Son in youth academy?

Just thinking about this, i have unfortunately never had any mini me's come through the ranks but could this whole system not be a potential conflict of interests?

For instance, i would most probably be tempted to play my progeny, rubbish or not, in most of my games just top try and make him a world beater, after all you need to support the kids don't you? Therefore it could concievably happen that i am keeping a sub par player in my squads because he's my son. I would quite like other team members to slate me in the press for this, e.g.

"Elano has accused Matt Price of professional Bias in the wake of Lil Johnny Price's selection in the Manchester derby this weekend, Elano feels that Lil Johnny's recent performances do not warrant a place in the first team and went on to imply that his inclusion in the squad is based on his relationship with the manager."

I like this idea, always thought the media aspect needed an overhaul.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> It happens IRL...The Croatian manager had his son in the team and was accused of favouring him.</pre>

But that was because it was the krancjars.The son was niko krancjar,currently @ pompey n is a real talent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Chosen One:

finished my 3rd season at Arsenal and my assman told me the intake of the new youth academy. The best player he picked up is a 16 year old somalian (I am from Somalia too) his name is Saad Mohamed (mine in the game Mohamed Ahmed) but I think he doest have me in Fav list. He has absolutely fantastic skills though.

Please tell me how should I know if he is my son (god IRL this would have been embarrasing)?

By the way.. In the game I am 32 and he is 16. I clearly didnt do in my 16th bday. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm... maybe you did... "gasp" icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhhhh... dnt say that too loud. my gf knows this website too.

just wondering... if you were that desperate to have a son in the game... surely you could save the game just before your intake of new youth players and keep reloading it until one of those players is your son? i'm talking theoretically here. instead of waiting years and years you could do it as soon as possible. it is random after all isn't it? because i hear some people get their son when they are only 35, others never do. maybe we could beat the system? thats if you really did want to spend all your time trying to get a son in the game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nk86:

just wondering... if you were that desperate to have a son in the game... surely you could save the game just before your intake of new youth players and keep reloading it until one of those players is your son? i'm talking theoretically here. instead of waiting years and years you could do it as soon as possible. it is random after all isn't it? because i hear some people get their son when they are only 35, others never do. maybe we could beat the system? thats if you really did want to spend all your time trying to get a son in the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my son finally arrived. My surname, not that common, a guy came into my youth ranks with it. He didn't have me as fave person untill about 2 weeks after he was "born" into the game, but now he does. So I'm saying hes my son icon_biggrin.gif

(Even if it has to be addopted son)

Only problem is. Hes rubbish. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nk86:

just wondering... if you were that desperate to have a son in the game... surely you could save the game just before your intake of new youth players and keep reloading it until one of those players is your son? i'm talking theoretically here. instead of waiting years and years you could do it as soon as possible. it is random after all isn't it? because i hear some people get their son when they are only 35, others never do. maybe we could beat the system? thats if you really did want to spend all your time trying to get a son in the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my son finally arrived. My surname, not that common, a guy came into my youth ranks with it. He didn't have me as fave person untill about 2 weeks after he was "born" into the game, but now he does. So I'm saying hes my son icon_biggrin.gif

(Even if it has to be addopted son)

Only problem is. Hes rubbish. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

assigned him very good training.. plus play him matches... if you have good coaches and in good team.. he would turn to be a decent player and thats all you need him to play. As long as he doesnt score own goals or leak goals like crazy (if he is keeper). icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck with ya and your son.

Technically this should work. Although I've just read something from Ched saying he tried this about 40 times and still never managed to get a son through.

It happens IRL...The Croatian manager had his son in the team and was accused of favouring him.

But that was because it was the krancjars.The son was niko krancjar,currently @ pompey n is a real talent.

gota love the media for accusing him of favouring niko even though he is one of the best croatian players in the nt.

FYI i just found my son while browsing my reserves im 43 and have been at my club for 4 years. proudest moment of my life at 13. Im getting all gready now i want twins does anyone no if thats possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harry_Pontek:

Offspring in the game? It should have wedding followed by your wife pregnant, you miss the game because of going to hospital to welcome your son and then slowly nurtured him through the ranks. The Harry_Pontek played FM07 until he is about 60 years old without having any offspring. It will be a nice surprise if he has one in FM08 though. Take a deep breath and everything will turn out just fine.

Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and HaveADaughterInRealLifeTek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with you?

Anyway I'm in FM 07 I'm up to 2029 and still no son icon_frown.gif been with one club for 11 years now

Never had a son in the game either! 5th year at a lower league club, I'm 41 in the game. Nice feature though.

Question for anyone who's ever had a son in the game...when he first appeared, was he the one that your assistant recommended? For example did it say "player X is one of the better players from this year's intake" etc.

after many hours, never really paid much attention but this does bring up something I have not seen mentioned anywhere.

If managers in the game can have sons, do the greats of today, Rooney, Ronaldo, Persie, Adabayour and the like also have sons come up later once they are old enough and possibly retire?

Just a thought

Peace

Persie? Adabayour?

I guess you not an Arsenal fan, as its van Persie and Adebayor (sorry to be pickyicon_wink.gif)

Ive got a player in my youth academy with mylast name, yet its my coach not me on his fav. personal!

My evil wife, and that coach is getting the sack!

Bah! Its my name on the birth certificate, so Alex is my kid! AND THAT COACH IS PAYING ME COMPENSATION!

Well, i know hes not, but who cares? I love him like he;s my ownicon_biggrin.gif

Oops, forgot the Van and no, not an Arsenal fan, Man Utd but oh well, would be cool to see that happen. Get comments from famous dads that have retired, would really make the son thing more realistic and more interesting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ive got a player in my youth academy with mylast name, yet its my coach not me on his fav. personal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had the same mate. I'm Craig Douglas, he is David Douglas. Had my Ass Man as fave person for about 3 days, then it changed to me. icon_biggrin.gif

He IS my son.

Archived