sherica- 4-3-3. plug and play, no tweaks needed!!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have tried this tactic for a little while now. The last 5-10 matches of the first season and i have now played 12 in the PL and 6 cup matches of the second season on my Liverpool save. Im 1st in the PL with 9W 3D 0L, and 27 - 8 goal difference. Im 1st in my CL group with 4W 0D 0L, and 11 - 4 goal difference. Also won 2 difficult away games in the Carling Cup with my second best team. So its looking good so far :)

However my strikers are struggling. In the last 3 matches ive had 15 CCC! and only scored 4 goals. So the problem i had in the start with FM10 is coming back for full now. My strikers probably score 1 of every 5 one on one with the keeper, and thats just terrible. The superkeepers are back :( Its not like i have bad strikers and im usually starting with Rossi on the left, Balotelli in the middle and Torres at the right. Ill give the updated tactic a go from now on.

Its not like 27 goals in 12 PL matches is bad, im not saying that. But it should have been so much more with all the CCC im creating. Kinda feels like the ME is holding me back here so i wount get too far ahead. Annoying as hell. Ill keep testing and reporting though.

Have tried this tactic for a little while now. The last 5-10 matches of the first season and i have now played 12 in the PL and 6 cup matches of the second season on my Liverpool save. Im 1st in the PL with 9W 3D 0L, and 27 - 8 goal difference. Im 1st in my CL group with 4W 0D 0L, and 11 - 4 goal difference. Also won 2 difficult away games in the Carling Cup with my second best team. So its looking good so far :)

However my strikers are struggling. In the last 3 matches ive had 15 CCC! and only scored 4 goals. So the problem i had in the start with FM10 is coming back for full now. My strikers probably score 1 of every 5 one on one with the keeper, and thats just terrible. The superkeepers are back :( Its not like i have bad strikers and im usually starting with Rossi on the left, Balotelli in the middle and Torres at the right. Ill give the updated tactic a go from now on.

Its not like 27 goals in 12 PL matches is bad, im not saying that. But it should have been so much more with all the CCC im creating. Kinda feels like the ME is holding me back here so i wount get too far ahead. Annoying as hell. Ill keep testing and reporting though.

try using Torres as the center striker and Balotelli as the right striker. The center ST is more of a target man and the right ST should be a pacey finisher. also i think the team still need more time to gel and get used to the tactic. Soon they will have no problem scoring. check out the screenshots below ^^

I rarely try download tactics, but thought I'd give this a go in one of my pre-season matches. Whilst my Newcastle side were fairly competent in all matches, grabbing a couple of wins, a couple of draws, they were generally weak up front. Tried this tactic and within 20mins (on pitch) they were looking a different class! Absolutely storming, passing the ball beautifully, quite direct, always on the attack... I guess that comes from the Overload setting. It works well with Counter for a breather, then switching back up to Overload when I felt under pressure.

I'm not a fan of narrow style tactics though, it just doesn't 'look' right to me :D

Will look at the settings and see if I can transfer some of the knowledge into a new tactic for my team (well, I can hardly use my own limp tactics after trying this out!).

Very interesting.. Can you tell us how the formation looks like?

formationj.jpg

I rarely try download tactics, but thought I'd give this a go in one of my pre-season matches. Whilst my Newcastle side were fairly competent in all matches, grabbing a couple of wins, a couple of draws, they were generally weak up front. Tried this tactic and within 20mins (on pitch) they were looking a different class! Absolutely storming, passing the ball beautifully, quite direct, always on the attack... I guess that comes from the Overload setting. It works well with Counter for a breather, then switching back up to Overload when I felt under pressure.

I'm not a fan of narrow style tactics though, it just doesn't 'look' right to me :D

Will look at the settings and see if I can transfer some of the knowledge into a new tactic for my team (well, I can hardly use my own limp tactics after trying this out!).

yes! Winning is additive xDD

I rarely use the weird formation tactics, but i may as well give this a go with Hoffenheim what harm can it do? :)

let me know how it goes for you. but at the very least you must have the correct kind of player in each position.

sherica

have u ever try center striker(SC) as attacking midfielfder (AMC)? with the same duity?

you need to play with 3 strikers to fully stretch the opposition defense.

Sherica,how do you play in away matches?

You turn it to attacking or control?Or you leave it in overload option?

regardless home or away and who im up against with i leave it as Overload from the start. only when im protecting a slender lead i change it to "Standard" around the 70mins mark and "Contain" on the dying minutes. but even if you leave it on Overload throughout the 90mins(which i did most of the time) you can kill teams by counter attacking them when they are searching for an equalizer.

Guys! im still on 11.1 please help me try it on 11.2, and let me know how it goes. im sure it will work out great!

