Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's definitely a possibility. I think Jimbokav's next, so maybe if he's got time to get started we should pass it onto him.

I've not seen Jimbo on here for a while either come to think of it. But yeah, if he's up for it then looks like he can go ahead.

We keep going til we've matched the Softies!

Very good thread which i've been following for a while. :)

Will definetley be looking into taking part if your doing this for 09 :thup:.

Good stuff, always good to know there's people other than the few of us who're now taking part that do follow.

Not sure when the next one will start, but there'll be a sign up thread to register your interest.

That might clash with the release of FM10 ;)

I'm ignoring this.

doesn't look like Gaz is coming. Should I start downloading, or do you want me to wait a bit longer?

Go for it. And bring back the Premier League and Champions League! You think confidence is broken in the game??? Get into those Softies!

Ten Ton 2030-31, Pre-Season Update

Pre-season at Ten Ton was one of hectic activity, stress and enjoyment. The hectic activity was mainly the fact I had bids flying in from everywhere for what seemed like every single one of the players. Elsewhere saw our Youth facilities be improved, and the Stadium started a 5,000 odd seat expansion, taking it to around 28,000. We've been predicted to finish 3rd in the League, but we all know that we will win. Another random bit of news, was after an awful World Cup campaign, Spain offered Paul Wallace the job, which was politely refused.

Despite Rlips advice to sell Cook and Watson, i've so far gone against this advice as personally, I think they will fit quite nicely into my team. However I did follow his advice in signing a new central defender, I spent £9M on Jean-Baptiste Dupuis from Getafe. He can play both central defense and central midfield, providing the side with some good back-up.

In other transfer news, both of Rlips young signings arrived: Niklas Dressel a 17 year old German signed from Bayern Munich for £100K, and Marcelo an 18 year old Brazilian signed for £4K from Gremio.

Our chairman continued to accept bids for our players, with Bayern Munich's £7.5M Bandito bid somewhat surprisingly being accepted by the chairman who thought it was 'too good to turn down'.

Players released on a free were: Henrik Moller, Ding Wei, Milun Stevanovic and Chopper.

I felt that we had too many strikers, so I sold Tomas Kucernak to Spurs for £4M. The only other player i've sold so far was another player I felt wasn't needed. Taro Eijiri was sold to Athletico Madrid for £3.7M*.

Now, your wondering what the * is for aren't you. Now this was surprising, as Athletico seemed so desperate for Taro Eijiri they even through in a fairly promising 18 year old Central defender, free of charge! Ignacio Carzola. Granted he might not be the best young prospect we have, but he's capped at U19 level, and for nothing, he's not a bad 'signing'.

Overall a fairly exciting pre-season, and I believe we can look to achieve a good season this year.

Transfer Screenie, just for the record.

Interesting stuff. Got to be honest here and say I'm not overly impressed by Dupois. Poor heading and jumping especially mean I wouldn't trust him at centre-back, plus I'd rather see us spend money like that on promising youngsters. The German looks like he could develop though.

Shame about Bandito, I think that's actually less than we paid for him. Not for the first time, the AI lets us down with illogical decisions. Pity we didn't get more for Ejiri (one of my favourites) or Kucernak (who was the Golden Boot winner a few years back for us), but the squad probably needs pruned back anyway.

Good luck with the rest of the season

not overly impressed with the defender either but stats aren't always everything.... Agree with the sale of Kucernak, who was no longer required in my opinion. Ejiri was also unhappy so i guess it was right to take the cash while you could. Cazorla looks like a pretty good freebie also.

keep up the good work.

Ten Ton 2030-31, August Update

August was again, a very interesting month. After much deliberation, I let Cook go for £20M to Barcelona. He wasn't as good as other options we had, and he wanted to go, so that £20M can go to either me spending it in January, or for the next person in charge. The only other players to leave in August were, Giovanni Garofalo who went to our Feeder Coventry on loan, and John Pendleton who went to Stoke on a bosman. Transfer screenie.

After experimenting with tactics in pre-season, i've decided to stick with a 4-4-2 as my main formation throughout the season. I've also removed both Benoit and da Silva's nicknames as the * were really annoying me. If anyone isn't happy with this then I will be more than happy to put the nicknames back before I upload the game when i've finished the season. Champions League wise, we drew AA Gent in the 3rd knockout round, the 2 games were played this month.

Games:

Premier Division Game 1

Stoke 1-2 Ten Ton

After going behind early on, we didn't really take any of our chances until da Silva equalised fairly late on. Luckily substitute Bakary Keita managed to rescue a late win for Ten Ton, giving us our first win, in our first game.

Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Leg 1

Ten Ton 4-1 AA Gent

A match we were always going to dominate, after a first half da Silva hat-trick, and a Larruzea free-kick AA Gent could only manage a consolation goal, from Kris Mathy.

Premier Division Game 2

Blackburn 2-2 Ten Ton

I was a bit surprised when Blackburn got an early 1-0 lead, as up until then we had dominated. Josu Larruzea equalized just before half-time to give us a boost going into the second half. However, Blackburn then went 2-1 up through Ludovic Lopez. It took a late equalizer from the man of the moment, Josu Larruzea to scramble a point out of a disappointing match.

Premier Division Game 3

Ten Ton 3-2 Portsmouth

We deserved to win this game definitely, however we really shouldn't have conceded their second, it was almost as if our defence had switched off for the last few moments of the game. Luckily for us, Portsmouth didn't go onto grab an equalizer.

Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Leg 2

AA Gent 0-4 Ten Ton

Like the first leg, without being to harsh on Gent, we dominated the match and fully deserved our resounding victory, to put us through 8-1 on aggregate. It was also good to see Benoit score a hat-trick as before this match he hadn't really been playing like he had in Rlips season imo.

Premier Division Game 4

Ten Ton 1-0 Fulham

I didn't think we played that well, we never looked like conceded, but apart from Puelle's free-kick, we never really did much attacking-wise either.

-

So after an eventful August, we sit 2nd in the table with a game in hand to leaders Everton. Elsewhere we have drawn Championship side Norwich in the League Cup 3rd Round. However, in the Champions League we received perhaps the worst group we could have had. Real Madrid, Lyon and Fiorentina. It will be very tough, but if anyone can lead the club through it, it's Paul Wallace.

Good start Paul, i'm hopeful of a successful season ahead. I must admit I thought £9m on a 29 year old with ok stats was a bit steep, but hey ho you're the manager!

Ejiri and Kucernak sale values were a tad disappointing as they were star preformers for me a few seasons ago, although they may have been getting on a bit.

Good luck Paul and it's good to see this thread still going.

Ten Ton 2030-31, September Update

September was a very successful month for the Northern Monkeys, winning every single game they played...

Premier Division Game 5 -

Ten Ton 5-2 Bolton

Despite going 2-0 down early on, the second half saw us score score 4 goals, to get our first win of the month.

Premier Division Game 6 -

Man Utd 0-2 Ten Ton

Despite Man Utd being predicted to finish 17th this season, there was always going to be that Old Trafford atmosphere about the game. Luckily 2 goals from Benoit gave us a nice away win.

Champions Cup Group Game 1 -

Ten Ton 6-2 Real Madrid

A Game we went into hoping to get a point, shockingly we came out with one of the best wins in our history. Shocking stuff it was.

Premier Division Game 7 -

Ten Ton 3-1 West Brom

A game in which we dominated, I was very surprised we only scored 3, we could have scored at least 6 from the chances we had.

League Cup 3rd Round -

Norwich 2-3 Ten Ton

I decided to give the fringe players a chance to play in this match, and they returned my favour by scoring 3 goals. Despite a somewhat late Norwich fight-back, and 8 minutes of injury time, they hung on to get us through to the next round.

Premier Division Game 8 -

Ten Ton 2-0 Reading

A hard game with Reading saw us pick up the 3 points, despite having 2 players get injured.

-

Cedric Sanchez twisted his knee and will be out for 2 weeks. Whilst Harm Meijer suffered a gash head, and will out for a week. In the League Cup, we have drawn Championship Aldershot. Xavier Langlois won the Young Player of the Month. Whilst good ol' Paul Wallace picked up the Manager of the Month. The table shows 9 matches being played as i've since played a further league game.

Ten Ton 2030-31, October Update

October wasn't as good as September, we lost our first game of the season, and also lost players to injury.

Champions Cup Group Match 2

Lyon 5-1 Ten Ton

we've gone from picking up one of our best victories in the Champions League, to potentially the worse. We were awful, just plain awful. Lyon took their chances, and we didn't take ours. To top it off da Silva was injured, which put him out for the rest of October.

Premier Division Game 10

Ten Ton 5-0 Liverpool

We bounced back from our horrific Champions League defeat spectacularly, Benoit was simply amazing. Puelle's injury put him out for 2 months, a big loss to the club defensively.

Champions Cup Group Game 3

Ten Ton 4-0 Fiorentina

Another fantastic Champions League display from Benoit, and a penalty from Penarrubia saw us take all 3 points.

Premier Division Game 11

Southampton 0-1 Ten Ton

We were pretty poor, if not for a substitute Fazekas goal, we would only have taken away a point.

League Cup 4th Round

Ten Ton 2-2 Aldershot (Aldershot win 2-1 on Pens)

I played the fringe players again, and despite our early exit from the tournament, I don't regret playing the fringe players one bit.

-

At the end of October the table looked like this we still have a very comfortable lead, and are unbeaten. Meanwhile in the Champions League the group looks like this it's very tight, and we will definitely have to beat either Fiorentina or Real Madrid to have a good chance of making it through.

Just noticed Puelle is injured and a big loss? that guy still at the club and a star player? I bought him a while ago now for like £100k or something, any chance of a screenshot? would be great to see Langlois & the french dr/wb/mr (Metellec? or something like that) screenshots if you have the time mate. Good business on Cook too, £20m is a great return, I liked him but he definitely wasn't world class.

Might be a bit time consuming but it would be nice if you posted SS of your preferred starting 11, just for the guys like me, who haven't played the save in a while, to see if our signings have developed and the current standard of the team. Only if you have the time though matey.

Puelle and Langlois are both regular starters, as is Le Mentec who in my opinion is easily one of our key players, he may not score many or get as many assists, but he is always there and there abouts, and without his pace down the right wing we wouldn't have scored as many goals as we had. I'll post the screenies of my preferred starting 11 at the half-way stage :thup:

Puelle and Langlois are both regular starters, as is Le Mentec who in my opinion is easily one of our key players, he may not score many or get as many assists, but he is always there and there abouts, and without his pace down the right wing we wouldn't have scored as many goals as we had. I'll post the screenies of my preferred starting 11 at the half-way stage :thup:

Nice one appreciate that. Good to hear that they are all regulars these days, just keen to see how they came on.

Bermy, played the demo myself and much prefer FM08 as I find a massive waiting time on games and a jumpy 2d pitch (probs because I don't have a high spec laptop). I am still keen to continue with the challenge until you think the switch is necessary.

Archived