Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

Originally posted by Raven Darkheart:

funny thing...

i still havent recieved my reciept from boonty

I just came here to post the same thing. Like yankee-ram I have the game running but I'll feel better when the receipt comes, I'm anal about keeping these things. At least I have my transaction ID printed out. I hope they sold thousands of copies and the mailer just hasn't caught up yet icon_smile.gif

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yankee_ram:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raven Darkheart:

funny thing...

i still havent recieved my reciept from boonty

Your not alone, I have the game up and running but still have yet to get my reciept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw you had problems earlier in the day, glad to see you are at least up and running icon14.gif

Hopefully if the receipts don't come soon Marc can sort it out for us.

Originally posted by know_your_role:

Small problem, I live in the US and I want a freaking copy of FM2008 not WWSM. The next person to tell me that they are are the same thing will get e-stabbed in the face. When will FM be available?

Get in touch with superustipak, first poster in the second page.

Small problem, I live in the US and I want a freaking copy of FM2008 not WWSM. The next person to tell me that they are are the same thing will get e-stabbed in the face. When will FM be available?

Whats wrong with WWSM that you just have to get FM instead.

Originally posted by meter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by br0pbr0p:

There's no editor in the digital download. icon_frown.gif

Any way I can get that separately?

As far as we are aware there should be. What OS are you on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone conrfirm if there is an editor included? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what it's worth, the editor is not where it was for WSM 2007 (at least not for me) - Start, All Programs, Sports Interactive, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 - definitely not there.

But it can be located through C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 - just double-click on "data editor" - it's the top file which is not a folder for me.

Just as an FYI in case anybody's having trouble finding it.

Originally posted by yankee_ram:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by know_your_role:

Whats wrong with WWSM that you just have to get FM instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yankee_ram:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by know_your_role:

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it's in your best interest to get over it.

change the language to English and you'll be good to go. ignore the WWSM branding, it's not a big deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yankee_ram:

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you wont buy it because it has soccer in the title? That is rather snobish of you.

I just don't want WWSM, I've played FM since ever and don't want to switch to anything that has the word "soccer" in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder where exactly do you deposit your feces? Certainly not in a 'bathroom' or a 'restroom'. You must hold it until you can fly across the Atlantic and use the 'loo'.

You're the ****** for not wanting to play the exact same game which will cost you cheaper and get to you faster as well, just because it has a different 'title'. icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by PLF:

I am now downloading the game as well and at about 950kb/s.

25% is done so another 6 minutes or so and the download will be over.

WWSM fully downloaded, installed and played now.

Tested everything including running the editor and all seems to be fine.

Well done SI. icon14.gif

Well my download certainly didn't work. I followed the instruction and nothing happens. I then checked the Bootygames folders that where setup in my program folder and they are empty.

It also installed a download icon on my desktop that does nothing either. I'm assuming the download manager involves a few files, but I have nothing but 2 empty folders. I sent them a problem report so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

• SI Staff

ANYONE with a problem getting this game please email me. Boonty support are ready and waiting.

if you have purchased the game I need

First Name:

Last name:

Email address used for the transaction:

Transaction ID (this number appear on the confirmation email)

If you haven't purchased or you didn't get an email I need a full description of your issue and screenshots.

Cheers

Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaintsCanada:

And as your reward,

Swing low, sweet chariot,

Comin for to carry me home!

urrgh, Egg chasing..try this

You've got to hold and give

But do it at the right time

You can be slow or fast

But you must get to the line

They'll always hit you and hurt you

Defend and attack

Theres only one way to beat them

Get round the back

Catch me if you can

Cos' I'm the England man

And what you're looking at

Is the master plan

We ain't no hooligans

This ain't a football song

Three lions on my chest

I know we can't go wrong

We're playing for England {In-ger-land}

We're playing the song </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL Nice one - You cant beat the John Barnes rap!

ANYONE with a problem getting this game please email me. Boonty support are ready and waiting.

if you have purchased the game I need

First Name:

Last name:

Email address used for the transaction:

Transaction ID (this number appear on the confirmation email)

If you haven't purchased or you didn't get an email I need a full description of your issue and screenshots.

Cheers

Mine *seems* to have worked. I clicked the button, sent the $$ info, there was a download (which does NOT work with OPERA! - once I changed to explorer, everything worked fine again).

But then it said it was sending me an email (which I never got). And that I needed to follow a bunch of verification instructions - which I never got an opportunity to do, since the game downloaded, and started working just fine. I saved the instructions just in case.

The game seems to be working fine - I set up a game with all the leagues (a LOT of them) and tried out some of the new features, saved a game, reloaded a game.

The nagging doubt I have is that it seemed too easy - and even easier than they were telling me during the process. I just sat back and let the game load.

Maybe I worry too much. Maybe I need to get my mind off things. Maybe managing a second division Russian team fighting relegation with no budget will help me relax.

• SI Staff

The three ******* above...ignored.

Any news on when FM will be available for download?

Since we're doing IP lookups you will never be able to buy FM08 digitally. The only version available to you is WWSM. Sorry

• SI Staff
Originally posted by wahoo05:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahoo05:

Still not working... e-mail and screenshot sent yesterday night but no reply as of yet...

LOL. It figures. Right as I hit "reply" here I get an e-mail back... never mind icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, been in a meeting since I got here today so worked backwards through my mails.

Turns out that the Boonty servers had some downtime last night which might account for some of the issues faced here.

I had no problems at all, aside from not receiving a confirmation email. But I was smart enough (*cough cough*) to print out the confirmation page when ordering (*hint hint*).

Thanks SI....you've retained my loyalty.

this canadian is happy with his new SOCCER game (*dig dig* at the 'elitist'*)

Seems like Boonty are working through the emails as I've had a couple of people say that since they mailed me they've had confirmation.

Any news on the error i posted yesterday?

Could it be i am clicking on "Buy it now" button?

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here?

By the way, right now i am receiving dozens of emails about "subscription to the Sega Newsletter"... i supose all this come from completing the form to buy the game... i just supose (or hope) my credit card wasn't charged all those times too...

• SI Staff
Originally posted by fercecy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

Seems like Boonty are working through the emails as I've had a couple of people say that since they mailed me they've had confirmation.

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The error your posted and the two screenshots are also affecting some other users. I've forwarded to boonty but please can you email me (as per above) so I can continue the war on errors with them.

Yes, I just received my confirmatory email - and a careful read of the instructions I didn't have to follow (see previous email) leads me to believe that the instructions were intended for a situation other than mine.

Thanks again, Marc for the followups on this - and look! I have a day off tomorrow. Let the weekend commence!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fercecy:

Another user posted here that he used the "unlock" button... but i can't use it from here, since i am at work right now... should i try that at home? or is it safe to do it here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The error your posted and the two screenshots are also affecting some other users. I've forwarded to boonty but please can you email me (as per above) so I can continue the war on errors with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email sent. icon_wink.gif

hi I finaly was able to download it and got the confirmation mail this morning (24 hour after the donwload).

but I still have problem they gave me an unlock code but I don't see any unlock option on the starting screen. can you help me? does the game realy need to get unlocked?

Yeah, got mine too. Came this morning while I was at work.

Archived