FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't had a look at your file but from what I see in the picture you have listed it as a competition in American Samoa. Instead you should have a Continent File with the competition in there and nowhere else.

Thanks mate, I don't know what to do about this? In the editor it is saved as 'Nation: none' 'Continent: Oceania' so it shouldn't come up, it's just saved in the American Samoa nation rule file. If I remove the custom nation rules and keep the cup should it work?

Also how do I add it to a continent file, I've looked through the list of Continent Files but I don't know where to put it so it will come up under the 'Oceania' tab in the 'World' Menu.

Have you made sure to add all competitions? because Portugal has Division 2 aswell, you only have the top 2 leagues and no Division 2.

I can't figure out how to add it because I don't know how to add several competitions that are all on the same level (north, south, and central). But it shouldn't matter. In my Spain, Italy, and Brazil files I didn't add the lower competitions and it was OK. Also, what about the Russia and Ukraine files? Both of those had all their competitions added and still didn't work.

http://uploading.com/files/39858bm4/ukrexperiment.xml/

http://uploading.com/files/97bm178a/rusexperiment.xml/

Do you think it's a possibility that you can't use the Advanced rules with those nations (Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Belgium, Uruguay, probably some others)? Something hardwired into the game maybe?

Thanks for your help, it's very late my time so I'm going to bed but I'll work on it more in the morning before work to see if I can figure something out. I tried saving it as a .dbc and that didn't work either.

Thanks mate, I don't know what to do about this? In the editor it is saved as 'Nation: none' 'Continent: Oceania' so it shouldn't come up, it's just saved in the American Samoa nation rule file. If I remove the custom nation rules and keep the cup should it work?

Also how do I add it to a continent file, I've looked through the list of Continent Files but I don't know where to put it so it will come up under the 'Oceania' tab in the 'World' Menu.

I've checked this again: If I choose to be the American Samoa manager in the game, then this happens:

95u9ec.jpg

If I start unemployed, then the top menubar is as it should be, but there is no mention of the South Pacific Cup in the game other than in the competition reputation list. And I still can't click on it to work!

I'm not sure whether I have to edit anything outside the editor- i.e. one of the xml files, if I do, then which ones?

Put it in Competitions under Continent so it comes up.

You should also make sure not to use Nation Rules or Club Continental Rules as they override the Advanced Rules.

Hello, everyone. Can anybody tell me why in my reserve leagues (set up as mirroring the main division) the team that's listed first alphabetically always marked as champion (with the letter 'C') from the start? Is there any way to control this? (the fate action or anything else)

I can't figure out how to add it because I don't know how to add several competitions that are all on the same level (north, south, and central). But it shouldn't matter. In my Spain, Italy, and Brazil files I didn't add the lower competitions and it was OK. Also, what about the Russia and Ukraine files? Both of those had all their competitions added and still didn't work.

http://uploading.com/files/39858bm4/ukrexperiment.xml/

http://uploading.com/files/97bm178a/rusexperiment.xml/

Do you think it's a possibility that you can't use the Advanced rules with those nations (Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Belgium, Uruguay, probably some others)? Something hardwired into the game maybe?

Thanks for your help, it's very late my time so I'm going to bed but I'll work on it more in the morning before work to see if I can figure something out. I tried saving it as a .dbc and that didn't work either.

I found out something new...don't set the foreign players in match squad rule to "equals" 0. It doesn't work. The rule appears on the screen under rules, and you can't select foreigners in your match squad, but there's a whole set of other problems. I couldn't start a match even when I did have 0 foreigners in my squad (it would say no more than 0 foreigners in the match squad and that I had 0, and wouldn't let me forward). You could get around this by holidaying, and they would use foreigners. Also, all of the other teams were able to use foreigners in their matches for some reason. When I changed it to "less than" 0, it worked fine. The problem is though that if you don't put the division on 'playable,' the rule doesn't have any effect. It appears to, and if you go to the team's squad, none of their foreign players are in the lineup (says foreign on their status), but when you click on their stats, you see that they've been playing the whole season (very annoying, because my computer isn't good enough to have a large database).

