FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

I've been trying to add another international competition for awhile

I've been able to create the competition in the advanced panel, I added details to it in the database section of the editor as well, and when I start a new game it gives me the option of using the files.

When I start a new game though, the competition doesn't show up at all however. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I kind of have the hang of it now. Unfortunately you can only edit the national rules of England, France, and Scotland. Any chance SI will release more of these .xmls for the nation rules of other leagues? Also, any possible way to edit the fixture rules for the other leagues? I noticed that if you go to any of the competitions, under 'Competition' there is a box that says 'Fixture rules index' with a 0. If we edit the .xml file, is there any way to possibly add in a section about fixture rules (in my case, 0 foreigners) and then reference that with this box or something? Thanks!

Edit: there HAS to be a way to do this, I'm sure of it. I've loaded up the .xml for Argentina on under basic comps, and here's what I get:

required teams, transfer windows, etc. and then you get down to fixture rules:

<list id="fixture_rules">

<record/>

<record/>

</list>

The other ones usually have lots of data in between the <list> and <record> tags. England does (I edited it and saved it to editor data), and here's what shows in that .xml under fixture rules where I've added the no foreigner rule:

<list id="squad_selection_rules">

<record>

<string id="type" value="homegrown_players_0_21_from_nation"/>

<string id="value" value="8"/>

<string id="compare_type" value="more_than"/>

</record>

<record>

<string id="type" value="max_squad_size"/>

<string id="value" value="25"/>

<string id="compare_type" value="less_than"/>

</record>

<record>

<string id="type" value="all_foreign_players_in_match_squad"/>

<integer id="value" value="0"/>

</record>

</list>

So is there any way I can use this type of data editing to add in fixture rules like this? A simple yes or no answer will do. Thanks in advance!

OK, I kind of have the hang of it now. Unfortunately you can only edit the national rules of England, France, and Scotland. Any chance SI will release more of these .xmls for the nation rules of other leagues? Also, any possible way to edit the fixture rules for the other leagues? I noticed that if you go to any of the competitions, under 'Competition' there is a box that says 'Fixture rules index' with a 0. If we edit the .xml file, is there any way to possibly add in a section about fixture rules (in my case, 0 foreigners) and then reference that with this box or something? Thanks!

Edit: there HAS to be a way to do this, I'm sure of it. I've loaded up the .xml for Argentina on under basic comps, and here's what I get:

required teams, transfer windows, etc. and then you get down to fixture rules:

<record/>

<record/>

</list>

The other ones usually have lots of data in between the <list> and <record> tags. England does (I edited it and saved it to editor data), and here's what shows in that .xml under fixture rules where I've added the no foreigner rule:

<list id="squad_selection_rules">

<record>

<string id="type" value="homegrown_players_0_21_from_nation"/>

<string id="value" value="8"/>

<string id="compare_type" value="more_than"/>

</record>

<record>

<string id="type" value="max_squad_size"/>

<string id="value" value="25"/>

</record>

<record>

</record>

</list>

So is there any way I can use this type of data editing to add in fixture rules like this? A simple yes or no answer will do. Thanks in advance!

What I would do is set up the nation file for a country you want to change the fixture rules for, put in the divisions and competitions (you don't have to recreate them, the game already has them created) and create say 10 fixture rules(save as version 2). In each one, enter max number of foreigners as 0,1,2 etc to 9. Run the edit and take a look at the rules in the game - you can tell which fixture rule the competition uses by looking at the fixture rules of the leagues in place. Then change the version number of the file to 1, and remove everything but the fixture rules - this way you should ensure that your changes are made but everything else is still in place.

This is what I did when I started to recreate England using the Advanced Rules. Luckily SI released these. I have a thread asking SI to include all competitions in their comps.fmf file however at the moment I believe it is not possible.

What I would do is set up the nation file for a country you want to change the fixture rules for, put in the divisions and competitions (you don't have to recreate them, the game already has them created) and create say 10 fixture rules(save as version 2). In each one, enter max number of foreigners as 0,1,2 etc to 9. Run the edit and take a look at the rules in the game - you can tell which fixture rule the competition uses by looking at the fixture rules of the leagues in place. Then change the version number of the file to 1, and remove everything but the fixture rules - this way you should ensure that your changes are made but everything else is still in place.

This is what I did when I started to recreate England using the Advanced Rules. Luckily SI released these. I have a thread asking SI to include all competitions in their comps.fmf file however at the moment I believe it is not possible.