Ok, Sherica, I've tested your tactic with Hereford United in League Two.

First, the setting as it was my second season at the helm in Edgar Street:

During my first season in charge I've used my own tactics, until November it went smoothly, sitting third in the league. Then the downfall began as my opponents seemed to have cracked my tactics, November-December 2010 I was losing one game after another.

Then I've started testing tactics from people on this board. Some gave me nothing but more misery, others helped my team, most only for a short spell of time.

First season we finished 19th, 54 points, never been in relegation trouble, everybody happy and I got a new contract.

The financial status of the club was in such a bad shape that the board decreased the wage budget from 90 k € / month to 74 k € / month. No transfer money was allowed. I didn't extend any finished contracts as most players didn't want to take a serious pay cut, not even after I found the option in which you can ask a player to lower his wage demands if not a new deal isn't in the pipeline. 2 of them got it right and signed new, lower deals, the others left leaving me with a squad of 9 experienced players, 4 loanies and 2 goalkeepers. I've added 4 youngsters from the U-18 squad to start the new season as being relegation favourites nr. 1 .

No money, very small squad, in case of injuries only 1 or 2 positions were covered in a way the loss of quality was minimal.

Second season I've erased all downloaded tactics and I began to create my own again. However, during pre-season I was losing in such a sad manner that I became desperate. Back on here I've looked in this thread and I gave it a go. As being the one and only tactic I would use, I've took your V.2

In the beginning, on match preparation I've met "automatism" (don't know how it's named in English as I play in Dutch) , and, to be short, as this post is becoming too long, I've finished second in the league, 46 games played, 25 victories, 11 draws, 10 defeats, 85 goals scored, 50 against. 86 points and no title because Oxford United stayed undefeated for 24 games in a row becoming League Two champions with 98 points. Still, Stockport, third in the league, achieved 78 points, 4th being Southend having 73 points. Now I'm in League One, the wage budget was increased (in fact it's doubled) and I managed to got some talented players on a free. I'm predicted to go straight down again just like the season before in League Two, however, 15 games so far in this new season and I'm top of the league, 12 victories, 2 draws, only 1 defeat (against Southampton away, 2-1, as Southampton being touted as league favourites)

All this thanks to your tactic. You know, I play CM/FM since the early beginning, in the past, as a student, I've got loads of time to play. In the mean time I became an adult man, I'm married, have to work, got kids, so the amount of playing time decreased drastically. When I have a brief moment of time to play, I prefer to grab a plug&play tactic so I can quickly play a couple of matches instead of spending hours in tweaking my own tactics to the perfection, just because if I do it like that, a season takes ages before it's finished. Therefore I'm happy people like you still find the time to test and share it with us, even if people are saying your tactic's based on the one of Mr. Hough in FM10 you don't have to care, as people seem to forget in football you can't get 1000 different formations.

For me, your tactic is doing wonders. Lower League of World Class teams, it seems to fit perfectly to whoever you play with.

I have a bit to report too....

After playing 2 season as Arsenal manager, won 2 leagues; and 3 yrs as Liverpool manager, won everything....(both with my own tactics) I went on to play with Nancy, a medium or just below standard team in France for a new challenge.

My tactics was so unstable and not pretty to play with so i tried also many differnet ones.

Sold most of my players in order buy the ones that I needed for this tactics, I have a little trick to use so that I paid nothing for any players. Its not cheat but just a bug in this game.

Now I am in my 2nd season and sitting 2nd just 10pts below the almighty Lyon....very nice tactics to play around with....

@Cali

im glad that my tactic helped you found joy again in playing FM and that you are able to spend more time with ur wife and kids. but beware! winning is additive!!

After playing 2 season as Arsenal manager, won 2 leagues; and 3 yrs as Liverpool manager, won everything....(both with my own tactics) I went on to play with Nancy, a medium or just below standard team in France for a new challenge.

My tactics was so unstable and not pretty to play with so i tried also many differnet ones.

Sold most of my players in order buy the ones that I needed for this tactics, I have a little trick to use so that I paid nothing for any players. Its not cheat but just a bug in this game.

Now I am in my 2nd season and sitting 2nd just 10pts below the almighty Lyon....very nice tactics to play around with....

hopefully next season you are able to overtake Lyon as the new Ligue 1 champion ^^

i guess you did! congrats on your Treble xDDDDD

dont mind can you upload the screenshots?? thanks!!

I ask to fill in tactics on deposit.com

http://depositfiles.com/files/pmaq660u2

just for you :)

Ok, Sherica, I've tested your tactic with Hereford United in League Two.