Another issue is that the players don't mind sitting on the bench for whatever reason. I looked at all of the foreign stars in the league that hadn't played a game, and they were completely content. I thought that if I changed the foreigner rule to 1 that might change things (since they were eligible to play but benched in favor of another player), but it was still the same result. You would think the clubs would want to send them on loan or sell them, but they don't. So unfortunately, I think when I start this game I'm going to have to go into FMRTE and unsettle every foreign player in December for not playing enough.

Anyways, I still can't figure out these nations (Portugal, Ukraine, and Russia are the important ones, I don't care so much about Uruguay or Belgium). Has anyone successfully been able to edit the advanced rules for these nations????? I'm thinking there might be something hardwired into the .exe preventing us from doing so. If anyone has successfully edited the advanced rules of one of these three nations, please send me the file.

Also, how can you make a 0 foreigner rule for continental competitions? I followed the same formula as always but have been unable to get it to work. I don't get a crash dump or anything like that, but the 0 foreigner rule doesn't appear under rules when I look. Here's the file: http://uploading.com/files/f3c372ef/champsexperiment.xml/ If someone could take a look at it that would be great. How could I do this with the Club World Cup? It's not under a specific continent. Can you edit it with the advanced editor?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I promise that as soon as I get this figured out (0 foreigners in Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, and continental competitions) I will NEVER return here again, unless it is to answer someone else's questions. Thank you for your help.

Hello, is it possible to change the number of points for a draw or defeat in the nation rules ? (I don't use the advanced rules, it's so difficult for me for the moment)

Sorry for my English, I use google translation

Ask in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158116-The-Official-General-Database-Editing-Thread That's the thread for the regular editor, this is the one for the advanced editor. As for your question, I think you can do it (and I'm pretty sure I've seen where you can in the editor), but I've never tried so I'm not sure if it works or not. I can't read the French though so I can't really help you.

Nothing is working for me today on this, after creating a league from scratch yesterday I can't manage the seemingly simple task of getting it to use existing division rules. Everything I've tried (and I've made several small edits, but something has worked) has given a crash dump when on 'setting up competitions'.

I'm trying to get the Italian top 4 divisions as they are already in game, and then add Serie D and others to it. However, I can't even get Serie A on its own to work. I've done this, can anyone work out what's going wrong?

- Nation, Italy, Version 1. Base Year 2010, Season Update 30 June, Division Levels -> 0, Serie A, Default Division Level = 0.

-> Required Teams: Serie A = 20, Serie B = 22.

-> Competitions: Serie A = 0, Serie B = 'blank'

-> Fixture rules: 0 - blank

- Competition, Serie A, Domestic Division, Version 0.

-> Level 0, Year 2010, Year Interval 1, Base Year 2010, Date range: August 0 - May 1

- Competition, Serie B, Domestic Division, Version 0.

-> Level 1, Year 2010, Year Interval 1, Base Year 2010, Date range, offset: August 0 - June 1

I've also tried similar for Germany, and have looked at TADW's German file, and set the top 2 divisions up like that. Also, I've started with his file, and removed everything except the top 2 divisions, and still the game won't load. Any ideas of what I'm missing?

Ask in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158116-The-Official-General-Database-Editing-Thread That's the thread for the regular editor, this is the one for the advanced editor. As for your question, I think you can do it (and I'm pretty sure I've seen where you can in the editor), but I've never tried so I'm not sure if it works or not. I can't read the French though so I can't really help you.

Thank you for the answer

Nothing is working for me today on this, after creating a league from scratch yesterday I can't manage the seemingly simple task of getting it to use existing division rules. Everything I've tried (and I've made several small edits, but something has worked) has given a crash dump when on 'setting up competitions'.

I'm trying to get the Italian top 4 divisions as they are already in game, and then add Serie D and others to it. However, I can't even get Serie A on its own to work. I've done this, can anyone work out what's going wrong?

- Nation, Italy, Version 1. Base Year 2010, Season Update 30 June, Division Levels -> 0, Serie A, Default Division Level = 0.

-> Required Teams: Serie A = 20, Serie B = 22.