Sorry man I'm really new to this stuff so I didn't quite understand what you said. Here's what I think you meant: [i'm using Spain] so go to add nation rules, click Spain, create new competitions and rules, and then add in all of the divisions and competitions. Then add in 10 fixture rules, each one saying the max number of foreigners is 0, 1, 2...9. Then I load this up in the game and start a new game in Spain, and see what exactly the max number of foreigners is. If it is say, 7, than I know wherever in the .xml it says maximum foreigners are 7, than I go to that section and change it from seven to zero. Then I delete everything all of the other "max foreigner" lines, so that the one that says 0 only remains. Then, I load that up again? I was kind of confused by version 1 and version 2. Then do you do this for every nation? There's no way to copy paste it?

If you have a few example files that might help me understand. Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm new to this editing stuff. I just learned how to use the regular editor a day ago (never touched it in FM10, used FMRTE when needed).

Sorry man I'm really new to this stuff so I didn't quite understand what you said. Here's what I think you meant: [i'm using Spain] so go to add nation rules, click Spain, create new competitions and rules, and then add in all of the divisions and competitions. Then add in 10 fixture rules, each one saying the max number of foreigners is 0, 1, 2...9. Then I load this up in the game and start a new game in Spain, and see what exactly the max number of foreigners is. If it is say, 7, than I know wherever in the .xml it says maximum foreigners are 7, than I go to that section and change it from seven to zero. Then I delete everything all of the other "max foreigner" lines, so that the one that says 0 only remains. Then, I load that up again? I was kind of confused by version 1 and version 2. Then do you do this for every nation? There's no way to copy paste it?

If you have a few example files that might help me understand. Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm new to this editing stuff. I just learned how to use the regular editor a day ago (never touched it in FM10, used FMRTE when needed).

Not the Nation Rules, the Advanced Rules - the List section (on the OP). Download and install it and then take a look at the comps downloads - there's a file in there called eng.xml which shows you what I mean.

If you check that file all the fixture rules are there - so what you need to do is follow the instructions. It might be hard at first, and if you are still only new to editing competitions I'd stick with doing that before moving on to the more advanced stuff.

I started a project to create leagues of the CONCACAF zone.

Currently, I already have structures in the Cuban leagues (Primera División), El Salvador (Primera División), Honduras (Primera División), Costa Rica (Primera División and Segunda División).

There are also promotions for the NACL after the first and second round.

To solve the problem is the decline in Costa Rica Primera Division. Relegated teams are just ... accidental.

Unfortunately, both in the league of Costa Rica and Cuba, I could not get to the regional breakdown, such as in real life. However, the system's games in both these countries is like in reality.

I'm not going to build a database, I wanted only to create structures for the tournament in these countries.

I think that somehow I managed to do it thanks to the Advanced Rules ;)

Thank you very much ;)

I started a project to create leagues of the CONCACAF zone.

Currently, I already have structures in the Cuban leagues (Primera División), El Salvador (Primera División), Honduras (Primera División), Costa Rica (Primera División and Segunda División).

There are also promotions for the NACL after the first and second round.

To solve the problem is the decline in Costa Rica Primera Division. Relegated teams are just ... accidental.

Unfortunately, both in the league of Costa Rica and Cuba, I could not get to the regional breakdown, such as in real life. However, the system's games in both these countries is like in reality.

I'm not going to build a database, I wanted only to create structures for the tournament in these countries.

I think that somehow I managed to do it thanks to the Advanced Rules ;)

Thank you very much ;)

No problem - I hope you go on to create many more competitions and let other people play using your work.

I plan on becoming more active with helpful topics for the Advanced Rules very soon.

But I have a problem over which the tire is already quite long...

It is a way of degradation in the case of non-ranked teams in the league.

There is some way that you can get around this?

Unfortunately I can not turn on the ranking, because improperly teams will qualify for the Champions League in North America.

Of course, if everything will work correctly the structure of leagues can be made available for download ;)

Towards a science and creating new competitions by others ;)

Not the Nation Rules, the Advanced Rules - the List section (on the OP). Download and install it and then take a look at the comps downloads - there's a file in there called eng.xml which shows you what I mean.

If you check that file all the fixture rules are there - so what you need to do is follow the instructions. It might be hard at first, and if you are still only new to editing competitions I'd stick with doing that before moving on to the more advanced stuff.

