Digital downloads now available (PC & Mac WSM and Fútbol Manager)

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

Links on the first page updated. Boonty and Direct2Drive are for PC

Mac WWSM still uploading (about 40% now)

simple extrapolation says about an hour and forty minutes left.

got any good stories, Marc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I ever tell you about the Managing Director with a really really hairy back?

• SI Staff

Right, Neil D is going to be your host through the next hour or so as we wait for take off. He's got the FTP info and is pressing F5 about as much as you guys are pressing it here.

I've sadly got to get to bed, to get up for an early office meeting and then the Goldeeeeen Joystick awards.

Good luck Mac friends

Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

I haven't tried Leopard yet, I'm still on Tiger, but a few of the lads have been using it on their test machines.

Talking of which, we got a new Mac Monster yesterday. Core 2 Duo and everything with a cool 8GB RAM.

Very nice. I have a monster MBP with 2.33 Ghz C2D and 3 GB of RAM. 256 MB Graphics Card too.

Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

Originally posted by vikeologist:

Have been trying to download Futbol Manager from Boonty since yesterday, but keep getting the (common to many users on this forum) message that the transaction has failed. Boonty support replied to say that my bank turned down the transaction, but my bank haven't done anything. So, I eagerly awaited Direct to Drive, who have futbol manager available for download, albeit only for people in South America. However my order gets blocked because of country location restrictions. Presumably those retrictions are because I am in South America. I've checked my IP address, and it is correctly locating where I am. This is kind of like the episode of a certain programme (that may not have been shown yet so I won't give a spoiler) where a character's love for a woman is killed off when she deliberately makes herself smell before having sex with him badly. This is how I am beginning to feel about Football Manager.

I'm sorry to hear that and it's unusual, because Fútbol Manager should only be available to your territory.

I've fired off an email to the guys over at Direct2Drive, so if they come back to me I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Originally posted by vikeologist:

Guess what, Direct2Drive have fixed this for you now. Go get it quick! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by old fat bald guy:

Bought WWSM with the download, haven't been able to actually download the game. The icon that says "Download Worldwide ..." first produces a Windows message that says "Tiny Downloader" has encountered an error; on subsequent attempts it produces nothing. I have an order ID. I tried downloading a second copy of the setup program, but it didn't change anything. Boonty tells me maybe the server was down and I should try again ... which I just did.

Anybody else having these kinds of problems? Should I uninstall everything and start over, or will that cost me one of my two installations?

Guess I'm the only PC person here because everybody else is playing already. Hello? icon_biggrin.gif

Hi guys,

just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)

First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...

And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?

Take care guys (and girls),

S.

Originally posted by Oakland:

Hi guys,

just a few words from a Mac-female-user (am I the only woman here?)

First of all, thanks a lot to Mike and Neil who are losing their time with us poor addicted...

And a question: would it be thinkable in the future to have the possibility to specify the player's gender, and maybe to have the pronouns, etc, changing accordingly?

Take care guys (and girls),

S.

No Oakland your not the only woman in here, I am a woman myself so there are two of us..I think.

Archived