-> Competitions: Serie A = 0, Serie B = 'blank'

-> Fixture rules: 0 - blank

- Competition, Serie A, Domestic Division, Version 0.

-> Level 0, Year 2010, Year Interval 1, Base Year 2010, Date range: August 0 - May 1

- Competition, Serie B, Domestic Division, Version 0.

-> Level 1, Year 2010, Year Interval 1, Base Year 2010, Date range, offset: August 0 - June 1

I've also tried similar for Germany, and have looked at TADW's German file, and set the top 2 divisions up like that. Also, I've started with his file, and removed everything except the top 2 divisions, and still the game won't load. Any ideas of what I'm missing?

Hey, I've uploaded my Italy file for you...fraudiay79 made it for me as a template. http://uploading.com/files/39e3acc5/italy.xml/ It has Serie A and B, and you should be able to easily add in the lower ones. It works perfectly. The only thing wrong with it is that I made a rule so that there are 0 foreigners allowed. This can easily be changed by going into fixture rules under nation and changing it. Good luck.

I've made another interesting discovery: the domestic 0 foreigner rule actually seems to make teams avoid using foreigners in the Champions League. Inter hasn't used Eto'o, Lucio, Maicon, etc. in any of their Champions League group games yet (they've had 3). They used them at the Euro super cup at the beginning of the year but that was it. They do use Coutinho though, who someone has gotten around the foreigner rule even though he doesn't have Italian citizenship (unlike the other listed players, he appears in Inter's starting lineup). So I don't think I'm going to worry about making a 0 foreigner rule for the continental competitions. It seems to have sorted itself out.

So this is all I have left until I can play my database:

Portugal http://uploading.com/files/m2ebe819/porexperiment.xml/

Ukraine: http://uploading.com/files/39858bm4/ukrexperiment.xml/

Russia: http://uploading.com/files/97bm178a/rusexperiment.xml/

I've decided the rest don't matter that much. Come on advanced editor experts, help me with these three files and you'll be rid of me forever!!!!!!

Thanks, but it won't load for me - I'm getting the same crash dump as above, when it's setting up competitions.

I've just tried to load TADW's German file, and that has the same problem. Bizarrely, so does an attempt to load the normal Italian league, i.e without any editor data files selected. However, my created Guam file from yesterday works still.

Might I have an issue with the advanced panel? Though it seems strange that something created with it still works, while something not using it. I've not knowingly tampered with any other files.

EDIT: Forget that, everything above is working now, there were some files that should have been in the format folder that weren't. In theory, my file should load now...

EDIT 2: Yes, it works \o/.

Guys, I think I figured it out!

So with my old Spain file (the one where I imitated the Italy file from fraudiay79) I had set the competition versions to '0' once I discovered that this was the easier way to do things. I assumed it would have worked and never tried loading it but when I tried today, it didn't work: I got the same crash dump as always. So my hypothesis is that with some nations, you can do the advanced nation rules without having to re-create the competitions: Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Turkey, Greece, Argentina, Brazil, Chile (although it had scheduling issues, since I haven't figured out how to not make it start in July no matter what, even though I followed the exact same formula as MRT90's Brazil file and ricardo's Ecuador file), Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and Scotland (though I did these two using the techniques that mastermind described on the first page), etc. With other ones, you have to totally re-create the competitions to get the nation rules to work as well: Spain, Portugal, Uruguay, Belgium (I have a feeling Belgium won't work at all though), Ukraine, Russia, etc.

It's really late my time and I need to go to bed but I'll test out my hypothesis tomorrow after work (although if someone else wants to they're more than welcome). The problem is though that I have no idea how to re-create a league cup (the Italy example of course only had a normal style cup). Can someone please post one of their files that has a league cup in it? Thank you.

Note: editing the fre.xml file like described in the OP does NOT work. When I tried it and loaded it in the game, France was unavailable for selection, and the triangle with an exclamation point said that there were 59 nations instead of 58, or the other way around, something like that. I was able to edit it with the advanced rules just like the other nations though, luckily.

cr297 - I looked at your Italy file to help with my database problems. Do you have to include the cup competitions in the database? I dont want my national leagues to have any cup competitions so I thought not including them in the new nation/competition rules would exclude them. However when I delete the cup comps from the file they still show in game.