No you misunderstood. I already successfully implemented the no foreigner rule with England, Scotland, and France using List under Advanced rules. I'm trying to do this with other nations though, too, especially Spain, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, and Holland. You can't edit the fixture rules with any of the other nations but I was thinking that I just needed to open up esp_first.xml in the editor, save editor data as, and then edit that .xml file. Perhaps copy and paste the lines about the fixture rules from my England file (where I successfully edited the fixture rules) into the Spain file:

<record>

</record>

Those are the lines. So if I paste this into the right place in the Spain file, can I make this rule for the Spanish league? My guess is I would paste it right here:

<record/>

<record/>

<record/>

<record/>

<record/>

</list>

Or, maybe right here:

<list id="league_comps">

<record>

<string id="competition" value="67"/>

<string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/>

...[lots of lines of code until]...

<list id="match_fixture_rules"/>

<list id="squad_fixture_rules"/>

</record>

Either add in the first lines of code to this section, or I was thinking maybe editing the code that says "use_game_rules" because that probably tells it to use the rules already hardcored to the .exe file. If I can edit that maybe I can tell it to use the rules in the .xml instead of the ones hardcoded to the .exe file.

If not, than my only options are to a)wait for SI to come out with more nation rules (highly unlikely), b)remake the competitions myself and add in the fixture rules (definitely possible for nations like Spain, but not really possible for nations like Argentina, which have extremely complicated rules), or c)use some sort of trick to keep the teams from signing foreigners. Such as work permit rules. But that didn't work and I can't think of any others (setting the transfer preferences to 0, but that will only help a little bit).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to talk about another thing I discovered. If you load up the comps files and go to list, you get the tabs with 'type' 'competition' 'qualifed teams' 'stages from other comps' etc. etc. If you go to the 'competition' tab, there are two lines that say 'Discipline Rules Index' and 'Fixture rules index.' They both have a 0. Do you think changing this along with somehow editing the .xml could enable me to add "0 foreigners" to fixture rules or something like that? When I move my mouse over, it says: "The index of the fixture rules that this competition uses (see fixture rules list in nation xml file)." It says the same thing for discpline rules, and to 'see discipline rules in the nation xml file). Well I loaded up the nation xml file from basic comps and searched for the word 'discipline' and it didn't appear. I also tried saving the editor data and looking at it that way, but I still couldn't find it.

That's not the one I'm concerned about though, it's the fixture rules, and that seems to appear, as mentioned previously: <list id="fixture_rules">, followed by four <record/> tags, then a </list> tag. I have a feeling this might be the key to all of our problems. What if I change the fixture rules index to one and then paste in something about 0 foreigners? I noticed <list id="fixture_rules"> tag appears everywhere in the .xml file where I successfully edited the foreign players limit (in England)...and the first line of code I pasted above, where it says no foreigners (string id...foreign players in match squad), appears under one of these tags. Have I figured it out? I think I'm definitely on to something.

You need to create for each league, you do not want foreigners to have new entries.

First, add a Nation, where you set the fixture rules, which set the rules for the composition and the first eleven, etc, and when you add competition eg for Primera División from Spain to give his ID Fixture rules rules eg 0.

You need to create for each league, you do not want foreigners to have new entries.

First, add a Nation, where you set the fixture rules, which set the rules for the composition and the first eleven, etc, and when you add competition eg for Primera División from Spain to give his ID Fixture rules rules eg 0.

Hi, sorry I didn't quite follow...what do you mean by new entries?

And when you say add a nation, do you mean go to 'Add nation rules' and 'Create new competitions and rules' and then create all of the competitions and everything? Because if I do that than I can just change the fixture rules right there (when you 'create new competitions and rules' under 'Add nation rules' you can set fixture rules). I'm trying to figure out a way to create this 0 foreigner rule without having to re-create all of the major competitions (I wouldn't be able to replicate them exactly, especially for nations like Argentina). Or did you mean I should create the new competitions and then someone edit the .xml file? Sorry I'm not very good with this stuff, but if you'll take the time to explain it to me I'd be very grateful. I really want to play a save with a zero foreigner rule and will do whatever it takes (though re-creating all the competitions doesn't appeal to me because I'm not good enough at editing, it would take too long, and I wouldn't be able to replicate the rules exactly). But I think I'm on to something in my previous post with the .xml editing.