First, the setting as it was my second season at the helm in Edgar Street:

During my first season in charge I've used my own tactics, until November it went smoothly, sitting third in the league. Then the downfall began as my opponents seemed to have cracked my tactics, November-December 2010 I was losing one game after another.

Then I've started testing tactics from people on this board. Some gave me nothing but more misery, others helped my team, most only for a short spell of time.

First season we finished 19th, 54 points, never been in relegation trouble, everybody happy and I got a new contract.

The financial status of the club was in such a bad shape that the board decreased the wage budget from 90 k € / month to 74 k € / month. No transfer money was allowed. I didn't extend any finished contracts as most players didn't want to take a serious pay cut, not even after I found the option in which you can ask a player to lower his wage demands if not a new deal isn't in the pipeline. 2 of them got it right and signed new, lower deals, the others left leaving me with a squad of 9 experienced players, 4 loanies and 2 goalkeepers. I've added 4 youngsters from the U-18 squad to start the new season as being relegation favourites nr. 1 .

No money, very small squad, in case of injuries only 1 or 2 positions were covered in a way the loss of quality was minimal.

Second season I've erased all downloaded tactics and I began to create my own again. However, during pre-season I was losing in such a sad manner that I became desperate. Back on here I've looked in this thread and I gave it a go. As being the one and only tactic I would use, I've took your V.2

In the beginning, on match preparation I've met "automatism" (don't know how it's named in English as I play in Dutch) , and, to be short, as this post is becoming too long, I've finished second in the league, 46 games played, 25 victories, 11 draws, 10 defeats, 85 goals scored, 50 against. 86 points and no title because Oxford United stayed undefeated for 24 games in a row becoming League Two champions with 98 points. Still, Stockport, third in the league, achieved 78 points, 4th being Southend having 73 points. Now I'm in League One, the wage budget was increased (in fact it's doubled) and I managed to got some talented players on a free. I'm predicted to go straight down again just like the season before in League Two, however, 15 games so far in this new season and I'm top of the league, 12 victories, 2 draws, only 1 defeat (against Southampton away, 2-1, as Southampton being touted as league favourites)

All this thanks to your tactic. You know, I play CM/FM since the early beginning, in the past, as a student, I've got loads of time to play. In the mean time I became an adult man, I'm married, have to work, got kids, so the amount of playing time decreased drastically. When I have a brief moment of time to play, I prefer to grab a plug&play tactic so I can quickly play a couple of matches instead of spending hours in tweaking my own tactics to the perfection, just because if I do it like that, a season takes ages before it's finished. Therefore I'm happy people like you still find the time to test and share it with us, even if people are saying your tactic's based on the one of Mr. Hough in FM10 you don't have to care, as people seem to forget in football you can't get 1000 different formations.

For me, your tactic is doing wonders. Lower League of World Class teams, it seems to fit perfectly to whoever you play with.

this sounds good as i was about to dismiss this tactic as look what ive won with arsenal!! might start my fcum or hucknall town save now!!

Thanks Sherica, awesome tactics mate! Tested with my Leeds team in second season and the results have been wonderful. Finished 4th with only 3 points behind the champions (lost on the final day away to Arsenal :( ).

I have one report to make: no matter who I play at DR/DL position, they always seem to underperform as compared to the rest of the team. Even when the whole team gets rated>7 they are regularly below 6.5. And the full backs I have used are Digne, Vrasljko, Urby Emanuelson, Andoni Iraola. Am I missing something here? Do I need to tweak some of the individual settings (make them more defensive, maybe?).

Thanks Sherica, awesome tactics mate! Tested with my Leeds team in second season and the results have been wonderful. Finished 4th with only 3 points behind the champions (lost on the final day away to Arsenal :( ).

I have one report to make: no matter who I play at DR/DL position, they always seem to underperform as compared to the rest of the team. Even when the whole team gets rated>7 they are regularly below 6.5. And the full backs I have used are Digne, Vrasljko, Urby Emanuelson, Andoni Iraola. Am I missing something here? Do I need to tweak some of the individual settings (make them more defensive, maybe?).

hmm. usually when the team is winning 2-0 3-0 etc my fullback get pretty decent rating, even if they dont provide any assists. IMO i dont think the player rating is the most accurate way of judging match performances for individual. of course you are free to do any tweaking you like but i wouldn't change a winning formula to achieve better figures. Btw what's the average number of tackles for your FB?

what patch is this?

work for both 11.1 and 11.2

nice tactic sherica, what teamtalks do you use btw?

in particular away from home? I'd be interested to hear which teamtalks you use as well vitoco77 as well if thats okay

my team talk is 70% base from Wolfsong Teamtalk Guide.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/183599-WoIfsong-s-Teamtalk-Guide-2010

but 80% of the time i use 'Wish Luck' against almost anyone. and 'For the Fans' when im facing against derby/rivals.

vitoco77 what is the little trick you have been using?????

