drowning his sorrows and boring everyone with the story of his one good professional football match and how he 'could have been a contender' /sniff

21 year old Connor Blackwell, signed on a free in 2013 after being released by Chelsea, spent 4 years in my reserves/U-19's and finally, he got his full debut in a Taca de Portugal match against Coimbroes.

This was the result.

[video=youtube;GO-v2eRkdTE]

The best debut any of my players has made was on fm 10, at the start of the season Torres was injured so i started Nemeth who was making his debut for my liverpool side. He scored two goals in a 3-2 win over Everton and instantly jumped onto the clubs favoured personnel list.

Unfortunately after some inconsistent performances he dropped off the list halfway thrrough the season.

Rory Patterson!

A Mixed game for Rory P- He makes his first apperance in the green and white at Wycombe in the Carling Cup 1st round. He scores after 7 minutes but then after 58 minutes loses his rag and trys to kill an opposing player. Straight red, though we still won 4-1.

Maximilian Nicu a winger/side midfielder.

Scored 9 mins into his debut. Also assisted another to put me through the first round of the German Cup. He added to that by scoring 11 mins into his debut league game. Some guy.

I remember 2 cases:

(FM09) Tomas Pekhart (CZE): My first team in my first Football Manager (And also the first quite succesful winning a UEFA cup against Juventus) was Tottenham. This player was part of my youths, and I decided to promote him. His firsts matches weren't so good, he missed some easy goals :S. But he slowly recovered, to the point that when I was Manager of Valencia later and also of USA, I encountered him in a match against Czech Republic, he was there with the starters using the number 10 :')

(FM11) Vladimir Yurchenko (BLR): This was yesterday, I'm at Racing Club in Argentina, since I don't have Teofilo in the team like IRL, and I didn't have enough money to get him (and the money I managed to get with transfers was taken away because of the percentage taken by the representants >=(), I started desperately to look for a striker, this player was free, so I hired him in the deadline of the summer transfers (Or winter at the north hemisphere). Then the first match was against an easy team, but he wasn't in good conditions so I added him to the substitutes, I started losing, but that wasn't for long, the team managed to turn the score 3-1. Since the match was mostly won, I decided to put him in, and in the first center he recives, he managed to shoot with a semi-volley and score :D

i signed modric for man utd a few seasons ago paid 32 mil for him, just before his planned debut got injured in training for 11 mth, alas no problem won the league anyway was really excited after the new pre season he got sent off after 4 mins in the charity shield, missed the first lot of prem games and then in his very next game did it again but did last 30 mins

Archived