By the way, eres un tico?

1. You must click at 'List',

2. then click 'add' -> there show 'Competition, Domestic Division, Qualified Teams(0)'

3. Click from left side at the new competition and change for 'Nation'

4. Change for country which You want

5. From left side find 'Fixture Rules' and fill whatever You want

6. Save changes and add when the game start

If don't working so You must add a competition for this country eg Primera Division from Spain

I did not check whether the same principles will work with national... Try and check ;)

1. You must click at 'List',

2. then click 'add' -> there show 'Competition, Domestic Division, Qualified Teams(0)'

3. Click from left side at the new competition and change for 'Nation'

4. Change for country which You want

5. From left side find 'Fixture Rules' and fill whatever You want

6. Save changes and add when the game start

If don't working so You must add a competition for this country eg Primera Division from Spain

I did not check whether the same principles will work with national... Try and check ;)

Thanks for the help! I followed your instructions but it didn't work. The first time, I went to list, and click add. Then, I clicked on the 'Competition, Domestic Divions, Qualified Teams(0)' thing and under type (the first tab on top) I switched it from competition to nation. Then, I clicked the Nation tab (second from the left) and selected Spain. After doing that, I went to the lefthand side and clicked on Fixture Rules and then clicked add. Then, Rules 0 appeared below Fixture rules. I clicked on rules 0 and there is a lot of stuff you can edit, and at the bottom there is a section for squad selection rules. I clicked Add and then added a rule about the maximum amount of foreigners being 0. Then I saved it as 'spainex.' When I loaded this database into the game, a few funny things happened.

First, when I went to choose which .xml files I would use, three of my earlier Spain experiment ones had a triangle with an exclamation point by them. I didn't select them, I only selected this newest file that I just made. On the next screen, where you choose the nations in your database, Spain didn't appear! So I went back to the main menu screen and tried it again. This time, the triangles weren't there on my other three files (wasn't using them though so it didn't matter), but when I ticked my 'spainex' file and tried to move forward, it gave me an error message that said 'warning: array access out of bounds' and the resolution got all weird and it stopped working.

So I tried making another file in the editor, but this time, after I changed the nation to Spain, I clicked on competitions on the lefthand side under list and under Nation, Spain, Reserve leagues(0), etc. but above the Reserve leagues and fixture rules. I clicked add and then selected Liga BBVA. Then, I went to fixture rules, and Rules 0, and at the top where it says Competition I selected Liga BBVA. Then, at the bottom, where it says Squad Selection Rules, I added in the 0 foreigner rule. I saved it and figured this would work, but the same thing happened when I loaded up the file! I'm kind of surprised, I figured it would have worked this time. Edit: also, when I made the squad selection rule, I went under 'Teams in Division' and selected Liga BBVA. Still no improvement, it gives me the same error message.

Anyways, any help is GREATLY appreciated, and I'm really grateful for your patience. I'm not good with this stuff but I'm a very fast learner (learned HTML coding way back when I was 10 in the early days of the internet) and am willing to put in the time to figure this out so I can have a 0 foreigner rule in these competitions.

I was trying to create cuba too. i tried to create a hidden league stage that would feed onto a group stage with no fixtures but I just can't seem to make that work, as either the group stage does create fixtures and fixtures are this wrong or if I actually go manually and change the group stage so no fixtures are created the game crashes on startup.

I've just installed patch 11.2.1 and the advanced panels v1.5.

After installing both versions, I made some alterations to my database, and tried to load it in FM11. But every time I try to load it in FM11, the game crashes.

Anyone having the same problem?

BTW: what sort of program do I use to read out a crash dump-file? I've tried Wordpad, but that doesn't work (a lot of jibberish on my screen...).

I was trying to create cuba too. i tried to create a hidden league stage that would feed onto a group stage with no fixtures but I just can't seem to make that work, as either the group stage does create fixtures and fixtures are this wrong or if I actually go manually and change the group stage so no fixtures are created the game crashes on startup.

Try this ;)

http://www.filefront.com/17705670/Cuba-v0.9.xml

I made this ;) it's working, but regional groups is to fix...

magicmastermind124,

I know it has been a while however I created a virtual machine running Windows XP and I got the file working, however my main unit Windows 7 still doesn't work? Is there a feature in Windows 7 I should be activating/deactivating to get the editor to work?

Using the virtual machine is a very slow process.

