Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Originally posted by fercecy:

I just entered my info (name, email, credit card), then clicked next... it started "thinking"... and that's the message i got as a result.

Quite simple... i do not think i need to get a screenshot of that. icon_biggrin.gif

Please still do so I can help you.

Originally posted by yankee_ram:

I am now a happy girl, have WWSM, can make it class on time and know when I come home there will football for me to play. Thanks Miles and Marc, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this and begin a new Era at Derby! icon_biggrin.gif

There fixed

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Marc - should I hold my breath for a Mac release today or just wait for tomorrow?

if you're not comfortable saying either, that's fine too; just not sure how I should plan my day

differently, if I even do.

it'll be tomorrow. They are getting the final treatment currently.

Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Marc - should I hold my breath for a Mac release today or just wait for tomorrow?

if you're not comfortable saying either, that's fine too; just not sure how I should plan my day

differently, if I even do.

it'll be tomorrow. They are getting the final treatment currently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I appreciate your candor and look forward to playing the game tomorrow.

Please does anyone have any information about whether or not I can change my game to the one I actually wanted?

I downloaded the South American version, now I'm stuck with spanish (a languange i don't know).. I also wonder how I was able to download it, I'm sitting here in Florida.

So please, is there any way I could get the English Version instead of this one? I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago and just installed it.

• SI Staff

superustipak : Send me an email .. I'm going to need to speak to someone about this and I cannot guarentee I'll have you an answer tonight either.

How did you make such an error icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Rafael Lorenzini:

I dont have Visa or mastercard, only have Diners Club International, that mean i can't download the game? should get a mastercard or visa only? plz answer mark.. thnx

Afraid so. Boonty only have those payment options. You may want to wait for Direct 2 Drive to go live today - they might offer you alternatives.

I am pleased to announce that digital versions of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 and Fútbol Manager 2008 are now available. Details are as follows.

Marc, or someone else out there who knows the answer.

I have one question before I hit the 'please addict me' button (again).

I have always gotten FM before. I am worried that added user content for FM may not work on WWSM. I am confident that this is an unfounded fear - that the differences are more 'cosmetic' than 'working level', but can anyone provide some assurance here.

And please understand - I am not asking for a rock-solid, golden, 'every file will work every time' guarantee. Just that if I want to download a facepack, or tactic, that this is not something I will be shut out of because I have WWSM instead of FM.

A prompt answer and I will be once again surrendering to the addiction... 2008 version.

Thanks, from the impatient, but cautious Canadian,

fundyrunner

Well, tried again, again the same error...

On the first page that the Downloader opens it gives an error (not a popup, just the icon that there was something wrong, so, i clicked there to see what it was)

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/generalisimo2/errorfm2008.gif

Then, the final error in the final step:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/generalisimo2/errorFM20082.gif

I will download the downloader again at home and will try again surelly... icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff
Originally posted by FundyRunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

I am pleased to announce that digital versions of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 and Fútbol Manager 2008 are now available. Details are as follows.

I have always gotten FM before. I am worried that added user content for FM may not work on WWSM. I am confident that this is an unfounded fear - that the differences are more 'cosmetic' than 'working level', but can anyone provide some assurance here.

And please understand - I am not asking for a rock-solid, golden, 'every file will work every time' guarantee. Just that if I want to download a facepack, or tactic, that this is not something I will be shut out of because I have WWSM instead of FM.

A prompt answer and I will be once again surrendering to the addiction... 2008 version.

fundyrunner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should all work fine. WWSM is the same game just branded differently for the North American market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FundyRunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

fundyrunner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should all work fine. WWSM is the same game just branded differently for the North American market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, that was a quick response. Thanks. Will download this evening (as work tends to frown on doing this here - of course, they probably frown on my posting to forums here as well... ).

As a non-urgent question/comment: I was just reading on the announcement about the patch beta that it would be available for the download significantly after the bought version. With the game being the same - it seems odd that the patch beta would not work for the download version as well. This isn't going to slow me down in any case - it just seems curious.

Thanks again Marc.

Hi guys

Been lurking around the edges of this forum monitoring the Download situation.

Here's my Issue.

For some reason, I ended up with the Football Manager Demo, doing ok with Grimsby and I was wondering if I download the WWSM, will I be able to load my Saved Grimbsy game from the demo and see if I can lead them to glory?

Having never been to Grimbsy and knowing nothing about them, they have grown on me quite a bit, In fact, Belive it or not, I actually check their score next to the Hearts Score on a Saturday Morning out here lol.

Cheers guys

On the first page that the Downloader opens it gives an error (not a popup, just the icon that there was something wrong, so, i clicked there to see what it was)

I will download the downloader again at home and will try again surelly... icon_frown.gif

I'm having the exact same problem !

What is going on ?

Oh boy, this brings bad memories

hey marc,

first of all great job on getting the release out and for keeping us informed

second, do you know if we will be able to download the game outside of the US anytime soon? possibly from another provided than boonty? thanks!

Downloaded the 'exe' downloader just fine. Ran it, entered my details (name, email, credit card #), and in the 3rd and last step where it's supposed to generate the serial code, it didn't sand said: "Sorry, could not generate, please contact our customer service or try again later..." or something along those lines.

So, like most of us in the U.S. I've waited anxiously for the DD. Now, with the links provided I'm unable to even get past the initial purchase. It keeps coming up firewall is activated. Only my freaking firewall is turned off. Completely turned off. What else is there for me to try? Any responses would be helpful and appreciated.

Originally posted by Dino63:

Question to other digital downloaders- are you guys uninstalling the demo to save space (I have a crappy Dell that hates me)? If so, are there any difficulties doing so?

Thanks.

I did, I need the space and wanted to start fresh now the I knew what I was doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by br0pbr0p:

There's no editor in the digital download. icon_frown.gif

Any way I can get that separately?

As far as we are aware there should be. What OS are you on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone conrfirm if there is an editor included?

Tried the same at home... with the same result.

I am using a mastercard card.

Originally posted by PLF:

Downloaded the 'exe' downloader just fine. Ran it, entered my details (name, email, credit card #), and in the 3rd and last step where it's supposed to generate the serial code, it didn't sand said: "Sorry, could not generate, please contact our customer service or try again later..." or something along those lines.

Exactly the same problem i described... well it looks i will not have the game this week then... icon_frown.gif

My DD was just completed and now I'm installing it, however, whenever it gets to the end of the installation is says an error occurred when trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupted. I tried retrying it as well as aborting it and starting the whole installation over. The only other option is Ignore which I don't think I should use. Any thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PLF:

Exactly the same problem i described... well it looks i will not have the game this week then... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna try again later on tonight and tomorrow.

Hopefully this problem many of us are experiencing will be soon fixed. icon_smile.gif

I'm using "MasterCard" as well by the way. Don't think that's related but still worth mentioning to see if all of us who are experiencing the same problem are using the same card or not... icon_confused.gif

Maybe this can help some of you guys.

When I ran the download program at first, I click on the Buy button at first, and I got an error message after I entered my credit card information.

I tried the other button instead, the Unlock button I think it was called. I was sent to the same internet page, but my paiment worked this time.

From what I read, some of you guys had the same problem.

Anyway, I'm now downloading and I can't wait to play. icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys for the hard work you put in that game. It shows that it's made by people who care icon_smile.gif

We have fantastic costumer service icon_smile.gif

Archived