Also going to use this tactic when I eventually get the game. Got to wait for Xmas :(

hey, what match prep and workload should i use for this tactic? and after they have gelled and become fluid what do i use? or do i set it to none?

Another question, if you dont mind:) I have Rooney , Benzeema and Robinho upfront, what order should i play them in? like in what positions?

thanks mate, this tactic has been a beast!

sorry another question! are nearly all the players supposed to be up the top end of the pitch when attacking corners and freekicks, it leaves me so open to counter attacks. i was all over lyon but they ended up winning because they would punt it to lopez who was literally the only play in my half and score from a one on one with the keeper. i lost the match 3-2 :S

hey, what match prep and workload should i use for this tactic? and after they have gelled and become fluid what do i use? or do i set it to none?

Another question, if you dont mind:) I have Rooney , Benzeema and Robinho upfront, what order should i play them in? like in what positions?

thanks mate, this tactic has been a beast!

Dont u get bored to have these 3 strikers?! Anyway I would put Rooney on the right, Ben in the middle...

ONce they are gelled, I put workload on normal or less if you want. I am using zero sea training and it works a wonder.

Regarding buying players, this is the trick:

1) Bid if the player will play more than 20 international

2) then bid if he scores more than 50 goals

3) Bid if they play more than 50 league games

4) finally bid by installments

Its not something new, but I use Nancy and I bought my whole team on 80M each, however paid nothing....after roughly 2 season, they shouldn't have more than 20 internationals, nor scored 50 LEAGUE goals, nor 50 games, I sell them and I get the money in cash!

Besides, I kept buying better players and I had more and more money...don't forget I started with Nancy!!!

There is another trick, how to pay just a peanut to your players...

in Patch 11.2 with the new ME has seemingly bust a part of this tactic...with v2 of the tactic I was conceding a lot less at corners but with 11.2 I am now conceding at nearly every corner! Apart from that this tactic still works wonders in 11.2...top of the league after 23 games in a new game with Aberdeen.

Dont u get bored to have these 3 strikers?! Anyway I would put Rooney on the right, Ben in the middle...

ONce they are gelled, I put workload on normal or less if you want. I am using zero sea training and it works a wonder.

Regarding buying players, this is the trick:

1) Bid if the player will play more than 20 international

2) then bid if he scores more than 50 goals

3) Bid if they play more than 50 league games

4) finally bid by installments

Its not something new, but I use Nancy and I bought my whole team on 80M each, however paid nothing....after roughly 2 season, they shouldn't have more than 20 internationals, nor scored 50 LEAGUE goals, nor 50 games, I sell them and I get the money in cash!

Besides, I kept buying better players and I had more and more money...don't forget I started with Nancy!!!

There is another trick, how to pay just a peanut to your players...

How does that work? Buying players for £80 million each because even if you put the claues in you need to have the £80 million in transfer funds to complete the deal.

You CANNOT sign a player for £10 million after 20 internation apperances for less than £10 millon as you need the £10 million in the transfer funds to complete the deal!!!!

How does that work? Buying players for £80 million each because even if you put the claues in you need to have the £80 million in transfer funds to complete the deal.

You CANNOT sign a player for £10 million after 20 internation apperances for less than £10 millon as you need the £10 million in the transfer funds to complete the deal!!!!

just try it...i can just say....you are wrong and you dont need to....even for installment youdon't need to have the money in ur bank...

just try it...i can just say....you are wrong and you dont need to....even for installment youdon't need to have the money in ur bank...

For a deal over 48 months, you need to have 25% of it in your bank. The rest of the money is taken out each month. If you buy too many players over 48 months, it will seriously **** your finances up in the future. Stop going around and spreading this ******** that you're buying players for nothing, when you really are paying the money.

vitoco is right. You not need to have cash in transfer funds for: Bid if they play more than 50 league games but you have to if you chose: 40, 30, 20, 10 or 1 league games. That's for sure, and this bug/exploit is already known since fm 2009.

vitoco is right. You not need to have cash in transfer funds for: Bid if they play more than 50 league games but you have to if you chose: 40, 30, 20, 10 or 1 league games. That's for sure, and this bug/exploit is is already known since fm 2009.

I agree, that is a way of not paying for players, but there is too reasons why I wouldn't use it; a. would majorly disrupt squad harmony by never playing a player for more than 50 games, constant selling and buying and b. purposely exploiting a bug to your advantage isn't the way I'd want to play a football manager simulator.

Archived