Regards

Me again just following up on what I need to do to my Windows 7 to get the editor to work?

Otherwise what line of code do I need to change to get the advanced editor options activated?

Regards

I have a couple of doubts.....

I am creating a huge world club competition with 512 teams from 180 nations. The original editor allows only 256. Is there any method by which I can get in all 512 teams in the normal editor or do I have to use an advanced editor.

If I use the advanced editor is there a method by which I can include all the rules I did in the normal editor in the adv editor without doing it manually?

Can I also add a nation to Europe with its own leagues and which supplies teams to both international and continental competitions.

Thanks in advance.

Another noob question, didnt find an answer around so if someone could please help me...

i've made a competition with the following structure:

First Phase Group Stage - 40 clubs in 10 groups - bottom 1 gets relagated - top two advance in competition

Second Phase Group Stage - 20 clubs in 4 goups - top 2 advance to championship stage

Championship - 8 clubs - 1st place champion, 2 to 4th get promoted.

The question is... the champion dos not get recorded on the history past winners, but ends up the competition with a C of champion after the final stage is complete...

What am i missing with the fate stuff?

Another noob question, didnt find an answer around so if someone could please help me...

i've made a competition with the following structure:

First Phase Group Stage - 40 clubs in 10 groups - bottom 1 gets relagated - top two advance in competition

Second Phase Group Stage - 20 clubs in 4 goups - top 2 advance to championship stage

Championship - 8 clubs - 1st place champion, 2 to 4th get promoted.

The question is... the champion dos not get recorded on the history past winners, but ends up the competition with a C of champion after the final stage is complete...

What am i missing with the fate stuff?

It might not be the fates you are missing but the rankings. Try giving every club a ranking (through every stage).

I am sorry if its not the most appropriate place to post my questions...

First of all, i dont own a copy of FM11, but i am looking to know what to expect from the game, and if its worth it (for my standards and my very small pocket$) to buy an edition of FM11 whereas i already own FM10.

I am not english, and i have never learned english at school (well, i was not listening), so i am sorry if some of my words dont make any sense.

-Is it possible to recreate the old European Champion Clubs' Cup, with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to recreate the old Cup Winners' Cup with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to modify the Europa League in order to have the former UEFA Cup, with 2nd-3rd-4th/league plus the title holder ?

But most importantly all in the same time ?

In FM10, i could only have the C1 and C2, but i was not able to create a realistic C3.

-If a team win a double, winning both championship and cup, what will happen, then, for the spot in the C2 ?

Will the finalist of the cup takes the place ?

-Same problem but with the C3, if one of the expected participants have won the cup and play the C2, does the 5th of the championship win the C3 spot ?

-It is possible to be sure that a team could not enter in more than one competition for the season ?

-As i am not likely to make every european league playable, how the participants for each country and competition will be decided ?

Will Rosenborg, Olympiakos and Sheriff (highest rep. in the league) be entering on each edition of the C1 if i dont make their leagues playable ?

Is it purely random (Karabukspor vs Lechia Gdansk in C1, that could be fun, but not very realistic, at least in 2011), or does it exist something like a rotation with weighted odds...(for instance, out of 10 times, Porto will play 5 times the C1, Benfica 3, Sporting 2...?)

As i understand it, it was based on the club reputation last year, meaning that if you dont select the league, it was for sure always (or at 90%) the same club "winning" the league year in and out...

Last question, does the quality of the regens is linked to the quality and the "value" of the championship ?

I mean, if the estonian league is the strongest in the world in 2134, will the regens born in Estonia in 2130-2140 be among the greatest in the world ?

Thanks in advance for helping me, if the answers are going into my direction, i could probably make an effort.

Guys, just to let you know I figured out what the problem was. When I followed mauvais' instructions, I did so using the regular database from scratch, I had NOT loaded up the esp file from basic comps. I did that, then followed mavais' instructions, and I was able to load the game without it crashing. However, it didn't have the intended effect: foreign players were still able to play in the league. I'm going to try magicmastermind124's idea (now that I read mauvais' instructions I realize what he meant in the earlier post) to see if it works. Crossing my fingers.

I am sorry if its not the most appropriate place to post my questions...

First of all, i dont own a copy of FM11, but i am looking to know what to expect from the game, and if its worth it (for my standards and my very small pocket$) to buy an edition of FM11 whereas i already own FM10.