Do you have to include the cup comps to make the game work?

cr297 - I looked at your Italy file to help with my database problems. Do you have to include the cup competitions in the database? I dont want my national leagues to have any cup competitions so I thought not including them in the new nation/competition rules would exclude them. However when I delete the cup comps from the file they still show in game.

Do you have to include the cup comps to make the game work?

Interesting, I would have thought that if you didn't include the cups that they wouldn't have shown up in the game. When I didn't include Serie B in the file and then tried to load it in the game, it crashed. There should be a way to make it extinct somewhere, maybe even in the regular editor...I'd check but it's really late and I'm going to get to bed. I'll have a look tomorrow and see how you can disable a competition. I'm sure one of the experts here though could give you an answer right off the bat.

Hello all...

I have a question I'd like answered before I try to solve the killer sudoku the advanced editor is

I want to have the Euros, Copa America, etc in 2011, 13 etc and the world cup in 2012, 14, 16... Are these competitions editable at all?

Then I'd need to know which sections of the stage sections need filling and what do they mean (Stage ID, fate?)

Thanks a lot

It might not be extracting properly to the folder. Try extracting it to a folder in your documents, then copy it over.

It is there by default but it is not activated (you have to copy and paste the code into the File section.)

oh, i was extracting in the wrong folder, i've check it out and now it works; how can i make such a simple mistake :)

cr297

I'd like to know how the italy.xml file was created. In the comps folder there are no major Italian championships and so I do not know how to create them with the advanced editor: perhaps it was created with an editor for xml files?

In my quest to create a real-life competition structure for Holland, I've started from scratch to determine were things go wrong. So far, I've discovered that the custom database does not support the Dutch teams like - for instance - the English teams. Makes sense, probably because of the fact that the means of research in Holland are far less than in other countries.

But, that makes that some of the clubs in the lower tiers (Dutch Topklasse and Dutch Hoofdklasse, Tiers 3 and 4, are standard in the editor, but not playable in the game) do not exist and if they exist, the only data that is entered is some basic data for the clubs. No stadiums, no city, no attendance, etc.

When trying to make a database in the advanced editor for Holland, just using the custom database, the game crashes. It is my strong belief that is due to the missing data as mentioned.

So, next thing I'm gonna do is peel down the structure until it works. So, first I'm gonna eliminate the Hoofdklasse and try again. If that doesn't work, I will eliminate the Topklasse.

I will report back on my findings.

OK. How? He used the advanced editor or wrote the file with another software?

Yes, it was made using the advanced editor. But I can't take credit for it, fraudiay79 kindly made it for me as a template (I added in the transfer windows and disciplinary rules) so that I could make the other nations' advanced rules. He made it using the advanced editor. I think it pretty much represents Serie A and B exactly, unless there are some rules that I don't know about. It is important to note that for some nations, you don't have to re-create the competitions to get the nation rules to work (you add the competitions and set their version to 0). For others, it seems that you do have to re-create the competitions to get the nation rules to work.

Thanks for that quick reply before you hit the hay cr297. I even went into the database and set the competitions as extinct and they still show in the game.

Anyone else know how to delete competitions from appearing in game?

Hey, I have plans tonight and don't have time to figure it out until later, but I'm 99% sure you can because in editing threads I've heard people talk about deleting one competition and putting another in place of it. You might try looking here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f104/the-editing-help-thread-t47724.html or in the official database editing thread here. I have a hunch that this would be better done without the advanced editor. The advanced editor is very capable of editing little parts of the database while using the pre-existing data, which is exactly what you don't want. Maybe try simply going to 'add nation rules,' re-create the copmetitions and don't include cups. I'm pretty sure this would work.

In my quest to create a real-life competition structure for Holland, I've started from scratch to determine were things go wrong. So far, I've discovered that the custom database does not support the Dutch teams like - for instance - the English teams. Makes sense, probably because of the fact that the means of research in Holland are far less than in other countries.