I am not english, and i have never learned english at school (well, i was not listening), so i am sorry if some of my words dont make any sense.

-Is it possible to recreate the old European Champion Clubs' Cup, with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to recreate the old Cup Winners' Cup with 1 club/league plus the title holder ?

-Is it possible to modify the Europa League in order to have the former UEFA Cup, with 2nd-3rd-4th/league plus the title holder ?

But most importantly all in the same time ?

In FM10, i could only have the C1 and C2, but i was not able to create a realistic C3.

-If a team win a double, winning both championship and cup, what will happen, then, for the spot in the C2 ?

Will the finalist of the cup takes the place ?

-Same problem but with the C3, if one of the expected participants have won the cup and play the C2, does the 5th of the championship win the C3 spot ?

-It is possible to be sure that a team could not enter in more than one competition for the season ?

-As i am not likely to make every european league playable, how the participants for each country and competition will be decided ?

Will Rosenborg, Olympiakos and Sheriff (highest rep. in the league) be entering on each edition of the C1 if i dont make their leagues playable ?

Is it purely random (Karabukspor vs Lechia Gdansk in C1, that could be fun, but not very realistic, at least in 2011), or does it exist something like a rotation with weighted odds...(for instance, out of 10 times, Porto will play 5 times the C1, Benfica 3, Sporting 2...?)

As i understand it, it was based on the club reputation last year, meaning that if you dont select the league, it was for sure always (or at 90%) the same club "winning" the league year in and out...

Last question, does the quality of the regens is linked to the quality and the "value" of the championship ?

I mean, if the estonian league is the strongest in the world in 2134, will the regens born in Estonia in 2130-2140 be among the greatest in the world ?

Thanks in advance for helping me, if the answers are going into my direction, i could probably make an effort.

You could do this but it would be difficult to get them all working at one time. No-one else has managed to do a single one.

Jojofo-if you happen to be a Spanish-speaker I could help you out. As for your questions about the Competitions, go to the Official Editor's thread. This is for the advanced editor. With the regular editor you can add in continental competitions such as those, though I'm not sure about what rules are available. You might have to use the advanced editor for the more complicated rules. As far as editing the Europa League goes, I don't think it can be done (you might be able to edit the Champions League with the advanced editor but I'm not sure exactly how, follow the instructions on the OP but instead of opening the eng.xml file, open the eur_champions_cup.xml. If you want to edit the Europa League, I think you'll have to delete it and make a new continental competition (which you can do with the regular editor, however, to recreate many of the rules, you'll have to use the advanced editor). I don't know enough about editing to help you any further, but I would go to the official editor's thread, it's on the top page.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new league system for Romania. I want to create 12 teams system with playoff/playout. I want to create some customs rules for playoff's and that's why I try to use advance rules. I've manage to create the system, but I don't know how to activate this. any advice pls

Myhay-try and look through the thread, I think there are posts that talk about playoffs, try using control + f (find) and type playoff and go to each page. I remember hearing magicmastermind say that you have to add them as a separate competition, and then that competition I guess determines who stays in the league or goes down (something like that).

You could do this but it would be difficult to get them all working at one time. No-one else has managed to do a single one.

So, what is possible, and what is not ?

After reading some topics, i had the feeling it was possible with some work and patience to recreate completely the old school european cups...it was possible to create 2 of them last year, and with the promises made this summer about editing continental competitions, i thought it was now possible to create each one...

Jojofo-if you happen to be a Spanish-speaker I could help you out. As for your questions about the Competitions, go to the Official Editor's thread. This is for the advanced editor. With the regular editor you can add in continental competitions such as those, though I'm not sure about what rules are available. You might have to use the advanced editor for the more complicated rules. As far as editing the Europa League goes, I don't think it can be done (you might be able to edit the Champions League with the advanced editor but I'm not sure exactly how, follow the instructions on the OP but instead of opening the eng.xml file, open the eur_champions_cup.xml. If you want to edit the Europa League, I think you'll have to delete it and make a new continental competition (which you can do with the regular editor, however, to recreate many of the rules, you'll have to use the advanced editor). I don't know enough about editing to help you any further, but I would go to the official editor's thread, it's on the top page.

I dont speak spanish, unfortunately.

You're saying that if i planned to create these competitions and making them run correctly, the regular editor will not be enough and i need to do some operations with the advanced editor ? I will ask again about my questions there, thanks.