But, that makes that some of the clubs in the lower tiers (Dutch Topklasse and Dutch Hoofdklasse, Tiers 3 and 4, are standard in the editor, but not playable in the game) do not exist and if they exist, the only data that is entered is some basic data for the clubs. No stadiums, no city, no attendance, etc.

When trying to make a database in the advanced editor for Holland, just using the custom database, the game crashes. It is my strong belief that is due to the missing data as mentioned.

So, next thing I'm gonna do is peel down the structure until it works. So, first I'm gonna eliminate the Hoofdklasse and try again. If that doesn't work, I will eliminate the Topklasse.

I will report back on my findings.

Tobcoach: I've had a lot of similar problems with crash dumps and it seems to depend on the league. Since you're starting from scratch, do you want to try and load up my Holland file and see if you get a crash dump or not? It might be your computer or something, you never know. This file has the nation rules and basic competitions (Eredivisie and Eerst Divisie or however you spell it).

http://uploading.com/files/bf77fabb/holexperiment.xml/

Also, on the Italy file, fraudiay79 put the year and base year for dates in the Italian cup to 2009...was there a reason for this or was it a typo? Does it matter?

Great tool created here......

Now I want to try my hand at the normal continental comps editor.

Can anyone please tell me how to deactivate this tool??

Earlier I saw the original format.rar file available for download at the 1st post.

Now I cant seem to find it??

Forgive me for this silly question.

Great tool created here......

Can anyone please tell me how to deactivate this tool??

You can just reinstall the latest patch, it should automatically revert the editor back.

CR297 - Thanks for the tip on disabling competitions. It does work when not using the advanced editor.

Has anyone else had a problem where the leagues don't reset at the end of the season? I've got Series A-D working properly in the 1st season, but they don't reset. Any ideas?

It could be because the number of teams in C2 change after the 1st season, has anyone else done anything like that?

I'm doing some tests using my old Oceanic Leagues file. I can confirm that the game will pick up club fixtures AND results if you set them up in the editor using the Advanced Rules. (E.g. as long as you put all the fixtures in, and a handful of results such as up to today, then the game will use those results by default, but will simulate any matches you don't specify a result for.) The only downside with this is that your players don't have any statistics like appearances, goals and ratings. But if you had the EPL results and fixtures up to date and start a new game that includes a league starting in 2011, then you would have the real life table as it is.

Can someone take a look at my Ukraine file? I was able to get it to work...I manually re-created all of the competitions and it loaded without crash dumps. There are two problems though (I think they're related). Every time I make one of these files it starts on July 19th 2010, even when I try to emulate one of the files I downloaded here that start at a different time of year. This isn't that big of a deal (it just simulates all of the previous matches, as it would if you chose starting in July as opposed to June or an earlier date, unless you're using MRT90's Brazil file, where for some reason none of the Brazilian league's matches are simulated), but friendlies occur throughout the first part of the season. I could just get rid of the max pre-season friendly days under nation, but then they wouldn't have any friendlies. I guess it's not that important but it'd be nice to figure it out.

http://uploading.com/files/49eb67f4/ukrexperiment.1.xml/

Also, it lists the winner of the 2010 super cup twice. When I changed the base year of it to 2011, then it said listed the winner of 2011 also, even though it was only 2010. Then I changed the version to 0 and it still did the same thing.

uncle_ron has a different number of teams in his England file. Usually the next season doesn't start if there is a problem with fixtures, or say the winners of a league not being recorded.

Thanks, I've taken a look at that now. I've now got create fixtures and store league history ticked for every league, but it hasn't stored for Serie D, so still won't reset.

What do -1 and -2 mean in required teams?

I'm not sure where to start with a guide...there's so many settings. The best guide at the moment are other people's works with the Advanced Rules.

magicmastermind,

I got your v1.6 to work in windows 7 (don't know why v1.5 wouldn't) however do you know if anyone (SI included) has made a competition with 2 stages (1. League & 2. Cup) in which 1st place in the league qualifies for contential/regional (ACL, Champions League, etc.) and the winner of the cup gets the other spot competition.

Since I got v1.6 working I'm looking again at modifying Australia (if not for just the A-League but to improve the lower levels as well).