Actually, Im just trying to know if what i would like to do is possible, simply, nothing more.

It may be tough, long, or buggy, i dont care that much, as long as i know its possible, and if every single question i had in my previous post could be answered before making any plans.

Thanks for the answers.

So, what is possible, and what is not ?

After reading some topics, i had the feeling it was possible with some work and patience to recreate completely the old school european cups...it was possible to create 2 of them last year, and with the promises made this summer about editing continental competitions, i thought it was now possible to create each one...

I dont speak spanish, unfortunately.

You're saying that if i planned to create these competitions and making them run correctly, the regular editor will not be enough and i need to do some operations with the advanced editor ? I will ask again about my questions there, thanks.

Actually, Im just trying to know if what i would like to do is possible, simply, nothing more.

It may be tough, long, or buggy, i dont care that much, as long as i know its possible, and if every single question i had in my previous post could be answered before making any plans.

Thanks for the answers.

OK, I think you can create the two cups you mentioned in the regular editor. If you want more advanced rules though (not sure exactly what can be done in the regular editor and what can't) you have to use the advanced editor. As far as editing Europa League fixtures goes, no, not unless you re-create the whole cup. This can be done in the regular editor (not too realistic though because it would be missing a lot of rules) or you could spend TONS of time doing it in the advanced editor. I'm not sure about the specifics of the C1 C2 thing.

As far as Estonian regens go, I'm pretty sure the quality of the regens is a result of a) code that is hardwired into the .exe file or b) the nation's repuation. Maybe if you increase Estonia's reputation their regens will get better. Another alternative would be to make all of their clubs have very good youth facilities. And if you wanted those players to stay in Estonia, you could do what I'm trying to do (make all of the leagues have 0 foreigner rule). Then the players would stay.

Guys if someone would please help that would be great. I followed magicmastermind's/mauvais' instructions for trying to edit the foreigner rule for nations without the .xml in the comps folder (all nations other than france, england, and scotland). Here is what I did (tried to do it for Italy):

1. Ran the editor, loaded up ita.xml

2. Went to list, then add, and switched this to nation. I selected Italy

3. Went to competitions, and added in the Serie A, Serie B, Italian Cup and Italian Super cup

4. Went to fixture rules and added 10 squad selection rules (0-9), each one being the number of foreigners (less than), so Rules 0 was less than 0, Rules 3 was less than 3, Rules 9 was less than 9, etc. (and of course less than actually means less than or equal to)

5. Saved it and loaded it in game. This didn't work because Inter was able to use 11 foreigners in their match squad for the first Serie A fixture.

6. I thought this may have been because under each fixture rule, I didn't go to competition at the top of the page and select 'Serie A,' and on the squad selection rule I didn't select anything on 'Teams under division.' (to the right of test, which is where you choose less than/more than). So on each rule I went to the top of the page and selected Serie A for competition, and then selected Serie A for Teams under division (squad selection rules).

7. Saved it, started a new save, but the same problem occurred. Inter still selected 11 foreigners in their first Serie A fixture (a different group, but 11 nonetheless).

I have put in two photos here, the first of the competitions page (where I added the Italian competitions), the second of the fixture rules (after I edited it so Serie A was selected in the competition and teams under division boxes).

italy1.jpg

italy2.jpg

Also, I uploaded the edited file here: http://www.filefront.com/17709348/italytest2.xml

Edit: these might take a bit to load onto filefront. The pictures links are http://www.filefront.com/17709341/italy1.jpg and http://www.filefront.com/17709342/italy2.jpg

I'm sorry if these are newbie questions but I would really appreciate any help, even if it is a one sentence answer it'd be much appreciated. All I want to do is create this zero foreigner rule (in many nations, not just England, France, and Scotland). Once I do that I can start playing FM11!!

cr297,

By foreign players, do you mean EU or non-EU, or both? if your game is still selecting EU players and not any other foreigners, then the solution is simple. In the main database, go to the "Agreements" tab, and delete the "European Union". That will take care of EU players being treated as non-foreigners. If that is not the case, then make sure your competition's fixture rules match with the one you created (i.e. 6), also make sure you set both the nation and competition versions to be greater than 1, in order to fully override the default rules. I will take a look at your file and see if there is anything else that can be implemented.

---------------------

By the way, I can't seem to download your file, would you mind re-uploading it, and sending me the link?