Regards

I'm not sure where to start with a guide...there's so many settings. The best guide at the moment are other people's works with the Advanced Rules.

Well, start at the beginning. First explain the settings in the nation rules.

I'm willing to assist on this if you want (is also a bit self interest, beacause I don't understand all settingd at this moment...)

Tobcoach: I've had a lot of similar problems with crash dumps and it seems to depend on the league. Since you're starting from scratch, do you want to try and load up my Holland file and see if you get a crash dump or not? It might be your computer or something, you never know. This file has the nation rules and basic competitions (Eredivisie and Eerst Divisie or however you spell it).

http://uploading.com/files/bf77fabb/holexperiment.xml/

CR297: The file seems to be working just fine, even the "0 foreigner" rule. Suarez hasn't played a single competiton-match so far... :D

At what point does the crash dump occur? At the beginning of the game, or between seasons?

The season now resets, and promotion/relegation happens between all divisions. But: I still can't make the leagues change in size, it just relegates extra teams and keeps them the same, wrong sizes. I've tried with 'valid years' = 2010 or 2011, makes no difference. In uncle ron's file, he's somehow managed to have a blank entry for valid years. When I try to this, it sets it to 1990. I wonder if it needs to be blank (can't think why logically, but it works for ron), or if it's not possible to alter the number of teams in different tiers.

The season now resets, and promotion/relegation happens between all divisions. But: I still can't make the leagues change in size, it just relegates extra teams and keeps them the same, wrong sizes. I've tried with 'valid years' = 2010 or 2011, makes no difference. In uncle ron's file, he's somehow managed to have a blank entry for valid years. When I try to this, it sets it to 1990. I wonder if it needs to be blank (can't think why logically, but it works for ron), or if it's not possible to alter the number of teams in different tiers.

Try editing the xml manually to get rid of that entry, then it will be blank. This ensures that the game uses these for any other dates.

CR297: The file seems to be working just fine, even the "0 foreigner" rule. Suarez hasn't played a single competiton-match so far... :D

At what point does the crash dump occur? At the beginning of the game, or between seasons?

I never got a crash dump with Holland...in my experience, some countries have to have the competitions totally re-created, other countries (such as Holland) you can just add the competitions as version '0.' I gave you the Holland file because I thought there may have been something wrong with your computer that didn't enable you to use Holland files. Sounds like it worked OK though! The other countries give me a crash dump when I start the game (Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, etc.), and I think some give me a crash dump after one season (trying to figure out which ones).

For created international competitions, is it possible to get the game to generate host nations for every game edition?

For age group international competitions, e.g. I chose a U23 competition, selected the nations I wanted. Problem is, the competition fixtures are generated for the main team e.g. England A instead of England U23. How should I go about getting the U23 teams playing instead?

Pardon me if these has been asked before. I just find it a bother to go thru pages of lengthly posts. :)

I never got a crash dump with Holland...in my experience, some countries have to have the competitions totally re-created, other countries (such as Holland) you can just add the competitions as version '0.' I gave you the Holland file because I thought there may have been something wrong with your computer that didn't enable you to use Holland files. Sounds like it worked OK though! The other countries give me a crash dump when I start the game (Portugal, Ukraine, Russia, etc.), and I think some give me a crash dump after one season (trying to figure out which ones).

Ah, oke. I misunderstood you, sorry.

Apparently, it's not my computer, but it's the database. When I take the database of CR297, and try to build my way into a playable 3rd Tier (Dutch Topklasse, parent competition with two competions: Topklasse Zaterdag and Topklasse Zondag), the following things happen:

1. Adding the competition as level 2 in Nation rules, including numer of teams, etc. and adding the competition itself, version 0, with no extras: nothing really happens, except the fact that when I start te game, I can choose the Dutch Topklasse to be playable, but in the actual game itself, only Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie are playable.

2. Setting the competition to version 2, and adding the two stages (league stage and play-off stage): I get two errors. First the game gives me a "array access out of bounds" error, immediately followed by a crash dump.

Conclusion: the error(s) occur after my additions to the competition. So I must be doing something wrong.

Archived