This is the problem - the requirements are stopping the competition from registering a history. Instead of requiring the stage to finish, make the clubs qualify for the next round, and in the next stage use Get Qualified Teams from Stage.

hum... great!

Gonna try that in a few moments!

I have a couple of doubts.....

I am creating a huge world club competition with 512 teams from 180 nations. The original editor allows only 256. Is there any method by which I can get in all 512 teams in the normal editor or do I have to use an advanced editor.

If I use the advanced editor is there a method by which I can include all the rules I did in the normal editor in the adv editor without doing it manually?

Can I also add a nation to Europe with its own leagues and which supplies teams to both international and continental competitions.

Thanks in advance.

Any answers please??

cr297,

By foreign players, do you mean EU or non-EU, or both? if your game is still selecting EU players and not any other foreigners, then the solution is simple. In the main database, go to the "Agreements" tab, and delete the "European Union". That will take care of EU players being treated as non-foreigners. If that is not the case, then make sure your competition's fixture rules match with the one you created (i.e. 6), also make sure you set both the nation and competition versions to be greater than 1, in order to fully override the default rules. I will take a look at your file and see if there is anything else that can be implemented.

---------------------

By the way, I can't seem to download your file, would you mind re-uploading it, and sending me the link?

Hey, thanks for the response! By foreign players I meant any player not from that country, so this includes EU players. I want only Italians playing in Serie A, only Spaniards playing in La Liga, only Argentines playing in Argentina, etc. I did delete the EU though just to try it but nothing happened. I'm sorry but I didn't quite follow your instructions though. What do you mean make sure that the competition's fixture rules match the one I created? It seems that none of the competition's fixture rules matched any of the ones I created (I created 10 different rules, each one saying no more than 0, 1, 2, 3 foreigners etc.) and according to the rules on the competition screen there were no squad restrictions. So none of the rules I created had an effect on the game.

I also set the Nation version to 2 but it still had no effect. It says there are no squad restrictions. I uploaded the save onto a different site and here is the link: http://uploading.com/files/dd3fm77d/newitalyitalytest2.xml/

cr297 try using the Nation as version 2 - that might work better. Also instead of waiting to see what players clubs use just go to the Rules section of the competition in the game and see what it says there.

Hey, I set it to 2 but still no effect. Thanks for that tip about looking at the rules on the competition screen in game: that helped me save a lot of time! Any other suggestions? Here is the link to my file:

cr297,

---------------------

Hey, thanks for the response! By foreign players I meant any player not from that country, so this includes EU players. I want only Italians playing in Serie A, only Spaniards playing in La Liga, only Argentines playing in Argentina, etc. I did delete the EU though just to try it but nothing happened. I'm sorry but I didn't quite follow your instructions though. What do you mean make sure that the competition's fixture rules match the one I created? It seems that none of the competition's fixture rules matched any of the ones I created (I created 10 different rules, each one saying no more than 0, 1, 2, 3 foreigners etc.) and according to the rules on the competition screen there were no squad restrictions. So none of the rules I created had an effect on the game.

I also set the Nation version to 2 but it still had no effect. It says there are no squad restrictions. I uploaded the save onto a different site and here is the link: http://uploading.com/files/dd3fm77d/newitalyitalytest2.xml/

Unfortunately, there is a serious problem, which is very unreal at the North American game in the league...

Well, as I have previously written, there is no proper relegation teams if the league does not take into account the rankings (although in one table.)

But if I turn it, the winner of the first round of the playoffs is not eligible for NACL.

If I disable it, then declines are correct, but... NACL promoted only from the last playoff finalists.

The only two solutions that I come to mind are as follows:

1. Exclusion of relegation in the highest league.

2. Removal of the playoffs after the first round (Apertura), and the combination of the two rounds (the Apertura and Clousura) and staging a playoff at the end of the season. Then the finalists will advance to the NACL, and the league will fall below the correct team...

However, both these solutions are not satisfactory for me...

How can I accomplish that the right teams are qualified for the national cup?

I have a Cup with a max of 92 teams. Teams from the first 3 Tiers (68 in total) are automatically qualified, and from the 4th Tier (6 competitions) the best 4 teams from each competition of last year are qualified.

At the "Teams" tab, can I just choose for the "get qualified teams from comp", with a maximum of 92 teams?

Or should I do something additional in every competition?

I checked another database, and that works with the "get qualified teams from comp" rule.

Archived